test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

✳️ "Boost any Romulan character straight to level 65" + Legendary ship ✳️

145791012

Comments

  • keepcalmchiveonkeepcalmchiveon Member Posts: 3,550 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Okay...seriously people...you all have told Cryptic REPEATEDLY that you all want an account unlock, zen store option for these iconic T6 ships. They place them in the store for LESS than the expected price...in some cases WAY less and you all complain about the price now?!? You all know what this tells Cryptic? They they should NOT do this and just place EVERYTHING in gamble boxes like they have been doing and make more money. And everything somebody claims slippery slope doesn't exist, all I now have to do is point them to this forum. Jeez people.

    no...i see people asking for individual sales of ships. many people dont need the bundle, even if the price becomes 1950 per ship based on the above post. i wont use nor need all those ships.
    while i may understand your point, as it is 6k now vs 12k, many have expressed, even you, about the dismay of something within the bundle.
    so if we go by your standards for this post, then by all rights, you should be purchasing this bundle as well, no?

    Cryptic wants to secure a certain amount of income. One that cannot be covered if peeps only “buy” the stuff they want to have exclusively. That’s why they introduced gambling as means of acquisition first and now do it with packs which include stuff you don’t need and would never get otherwise.

    Its the price to pay now and lower than via gambling but not as low as being allowed to get stuff individualy. :)

    im in agreement. its a business. but even some money is better than no money. even cold has said he refuses to spend money due to several factors.
    so while i get the post you make and defense of cryptic, as a business, you can still make money with individual sales than one large one.
    but hell, look at this way as well. add a small premium, i cant recall the avvg price for a single t6 ship in zen, but lets just say 5k for posting purposes. id be willing to spend 5.5k for it, and "may" consider even 6k. because for me, i will then use the one ship i buy as compared to just using one out of ten, thus i feel better and not like i wasted money.

    yes, everyone is different. many say the obvious...dont buy it then, or, well the OP wants to so let him. we all get it. just like we all know they want to make money.

    i mean so be it. if they move everything to LBs, then it is what it is. but they miss many sales when all they do is bundle and offer nothing else.
    meh

  • revanindustriesrevanindustries Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Okay...seriously people...you all have told Cryptic REPEATEDLY that you all want an account unlock, zen store option for these iconic T6 ships. They place them in the store for LESS than the expected price...in some cases WAY less and you all complain about the price now?!? You all know what this tells Cryptic? They they should NOT do this and just place EVERYTHING in gamble boxes like they have been doing and make more money. And everything somebody claims slippery slope doesn't exist, all I now have to do is point them to this forum. Jeez people.

    Absolutely true. It’s cheaper, account wide, and more accessible than lockbox ships, yet there is still a great deal of negativity surrounding it. My only concern Is the concurrent release jeopardizing the success of the new pack, a concern that I feel is warranted.
  • aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Okay...seriously people...you all have told Cryptic REPEATEDLY that you all want an account unlock, zen store option for these iconic T6 ships. They place them in the store for LESS than the expected price...in some cases WAY less and you all complain about the price now?!? You all know what this tells Cryptic? They they should NOT do this and just place EVERYTHING in gamble boxes like they have been doing and make more money. And everything somebody claims slippery slope doesn't exist, all I now have to do is point them to this forum. Jeez people.

    Absolutely true. It’s cheaper, account wide, and more accessible than lockbox ships, yet there is still a great deal of negativity surrounding it. My only concern Is the concurrent release jeopardizing the success of the new pack, a concern that I feel is warranted.

    The primary reason there is so much negativity is because of the words:

    Exclusive
    Legendary

    Not considering the technical dimensions and flaws but just those words alone are giving the pack a highly negative spin. Now if it had a unique BO or some box skill for Rommie toons only and if the ship were better than the Temporal version those words would have valid meaning but they dont to most people that really understand the dynamics of what people are being asked to buy.

    For example, case in point $1m EC? That is a joke and has been since the F2P conversion! Maybe 100m or 1B would would be far more legendary to people. Just sayin'...

