test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

✳️ "Boost any Romulan character straight to level 65" + Legendary ship ✳️

Comments

• redwren89redwren89 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    It's so interesting to see that most people across multiple threads are continuing to battle this out.

This bundle is a test to see if you like the single ship release option of the legendary ship. The bundle of junk with it is to help sweeten the deal, all of which will be used.

Buy ten hotdogs, eat ten hotdogs ^_^

Where's my D'deridex?
  • reyan01reyan01 Member Posts: 15,365 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Advanced Plasma Arrays anyone?

Excellent point there actually - they missed a trick there.
  • bigblackafricabigblackafrica Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    I'm late to this party but I wanted to read the whole thread before commenting.

I bought the Anniversary Legendary ship pack on day one without a second thought even though I already owned every version of the Defiant and Sovereign class ships.

I really like the look of the skin from Picard and I love the idea of an account wide unlock ship, but sadly I can't justify paying for this pack. Even at the "sale" price.

I already have 3 level 65 Romulan captains (well, 2 Romulans and a Reman) who are all fully geared with Mk XIV VR or better gear. One of them is finished with every rep and the other 2, I play far less often, are about halfway through the Discovery rep. So I have absolutely zero use for the level boost package. I mean, I guess I could use the bank and ship an boff slots, but literally nothing else would have any value at all.

To make matters worse: I own every variant of the T'varo so the only thing I would get out of this pack is the T'liss skin(s), a trait or 2, and a new Boff seating option.

Even with all that, I'd probably still pay up to 4k zen for the ship alone, but there's not enough new stuff in the pack for me to justify $60.

That's a completely valid and well reasoned opinion. I can 100% understand people not seeing the "practical value" (as in, you already have all the T'varo variants) of the pack.

That said, to me this pack is not about "practical value" at all. To me, the main "point" or "draw" of this pack is about being able to buy an account unlock of a t6 T'liss, which until now has only be available in a promo pack.

And yes, I know many people will think "what's the big deal about a t6 T'liss?". The only answer I can give is that it is the Rom version of the TOS connie and comes from the same promo pack. That means the value of this pack is essentially based on what the value of an account unlock of a t6 TOS connie would be.

This is also completely understandable because part of the reason I bought the Anniversary bundle was to get my hands on the T6 Connie variants and I understand the appeal of a previously gamblebox exclusive skin. Hell, I still might consider it if I weren't the only person in my home working right now.

I hope everyone who has been wanting a T6 T'liss buys it, and is happy with their purchase. I also hope this sells well enough to satisfy Cryptic's metrics so we get Legendary versions of the D'deridex and the B'rel (another ship I have every version of) and the Vor'cha at least. I know other people have other Romulan and Klingon ships they love, but I'd say those are the ships that really qualify as "Hero" ships for their respective faction. This assumes we're defining "Hero" in the sense that they are the ones most frequently seen in the shows and movies. I can see an argument for the D7 being a legendary ship that should be available to all Klingons and Romulans... but this is a tangent.

Anyway. I don't love the price and hope they come up with a better sweetener than the level boost many players don't need. But this is a great bargain for any newer player who maybe hasn't leveled a Romulan yet and I hope it sells well enough to merit additional Legendary versions of Iconic ships. :)
  • revanindustriesrevanindustries Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    One thing I wish this level boost gave was either marks or Ideally rep ranks. Not that it’s hard to get them necessarily, but it would be a nice addition. At the very least T5 Romulan Republic Rep would be thematic.
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,456 Arc User
    jcsww wrote: »
    It's nice to see a little ship getting love, too many big boys cluttering up screens these days.

I would still like a flyable Borg Tactical Cube. :D

as odd as this is, i am going to plus one on this...ive always wanted to try it out as well...so...

+1

I really wish they would add a "monster play" type of PVP to this game. Put one person in something really tough and let 5-10 people fight them.

A true deathmatch would be really nice as well.
  • keepcalmchiveonkeepcalmchiveon Member Posts: 3,524 Arc User
    redwren89 wrote: »
    It's so interesting to see that most people across multiple threads are continuing to battle this out.

This bundle is a test to see if you like the single ship release option of the legendary ship. The bundle of junk with it is to help sweeten the deal, all of which will be used.

Where's my D'deridex?

and many dont like this one. and if you can eat 10 hot dogs...well....nvm.
    meh

• caijamin#9709 caijamin Member Posts: 12 Arc User

And don't forget to revamp the mainstay of the romulan fleet, the (Legendary) D'deridex. Again, what were they thinking?

D'deridex was growing long in the tooth by the end of DS9. Which is why the Romulans switched to the Valadore class ships during the TNG movies.

