test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

10th Anniversary Legendary Starships - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    I don't think anyone has mentioned this yet, but they finally added a description to the new Defiant trait.

NEW: Over-Powered and Over-Gunned (Account-Unlocked Starship Trait)
    Activating Fire at Will, Beam Overload, Cannon Rapid Fire, or Cannon
    Scatter Volley improves weapon haste dramatically for a short time. The duration increases
    with global Critical Strike Chance, up to double duration at 50% global Critical Strike Chance.

It is speculation without the numbers behind it, but this seems like potentially a must have trait for every crit heavy build.

Another nice trait, glad Cryptic finally added it's description.
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    I'm loving the Miracle Worker Light Cruiser! Personally, I'm not a fan of carriers or carrier mechanics on Federation ships, so I prefer the Miracle Worker Light Cruiser over the DSC Constitution in either form. Looks like I'll be dry docking my old Temporal Light Cruiser as Miracle Worker is a MUCH better specialization for this type of ship. TBH, I thought I was excited about the Miracle Worker Sovereign and Defiant, but the hype train is now fully on board the MW Connie. Man, I can't wait!
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Yep. If I get there a few minutes early he just stands there in his Vulcan stoic demeanor. Thanks for the suggestion.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    razartrek1razartrek1 Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    Can someone put me out of my misery. The ships not going to be buyable one by one are they? All or nothing?
    "My life spans millennia. Legions have risen to test me… My ascendance is inevitable. A day, a year, a millennium—it matters not. I hold the patience of stone and the will of stars. Your striving is insignificant. Let your death be the same."
  • Options
    khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    > @razartrek1 said:
    > Can someone put me out of my misery. The ships not going to be buyable one by one are they? All or nothing?

As far as we know they aren’t going to be sold separately
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • Options
    razartrek1razartrek1 Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    khan5000 wrote: »
    > @razartrek1 said:
    > Can someone put me out of my misery. The ships not going to be buyable one by one are they? All or nothing?

Hmm :( I really wanted that Disco Connie 1b ec just too much on exchange

"My life spans millennia. Legions have risen to test me… My ascendance is inevitable. A day, a year, a millennium—it matters not. I hold the patience of stone and the will of stars. Your striving is insignificant. Let your death be the same."
  • Options
    razartrek1 wrote: »
    Can someone put me out of my misery. The ships not going to be buyable one by one are they? All or nothing?

thought I heard also that the bundle was going to be available for a limited time, could be wrong though
    qaAuoh7.gif
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    razartrek1 wrote: »
    khan5000 wrote: »
    > @razartrek1 said:

Hmm :( I really wanted that Disco Connie 1b ec just too much on exchange

Well, now you can get an account-unlocked version, 2 other account-unlocked connies, and 7 other hero ships for around the same price.

But yes, $200 is a lot to spend on the game all at once instead of spread out over a year like with WoW or Final Fantasy.
  • Options
    kwyjenkwyjen Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    Any clue if any of the ships in this bundle will be available to buy from zen store on a ship by ship basis?
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,321 Community Moderator
    > @kwyjen said:
    > Any clue if any of the ships in this bundle will be available to buy from zen store on a ship by ship basis?

🙄
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    > @baddmoonrizin said:
    > > @kwyjen said:
    > > Any clue if any of the ships in this bundle will be available to buy from zen store on a ship by ship basis?
    >
    > 🙄

😆😆😆

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,215 Arc User
    > @kwyjen said:
    > Any clue if any of the ships in this bundle will be available to buy from zen store on a ship by ship basis?

Its been said before that there currently do not appear to be any plans on selling the ships individually. It's not a definite no, but don't expect to wake up a month from now and buy the T6 connies
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    What they are trying to say is, no now and not for the foreseable future. In fact, the Bundle itself may be around only for a limited time now, sale or not. But it is likely that the Bundle would return before any possibility of individual Ship sales.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    This is how I know that people don't read threads. 😒
    GrWzQke.png
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    kwyjen wrote: »
    Any clue if any of the ships in this bundle will be available to buy from zen store on a ship by ship basis?

I really wish Kael would add the answer to this question to the blog, it's a frequent question that wouldn't come up as much if the answer was clearly given instead of buried in an obscure Twitch stream.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    The answers was literally 4 posts above the question. 😒
    GrWzQke.png
  • Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,215 Arc User
    The answers was literally 4 posts above the question. 😒

To be fair, you can post a response to The OP without reading the most recent page so I can see how they might've not seen the response.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    curmecurme Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    Oh course they are going to sell them separately in the future. That is why they say "may". They can't flat out lie. A year from now when they are trying to decide how to make more money, they will start popping up in Mudd's Market. What are they going to do, not make more money off of them?
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    curme wrote: »
    Oh course they are going to sell them separately in the future. That is why they say "may". They can't flat out lie. A year from now when they are trying to decide how to make more money, they will start popping up in Mudd's Market. What are they going to do, not make more money off of them?