    With that said I will be getting it because it is Rommie and I will support all things Rommie but it is a bitter pill so to speak.
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
    Obscurea Chaotica Fleet (KDF), Commander
    ingame: @.Spartan
    Romulan_Republic_logo.png
    Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan (member #124)
    The Glorious, Kirk’s Protegè

  • revanindustriesrevanindustries Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    Yes. It’s absolutely a bitter pill. And unfortunately I expect something like this for the KDF Legendary pack as well, except maybe 18k because it might have two ships. I wholeheartedly support non-Fed content and will also be picking this up for that reason.
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,340 Arc User
    Me gonna get this, since this will be the only way I can get a T'Liss, one of my favorites of TOS.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • wazzagiowwazzagiow Member Posts: 769 Arc User
    aspartan1 wrote: »
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Okay...seriously people...you all have told Cryptic REPEATEDLY that you all want an account unlock, zen store option for these iconic T6 ships. They place them in the store for LESS than the expected price...in some cases WAY less and you all complain about the price now?!? You all know what this tells Cryptic? They they should NOT do this and just place EVERYTHING in gamble boxes like they have been doing and make more money. And everything somebody claims slippery slope doesn't exist, all I now have to do is point them to this forum. Jeez people.

    Absolutely true. It’s cheaper, account wide, and more accessible than lockbox ships, yet there is still a great deal of negativity surrounding it. My only concern Is the concurrent release jeopardizing the success of the new pack, a concern that I feel is warranted.

    The primary reason there is so much negativity is because of the words:

    Exclusive
    Legendary

    Not considering the technical dimensions and flaws but just those words alone are giving the pack a highly negative spin. Now if it had a unique BO or some box skill for Rommie toons only and if the ship were better than the Temporal version those words would have valid meaning but they dont to most people that really understand the dynamics of what people are being asked to buy.

    For example, case in point $1m EC? That is a joke and has been since the F2P conversion! Maybe 100m or 1B would would be far more legendary to people. Just sayin'...

    With that said I will be getting it because it is Rommie and I will support all things Rommie but it is a bitter pill so to speak.

    Like yourself i've bought almost everything romulan in the game. However i'm not tempted in the slightest by this. I've been hoping for a more fleshed out Legendary bundle to become available. Which would obviously include most notably the iconic D'deridex and even the valdore etc.

    To me the instant level 65 aspect of the bundle is pointless as it's a fairly easy game to play and grind. if they had maybe added more parts to alien gen for suliban for example or unlocked them as a playable species for the romulan faction that could tempt me make another character.

    or even a one off unlock of all playbale specices in game for the faction. for example you could choose a playable cardassian for the romulan republic as a legendary character slot perk. just an idea.

  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,340 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Me gonna get this, since this will be the only way I can get a T'Liss, one of my favorites of TOS.

    It is a pretty good deal actually. And the Picard version looks really nice to me. Still not getting it...but it's damn that ship looks nice.

    When I get mine, I'll park next to you to check it out, if you like. :)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    One romulan ship? Great deal? Sure great deal for Cryptic. Hard pass. I'll save my zen for one of those 9 pilot ship bundles when it's on sale.

    You know when they said never before seen item ever in STO. I didn't think they would claim that 65+ booster token was it. I sure hope the legendary Klingon bundle isn't as pathetic as this deal is.​​
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    wazzagiow wrote: »
    Like yourself i've bought almost everything romulan in the game. However i'm not tempted in the slightest by this. I've been hoping for a more fleshed out Legendary bundle to become available. Which would obviously include most notably the iconic D'deridex and even the valdore etc.

    To me the instant level 65 aspect of the bundle is pointless as it's a fairly easy game to play and grind. if they had maybe added more parts to alien gen for suliban for example or unlocked them as a playable species for the romulan faction that could tempt me make another character.

    or even a one off unlock of all playbale specices in game for the faction. for example you could choose a playable cardassian for the romulan republic as a legendary character slot perk. just an idea.

    I feel you. Really I do because I need to pay nearly nine times the cost locally to give Cryptic one USD $1 due to TRIBBLE exchange policy because I happen to be a professor in China right now.

    Nonetheless The only saving grace for me on this is the account wide ship option.
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
    Obscurea Chaotica Fleet (KDF), Commander
    ingame: @.Spartan
    Romulan_Republic_logo.png
    Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan (member #124)
    The Glorious, Kirk’s Protegè

  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,955 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Okay...seriously people...you all have told Cryptic REPEATEDLY that you all want an account unlock, zen store option for these iconic T6 ships. They place them in the store for LESS than the expected price...in some cases WAY less and you all complain about the price now?!? You all know what this tells Cryptic? They they should NOT do this and just place EVERYTHING in gamble boxes like they have been doing and make more money. And everything somebody claims slippery slope doesn't exist, all I now have to do is point them to this forum. Jeez people.

