test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

✳️ "Boost any Romulan character straight to level 65" + Legendary ship ✳️

Comments

• smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    garaffe wrote: »
    I don't understand how some are claiming this ship is worth $250 because T6 T'Liss is a promo pack ship. A distinction needs to be made.

The reason you don't understand is because you are apparently missing the entire point. Since you are comparatively new to this game, I'll try to explain it to you: since beta (way back in 2008) people have asked for an end game connie. They didn't ask for it to have specific mechanics or seating, they just wanted a Connie they could fly and perform at end game levels. Follow me so far?

Flash forward to the temporal Connie/T'liss/D7: the reason people were so excited to get these ships was NOT their specific layout; it was because of the reason mentioned above. No matter WHAT the specific layout of those ships had been, people would have been desperate to get their hands on them and they would have been just as valuable because of what they looked like.

So no, the legenday BOP is not 'technically' the same ship as the temporal T'liss; just like the miracle worker TOS connie is not 'technically' the same ship as the temoral Connie. But the ACTUAL point is that until these legendary ships came out the ONLY way to get a t6 Connie or T'liss was from a promo pack, which is why a lot of folks refer to these ships as 'promo ships'.

Yea....ONLY if you are lucky, you could have gotten one. And not many have it because certain folks on exchange decided "let's sell this mega crazy prices, one or two steps short of extortion and blackmail to get 'em!" and they are still rare to see in game.

THIS is one way to 'beat the man' as it were, when it comes to the above mentioned guys on the exchange.
    This is one way tell them "Takes your chapped lips and plant 'em on my rump, pal!"

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the fact is the exchange prices of the TOS, Disco, and Kelvin connies have not gone down since the release of the Legendary Bundle. For (reasons) people are still paying those prices, so while it might make you feel better about the situation by being able to buy the ship from the C-store, you aren't actually hurting the sellers on the exchange.

They ain't getting MY EC, that's the man bit.

Don't need to hurt 'em, they are hurting themselves, since I see very few of them as I play, just the same folks I see before who had em.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    If this was a 3 ship bundle with T'Liss, D'deridex, and Mogai legendaries and no extra fluff for $100 - $120 with the option of buying them individually for $40, I would have happily opened up my wallet. As is though, I will not pay any money for this, I will simply grind dil until I have enough to convert to 6000 zen.

Everyone has their own calculus when it comes to making purchases like this.

I agree with that sentiment wholeheartedly which is why even if I sternly disagree with something like this Rom Legend ship's pricing & someone likes & wants it since it doesn't hurt me more power to them for buying it.

I do worry though about setting precedent, like this could, & this Rom Legend ship not including previous versions' starship traits is bad for us consumers/players.

• thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    They ain't getting MY EC, that's the man bit.

It doesn't matter to them. Your EC is no different than the person who actually buys it.

Don't need to hurt 'em,

Except you think you do. In your last few posts you were calling them jerks and said you wanted to "beat the man". Well, you aren't beating anyone because other people are still buying their ships.

Try to just be happy people are getting the option to buy the ships in the C-store rather than being so bitter about how the ships were acquired in the past.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
    I do agree with you on that & also agree that the pricing would be more if/when sold as individuals.

Exactly. And whenever that finally happens, that will be the price to compare to the Legendary BOP because it will actually be a logical comparison.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    I don't understand how some are claiming this ship is worth $250 because T6 T'Liss is a promo pack ship. A distinction needs to be made. This ship is NOT the promo pack ship. The promo ship is the Temporal T'Liss and thus has the temporal ship mechanics and temporal seating. This ship has intel mechanics and hybrid intel/command seating. It isn't even clear if you get the trait from the Temporal T'Liss. So I repeat, this ship is NOT comparable to the promo pack Temporal T'Liss, so the claim that it is worth $250 is not accurate. In my opinion, this ship is far inferior to the Temporal T'Liss because I do not see intel or command being useful on this ship. I will have to wait for July to see for myself though.

Are we sure we cannot be clear on if we get the trait for the Temporal T'Liss?

I know people weren't sure on how the Federation Legendary ships would work as far as the things go, but from what I understand, the following unlock when you purchase the the legendary Fed ship pack:

- You get access to all the different customization options that ship comes with. For example, we look at the Verity. You get the new skin option, but at the same time you gain access to the Odyssey, the Yorktown, Sojourner and Endeavour ship skins.