That was my thinking too. Like the Vizier and the Miradorn raider individual ships are probably gonna be sold via Mudd's market a year from now, and likely only as part of some bundle in combination with useless junk nobody needs or wants. That's where we are headed.
  • Options
    psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,646 Arc User
    Awaiting, after ten years, for the Mother of all Star Trek starships to hit the C-Store has been an interesting experience. :wink: As an Account-wide unlock for end game? And, well, it finally is happening. It is worthy of an anniversary celebration.

I, however randomly it was, managed to previously loot the [Special Requisition Pack - 23rd Century Tier 6 Ship]. As pleased as I was when it happened, I knew it was one copy of the classic starship for only one character. As an Altoholic it's been a gamer's struggle. That said, variants on the modern specialization and trait mechanics, do establish that we really haven't had these starships available to the player-base before.

When I think it through this makes perfect sense to me. I find it all very entertaining.

While, IMO, the player-base does win with this bundle, it's the Art Team who I have to congratulate. Their skillfully designed virtual starship costumes can now be appreciated much more broadly. And it's about darned time.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    The last two Connie's are a very welcome addition! I do hope we start seeing some other faction ships available in the future. The KDF D7, a Romulan D7 (because it is long overdue), VoQuv, Universe, Vesta, and many more, including more Mirror Universe ships!
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    jcsww wrote: »
    The last two Connie's are a very welcome addition!

On that note, let's talk bridges. :D No, seriously, I know the existing T6 Connie has a unique TOS bridge (allegedly with extra Captain's quarters deck). Will both new Connies have those too?

And what about the Crossfield? And will Warship Voyager have the fancy Intrepid interior? And if not by default, will you be able to install the own you already own on it?

Yes, questions. :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    As the Galaxy, Constitution, and Intrepid Premium Bridge Packs are seperately sold items, and they haven't mentioned anything about it, I would say no to them.

The Temporal Constitution's unique Bridge layout would be availible.

The Crossfield uses the Walker Bridge so that but nothing new.

I would think it unlikely that they would NOT allow the use of the Premium Bridge Packs if you own them.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 1,054 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    jcsww wrote: »
    The last two Connie's are a very welcome addition!

On that note, let's talk bridges. :D No, seriously, I know the existing T6 Connie has a unique TOS bridge (allegedly with extra Captain's quarters deck). Will both new Connies have those too?

And what about the Crossfield? And will Warship Voyager have the fancy Intrepid interior? And if not by default, will you be able to install the own you already own on it?

Yes, questions. :)

Just bridges? I still want trophy rooms and other ship areas as well as all the off the wall little things STO promised when first launched especially for Roms and Doms. Just sayin'...
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
    Obscurea Chaotica Fleet (KDF), Commander
    ingame: @.Spartan
    Romulan_Republic_logo.png
    Former Alpha & Beta Tester
    Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan (member #124)
    The Glorious, Kirk’s Protegè
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    I am a little curious about bridges being included as well, but the only applicable one that I don't already own is the Belfast (Defiant) bridge.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    As the Galaxy, Constitution, and Intrepid Premium Bridge Packs are seperately sold items, and they haven't mentioned anything about it, I would say no to them.

The Temporal Constitution's unique Bridge layout would be availible.

The Crossfield uses the Walker Bridge so that but nothing new.

I would think it unlikely that they would NOT allow the use of the Premium Bridge Packs if you own them.

Okay, thx. :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    Are these ships fed-aligned account unlocks or single character?
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    edited February 2020

Account unlocks, and the new traits go to ALL factions once you reach mastery 6 on the ship. (Ships are still Fed/-aligned only.) Only the 10 ship slots and the +$100 bonus pack stuff (keys, packs, lobi) is single-character.

• Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User

Account unlocks, and the new traits go to ALL factions once you reach mastery 6 on the ship. (Ships are still Fed/-aligned only.) Only the 10 ship slots and the +$100 bonus pack stuff (keys, packs, lobi) is single-character.

Just making sure, I *assumed* it would be that way. It's just considering a lot of these boats are variations of previous lockbox and even promo ships, I wanted to be sure.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    jkwrangler2010jkwrangler2010 Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    For those that didn't see it, Counteryolo Gaming did a pretty good comparison of the ships in the pack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeAAdWhQdcU&amp;t=3138s
This discussion has been closed.