    First Cryptic has to look at the sales and see what's really up. Then they can read the forums and see what ways they could still improve.

    People complaing it's too expensive might not buy it. But there could still be a large group of people that buy it - as long as it's large enough, it's fine.

    In the end, if people are serious about wanting more KDF or Romulan content and getting rid of gamble boxes and being able to buy ships directly from the C-Store, they are going to have to meet the price neccessary for Cryptic to satisfy their business demands, or they don't.
    Maybe the end result is that Cryptic realizes t hat they don't need to do KDF or Romulan content. Or maybe the end result is that the gamble method is unneccessary and there are enough people to meet higher prices for sufficiently "special" ships.

    Ships with two hybrid slots in the past have been limited to lockboxes and promos. Regular C-Store ships never got that. Except in these legendary bundle. But the legendary bundle is priced above the regular C-Store ship prize as well. I guess that is approximately the difference they expect is neeeded to compensate for people gambling for their ship.
    The primary reason there is so much negativity is because of the words:

    Exclusive
    Legendary
    The negativity these brings for some might however be something that triggers others to purchase them. Complaints about these terms might just be an unfortunately side effect, but still worth it.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    If this was a 3 ship bundle with T'Liss, D'deridex, and Mogai legendaries and no extra fluff for $100 - $120 with the option of buying them individually for $40, I would have happily opened up my wallet. As is though, I will not pay any money for this, I will simply grind dil until I have enough to convert to 6000 zen.

    Everyone has their own calculus when it comes to making purchases like this.
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 4,944 Arc User
    Regarding the price debate: while I *DO* agree it's "normal" price is overpriced, I think it's sale price is completely fair. Why? Because as someone explained on reddit the tier 6 T'liss is just as rare/expensive as the tier 6 TOS connie, and if they sold the tier 6 TOS connie individually in the C-store it would cost way more than the standard $30 too.

    The-Grand-Nagus
    Join Date: Sep 2008

    og9Zoh0.jpg
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,484 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Okay...seriously people...you all have told Cryptic REPEATEDLY that you all want an account unlock, zen store option for these iconic T6 ships. They place them in the store for LESS than the expected price...in some cases WAY less and you all complain about the price now?!? You all know what this tells Cryptic? They they should NOT do this and just place EVERYTHING in gamble boxes like they have been doing and make more money. And everything somebody claims slippery slope doesn't exist, all I now have to do is point them to this forum. Jeez people.

    You really can't see the problem people have with this kind of policy? They want them sold separately, not as part of a bundle with a huge pile of junk added to inflate the price. And I don't know how you would know what price people expected. I expected to have to pay less if I already owned the lockbox/promo and c-store versions, or at least be able to buy the new Picard T'liss separately if I did. But that isn't happening.

    And yes, maybe they should stick with lockbox/promo ships. At least that way, anybody who wants a ship can get it from the exchange instead of having to buy an overpriced bundle with lots of stuff they neither need nor want.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 9,567 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    szim wrote: »
    And yes, maybe they should stick with lockbox/promo ships. At least that way, anybody who wants a ship can get it from the exchange instead of having to buy an overpriced bundle with lots of stuff they neither need nor want.

    Exchange prices on promo ships are $160-200 worth of keys/packs, for a single-character ship without the extra skins, consoles, or account-wide trait unlock.

    I'd much rather pay $60 myself, but we're all entitled to our preferences.

  • redwren89redwren89 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    > @szim said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > You really can't see the problem people have with this kind of policy? They want them sold separately, not as part of a bundle with a huge pile of junk added to inflate the price. And I don't know how you would know what price people expected. I expected to have to pay less if I already owned the lockbox/promo and c-store versions, or at least be able to buy the new Picard T'liss separately if I did. But that isn't happening.
    >
    > And yes, maybe they should stick with lockbox/promo ships. At least that way, anybody who wants a ship can get it from the exchange instead of having to buy an overpriced bundle with lots of stuff they neither need nor want.

    Well of course that bundle of junk is another player's treasure. But I see your point, the junk can be easily acquired and for some reason it's worth 6k zen before discount. Cryptic knows that ships are worth 3k zen, or slightly more than that for legendaries. I still am yet to grasp what the hell they're thinking. This has got Mudd written all over it! You want it badly enough? Pay 300-400% for it.

    There will be complaints for gamble boxes also. This leaves just one option. Sell the ships and bundles at the right god damn price so that we can at least appreciate their value.

