test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

10th Anniversary Legendary Starships - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Hmm ... seems someone went through and deleted every post in this thread that specifically named ships that were leaked in the shipyard, even though they were in-game for everyone to see if they bothered to look. I get not discussing things you find elsewhere that were potentially obtained through questionable means, but if the devs show it in-game that should be fair game imo cause the cats already out of the bag at that point.

Anyway, just thought I should let everyone know to avoid mentioning any unannounced ships you may see in-game.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    akulaeasternakulaeastern Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    I'm still waiting for the Norway from First Contact and Springfield, Challenger, Niagara, and the Freedom from Wolf 359. Those are really the ships that I have been wanting for 10 years now not some junk designed by Cryptic. Maybe the Shelley too. Heck Eaglemoss even sold models of all of these!
  • Options
    tidetogo1tidetogo1 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    flash525 wrote: »
    Honestly, considering there's still an ongoing topic for it, I'll be amazed (truly) if one of these ship packs isn't for the Nova Class, and I bet another one is going to be for the Excelsior Fleet.

The Nebula and Intrepid designs seem like strong candidates too, however I'm not too sure Cryptic would invest too heavily in science vessels as they're used few and far between. I'd wager we'll see a D7 in the mix somewhere, as it's an iconic ship - more so than the B'rel. I'm not seeing a Sovereign though, just not feeling that one.

We've got six left, right?
    • Klingon Battlecruiser (something resembling the D7 and K't'inga
    • Nova Class (c'mon, it's one of the highest in-demand ships that hasn't got that T6 treatment)
    • Intrepid Class (or) something to commend the Vesta design
    • Excelsior Class
    • The Vaunted D'Deridex; you can't have an iconic ship pack without a Romulan Warbird
    • Something to commend the Vor'cha; unless I'm mistaken, this didn't get the T6 treatment either

It's a shame the JJ Connie couldn't be configured to mix and mash between the TOS/TMP/DSC era versions of the ship too. THAT would have been something worth a sound investment.

That would require them to acknowledge the existence of other factions in the game aside from feds.
  • Options
    cryptkeeper0cryptkeeper0 Member Posts: 989 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    You know, if this sells well I wonder if they would consider doing another Legendary bundle like this in the future, maybe a Legendary Villains bundle? Could have something like:

Pilot B'rel
    Intel Scimitar
    Full Command spec Bortasqu' (only because the Odyssey and Scimitar would already be done)
    Intel Miranda
    Command Vengeance
    Pilot Jem'Hadar Attack Ship
    Narada (variant of the Romulan adapted ships)
    Miracle Worker D7
    Intel T'liss

Would need one more C-Store ship, but I can't think of any atm that would fit. I've also included 1 more Promo ship than the current Legendary bundle has, but this pack would be harder to sell with the Romulan and Klingon focus it would have so I think it's warranted.

Xindi weapon?

Honestly though I see a movie legends ship pack too
    Intel B'rel
    Pilot excelsior
    Miracle worker vengeance
    Intel scimitar <- could get enhanced cloak ( hope it gets a trait that allows firing while cloaked Maybe on the activation and duration of attack pattern___ and/or surgical strikes, cloaked barrage just doesn't do it justice too long cool-down)
    Miracle worker Miranda (maybe)
    Command D7
    Temporal Naranda (fire everything trait -> fire at will applies to all weapons)
    Pilot Franklin
    Command Valdore
    Temporal Oberth
    Post edited by cryptkeeper0 on
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,197 Arc User
    They would probably make the Oberth temporal like the other TOS and TOS-styled ships, however I think intel could possibly work for it.
  • Options
    You know, if this sells well I wonder if they would consider doing another Legendary bundle like this in the future, maybe a Legendary Villains bundle? Could have something like:

Pilot B'rel
    Intel Scimitar
    Full Command spec Bortasqu' (only because the Odyssey and Scimitar would already be done)
    Intel Miranda
    Command Vengeance
    Miracle Worker D7
    Intel T'liss

Would need one more C-Store ship, but I can't think of any atm that would fit. I've also included 1 more Promo ship than the current Legendary bundle has, but this pack would be harder to sell with the Romulan and Klingon focus it would have so I think it's warranted.

