test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stargate Hail Ba'al Rambling

Comments

• Options
    nickkyana#2794 nickkyana Member Posts: 16,153 Arc User
    Nick: well... this is absolutely horrifying. Is there a cure for this? Something other than... you know...

Delgado/Eli: *looks around with worry. Looking slightly in fear.*
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    *alex waves a paw in front of bashir*​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,023 Community Moderator
    Krystal: I have some telepathic ability. Maybe I can... I don't know... try and help push them out and find the source?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    Nick: Krystal...... no offense.... but that is a horrible idea.

Delgado/Eli: *looks over when he hears the word telepathic. Looking as if he wants to speak up but he's holding his tongue*
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • Options
    (*hurls powdered sugar all over everyone*)​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • Options
    Nick: Seriously Krystal, I mean absolutely no disrespect. But someone in your position. It could compromise you. You talked about whatever those reapers are getting in your mind once. This sounds like their work from all the context. From these spikes and husks here. It makes total sense. The reapers could be the machines. And trying to help the Kai could let them further into your mind. It could hurt the people you care about if they get into your mind. You're an admiral, you'd be a perfect puppet for them.
  • Options
    rakesh: a better idea would be for me to bring down my interrogator - he's ferasan, so very much strong in telepathy-based psionics...and far less of a problem if he becomes compromised by reaper indoctrination​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Krystal: *grinds her teeth* Then what the hell am I supposed to do?

I am not some helpless princess who must be protected...
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    Nick: you are an important strategic asset that if compromised could get everyone you care about killed. Is your martyr complex more important than your family, krystal?
  • Options
    rakesh: while i would have put it a bit more...tactfully - i agree with the irishman; you cannot be compromised

and neither can i, which is why i won't even attempt a task like that despite having strong telepathy myself; i can't risk falling under reaper indoctrination, which is why i volunteered my interrogator; he knows nothing, NOTHING!​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Krystal: Martyr complex? Where the hell is that coming from?
  • Options
    Nick: from what I've seen and heard. You're always the first to volunteer to do something extremely dangerous. Things that could get you or others killed. Like you have a death wish. Like a Klingon, everyday is a good day to die. You take on responsibilities that aren't within your ability. And you get angry when someone tries to get someone more qualified. I saw you grinding your teeth. You think every small problem is your responsibility and if you cant do anything about it, you get all "woe is me."

You seem to be literly getting upset that we don't want you to put yourself and everyone else in the taskforce in danger cause you wanna be the hero. *looks at Rakesh* and I know, that was not tactful at all.
  • Options
    Krystal: *growls* Have you considered that maybe I don't like sitting around doing nothing? I have never been the type to just sit back and order others around like some desk jockey!
  • Options
    Nick: so risking the lives of everyone you care about is worth getting your kicks from? There are times to act and there are times to sit back and realise you can't do everything Krystal. This is one of those times. Do you want the reapers to kill everyone we care about? Just because you're a bit restless? What kind of Admiral does that? In fact what kind of Captain does that?! When you saved me, I saw you a capable leader. I'm questioning that judgment now in hindsight.
  • Options
    Krystal: *freezes up for a moment, fear suddenly crossing her face, before turning and walking away looking broken and afraid*
  • Options
    Nick: *takes a deep breath, closing his eyes for a moment and looking over to krystal* Doctor Delgado.... go with her. Make sure she doesn't get herself hurt

Delgado/Eli: are you sure you want me to do that, Captain?
  • Options
    (rattler, do you never read your freaking inbox anymore?)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    (Quite a bit actually. Unfortunately I don't really have anything to contribute at this time.)
  • Options
    Nick: Doctor, that was an order.

Delgado/Eli: Alright then, Captain. *Glances at nick before walking after krystal*

Nick: Great... this is just great... I just didn't want to see her or anyone else get hurt because of this Reaper S**t..... My message might have gotten through to her, but she's probably going to hate me. and by extension, everyone else may as well too.
  • Options
    rakesh: no, she's been broken for a long time - anyone with half a brain could see it...she NEEDED to hear that​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    (Actually... that's pretty accurate Shadow. The one thing that's haunted her from Andromeda is the fear that she's responsible for the Reapers learning about the Milky Way, and by extension... everything involving the Reapers in the Milky Way is her fault. She may not be getting broken down by Harbinger anymore, but its still haunting her. The Reapers are pretty much the one enemy that has had the biggest impact on her since the Borg.)
  • Options
    Nick: just because she needed to hear that doesn't mean she has to like it. Or stop herself from shooting the messenger. If my fate is to suffer so she has some sort of realization, so be it. I can only pray Gaia won't hate me for saying that to her sister...
  • Options
    (*hurls powdered sugar all over everyone*)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Delgado/Eli: *follows after krystal* Admiral, Just a moment of your time.

Nick: seriously though, she said something about sitting around doing nothing... yet she doesn't care we're all in that situation. I'm just sitting here uselessly with my gun hoping the cyber zombies don't suddenly decide that we'd look good impaled on those spikes. I'm being met with something that scares me waaaaay more than those over sized, trenchcoat clad, juggernaut abominations.
  • Options
    (uhh...what do the vaadwaur have to do with anything, and when did nick even ever meet them?)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    (Was talking about the thing that west did with the mirror universe. Those basically unkillable juggernaut tyrants. )
  • Options
    (they were not wearing trenchcoats...tyrants don't really wear much of ANYTHING

Enemy_008.jpg
    )​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    (it was this one, from Resident Evil 2 remake. since west played it and had an absolute.... you get the idea...

resident_evil_2_tyrant_hat.png?itok=1cqRZI5N
    )
  • Options
    (i don't recall any descriptions of it wearing a trenchcoat, though)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    (I do. Because it was a literal plot point that the trench coat was a limiter on it and when it came off it ended up mutating. Thus having to use that micro photon torpedo launcher)