    And don't forget to revamp the mainstay of the romulan fleet, the (Legendary) D'deridex. Again, what were they thinking?
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,464 Arc User
    redwren89 wrote: »
    > @szim said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > You really can't see the problem people have with this kind of policy? They want them sold separately, not as part of a bundle with a huge pile of junk added to inflate the price. And I don't know how you would know what price people expected. I expected to have to pay less if I already owned the lockbox/promo and c-store versions, or at least be able to buy the new Picard T'liss separately if I did. But that isn't happening.
    >
    > And yes, maybe they should stick with lockbox/promo ships. At least that way, anybody who wants a ship can get it from the exchange instead of having to buy an overpriced bundle with lots of stuff they neither need nor want.

    Well of course that bundle of junk is another player's treasure. But I see your point, the junk can be easily acquired and for some reason it's worth 6k zen before discount. Cryptic knows that ships are worth 3k zen, or slightly more than that for legendaries. I still am yet to grasp what the hell they're thinking.

    There will be complaints for gamble boxes also. This leaves just one option. Sell the ships and bundles at the right god damn price so that we can at least appreciate their value.

    And don't forget to revamp the mainstay of the romulan fleet, the (Legendary) D'deridex. Again, what were they thinking?

    I know I am not the only one who prefers C-Store purchases over lock boxes. My tone might change if lock box ships were account wide, but they aren't, so anything I want being in the C-Store, even at $60 a ship with some very nice skins and a whole bunch of meh stuff with it. I'd rather give them the straight $60 versus the 1.5 billion EC that some of these promo ships go for.
  • redwren89redwren89 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    > @aspartan1 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > The primary reason there is so much negativity is because of the words:
    >
    > Exclusive
    > Legendary
    >
    > Not considering the technical dimensions and flaws but just those words alone are giving the pack a highly negative spin. Now if it had a unique BO or some box skill for Rommie toons only and if the ship were better than the Temporal version those words would have valid meaning but they dont to most people that really understand the dynamics of what people are being asked to buy.
    >
    > For example, case in point $1m EC? That is a joke and has been since the F2P conversion! Maybe 100m or 1B would would be far more legendary to people. Just sayin'...
    >
    > With that said I will be getting it because it is Rommie and I will support all things Rommie but it is a bitter pill so to speak.

    This box is an afront to all things romulan. It singlehandedly shuns the most beloved ships of the romulan fleet across multiple generations! This is all us fans get to play with, another TRIBBLE T'Liss.

    Ofcourse buy it, you're like the third person to decide to but you'd be a hypocrit to buy this bundle given you support all things Romulan.
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,702 Arc User
    jcsww wrote: »
    12,000 zen for a single ship? Are they out of their damn minds?

    yes.

    It is currently on sale for half off or 6,000 ZEN. It is a Legendary ship, at least by class. It comes with a bunch of extra stuff as well. Whether or not it is worth the price, is solely up to you.

    In these times though, we need to support the companies we want to see survive, because business has suffered globally. Maybe 6,000 ZEN seems like a lot, but if you enjoy this game and appreciate the work the Cryptic/PWE teams are doing to keep this gaming running as best they can from home. Then all of a sudden, at least in my opinion. 6,000 ZEN doesn't sound all that bad.

    In these times though, we need to support the companies we want to see survive I cannot disagree more. You sound like that Cryptic's Jeremy saying if us customers want future Legend ships to show support we should buy this or else ... If the business doesn't cater to it's customers then the business deserves to fail. Cryptic doesn't give 2-cents about us as individuals unless we buy so I'll do the same & won't buy unless it's a value I think is worth my money. That being said, I'm sure there's enough collector-addicts & Romulan starved that this ship with trinkets will sell well.

  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,702 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Okay...seriously people...you all have told Cryptic REPEATEDLY that you all want an account unlock, zen store option for these iconic T6 ships. They place them in the store for LESS than the expected price...in some cases WAY less and you all complain about the price now?!? You all know what this tells Cryptic? They they should NOT do this and just place EVERYTHING in gamble boxes like they have been doing and make more money. And everything somebody claims slippery slope doesn't exist, all I now have to do is point them to this forum. Jeez people.

