test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Pain points, what would you like to see gone?

Comments

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    You know that the Load Outfit (only) is busted bad. It also brings the Character features and scrambles up the outfit as well.

Transwarp is not the problem, Sector Travel is.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    Fake ability activation and torpedo launchers/weapons that go into cooldown without firing. That's one major annoyance. I don't know how many times I thougth I had activated a healing ability or a resistance buff just to find out that it hadn't really activated, shortly before I blew up.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2020
    poddli wrote: »
    Until today, I would have said reclaiming ships for admiralty cards. I said a jubilant rude word when I read the patch notes. :)

It got me thinking about what else could be eased. Obviously not upgrading. Multiple clicking for rep projects, that was dealt with. Account wide ship mastery perhaps? The promo ship pack seems to be stepping that way.

Account-Wide Starship Mastery would be real nice for sure. :o
    jonsills wrote: »
    Unified, cross-Faction color palette for ALL costume pieces.
    SOOO much this one especially. I rather like the design of the Romulan Republic uniform - but the horrid pastel greens that are the only permissible colors are so ugly, I refuse to use them.

I'd definitely give this a 12 out of 10 and LONG OVERDUE! It be nice to see a slightly expanded to add a few new colors into a fully cross faction color palette.

I agree several of the Romulan color's aren't that great but then again some are indeed very good, still I wish we had a more full complete universal color palette for not just all factions but a lot more outfits as well! <3
    papasez wrote: »
    First and foremost, ONE colour palette for all uniform/armour/costume options. The inconsistency is maddening and I've never heard any reason given as to why there's so many disparate colour pallets. Despite creating newer, expanded more vibrant pallets some new items still come out with the old, limited and muddier pallet.

Secondly, there are certain abilities that disappear from the hotbars on a routine basis. Mostly it's the starship emotes which now longer appear in the list of 'Powers'.

Yea very well said!

@ambassadorkael#6946
    0zxlclk.png
    edited February 2020
    Well, all I know is that about a month ago I could Sector Travel to the Dyson Gateway and it would stop at the Selection Button and as of three weeks ago it does not. I was not talking about systems with multiple Planets, I know that they always took that extra movement. Drozana works fine.

Try traveling to Nakura from K-7, you will inevitably have to turn your ship left so it doesn't flyby. I think the problem there may be that the click point is somewhere out in the Text rather than the System itself.
    Post edited by ltminns on
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Recently, many places you click to travel to in Sector Space doesn't even take you to that Enter Button. You have to move forward a bit more after stopping to trigger that Button's appearance.

Nakura is a real PITA to travel to in Sector Space.

So in summation, fix Sector Space travel.
    This isn't a bug.

Cryptic has talked about this before, the travel point for every system is the stars, since that is the center point of all those systems, and what the actual system is in the game code.

The planets aren't travel points because the system simply was never coded that way, and since they can't really know what direction you are coming from, and they don't want your ship flying into the suns all the time, they make the destination point like .5LY from the star itself, and then just let you fly to whatever planet in the system you want to go to.

That some planets are close enough to the stars to be within range of the enter system button, while others aren't, is coincidence, not design.
    There are no systems in the game at which a player can pick "whatever planet in the system you want to go to." Bajor/DS9 is the only system with two separate entrypoints. In fact mission instructions will usually only say "go to X system" in the first place, sometimes leaving players to guess which one of the planets they have to approach to make the button show up.

The interact for entering a system should be the star, like it was before the sector revamp.
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    Doffing's never worked right after the walls came down. Not only do you see two lists of missions when you pull up the screen (first one, then several seconds later, a second gets added), but what you see depends on how you entered the sector. This is really bad around DS9. Also Andoria space still doesn't have any doff missions.
    Autopilot's still broken. It doesn't always happen, but occasionally I'll click on a system, and my ship will take off in a straight line. I know that they were looking at it at one point, but it would be nice if this got fixed.
  • ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    I'd love to see the Landing Page gone. Nothing but an annoying block to access my account each time I logon or change character. There is absolutely no justification for it to exist.

At least allow us to disable it
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
    And it's not used to its full potential anyway, like filling in the current empty box with something like 'Don't go to the Dyson Battlezone, it is badly bugged'.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Transwarp coils, yesterday I had a talk about what they're for because someone was trying to use those transwarp destination and didn't know you needed to buy a consumable to use them.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    Transwarp coils, yesterday I had a talk about what they're for because someone was trying to use those transwarp destination and didn't know you needed to buy a consumable to use them.

I was in the same situation, before i read this thread and i play since 2013 :* I just thought it was a bug. I learnt to live without these transwarp destinations, and i'm not going to buy consumables.
  • aeieaeie Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    Mine is rather simple, but significant, especially as a primarily Romulan player.

Bridges.
    Like the exterior items that can be added (shield, impulse, deflector), rep or otherwise, I'd love for Bridges to have this option.
    Assign a ship a bridge from a ship you own (EG you must own the ship to assign the bridge).

In the case of Romulan it would actually give us bridge options which are sorely lacking for the faction, since we cant even assigned our aligned bridges (Fed/Klink) to the Warbirds either.

For everyone else, this would still be a boon and make some ships more "valuable"? Think Suliban Cell ship or Freighter ect. Assigning your Universe bridge to another, any combination being available is a good thing IMO.