- You get access to any console that unlocks with the ship. For the Verity, that means you get the Tier 5 ship consoles + the Tier 6 ship consoles (the latter which shares a set with the Krenim anniversary ship)

- You get access to any traits that other Tier 6 ships came with. With the Odyssey Tier 6 set, they have Checkmate, Adaptive Hull Plating and Super Charged Weapons.

The Legendary Connie by the way comes with the same trait that the Temporal Light Cruiser promo ship comes with, so I think we can all count on this T'Liss getting it.

If it doesn't, then it'll be the first Legendary ship not to come with the trait from another ship that it shares in its line, since the the Fed ships all got their traits.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    If this was a 3 ship bundle with T'Liss, D'deridex, and Mogai legendaries and no extra fluff for $100 - $120 with the option of buying them individually for $40, I would have happily opened up my wallet. As is though, I will not pay any money for this, I will simply grind dil until I have enough to convert to 6000 zen.

I agree with that sentiment wholeheartedly which is why even if I sternly disagree with something like this Rom Legend ship's pricing & someone likes & wants it since it doesn't hurt me more power to them for buying it.

I do worry though about setting precedent, like this could, & this Rom Legend ship not including previous versions' starship traits is bad for us consumers/players.

From the perspective of someone who has only ever played Republic characters since they released the faction, I am worried about a different precedent. If this bundle does not sell well because the price is too high for what is being offered, I fear Cryptic will just completely write off the Republic when it comes to future content. As is, we only seem to get a new ship once a year, and if people don't buy this bundle, I fear we will never see another new Republic ship.

On the other hand, I also see the point of view that if this bundle sells well, Crypic will use it as an excuse to do more of this outrageous pricing.

I am personally hoping that the bundle will sell enough so that Cryptic does not write off the Republic for future releases, but not so much as to justify their pricing. I want them to say "It really looks like people want to buy this ship, but it seems the price is too prohibitive. We will create more Republic content, but leave off the 'fluff' and charge a reasonable amount".
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    You'd better resign yourself to the fact that unless a Romulan Ship is part of a Choice Pack (Kelvin Constitution, D4x, T'laru) (Temporal Constitution, D7, T'Liss) there is not EVER going to be a Romulan (only) Ship leaving the assembly line floor.

'I Will Fight No More, Forever'
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    Well, was thinking about buying the bundle for a moment, but it looks like the equipment pack is only claimable once and not an account-wide unlock, it would have been nice to finally get something like that into the store - buy one bundle, and then never have to worry about having some usefull equipment ready when you hit level 65...

Besides, i also bought the 10th Anniversary Legendary Starship Premium Bundle recently, so i'm not going to jump on another legendary ship bundle right away without at least something i find usefull in it.

Btw. why was i hit with a "anything from this bundle is bound to you for one week" restriction this time? First time that happened, and i bought a few bundles from the store in the past...
    :confused:
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    szim wrote: »
    And yes, maybe they should stick with lockbox/promo ships. At least that way, anybody who wants a ship can get it from the exchange instead of having to buy an overpriced bundle with lots of stuff they neither need nor want.

Exchange prices on promo ships are $160-200 worth of keys/packs, for a single-character ship without the extra skins, consoles, or account-wide trait unlock.

I'd much rather pay $60 myself, but we're all entitled to our preferences.

Yep, THIS also gives ME the satisfaction I got a nice TOS ship WITHOUT having to put up with those jerky folks who hoard ships on the exchange over over a BILLION. Hell, I seen LOCKBOX ships go for nearly a billion, and that makes even less sense than the RD ships being so pricey, which never made sense, either.

This is a way to tell those guys on the exchange to take their ship boxes and stick it........

...preferably one corner at a time, too.

Pretty much! That's why I bought the Fed Legendary pack last night. My Discovery D7 cost me 1.3 billion EC back when I got it. I really enjoy the ship but 1.3 billion EC doesn't come easy. 10 ships for $195 really isn't bad. I was only interested in a few, but the rest will probably get used in some way, shape, or form. C-Store account unlocks over the Exchange single character unlocks and lock boxes any day!