    Don't imply whatever your price expectations are upon everyone else & expect a lot of agreement minus your echo chamber. This Romulan Legendary ship is a far less proportionate value compared to the Fed Legendary Bundle, but having a Rom Legend ship might be enough for others to buy so hope they're happy since no money out of my wallet. Your, "You all know what this tells Cryptic?" I'd say yeah if enough people buy this Rom Legend ship then I'd say that tells Cryptic no more ship bundles & only sell Star Citizen priced ships a la carte now on & that statement is just as valid as yours.
  • jagdtier44jagdtier44 Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    Blah.. what a let down, no console unique to the ship, pretty much all the items it comes with are just gonna be trash unless your brand new. the tech upgrades are TRIBBLE and just 5 of them.. 1 mil EC.. oh booooy a single key would be worth 6 times that..

    I saw rumors one of the BOs would be a superior infil + SRO which is nice if you didn't get the delta mega pack.. but ugh.. I know I'm going to buy this because it's a T'liss.. and I know that's what Cryptic is banking on and it pisses me off. This pack should not be $60 for what it has..
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 4,944 Arc User
    [Don't imply whatever your price expectations are upon everyone else & expect a lot of agreement minus your echo chamber.

    I agree with this.

    This Romulan Legendary ship is a far less proportionate value compared to the Fed Legendary Bundle,


    This logic is flawed, because you have no way to actually "figure" the price of the Fed bundle ships. You cannot simply say $200 / 10 ships = $20 each because Cryptic would literally never sell those ships individually for $20 each. The Fed bundle only appears to be such a good deal because they are only selling it as a bundle.

    IF they ever sell those ships individually, it will be for far more than $20 each, guaranteed. For this reason, you do not (yet) have any way to reasonably compare the price of the Legendary BOP to what each ship in the Fed bundle would hypothetically sell for.

    The-Grand-Nagus
    Join Date: Sep 2008

    og9Zoh0.jpg
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,462 Arc User
    We've seen this as standard practice lately by them filling out Bundles with other stuff. For example, after they had been releasing two ship Bundles (Federation, KDF) for 4,000 Zen, they released the Cross Faction T6 Command Dreadnought Crusier Bundle for 5,000 Zen by adding in an FSM and five Keys.

    Many of the Mudd Bundles add in an Ultimate Tech Upgrade to a Console or some such nonsense to help 'justify' even the heavily DISCOUNTED Zen price.

    The 19,500 (1,950 per Ship) cost for the Federation Legendary Bundle neglects to factor in the 10 Ship Slots included.

    A true Level 65 Boost would fill out some of the Reputations, Specializations, Commendations, and Crafting Schools similar to the Jem'Hadar Characters.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,882 Arc User
    Doesn't do anything for me the T'Liss I'd say the D'Deridex is far more iconic and worthy of a legendary release than the T'Liss.

    A younger whippersnapper!

    I'd say D'Deridex is next, followed by the Scimitar and the Valadore.
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,882 Arc User
    "For less ancient Trek fans the Picard skin would also be a lock box or promo ship without this.

    *face palm*

    DgzGcGb.jpg
    Us TOS fans don't all have brittle hips, eat dinner at 3 pm, and use an aluminum walker to go watch Wheel of Fortune, you know. :/




    I guess they never heard of the power of syndication! :blush:
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,882 Arc User
    redwren89 wrote: »

    And don't forget to revamp the mainstay of the romulan fleet, the (Legendary) D'deridex. Again, what were they thinking?

    D'deridex was growing long in the tooth by the end of DS9. Which is why the Romulans switched to the Valadore class ships during the TNG movies.

    Don't worry though, that ship's coming.
  • reyan01reyan01 Member Posts: 15,375 Arc User
    nimbull wrote: »
    I'd be more tempted to buy the bundle if it turned that big red ball plasma torpedo back in to plasma damage instead of kenetic damage. That said, it would be paying money to undo the nerf they did a while ago which I doubt will happen. Still it'd tempt me more.

    Yeah, that was pretty disappointing - the 'Red Ball of Doom'.... really isn't anymore. That isn't to say it's useless; it can still hit pretty hard, the two-piece set bonus is good, and it is an extra weapon in itself.
    But it was so much fun watching the devestation this weapon could cause, in its previous form, when it scored a Crit.
  • keepcalmchiveonkeepcalmchiveon Member Posts: 3,550 Arc User
    for some its a good deal, others not. at 50% off, a better deal, but not everyone agrees.
    i am still one for individual sales of bundled ships. seems several people have voiced that option as well. (even though this is about the rom bundle)

    that said. when compared to EC value of other ships on the market and that this is acct wide. i can see the value for it. if i was rom focused as a whole, id likely bend a bit and get it. but i play rom as a side gig and not main, as many others do.
    meh

Sign In or Register to comment.