test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

✳️ "Boost any Romulan character straight to level 65" + Legendary ship ✳️

Comments

• Options
    ricob01ricob01 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Damn, the ship is nice, but the 'nice traits' that were talked about are really anything but, as there are no 'Infiltrators' or 'Superior Romulan Operatives'. A couple of BOFFS are 'Techies' and another is an 'Astrophysicist', but one of the 6 BOFFS doesn't even have a space trait. So having all those preloaded specializations is really offset by the lack of great traits.
  • Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,215 Arc User
    > @ricob01 said:
    > Damn, the ship is nice, but the 'nice traits' that were talked about are really anything but, as there are no 'Infiltrators' or 'Superior Romulan Operatives'. A couple of BOFFS are 'Techies' and another is an 'Astrophysicist', but one of the 6 BOFFS doesn't even have a space trait. So having all those preloaded specializations is really offset by the lack of great traits.

They don't have preloaded specializations. They don't have any specializations at all. Not one.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    Oh man @westx211 ! I didn't check properly. God they are doomed to converted in training manuals then for any existing Rom player and to be retired by any newer player once they recruit some of their own.
  • Options
    revanindustriesrevanindustries Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    No preloaded specs and no SROs? They really do seem to be setting this up to fail. Now I wasn’t expecting them all to have SRO or all specs unlocked, but at least a couple with the trait and Intel/Command specs unlocked because of the ship. That is disappointing.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    At least they do include the T5 trait and the Ominous Device console from the promo pack T'Liss, not just its skin. Also both the trait and console form the Malem.

Those boffs are sad though.
  • Options
    Yeah @davefenestrator the ship and console set are great that's true. I really hope we get a legendary D'deridex someday.
  • Options
    garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    This bundle just gets sadder and sadder. Luckily, getting Romulan BOFFs with SRO and whatnot is not difficult or expensive for Republic captains. What is difficult and expensive is getting Reman BOFFs.

This is just sad though. It really feels like they put no effort into this bundle. From the sound of it, the space and ground equipment is the same as the rank-up equipment boxes I got as I leveled up on my Delta Recruit Reman.
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    At least they do include the T5 trait and the Ominous Device console from the promo pack T'Liss, not just its skin. Also both the trait and console form the Malem.

Those boffs are sad though.

Ominous Device is the console for this new Leg ship? hmmm that was on 1 of the 10 fed leg ships as well... so no point in getting this ship unless you want the ship trait if you already have the fed leg bundle. if the bundle included 3 Rom BOs with SRO for other factions to claim... I would buy just for that. Too bad. leveling in this game is not hard at all. this bundle is just pure vomit imo.
  • Options
    foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    I want to know if that Legend T'liss T6 starship trait: Assault Formation Theta adding that innate HY3 torpedo ability cancels-out & causes a cooldown to a normally functioning HY3 ability? I hope those that buy enjoy it though, the ship skins look purdy.
  • Options
    aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 1,054 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    This would have been a good opportunity to provide Romulans with Advanced Plasma Arrays like provided on the Discovery Constitution (Phaser) and Discovery D7 (Disruptor).

This is likely the single most sad thing for me short of a unique BO or special torp or even omni.
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
    Obscurea Chaotica Fleet (KDF), Commander
    ingame: @.Spartan
    Romulan_Republic_logo.png
    Former Alpha & Beta Tester
    Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan (member #124)
    The Glorious, Kirk’s Protegè
  • Options
    darpendragondarpendragon Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    westmetals wrote: »
    question....... I was thinking about creating a new Romulan character for that level 65 rank-up, etc.

Would I mess anything up by buying the pack before creating said character (in order to have access to the ship on other characters)? Or should I create the new character first & use that character to buy?

No, you won't mess anything up if you buy the pack first.

When you buy the pack, you will get 2 new C-Store Items, the ship found in the t6 ships tab, and the 65 boost which is found in the items / top seller items tab to be claimed.

So buy the pack, get the ship for your characters. Then create a new character and get the boost later whenever you want to.
  • Options
    reyan01 wrote: »
    I don't know - I mean, I guess it would've been good if they had done this but I'm not sure I'd have used them anyway. I don't own the Legendary T'Liss but I do own the Malem and the Temproal T'Liss; I use Altamid Plasma weapon on both. They are pretty potent and I very much doubt that 'Advanced Plasma Beam Arrays' (since these weapons only come in beam array form) would be that much of a performance improvement on Altamid cannons.