Don't worry though, that ship's coming.

I hope so! If that's the case, they should have mentioned in their original news that additional Legendary ships for Romulans were planned.....I'd even say release them at the same time. If would have really helped with the comparisons to the Federation Legendary bundle. I think some Romulan players are afraid that this might be all they get.

Just my thoughts on it.
  • caijamin#9709 caijamin Member Posts: 12 Arc User

And don't forget to revamp the mainstay of the romulan fleet, the (Legendary) D'deridex. Again, what were they thinking?

D'deridex was growing long in the tooth by the end of DS9. Which is why the Romulans switched to the Valadore class ships during the TNG movies.

I hope so! If that's the case, they should have mentioned in their original news that additional Legendary ships for Romulans were planned.....I'd even say release them at the same time. If would have really helped with the comparisons to the Federation Legendary bundle. I think some Romulan players are afraid that this might be all they get.

Just my thoughts on it.

Also, I think knowing more Legendary Romulan ships are coming would actually make me more likely to buy this one too....I'm a collector!

Just my thoughts on it.

Well, you might be right. It is possible they're 'testing the waters' with the Legendary T'liss.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 2,962 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    I would rather have a legendary D'deridex honestly, it would hopefully make up for the mediocre setup of the current D'deridex available in the game, the one thing which turns me away from ever purchasing that ship.
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,702 Arc User

Where's my D'deridex?

Why not have both options available for customers/players?

The bundle price is more cost upfront but better itemized price per ship then an individual ship purchase won't be as much as the bundle price of course but would cost more per ship. Cryptic should, if not already attempting, try to reach a nice balance between those 2 approaches.

I would've been more interested in a Rom Legend ship if it had been the D'deridex, nothing wrong with the T'liss, I just don't like the structuring with all the fluff items nor price so I'll skip.
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    Cryptic used to offer bundle and individual pricing for C-store ships (pilot, MW, command packs). Why not something like 3 legendary Republic ships (T'varo, Mogai, D'deridex) as a bundle for 12k zen (4k each) or individually for 5k zen each? Do away with the fluff, and do away with this "marketing strategy" of an initial sale followed by a price hike to a completely unreasonable (by any standard) price followed by the product going away completely. It's time to return to the old C-store bundle strategy. If they did that, the increased prices would be an easier pill to swallow (after all, the items in the C-store have not had their prices increase to make up for inflation in the real world economy).
  • jasonkirk#8984 jasonkirk Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    VERY HARD PASS for me :)​​
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,420 Arc User
    Now, a Legendary Valdore would be more interesting to me...
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • ee3452pee3452p Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    I do have the T6 Malem and T5 version (they gave that one out for free once). What is completely lacking is a DISCOUNT for people who already own items in the pack. Quite frankly it seems that Cryptic doesn't bother with that, they don't seem to care if I pay for the same item twice or thrice. Just as with Mudds market, they don't care if someone pays the full undiscounted price for stuff. And there are some people who will do that, and Cryptic readily and knowingly accepts that and just takes the money.

And it is exactly this ATTITUDE which bothers me. Cryptic will have to do much much better if they want any money from me in the future.
    Post edited by ee3452p on
    A zero cost way for Cryptic to finance and expand the foundry

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1247522/foundry-sunset-april-11th-2019/p15

Look at my post about a Foundry Ship

BRING BACK THE FOUNDRY!
  • bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,290 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Well then that would get the Romulans 'out of the way' for Legendary treatmen. Then take care of the Klingons and their Legendary Ship(s) in 'The Year of Klingon'. Finish up with the Jem'Hadar Legendary and everyone is covered.

What would be the Legendary Jem'Hadar Ship, you ask? Well, we have already seen them experiment with it by putting it in the Lobi Store on limited sale at around times where they are starting to make Lobi availible as Reward Alternatives. The Jem'Hadar Strike, etc. Ship. You already have three variations.

If they are going to do anything with the Dominion I would rather they expand it out to a full demi-faction (like the Romulans) instead of just making some token "Legendary" ship. Not everyone wants to run a mook and the Dominion is the only "faction" in the game where that is the only choice.

+1
    non-Federation content is good content

R E M A I N

Tal'Shiar/Reman Resistance/Romulan Nemesis uniform, pls.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png

Byron: The Mirror Exile

Gamet'Zan: The Honored Commando

Kabur: The Leftover Son

Raius: The Beacon of the Terrans

Symakhos: The Redeemed Prince
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,456 Arc User
    > @bltrrn said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > +1

I wouldn't call the Romulan's a full faction in this game. You play a few missions before being forced to choose a faction, which should of had the options for an independent Romulan Republic and the Romulan Star Empire instead of siding with the Fed's or KDF.
    ee3452p wrote: »
    I do have the T6 Malem and T5 version (they gave that one out for free once). What is completely lacking is a DISCOUNT for people who already own items in the pack. Quite frankly it seems that Cryptic doesn't bother with that, they don't seem to care if I pay for the same item twice or thrice. Just as with Mudds market, they don't care if someone pays the full undiscounted price for stuff. And there are some people who will do that, and Cryptic readily and knowingly accepts that and just takes the money.