Thank you, Cryptic/PWE, for giving people a second chance at owning the Fed Legendary bundle!
    That's a nice looking ship!
  • fallenkezef#4581 fallenkezef Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    It's nice to see a little ship getting love, too many big boys cluttering up screens these days.
    It's nice to see a little ship getting love, too many big boys cluttering up screens these days.

I would still like a flyable Borg Tactical Cube. :D
    jcsww wrote: »

as odd as this is, i am going to plus one on this...ive always wanted to try it out as well...so...

+1

I really wish they would add a "monster play" type of PVP to this game. Put one person in something really tough and let 5-10 people fight them.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • bigblackafricabigblackafrica Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    I'm late to this party but I wanted to read the whole thread before commenting.

I bought the Anniversary Legendary ship pack on day one without a second thought even though I already owned every version of the Defiant and Sovereign class ships.

I really like the look of the skin from Picard and I love the idea of an account wide unlock ship, but sadly I can't justify paying for this pack. Even at the "sale" price.

I already have 3 level 65 Romulan captains (well, 2 Romulans and a Reman) who are all fully geared with Mk XIV VR or better gear. One of them is finished with every rep and the other 2, I play far less often, are about halfway through the Discovery rep. So I have absolutely zero use for the level boost package. I mean, I guess I could use the bank and ship an boff slots, but literally nothing else would have any value at all.

To make matters worse: I own every variant of the T'varo so the only thing I would get out of this pack is the T'liss skin(s), a trait or 2, and a new Boff seating option.

Even with all that, I'd probably still pay up to 4k zen for the ship alone, but there's not enough new stuff in the pack for me to justify $60.

I bought the Anniversary Legendary ship pack on day one without a second thought even though I already owned every version of the Defiant and Sovereign class ships.

I really like the look of the skin from Picard and I love the idea of an account wide unlock ship, but sadly I can't justify paying for this pack. Even at the "sale" price.

I already have 3 level 65 Romulan captains (well, 2 Romulans and a Reman) who are all fully geared with Mk XIV VR or better gear. One of them is finished with every rep and the other 2, I play far less often, are about halfway through the Discovery rep. So I have absolutely zero use for the level boost package. I mean, I guess I could use the bank and ship an boff slots, but literally nothing else would have any value at all.

To make matters worse: I own every variant of the T'varo so the only thing I would get out of this pack is the T'liss skin(s), a trait or 2, and a new Boff seating option.

Even with all that, I'd probably still pay up to 4k zen for the ship alone, but there's not enough new stuff in the pack for me to justify $60.

That's a completely valid and well reasoned opinion. I can 100% understand people not seeing the "practical value" (as in, you already have all the T'varo variants) of the pack.

That said, to me this pack is not about "practical value" at all. To me, the main "point" or "draw" of this pack is about being able to buy an account unlock of a t6 T'liss, which until now has only be available in a promo pack.

And yes, I know many people will think "what's the big deal about a t6 T'liss?". The only answer I can give is that it is the Rom version of the TOS connie and comes from the same promo pack. That means the value of this pack is essentially based on what the value of an account unlock of a t6 TOS connie would be.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Advanced Plasma Arrays anyone?
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • redwren89redwren89 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    It's so interesting to see that most people across multiple threads are continuing to battle this out.

This bundle is a test to see if you like the single ship release option of the legendary ship. The bundle of junk with it is to help sweeten the deal, all of which will be used.

Buy ten hotdogs, eat ten hotdogs ^_^

Where's my D'deridex?
  • bigblackafricabigblackafrica Member Posts: 145 Arc User

That's a completely valid and well reasoned opinion. I can 100% understand people not seeing the "practical value" (as in, you already have all the T'varo variants) of the pack.

That said, to me this pack is not about "practical value" at all. To me, the main "point" or "draw" of this pack is about being able to buy an account unlock of a t6 T'liss, which until now has only be available in a promo pack.

And yes, I know many people will think "what's the big deal about a t6 T'liss?". The only answer I can give is that it is the Rom version of the TOS connie and comes from the same promo pack. That means the value of this pack is essentially based on what the value of an account unlock of a t6 TOS connie would be.

This is also completely understandable because part of the reason I bought the Anniversary bundle was to get my hands on the T6 Connie variants and I understand the appeal of a previously gamblebox exclusive skin. Hell, I still might consider it if I weren't the only person in my home working right now.