Sure. I do now as well. I kind of was hoping it would have been canons and beams Since a Rommie can be on both sides and with it being a legendary ship but we can dream...
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    From reddit, here are some image galleries of the ship with shield rep visuals and then just showing off the ship:

Rep shields: https://imgur.com/a/E3u2Kmv

Beauty shots: https://imgur.com/a/AqBqdYQ

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    Does the big red death ball do all plasma damage again with this bundle? I used to love stacking plasma consoles and buffing up that torpedo console.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • Options
    valarauko43valarauko43 Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    I bought the pack and claimed the ship on my romulan main yesterday morning. Later in the day I checked my fed and the ship was claimable. Then I checked my klingon and the ship was also claimable. But I had heard that the ship was romulan exclusive. Anyone know the straight skinny?
  • Options
    nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    I bought the pack and claimed the ship on my romulan main yesterday morning. Later in the day I checked my fed and the ship was claimable. Then I checked my klingon and the ship was also claimable. But I had heard that the ship was romulan exclusive. Anyone know the straight skinny?

it is not exclusive, the semi-useless instant 65 token/pack is the exclusive part of the bundle. and that'll probably stop the moment they figure out how to sell it to feds in a way it'll actually get bought.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • Options
    From reddit, here are some image galleries of the ship with shield rep visuals and then just showing off the ship:

Rep shields: https://imgur.com/a/E3u2Kmv

Beauty shots: https://imgur.com/a/AqBqdYQ

Oh nice, thanks for the links.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    I want to know if that Legend T'liss T6 starship trait: Assault Formation Theta adding that innate HY3 torpedo ability cancels-out & causes a cooldown to a normally functioning HY3 ability? I hope those that buy enjoy it though, the ship skins look purdy.
    It seems to bypass boff powers entirely. IE it gives you the THY3 buff directly.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    It seems to bypass boff powers entirely. IE it gives you the THY3 buff directly.

So it does not induce a cooldown of the BOFF ability? That is good to know!
  • Options

I'm surprise but glad for those that bought it & an excellent feature too. Thanks for the info..
  • Options
    sniper1187sniper1187 Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    I just bought it, but its not in my inventory, and no where around, wtf
    "Nuke the entire site from orbit--it's the only way to be sure"
  • Options
    Yay, it showed up
  • Options
    The ship has some issues yet with visual for deflectors such as the Breen set but overall not so bad.

The Borg set looks nice actually.

NsLiBKH.jpg
  • Options
    aspartan1 wrote: »
    The ship has some issues yet with visual for deflectors such as the Breen set but overall not so bad.

NsLiBKH.jpg

I got the T5 Jem'Hadar attack ship, tossed the Borg set into the visual tab, it looks like a bug lol.....named it Murder Hornet
  • Options
    sniper1187 wrote: »
    aspartan1 wrote: »

NsLiBKH.jpg

I got the T5 Jem'Hadar attack ship, tossed the Borg set into the visual tab, it looks like a bug lol.....named it Murder Hornet

No doubt. I called this one wasp then I thought it looked like a scorpion or a snake nest so I called it Medusa.
  • Options
    pet1e86pet1e86 Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    The level 65 pack is pretty meh, saves some time but the gear is practically useless, cannot make any full build with the set, have to mix beams with cannons etc, the boffs, none have SRO trait, so they're all useless, 1mil ec again worth nothing, none of the reps are completed, no R&D either, free jem hadar toons get some schools at level 15 and some reps at t5, where as one you pay for does not,

Overall I think the pack is worth it, account wide trait unlock for the legendary ship, and 2 other traits from the ship, which one is zen store ship and the other a lockbox, so the ship is worth it alone, the level 65 boost is sorely lacking IMO.
  • Options
    captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,627 Arc User
    pet1e86 wrote: »
    The level 65 pack is pretty meh, saves some time but the gear is practically useless, cannot make any full build with the set, have to mix beams with cannons etc, the boffs, none have SRO trait, so they're all useless, 1mil ec again worth nothing, none of the reps are completed, no R&D either, free jem hadar toons get some schools at level 15 and some reps at t5, where as one you pay for does not,

Overall I think the pack is worth it, account wide trait unlock for the legendary ship, and 2 other traits from the ship, which one is zen store ship and the other a lockbox, so the ship is worth it alone, the level 65 boost is sorely lacking IMO.

Have to agree. The Level 65 boost is quite disappointing considering that Jem'Hadar prove that schools and Reps can be boosted easily.

Especially considering that there is a bug with some captains not even getting basic skills to drop with the boost: https://arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1256196/legendary-boosted-romulan-tactical-missing-captain-powers
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    Hey so where's that single ship purchase option that's actually reasonably priced? I noticed it didn't get added before the sale period ended, so it'll get an extension once that's fixed, right?

Fed pack had a ship-only option, so there should be one for the Rom bundle, right?

Right?

...right?

...oh
This discussion has been closed.