Install Arc
Options

10th Anniversary Legendary Starships - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    centurian821centurian821 Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    ishigami2 wrote: »
    So the Kelvin Intel is a beast as well.
    I guess it will out dmg a Temp Light Cruiser but is a bit more fragile… not that it matter much.

Oddy Dread is just a tad more of the same.

I see a pattern there...

The traits seem kinda meh… to bad that we haven‘ t gotten a trait description for the Defiant and Galaxy.
    I was expecting the JJPrise to be the 1701-A version shown at the end of Beyond, but I guess they are saving that for a future lockbox or something.

But that skin is in the pack:
    999481221ee76189e8f9434e3d4f6ec11580259697.jpg

I want that saucer and those nacelles from Beyond to go on the 2009 version and I'll be a happy captain.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    lianthelia wrote: »
    You're silly if you think Cryptic/CBS/PWE or whoever you want to cite are going to give away their biggest cash cows almost for free.

Of course this isn't the first time people have been delusional before, ironically it also involved the Discovery Connie and people thinking that it would actually be on the C-Store, how well did that go for you?

Why do I feel like that was a backdoor attack?

Also if you haven't noticed... that Kelvin Connie is NOT the same as the one in the lockbox. The Lockbox version is a Command Cruiser, while this one is an Intel BATTLEcruiser. How can you devalue a Command Cruiser if its an Intel BATTLEcruiser? two different ships.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    ishigami2 wrote: »
    But that skin is in the pack:
    999481221ee76189e8f9434e3d4f6ec11580259697.jpg

No, that's how the ship looks at the beginning of the movie the 1701-A at the end is different.

star-trek-enterpriseapng.png

6c0fc60e895be5c984ec6ee75e3f695a.jpg
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    I don't know what it is about the KT Ent-A, but something about it just feels off to me. I think its how chunky she feels?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    lnbladelnblade Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    I don't know what it is about the KT Ent-A, but something about it just feels off to me. I think its how chunky she feels?
    I think it's the front of neck and pylons. On the A, they're coming out at almost right angles relative to the engineering hull. It looks much less sweeping than the previous versions of the ship, and IMO interrupts the flowing lines of the rest of the ship. It's visually jarring.
  • Options
    kosmi7kosmi7 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    I am wondering, will you be able to chose one ship from the bundle like the ones in z-store that cost 3k?
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    kosmi7 wrote: »
    I am wondering, will you be able to chose one ship from the bundle like the ones in z-store that cost 3k?

We've commented and debated that a few times in this thread so far, but the short answer is that at the moment we don't know because they haven't said.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    I would like to buy the kelvin enterprise, but it is impossible that I buy a mega-bundle only for 1 ship.
  • Options
    foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »

The Kelvin Connies are both fugly in my opinion, easily the worst looking Connies. The teardropish shapes of the nacelles and engineering hull don't make sense. The skinny neck and pylons don't help either, and yes the TOS one looks off for that too.
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    kosmi7 wrote: »

no info on that at this time... but I dont think it will be $30 each... they are basically giving you a combined T6 of 3 zen store T6 ships for some of these (that had eng/sci/tac variants), a suped-up fleet version with an all new account unlock ship trait...
  • Options
    Either way, I'm really hoping the DSC keeps it Advanced Phaser Arrays. Unlikely but I remain hopeful.

It should, the Defiant has it's quad cannons. All unique gear from previous versions should be included if it was a part of the ship itself.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    the quad cannons are A: unique and B: part of a set - they can't NOT include them

the advanced phasers, however, are neither unique nor part of a set, so don't expect to see them​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    the quad cannons are A: unique and B: part of a set - they can't NOT include them

the advanced phasers, however, are neither unique nor part of a set, so don't expect to see them​​

the advanced phasers came with the gamblebox ship right? like the spiral disruptors arrays that came with the cardy galor from a gamble box. they made that ship a zen store ship and included the spiral disruptors.

In the fullness of time we will know.
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    Some breaking news: for now bundle ships will not be able to be bought individually. They "may" change their mind in the future, but it's not currently something that's actually planned.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    Here is the link to the comment:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/544728655?t=01h01m12s

Thanks to the folks on reddit for posting.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    Well this anniversary has been a mixed bag of things, I liked the episodes a lot, the queue is fairly good, the borg ship is fairly good and nice to get and many things in the borg box look useful if not OP, plus the anniversary ship is just ok, but seriously, no T5/T5U ship and the bundle feels useless unless you are a hard core Fed player. And even if you are a Fed player its a big cost upfront in my opinion no matter how good the ships may be. I think the "love letter" referred more to the episodes they tried to give us rather than anything else.
  • Options
    They said the bundle will only be available for a limited time, but will be coming back at some point. He was vague about when it would return, but I got the impression it was something he knew the answer to and just couldn't say. I wonder if maybe it'll be available each time there's an anniversary? Or maybe it's availability will be another occasional weekend thing like the various sales they run from time to time?
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    edited January 2020

hmmm picard was 120 retail and 60 during the intro sale...

if it's coming back... probably next year then one can save up now for it... I dont have $200 in zen right now... if they dont have a zen sale/bonus then I will skip and worry about it next time.
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • Options
    the quad cannons are [...] B: part of a set - they can't NOT include them

Being part of a set doesn't factor into this bundle, otherwise the Intel JJPrise would include the Broadside Emitters, Mining Laser, and Proton Charge consoles.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    It's whale-bait. Transparent, borderline predatory whale-bait.

Like... okay, fine, I get why the lockbox/lobi ships can't be sold individually. You can't just go around undermining your biggest cashflow generator like that.

