test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Pain points, what would you like to see gone?

poddlipoddli Member Posts: 173 Arc User
Until today, I would have said reclaiming ships for admiralty cards. I said a jubilant rude word when I read the patch notes. :)

It got me thinking about what else could be eased. Obviously not upgrading. Multiple clicking for rep projects, that was dealt with. Account wide ship mastery perhaps? The promo ship pack seems to be stepping that way.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    I want a way to make all of my energy weapons look the same when they fire, whether that means making additional options available for certain weapon types and removing restrictions regarding omni beams, or some form of weapon customization option.

I'd also like the tmp era phaser arrays to get new, screen accurate sound effects instead of the generic scifi sounds they have now.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    Unboxing of Doffs for Fleet Project donations. If they sell them boxed, take them boxed.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    indysharkindyshark Member Posts: 1,543 Arc User
    Here are my thoughts:

1. Improved map transitions so they are faster.
    2. Reduce screens to get to locations (i.e. if you approach a location, go directly inside not appear next to the starbase and then click again to get inside.
    3. Allow boxed Doffs and colonist to be shared via the bank to you alts.
    4. Increase the number of Doffs you can exchange at one time (for instance 5 greens at once, not one at a time)
    5. Add an feature to auto loot so you can decide what you want to open. For instance, only open loot boxed blue or above. Never open batteries.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    Recently, many places you click to travel to in Sector Space doesn't even take you to that Enter Button. You have to move forward a bit more after stopping to trigger that Button's appearance.

Nakura is a real PITA to travel to in Sector Space.

So in summation, fix Sector Space travel.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    I second the idea to normalize weapon visuals. I hate, hate, HATE, having to shoot out rainbows because I have a few mixed sets of weapons, even though they are all the same damage type. It looks awful, but if I don't do it, I'm stuck with one set, maybe, and possibly forced to use nothing but reputation weapons to get them all looking the same. That's no good either. Of course, some things actually look really good mixed, but that is where giving me options come in.

Another nice thing would be to auto-discard/salvage loot. Do I want white drops? Yes, but I'm only going to sell or salvage them. If I run out of room, then I have to start manually deleting every individual thing so I can continue looting in a mission.
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,338 Community Moderator
    edited February 2020
    Unified, cross-Faction color palette for ALL costume pieces.

Elimination of Uniform/Off-Duty categories that restrict BOFFs from wearing certain costume pieces.

Elimination of costume restrictions for BOFFs.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    I think JH ships shouldnt have a 6th mastery tier just to make avaliable to your other toons but be like rest ships. JH Temporal Vanguard Warship for example has the "traditional" system with 5 mastery levels and is good
  • Options
    lnbladelnblade Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    I want a way to make all of my energy weapons look the same when they fire, whether that means making additional options available for certain weapon types and removing restrictions regarding omni beams, or some form of weapon customization option.
    This please. I don't care if the procs are different, I just want all of the beams I'm using on my ships to look and sound the same.
  • Options
    vongravenvongraven Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    1. Accountwide unlocks for phoenix, lockbox and promo ships. That's a real pain in the... back to get them on all the toons I want. And no, buying those ships from the c-store again is not an option for me because I think it's unfair to pay full prices on stuff I already own. But I'd be up for an extra project or + 6th lv of ship mastery just like the jem ships have.

2. Better exchange interface. If you have to post like 20 same items it's a pain to select 1 and post all the time. Instead it would be cool to have an option to choose how many items in how many stacks you wanna post.
  • Options
    vongravenvongraven Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    Ah yeah, and 3 - please please please replace the crafts materials rewards in the endeavors or admiralty with something more useful. I constantly end up with much more than I ever can use. The market is overflooded with those and thats why they hardly have any value.
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,513 Arc User
    A way to mark doffs as protected (like for instance the special R&D doffs), as well as a way to mark some doffs for transfer (for fleet projects) so they can be easily sorted out and sent without having to write lists outside of the game.
  • Options
    jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User

Elimination of Uniform/Off-Duty categories that restrict BOFFs from wearing certain costume pieces.