I hope everyone who has been wanting a T6 T'liss buys it, and is happy with their purchase. I also hope this sells well enough to satisfy Cryptic's metrics so we get Legendary versions of the D'deridex and the B'rel (another ship I have every version of) and the Vor'cha at least. I know other people have other Romulan and Klingon ships they love, but I'd say those are the ships that really qualify as "Hero" ships for their respective faction. This assumes we're defining "Hero" in the sense that they are the ones most frequently seen in the shows and movies. I can see an argument for the D7 being a legendary ship that should be available to all Klingons and Romulans... but this is a tangent.

Anyway. I don't love the price and hope they come up with a better sweetener than the level boost many players don't need. But this is a great bargain for any newer player who maybe hasn't leveled a Romulan yet and I hope it sells well enough to merit additional Legendary versions of Iconic ships. :)
  • revanindustriesrevanindustries Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    One thing I wish this level boost gave was either marks or Ideally rep ranks. Not that it’s hard to get them necessarily, but it would be a nice addition. At the very least T5 Romulan Republic Rep would be thematic.
    jcsww wrote: »

as odd as this is, i am going to plus one on this...ive always wanted to try it out as well...so...

+1

I really wish they would add a "monster play" type of PVP to this game. Put one person in something really tough and let 5-10 people fight them.

A true deathmatch would be really nice as well.
  • caijamin#9709 caijamin Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    redwren89 wrote: »

And don't forget to revamp the mainstay of the romulan fleet, the (Legendary) D'deridex. Again, what were they thinking?

D'deridex was growing long in the tooth by the end of DS9. Which is why the Romulans switched to the Valadore class ships during the TNG movies.

Don't worry though, that ship's coming.

I hope so! If that's the case, they should have mentioned in their original news that additional Legendary ships for Romulans were planned.....I'd even say release them at the same time. If would have really helped with the comparisons to the Federation Legendary bundle. I think some Romulan players are afraid that this might be all they get.

Just my thoughts on it.
  • caijamin#9709 caijamin Member Posts: 12 Arc User

And don't forget to revamp the mainstay of the romulan fleet, the (Legendary) D'deridex. Again, what were they thinking?

D'deridex was growing long in the tooth by the end of DS9. Which is why the Romulans switched to the Valadore class ships during the TNG movies.

Don't worry though, that ship's coming.

I hope so! If that's the case, they should have mentioned in their original news that additional Legendary ships for Romulans were planned.....I'd even say release them at the same time. If would have really helped with the comparisons to the Federation Legendary bundle. I think some Romulan players are afraid that this might be all they get.

Just my thoughts on it.

Also, I think knowing more Legendary Romulan ships are coming would actually make me more likely to buy this one too....I'm a collector!
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    I would rather have a legendary D'deridex honestly, it would hopefully make up for the mediocre setup of the current D'deridex available in the game, the one thing which turns me away from ever purchasing that ship.
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    It's so interesting to see that most people across multiple threads are continuing to battle this out.

This bundle is a test to see if you like the single ship release option of the legendary ship. The bundle of junk with it is to help sweeten the deal, all of which will be used.

Buy ten hotdogs, eat ten hotdogs ^_^

Where's my D'deridex?

Why not have both options available for customers/players?

The bundle price is more cost upfront but better itemized price per ship then an individual ship purchase won't be as much as the bundle price of course but would cost more per ship. Cryptic should, if not already attempting, try to reach a nice balance between those 2 approaches.

I would've been more interested in a Rom Legend ship if it had been the D'deridex, nothing wrong with the T'liss, I just don't like the structuring with all the fluff items nor price so I'll skip.
    Cryptic used to offer bundle and individual pricing for C-store ships (pilot, MW, command packs). Why not something like 3 legendary Republic ships (T'varo, Mogai, D'deridex) as a bundle for 12k zen (4k each) or individually for 5k zen each? Do away with the fluff, and do away with this "marketing strategy" of an initial sale followed by a price hike to a completely unreasonable (by any standard) price followed by the product going away completely. It's time to return to the old C-store bundle strategy. If they did that, the increased prices would be an easier pill to swallow (after all, the items in the C-store have not had their prices increase to make up for inflation in the real world economy).
  • jasonkirk#8984 jasonkirk Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    VERY HARD PASS for me :)​​
This discussion has been closed.