And it is exactly this ATTITUDE which bothers me. Cryptic will have to do much much better if they want any money from me in the future.

Didn't Cryptic do that "if you already own something you get a discount on this bigger pack/bundle" at least once?

I figure since they've shown they have the capability to do so they may not possibly always be able, maybe code CBS or PWE restrictions or something, or probably don't find the effort worth it so decide not to offer that type of itemized discount.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 3,886 Arc User
    jcsww wrote: »
    > @bltrrn said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > +1

I wouldn't call the Romulan's a full faction in this game. You play a few missions before being forced to choose a faction, which should of had the options for an independent Romulan Republic and the Romulan Star Empire instead of siding with the Fed's or KDF.

That is why I said full demi-faction not full faction.
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,169 Arc User
    This release would have been better if Cryptic hadn't inflated the price so much for a lot of questionable stuff outside the ship itself.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • darpendragondarpendragon Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    Didn't Cryptic do that "if you already own something you get a discount on this bigger pack/bundle" at least once?

I figure since they've shown they have the capability to do so they may not possibly always be able, maybe code CBS or PWE restrictions or something, or probably don't find the effort worth it so decide not to offer that type of itemized discount.

They only do discounts for the big "expansion" packs if you had bought the starter versions of those pack, never for ship packs.

In fact, if you have bought a ship that was part of a bundle, they usually prevent you from buying that bundle.

edited June 2020
    Oh dear - no Zen charge bonus, as there was with the Federation Legendary Pack?

No sale.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 7,719 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »

No sale.

The discount is till the 30th so it may come around before then.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,880 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    "For less ancient Trek fans the Picard skin would also be a lock box or promo ship without this.

*face palm*

DgzGcGb.jpg
    Us TOS fans don't all have brittle hips, eat dinner at 3 pm, and use an aluminum walker to go watch Wheel of Fortune, you know. :/

I guess they never heard of the power of syndication! :blush:

Considering that TV isn't a thing anymore...
    Facinating.

I use a TV for my Xbox and PC.
    I use a TV to watch cable networks that is cheaper than all the paywalls that's all the rage.
    My mother likes using the smart TV to use YouTube.

Why watch programs on a mini screen on smart phones and tablets when I can use a 60"+ TV instead?
  • zaravex62zaravex62 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    They just lost money with no zen boost game workshop got my money instead
    lasonio wrote: »
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Me gonna get this, since this will be the only way I can get a T'Liss, one of my favorites of TOS.

It is a pretty good deal actually. And the Picard version looks really nice to me. Still not getting it...but it's damn that ship looks nice.

When I get mine, I'll park next to you to check it out, if you like. :)

Damn, that is coldblooded, just savage. I am laughing so hard my face hurts.

I know it's not meant the way I read it and I am certain everyone can in time afford this item and it's a nice thing you're doing and its meant to be kind but still it's hilariously funny. Just killing people with kindness. It's so viciously funny you kind of expect to see it in a romcom or a sitcom cause their is no thought about the word play adding more value to the comedy.

Just comic gold. I imagine a dude sitting in a Chrysler 300 and then you pull up in a Rolls Royce phantom and say that same statement. I would just keel over laughing.

My nephew used to want to check out the cars I'd bought over the years. But when he bought himself a Dodge Charger, he couldn't be bothered to ask if I wanted to take a look at his car.

Some people laugh at the strangest things.

questerius wrote: »

No sale.

The 25th is supposed to be when the third ship token/Lobi Crystal event is supposed to wrap up, so I'm assuming the Summer Event will start then. Which is also when they might toss in the Summer Zen charge bonus.
    I bought Legendary ship bundle.

The "Level 65 Romulan Captain Pack" appears in the Items/'Top Selling Items' and 'All' categories.
    questerius wrote: »

No sale.

The 25th is supposed to be when the third ship token/Lobi Crystal event is supposed to wrap up, so I'm assuming the Summer Event will start then. Which is also when they might toss in the Summer Zen charge bonus.

Cryptic's Summer Events on Risa are usually pretty fun imo.
  • ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    Edit nvm figured it out.
    Post edited by ussvaliant#6064 on
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.