Uber quoted, and I'll add one:
    - elimination of costume restrictions for player characters, too​​
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • Options
    indysharkindyshark Member Posts: 1,543 Arc User
    At one point they were going to add a slot to your character for space suits. That would free up some space and make it much easier to use. I'd love to see this done!
  • Options
    sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    edited February 2020

+1

the armor special tab (kobali etc) should be merged with the uniform category.
    Ah yeah, and 3 - please please please replace the crafts materials rewards in the endeavors or admiralty with something more useful. I constantly end up with much more than I ever can use. The market is overflooded with those and thats why they hardly have any value.

indeed, all the r&d stuff are a pain in the ... , we get them with the admiralty, endeavour, tfos. Most of them are totally useless. I would prefer even 100 or 500 ec, than 1 of these boxes.
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,665 Arc User
    All costumes from lobbi having a preview, the recent Borg costume does not seem to have one. o.o

Apart from that, it's all good. :)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    wideningxgyrewideningxgyre Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    A way to mark doffs as protected (like for instance the special R&D doffs), as well as a way to mark some doffs for transfer (for fleet projects) so they can be easily sorted out and sent without having to write lists outside of the game.

If it's a real problem, the poorman's solution to this problem is to put the doff on active duty (ground or space), then remove it and place back on the roster, and it will lock to character.
  • Options
    rankavik#9039 rankavik Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    1. Remove minigames from mining, colony provisions and omega particles please.
    For mining we can have FPS view of laser and move it to shiniest crystal, making game more immersive. For omega particles i would rather fly around and collect them with my ship or like loot drop than having medical issues with my wrist or fingers. Even now my fingers hurt during typing because of chasing particles. Only way to get them all and do it constantly is by using script and that is what i dont want even close. Right now players are punished and bots are rewarded.
    2. add open all in doff boxes. Opening one by one 154 boxes per project is painful.
    3. make space and ground abilities more passive and less clicky if possible, sometimes i feel i am playing click simulator.
  • Options
    3. make space and ground abilities more passive and less clicky if possible, sometimes i feel i am playing click simulator.

This is an MMO, and most abilities in MMOs are active. If you don't like clicking with the mouse you can setup keybinds and control everything that way (this is generally better for performance anyway).
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    stolokstolok Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    I can support removing some of the stupid mini-games. If I want to play a platform game or some other button-twiddler there are plenty available. MMOS don't strike me as the place to have that type of gaming.

But I also think some of the eternal bugs ought to be fixed. Instead, they are accumulating.

It was bad enough when trans-warp stopped working for certain destinations, and never got fixed. Some people apparently prefer to keep a selection of missions open and use the auto-trans-warp from those because there is no cool down. But it still seems stupid to have clickable destinations in the list that do nothing.

Doff missions got broken somehow or other a long time ago and did not display properly. They worked some kludge where the game refreshes every time you open the menu to look for them. This means you have to wait for it 10-15 seconds every time you want to check what missions are available. I guess they have forgotten it was a kludge and it's not even on the list of things that need to be fixed.

And then the loadout system became the random-ship-disassembly system. It's just a routine part of the game now to have to constantly put things back on your ship every time you log into a character, and some days every time you change maps. Have they even tried to fix it in, say, the last few months?

But with all these annoying problems, they are adding things with more (apparently) eternal bugs, like the search box at the top of all inventory interaction boxes. It just appeared a few updates ago, and has no default state, so it's always a confused jumble and you have to find the little arrow in the scrambled display and click it into a usable state every time you open some sort of inventory. Ignoring it is not allowed because it intercepts all of your keystrokes until you take the trouble to click it into the "closed" state.

There are more of these that I could find if I went back and looked. It's just that there are so many of them that it gets blurred into regular UI reflexes and you have to stop and think about why is this stupid thing happening every time I try to use this or that feature.
  • Options
    rankavik#9039 rankavik Member Posts: 9 Arc User

This is an MMO, and most abilities in MMOs are active. If you don't like clicking with the mouse you can setup keybinds and control everything that way (this is generally better for performance anyway).