But why in blue blazes can't you release the ships that are already available in the C-Store? Do they actually think no one would be willing to drop full T6 ship price on a Pilot Defiant? Do they not think a bundle comprised half of ships that aren't normally available via C-Store isn't enough of a selling point on its own?

I just can't wrap my head around why they're choosing to do things this way. Why would you put all this work into making such a cool anniversary event just to take a steaming dump all over it with such a terrible, consumer-unfriendly bundle?
  • Options
    steaensteaen Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    Some breaking news: for now bundle ships will not be able to be bought individually. They "may" change their mind in the future, but it's not currently something that's actually planned.

Disappointing, but sadly not surprising.
  • Options
    lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    It's not listed, but is hinted at, but does the Legendary Oddy have that innate advanced slipstream drive thing like the other Oddy's?
  • Options
    lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    > @lordmerc22 said:
    > Well this anniversary has been a mixed bag of things, I liked the episodes a lot, the queue is fairly good, the borg ship is fairly good and nice to get and many things in the borg box look useful if not OP, plus the anniversary ship is just ok, but seriously, no T5/T5U ship and the bundle feels useless unless you are a hard core Fed player. And even if you are a Fed player its a big cost upfront in my opinion no matter how good the ships may be. I think the "love letter" referred more to the episodes they tried to give us rather than anything else.

The new Konnie trait is fun on any factions ship, but otherwise I agree.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    Would you pay $60 list price for the Pilot Defiant bundle by itself? It's not going to be just 3,000 zen since it includes:

- Sao Paulo skin and quad cannons
    - Defiant skin and console
    - Valiant skin, console, and trait

If the pilot ship itself is worth 3,000 without that, it would cost you 9,500 zen before a bundle discount, though you'd also get an extra 3 Admiralty cards.

• Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    jexsamx wrote: »

Like... okay, fine, I get why the lockbox/lobi ships can't be sold individually. You can't just go around undermining your biggest cashflow generator like that.

But why in blue blazes can't you release the ships that are already available in the C-Store? Do they actually think no one would be willing to drop full T6 ship price on a Pilot Defiant? Do they not think a bundle comprised half of ships that aren't normally available via C-Store isn't enough of a selling point on its own?

I just can't wrap my head around why they're choosing to do things this way. Why would you put all this work into making such a cool anniversary event just to take a steaming dump all over it with such a terrible, consumer-unfriendly bundle?

Because they like earning money, and they think there are a lot of people that would be willing to buy the full pack.

They are also putting people up to the test:

"You said you didn't want to buy ships from gamble boxes, because you hate gambling or the hoops you need to go through to avoid gambling yourself. And you said you want the Constitution, in any form, in the C-Store. And you wanted them as account unlocks. Well, here it is. You can have all these ships, not just the Connies, even other hero ships, with stats as if they were lockbox or promo ships. They are all account unlocks. You get all the costumes and consoles and traits. And the prize is roughly the same average price it would cost you get just one of the ships when it was a character-bound lockbox/promo ship.
    If not a significant amount of people bite now, then all these claims we heard - they were either empty words or from a vocal minority and neither can sustain our business, and we'll keep staying on the old system. Now, if this works... It might be something we could pursue further."

So you're free to complain and find it unfair and what not. That is presumably useful feedback. But they are listening to customer feedback and finding a way to give people what they want in a what that made business sense to them.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options

cause if they did the defiant then what about the others... even if you limit to non lock box ships... Oddysey had 3 versions right? Eng, Sci, Tac... that single ship will kill the 3 ship fed bundle. How would you price the ship as well... more than that bundle right cause you dont want to kill the bundle if it's too cheap... then will the other ships be priced similarly? if so why? so different price points for different hero ship? Sovereign has 2 right versions... 1 in Mudd's for a ridiculous amount...

"It's complicated"

Bundle only would save them a lot of headaches.
  • Options
    or choose to not get it ever.

From what Kael said individual purchase isn't off the table in the future, but hasn't been fully decided on and definitely is not happening anytime soon. My personal suspicion is we might be looking at a 1 year bundle exclusive period or something like that.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User

Because they like earning money, and they think there are a lot of people that would be willing to buy the full pack.

They are also putting people up to the test:

"You said you didn't want to buy ships from gamble boxes, because you hate gambling or the hoops you need to go through to avoid gambling yourself. And you said you want the Constitution, in any form, in the C-Store. And you wanted them as account unlocks. Well, here it is. You can have all these ships, not just the Connies, even other hero ships, with stats as if they were lockbox or promo ships. They are all account unlocks. You get all the costumes and consoles and traits. And the prize is roughly the same average price it would cost you get just one of the ships when it was a character-bound lockbox/promo ship.
    If not a significant amount of people bite now, then all these claims we heard - they were either empty words or from a vocal minority and neither can sustain our business, and we'll keep staying on the old system. Now, if this works... It might be something we could pursue further."

So you're free to complain and find it unfair and what not. That is presumably useful feedback. But they are listening to customer feedback and finding a way to give people what they want in a what that made business sense to them.

Thats not what the people wanted. Most people wanted single buy ships. Pick and choose. Not pick to spend 200 bucks or choose to not get it ever.

People complained about opening hundreds of lock boxes or promo packs and not getting a ship.

People complained about lock box and promo packs being single-character unlocks.

Now you can the lock box / promo ship plus 9 other ships all account-unlocks for less than the average cost of the gamblebox version.

Think of it as buying the one ship and getting 9 more as a bonus.

Sure, some people wanted to pay $30 for a TOS Connie but no reasonable person expected that to happen. Lock box money paid for most of these people and much of the new content over the years - https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11357703-ten-years-of-sto-infographic

Thank the whales for saving our STO world, just like they did in Star Trek IV.
This discussion has been closed.