Xindi weapon?

Intel B'rel
    Pilot excelsior
    Miracle worker vengeance
    Intel scimitar <- could get enhanced cloak ( hope it gets a trait that allows firing while cloaked Maybe on the activation and duration of attack pattern___ and/or surgical strikes)
    Command D7
    Temporal Naranda
    Pilot Franklin
    Command Valdore
    Temporal Oberth

No matter what the theme is, if they do another Legendary bundle at some point I would expect the number of Federation ships to be limited since this bundle is probably Fed only. That's part of the reason I only included two in my proposal (though my villain theme wouldn't leave much room for more than that, lol). One or two Fed ships should probably be included to help push sales (Fed ships sell better), but the majority of the ships should be Romulan or Klingon, along with one or two Dominion ships.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    cryptkeeper0cryptkeeper0 Member Posts: 989 Arc User

Pilot B'rel
    Intel Scimitar
    Intel Miranda
    Command Vengeance
    Miracle Worker D7
    Intel T'liss

Xindi weapon?

Intel B'rel
    Pilot excelsior
    Miracle worker vengeance
    Intel scimitar <- could get enhanced cloak ( hope it gets a trait that allows firing while cloaked Maybe on the activation and duration of attack pattern___ and/or surgical strikes)
    Command D7
    Temporal Naranda
    Pilot Franklin
    Command Valdore
    Temporal Oberth

No matter what the theme is, if they do another Legendary bundle at some point I would expect the number of Federation ships to be limited since this bundle is probably Fed only. That's part of the reason I only included two in my proposal (though my villain theme wouldn't leave much room for more than that, lol). One or two Fed ships should probably be included to help push sales (Fed ships sell better), but the majority of the ships should be Romulan or Klingon, along with one or two Dominion ships.

I think a Intel scimitar would sell loads even if the pack had no fed ships, and Intel isn't meta. Vanguard versions of the lockbox dominion ships would also sell well.

• Options
    tribbulatertribbulater Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    Apologies if I missed this earlier in the thread:

Has there been any info on whether the 10 Ship Slots (Once per account) is going to be a single character item? As in, redeem this and Character X gets 10 more ship slots? Or is it like 10 single slots unlockable on any char, or 5 packs of 2 slots?

It would seem kinda crazy to unlock 10 slots on one character and none on the others. Personally if I wanted to make the package attractive I would have gone for 3 extra ship slots as an account unlock.

Anyone have information or a dev comment on this?
  • Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User

Has there been any info on whether the 10 Ship Slots (Once per account) is going to be a single character item? As in, redeem this and Character X gets 10 more ship slots? Or is it like 10 single slots unlockable on any char, or 5 packs of 2 slots?

It would seem kinda crazy to unlock 10 slots on one character and none on the others. Personally if I wanted to make the package attractive I would have gone for 3 extra ship slots as an account unlock.

I would imagine that it'll be more a claim item thing, where you buy the ship package, and then claim specific ships if/when you want them. It would seem a bit daft not to provide extra ship slots (especially when you consider the price attached) but I wouldn't be surprised if it required an additional purchase; this is Cryptic, and such an extortionate pack somewhat smells of desperation - I'd say they're running out of fresh ideas, but with an aged game like this, there's only realistically so much that they can do to freshen things up.

attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User

I think they had it posted as once per account - once means logically only one of your chars can claim it once and its gone like the current non account-wide elite services packs around

ever since they changed the old elite services pack that gave account wide slots they started to release everything new as once per account
  • Options
    tribbulatertribbulater Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    Thanks for the replies. I understand that it is 10 ship slots, once per account. That's fine. What I wondered was if anyone asked them "Do all 10 ship slots go on the character who claims the pack, or can the 10 ship slots be divided between more than one character?"