Actually key binding is make you worse, you dont want to use same things in different moments, it is only easier. On the other hand some things could be something like auto fire. For example buffs could be on auto fire, no need to click them when their cycle expire Most things could be on auto fire that we can choose do we want that turned on or off.

• Options
    Actually key binding is make you worse, you dont want to use same things in different moments, it is only easier. On the other hand some things could be something like auto fire. For example buffs could be on auto fire, no need to click them when their cycle expire Most things could be on auto fire that we can choose do we want that turned on or off.

Key binding keeps your eyes on the action where they belong, so you can see what's going on around you and react accordingly. It takes a little memorization so that you know which ability is on which key or button without looking, but that doesn't take long. I don't have it perfected in STO because I don't play it as much, but in WoW I can hit any ability I need in that particular moment without thinking or looking to see where it is, it's just a fully automated reaction.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,034 Community Moderator
    I'd also like the tmp era phaser arrays to get new, screen accurate sound effects instead of the generic scifi sounds they have now.

Might also have to tweak the visuals too. They fire so fast that it looks like a pulsing beam rather than the bolts.
    45bdb3794957a3c09695cd0f65d57706.jpg
    I don't know if the Pulse Cannons look more accurate than the Pulse Beams. lol
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,784 Arc User
    1) I would like for the Color Section Boxes to be the Color of the Selected Box. If I picked the box for Dark Purple, then I obviously did not want Pale Green.

2) A Color Match Option would be great. You select the colors that you want on one piece and have the option to apply those same colors to the rest of your costume.

3) Account Reclaim for Lockbox Traits and Consoles that are normally tied to a Starship. I can understand them wanting the ships to be Character Unlocks, but the Traits and the Consoles should be Reclaimable on all of your toons if you bought a ship on one.

4) Alien Parts for Liberated Borg Characters. Most Borg were Aliens to begin with. It just makes sense.

5) Remove that stupid Forklift Pose that the toons strike when they stop running.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,034 Community Moderator
    These are not broken, and this is not a bug

The supposedly "broken" transwarp destinations people always complain about are Bajor, Defera, and Drozana. However, if you look at their icons in the trasnwarp menu, you will notice they all share the same transwarp icon, that is different from other transwarp icons. If you hover over said icon it specifically tells you that you need a transwarp coil item to use these transwarp destinations.

These works exactly as they should so long as you have the item they were designed to use when traveling. People are just unwilling to take two seconds to read the tooltip, and just say its broken.

Easy way to fix it is to do two things.
    • Grey out those options unless you have a Transwarp Coil
    • Add a little icon to it to indicate that it requires an item to use.

Also I think the Defera Transwarp is redundant as I believe we get a transwarp to Defera system unlocked via Omega Rep. So why do we need a Defera option that requires a Transwarp Coil as well?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,516 Arc User

These are at the top of my list, except the TMP sounds (but I understand wanting that).

Space Barbie is the real endgame :)
  • Options
    tobiashirttobiashirt Member Posts: 630 Arc User
    The 2 biggest ones for me right now are items being moved off my ship, seemingly at random, and having 2-3 abilities I have bound to a single key all activate with a single press rather than 2-3 presses. Though, those are more bugs than pain points.

As for QoL systems things, I'll second changes to the exchange so I can mass-post things (e.g. post 100 items and specify 10 groups of 10, rather than having to separate out and post 10 things.
  • Options
    papasezpapasez Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    First and foremost, ONE colour palette for all uniform/armour/costume options. The inconsistency is maddening and I've never heard any reason given as to why there's so many disparate colour pallets. Despite creating newer, expanded more vibrant pallets some new items still come out with the old, limited and muddier pallet.

Secondly, there are certain abilities that disappear from the hotbars on a routine basis. Mostly it's the starship emotes which now longer appear in the list of 'Powers'.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,367 Arc User
    SOOO much this one especially. I rather like the design of the Romulan Republic uniform - but the horrid pastel greens that are the only permissible colors are so ugly, I refuse to use them.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
This discussion has been closed.