What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

✳️ "Boost any Romulan character straight to level 65" + Legendary ship ✳️

15678911»

Comments

• thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    jexsamx wrote: »
    Hey so where's that single ship purchase option that's actually reasonably priced? I noticed it didn't get added before the sale period ended, so it'll get an extension once that's fixed, right?

What are you talking about?

Fed pack had a ship-only option, so there should be one for the Rom bundle, right?

What are you talking about?

Right?

...right?

...oh

I realize you are trying to be sarcastic or funny, and that's fine. But your post was not clear enough to actually make sense.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    Back in January, when the Federation Legendary Ship Bundle was released, it came in two varieties - one that included just the ten ships available, with all their respective bells and whistles; and a second, much more expensive version that also had all ten ships + gear, but also included several items in addition to the ships.

The ships-only bundle was reasonably priced considering what was in it and how hard it could be to get many of the ships included.

The bundle with the extra bits, however, was overpriced garbage.

The joke was referencing the fact that the Romulan Legendary bundle *only* came in an overpriced garbage bundle and lacked a reasonable alternative sans the borderline useless extras Cryptic seems to think are worth more than they ought to be. The humor was intended to be derived from a shared or understood sense of disappointment at my apparent realization that there wasn't going to *be* a reasonable option.
    The ships-only bundle was reasonably priced considering what was in it and how hard it could be to get many of the ships included.

And there is the key point: "how hard it could be to get many of the ships included".

Do you know the only way to get a t6 T'liss, other than the legendary ship that just came out?

If you don't know, I can understand why you think this new legendary ship is overpriced.

However if you DO know that the ONLY way to get a t6 T'liss (prior to this new ship) was from a promo pack which either involves gambling or paying 1+bil on the exchange, then it's pretty clear how this new ship is actually "reasonably priced".

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User

And there is the key point: "how hard it could be to get many of the ships included".

Do you know the only way to get a t6 T'liss, other than the legendary ship that just came out?

If you don't know, I can understand why you think this new legendary ship is overpriced.

However if you DO know that the ONLY way to get a t6 T'liss (prior to this new ship) was from a promo pack which either involves gambling or paying 1+bil on the exchange, then it's pretty clear how this new ship is actually "reasonably priced".

Yep, no need to sacrifice a virgin to the RNG gods (devils?) and hope they listen.
    I am pleased with the bundle myself.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • fruitvendor12fruitvendor12 Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    The upgrade to 65 thing still has never showed up in my inbox. Anyone else having this problem? Yes I meet all criteria.
    > @fruitvendor12 said:
    > The upgrade to 65 thing still has never showed up in my inbox. Anyone else having this problem? Yes I meet all criteria.

Its not in your mail, its in one of the Cstore tabs. But be sure to only claim it on the character you want to boost.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    > @fruitvendor12 said:
    > The upgrade to 65 thing still has never showed up in my inbox. Anyone else having this problem? Yes I meet all criteria.

Its not in your mail, its in one of the Cstore tabs. But be sure to only claim it on the character you want to boost.

Did they ever extend it to include Reman? If so, I'm itching to buy the bundle.
    jcsww wrote: »
    > @fruitvendor12 said:

I'm pretty sure it's usable by any Romulan faction character, not dependent upon a specific species. But I can't confirm that as I haven't used my boot (and may never do so).

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
    > @fruitvendor12 said:

Inbox was a mental slip on my part. The cstore simply shows the item as purchased, there is no claim option. I bought it with a new rommie. Cryptic got back to me just now, they are calling it a bug. Maybe next update it will show up.

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Look in the Items Tab. The Upgrade Item you purchased shows up in there while there is the 'Purchased' Bundle in a different Tab.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    ltminns wrote: »
    Look in the Items Tab. The Upgrade Item you purchased shows up in there while there is the 'Purchased' Bundle in a different Tab.

Yep, this is what you should be looking for:

https://i.imgur.com/FOkZHTf.jpg

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg

Found it. Many thanks folks! Not sure why Cryptic thought it was a bug. Anyway less stress for me.

Found it. Many thanks folks! Not sure why Cryptic thought it was a bug. Anyway less stress for me.

Just a guess, but you probably told them it wasn't there (which would have been a bug) when in reality you just didn't find it. Glad you did though :)

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • acethepugacethepug Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    jcsww wrote: »
    > @fruitvendor12 said:

Yes, usable on Remans, as that is what I did. Enjoy!
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    Sale blog
    This is the kind of sale you'd find in Stovokor. This week, Star Trek Online is putting everying in the Zen Store and the Lobi Store on sale for 20% off on all platforms! Get your hands on some of our newest content, like PC's Legendary Romulan Bundle, for cheaper than ever before...

If that's truely accurate and not just a spelling error I might get the legendary Romulan pack after all. 50%+20% discount? That would bring the price down to 3'600 Zen. Now that's a good offer for an account bound promo ship!

Edit: Well shocked Pikatchu face, it's wrong information. Turns out the bundle is just 20% off, sold for 9'600 Zen. Cheaper than ever before, huh?
    edited June 2020
    szim wrote: »
    Sale blog
    This is the kind of sale you'd find in Stovokor. This week, Star Trek Online is putting everying in the Zen Store and the Lobi Store on sale for 20% off on all platforms! Get your hands on some of our newest content, like PC's Legendary Romulan Bundle, for cheaper than ever before...

If that's truely accurate and not just a spelling error I might get the legendary Romulan pack after all. 50%+20% discount? That would bring the price down to 3'600 Zen. Now that's a good offer for an account bound promo ship!

Edit: Well shocked Pikatchu face, it's wrong information. Turns out the bundle is just 20% off, sold for 9'600 Zen. Cheaper than ever before, huh?

I noticed that as well. PWE has not failed to disappoint lately!

Edit: The ZEN Charge Bonus doesn't seem to be active either. Go figure!
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    Sale blog

20% discount > 50% discount? Where did the folks at Cryptic learn math?
    garaffe wrote: »
    Sale blog

20% discount > 50% discount? Where did the folks at Cryptic learn math?

Probably from the same people that think math is racist. :P
This discussion has been closed.