Hope that's a little more clear, if not I'm sure it'll come up as soon as the packs start dropping.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,023 Community Moderator
    Its probably gonna be all on whoever claims the slots.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    khalhamariskhalhamaris Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Considering every ship announced so far shows up at the end of the Anniversary mission, it's a safe bet that those are the 10 that will be in the pack.
  • Options
    ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    I can't afford the whole bundle discounted or not so will have to wait and see what happens in the future with it. Nothing I've seen is a must have so if I can't obtain it I can live with it.
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • Options
    asdfjkadfjkasfasdfjkadfjkasf Member Posts: 345 Media Corps
    The Miranda is the only legendary starship.
  • Options
    oberlordbuddyoberlordbuddy Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    I am a bit confused, in the US forum the bundle seems to be released the 13th and in the German and French forum I can read the release for the bundle will be the 11th... What is the right date now? 🤔
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    Lately, patches have been on Tuesday rather than Thursday - so ... either could make sense.
    Considering how often there are copy & paste or other errors in the english blogs and the wild claims that Germans are thorough and orderly (please don't look at my desk to check), I would slightly bias toward the 11th.

But my guess is probably just as good as yours.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,023 Community Moderator
    Major updates usually took place on Tuesdays because of a certain thing from Star Trek Generations.

Nothing would be installed on the Ent-B until Tuesday.

Thursdays are the normal patch days unless holidays get in the way.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    The Miranda is the only legendary starship.

And the Oberth
  • Options
    oberlordbuddyoberlordbuddy Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    And what do you long time players think for how many days the discount for the bundles will be active, because I'll be on holidays in an other country from the 8th to the 13th and ao I havent got the chance to grab it in this time?
    Post edited by oberlordbuddy on
  • Options
    vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    So I have a question.
    It's in regards to the Kelvinprise.
    As I understand there's gonna be a Kelvinprise with different stats in this pack.
    I think I've heard that this ship is going to have some different ship parts in the ship tailor reflecting some of the changes to the model featured in the Star Trek Beyond movie.

My question is: Will these additional parts be available to customers who currently own just the lock box ship too? Or do we have to buy the new ship pack to have access to these additional parts?

tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• Options
    hargbokhargbok Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    200 bucks and higher are they serious? you can get a lifetime for that and even cheaper right now i cant wait for lootbox legislation to pass there must be ferengis running this now
    Darmok and jalad at tenegra
  • Options
    My question is: Will these additional parts be available to customers who currently own just the lock box ship too? Or do we have to buy the new ship pack to have access to these additional parts?

The bundle says the new ship costumes are exclusive, so you'll probably need to buy it to unlock the parts for the old JJPrise.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    joshmauljoshmaul Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    Is it my imagination or does the news post about the bundles appear to be gone?
    TW1sr57.jpg
    "There's No Way Like Poway!"

Real Join Date: October 2010
  • Options
    joshmaul wrote: »
    Is it my imagination or does the news post about the bundles appear to be gone?

Last time that happened the JJPrise and Odyssey were revealed the following day, so expect two ships to be revealed either today or tomorrow.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    Hmm, okay, so it's just me being paranoid (I never actually saw them taken down outright last time, but then I'm not checking the news every ten minutes, heh). Good to know.

Hoping one of the new ones is a truly legendary vessel - one the infinity promos have stubbornly refused to grant me, lol... if we're getting lockbox-lookalikes, why not?
    TW1sr57.jpg

• Options
    joshmaul wrote: »
    Hmm, okay, so it's just me being paranoid (I never actually saw them taken down outright last time, but then I'm not checking the news every ten minutes, heh). Good to know.

Hoping one of the new ones is a truly legendary vessel - one the infinity promos have stubbornly refused to grant me, lol... if we're getting lockbox-lookalikes, why not?

I have a ... umm ... suspicion that there will be one or two promobox ships included, but I wouldn't expect them to be revealed until the very end.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Are you buying the pack?

Eventually. Maybe. Don't know yet. Depends on if it's still there in the spring when I start working again, heh.
    TW1sr57.jpg

• Options
    zulisvelzulisvel Member Posts: 518 Arc User
This discussion has been closed.