Whether its easily added to the code, i got faith in the Devs. :smile:
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Another thing I'd like is the ability to change the character select background, I'm really not a fan of the patch specific backgrounds they're doing now.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
    Remote submission of Commendation Reports.

I mean really, you want me to come there and submit paper reports. ;)
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • ishigami2ishigami2 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    Auto fill option for admiralty.
    It is just busy work... not to mention doff duty get auto fill so why not admiralty?
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,982 Arc User
    The Landing Page :)

Just a little box somewhere in the Options menu to disable it.

Also the color palette in the tailor. A few less restrictions may result in less fashion frustration.
  • flatulencius#6400 flatulencius Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Excessive loading times
    Lack of TOS recruit rerun
    Gravity Kills
    Steelmaxers
    No option to punch Neelix.
    I always go to the Dyson Gateway from New Romulus. I have 'Staging Area' in the In Progress to Transwarp to New Romulus in Sector Space. I also use 'Sphere of Influence', if I have a Harvest Materials (Ground) Endeavor.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    Unified, cross-Faction color palette for ALL costume pieces.

Elimination of Uniform/Off-Duty categories that restrict BOFFs from wearing certain costume pieces.

Elimination of costume restrictions for BOFFs.
    Uber quoted, and I'll add one:
    - elimination of costume restrictions for player characters, too​​

What they said. Toons and boffs can haz good Space Barbie nao? I still dream of a crew that can effectively cosplay G.I. Joe.
    Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    the missfire, currently it happens too often, it becomes ridiculous
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    When doing Doff missions, when you go to replicator, it undoes the doff mission screen. @_@
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • jagdtier44jagdtier44 Member Posts: 376 Arc User
    been a lot of good ideas here one I'd like to see is salvage be transferable or account based. It's just a massive PITA keeping track of who has it and trading items to characters that need salvage or trading the weapon to ones that have it.
    Speaking of Salvage, one of my Endeavors today was Gain Salvage (Hard) and crafted Omnis and Aegis stuff can't be salvaged. Ridiculous.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    I was in the same situation, before i read this thread and i play since 2013 :* I just thought it was a bug. I learnt to live without these transwarp destinations, and i'm not going to buy consumables.
    If only there was some sort of mechanic in video games, that was used throughout the game's various menus, like the inventory menu, the skill bar, the crafting window, the skill/trait/specialization menus, and other parts of the game, that allowed you gain additional information about said item, skill, or power, possibly by hovering over its icon or something.

You could probably make a lot of cash selling something like that to game devs.
    tzLC5pA.jpg
    Even if you read the tooltip it doesn't tell you how to get them, and also most TW destinations don't use them. It's one of those things where people don't normally have a reason to read the tooltip. And also there's no good reason to buy the consumables. It's one thing for a feature to be poorly explained, but another to have it be poorly explained AND useless.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    ishigami2 wrote: »
    Auto fill option for admiralty.
    It is just busy work... not to mention doff duty get auto fill so why not admiralty?

Enough ships give bonuses based on which other ships you choose, or remove penalties that I think this would be really hard. Also, if you try to prioritize turn around time, two T6 ships plus a shuttle return to duty faster than 3 T5 ships, which isn't necessarily obvious.
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    A better display of available ships for Admiralty missions. The current one does a barely adequate job. Which was fine for Alpha Testing/proof of concept. Except we're not in Alpha Test anymore are we, Toto?

Admirals have staffs, correct? So how about some recommendations for ships to send out on missions? My Personnel Officer does this for DOff Assignments. Stands to reason my J3 (Joint Operations Officer) and my Chief of Staff should be able to do the same for Admiralty cards. And Just like DOff Assignments I should be able to override their recommendations.

Implementing this shouldn't be hard for the expert game coding geniuses at Cryptic, amiright? Just more copy/paste from the DOff Assignments code. I'm not asking for a pony for my birthday here. Just something more like what I have available when I do DOff missions. So would you guys please hurry up and figure out to monetize this part of the game and get on with it?

I second (or is that 3rd or 4th?) the Unified Color Pallette as well.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    I'd like some kind of sorting tool for admiralty ships so that I can sort by highest to lowest in tactical, engineering and science so I could more quickly set up my admiralty missions. It isn't absolutely necessary but it would be cool.

I'll echo the call for an expanded unified color palette. Would be nice as well.

Maybe throw in some costume options for materials for individual costume pieces. This would allow us change how reflective/metallic costume pieces appear so it's easier to mix costume parts.

Also, open up all costume pieces for mixing with other pieces on both player characters and boffs. The boff restrictions for costumes need to be eliminated and should be one of the higher priorities IMO since it hinders sales on their end.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    I'd like some kind of sorting tool for admiralty ships so that I can sort by highest to lowest in tactical, engineering and science so I could more quickly set up my admiralty missions. It isn't absolutely necessary but it would be cool.

I'll echo the call for an expanded unified color palette. Would be nice as well.

Maybe throw in some costume options for materials for individual costume pieces. This would allow us change how reflective/metallic costume pieces appear so it's easier to mix costume parts.

Also, open up all costume pieces for mixing with other pieces on both player characters and boffs. The boff restrictions for costumes need to be eliminated and should be one of the higher priorities IMO since it hinders sales on their end.

Pretty much all of this.
    Insert witty signature line here.
This discussion has been closed.