test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PC] Announcing the Recon Destroyer Bundle!

Comments

• Options
    iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    I'm actually surprised there are new ships coming out this soon. We just had an expansion 2-ish months ago that brought us, what, 7 new ships? A bit too soon in my book, but, gotta keep the lights on so here we are.

I do like the look of these new offerings, but it's simply too soon for new ships for me. I'll wait for the inevitable "Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales that always seem to happen. It is nice there will be a discount for buying them on release weekend, but even so, I can wait for a better deal.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • Options
    nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    It will be interesting to see if Cryptic will still price this 2-ship bundle the same as the more normal 3-ship bundles. If it is the same price & we customers purchase it then I wouldn't be surprised if Cryptic begins doing similar repeatedly. Why wouldn't Cryptic if they've trained us to pay the same or more for less. Also, dang, I saw in chat last week where it was referenced about how the Jemmy expansion got the short-end of resource treatment because of Discovery & now this bundle has got snipped too. The 2 ships' are designed well, but not including Romulans seems lackluster.
  • Options
    valetharvalethar Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    Hey folks,

I understand the concern, so I want to assure you we aren't planning on never making another Romulan or Jem'hadar ship. I was just chatting with our concept artist, Hector, about designs for those guys. That being said, with everything that we're putting together for Age of Discovery in the fall, and the Anniversary in 2019, I wouldn't expect to see those ships right away. As always, we'll keep you updated.

To be honest, I imagine most would rather see Rom/Jem ships than anything TRIBBLE related. It's actually somewhat ludicrous that you make so many ships for the 'free' factions, yet when you overprice a 'premium' faction, you suddenly become reluctant to actually support them once you've taken the money. Hell, even the KDF is underrepresented compared to Fed.

Last I looked, it was Star Trek, not Federation Trek. The bias could use some balancing, to be sure.

That said, the designs look interesting. Now that we know they're going to be 20% off, perhaps someone could tell us how overpriced they're going to be?
  • Options
    locutusofcactuslocutusofcactus Member Posts: 651 Arc User
    "The New Orleans-class starship was one of the many “graveyard ships” scene in the wreckage of Wolf 359 in the TNG Episode “Best of Both Worlds.” While quickly..."

We need to buy the ships so they can get Grammarly.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    valethar wrote: »
    Last I looked, it was Star Trek, not Federation Trek. The bias could use some balancing, to be sure.

Last I checked... Star Trek in general was always Federation centric.
    • TOS was aboard the USS Enterprise
    • TNG was aboard the USS Enterprise-D
    • DS9 was aboard Deep Space Nine, and USS Defiant. (Did show some stuff from the opposite side during the Dominion War, but still...)
    • Voyager was aboard the USS Voyager
    • Enerprise was aboard the United Earth Starship Enterprise
    • Discovery is aboard the USS Discovery

Star Trek has always been from the point of view of a Federation crew. Yea we got some insight from other factions, but it was always centered around a Federation crew. So the franchise is inherrantly biased towards the Federation already. So "balancing" the "bias" is harder when you have a franchise that focuses on one particular faction. This isn't like Command & Conquer or WarCraft where the franchise already had a balance between existing major factions. Naturally the Federation will have the most to draw on. Klingons and Romulans don't have as much.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    atlmyklatlmykl Member Posts: 305 Arc User1
    Hey folks,

I understand the concern, so I want to assure you we aren't planning on never making another Romulan or Jem'hadar ship. I was just chatting with our concept artist, Hector, about designs for those guys. That being said, with everything that we're putting together for Age of Discovery in the fall, and the Anniversary in 2019, I wouldn't expect to see those ships right away. As always, we'll keep you updated.

So we are put on hold until after the anniversary in 2019 if we are lucky. The last proper Romulan ship you released was nov 2017 with the miracle worker warbird bundle. The Dewan armored sperm ships do not count, with out the Promise Of Ferocity trait I doubt you would have sold any to be honest.
  • Options
    guthrie65guthrie65 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    sRnT1r6.png
    Banner_zpshzeetjy7.png
  • Options
    guthrie65 wrote: »
    sRnT1r6.png

bahahahahaaa__rainbow_dash_laugh_by_misteralex-d515muw.gif
    Well done sir. Very well done.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    questerius wrote: »
    reyan01 wrote: »
    nacsa76 wrote: »
    Nice ships! I'm curious of their stats. Will they be Fleet level?
    it's sad that there are no Romulan counterpart. I wonder, this will be the norm, from now on…

I hope not.

Canon ship, so no - won't be Fleet Level straight out of the box. There'll be a Fleet variant too.
    Still no Tier 6 Vor'Cha. Come on!

Actually pretty surprised at this one to be honest - the Vor'Cha is at least a very close contemporary of the New Orleans class.

Is this not a T6 Vor'Cha in all but name?

A T6 Vor'cha would be a battlecruiser, not a raptor. The one has CDR Eng and cruiser commands, the other has CDR Tac and an experimental weapon.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    And I raptors that I am drawn to and, probably, will buy....and TRIBBLE everyday when doing Admiralty about not having enough Engineering ships in my play deck.

LOL!
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    lagomorphic#0794 lagomorphic Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    I understand the concern, so I want to assure you we aren't planning on never making another Romulan or Jem'hadar ship

That is truly one of the funniest comments I've ever seen. They aren't "planning"(and keep in mind, plans change) to NEVER make another Rom/JH ship. In other words:

They MAY make a Rom//JH every now and then, if you are lucky.

But they absolutely will not be making very many of them, or very often. That's just the reality.
  • Options
    That's an assumption, and taking it to an extreme.

I see no reason why they won't continue as they have and make Romulan ships alongside Fed and KDF. The only instances I can think of where they might not is with Discovery ships as we don't have any material to work off of for Romulan designs in the Discovery era.

In this case it could be the fact they didn't have time due to working on major projects, and haven't been able to finalize the Romulan version. Could be as simple as that. Not "We're scheming to deny Romulans any further ships because we're greedy and lazy" or anything of the sort.

NOTHING says they won't continue to make ships whatsoever. So where the hell is this idea that "We don't have to anymore because X reason" come from?
  • Options
    rattler2 wrote: »
    That's an assumption, and taking it to an extreme.

I see no reason why they won't continue as they have and make Romulan ships alongside Fed and KDF. The only instances I can think of where they might not is with Discovery ships as we don't have any material to work off of for Romulan designs in the Discovery era.

In this case it could be the fact they didn't have time due to working on major projects, and haven't been able to finalize the Romulan version. Could be as simple as that. Not "We're scheming to deny Romulans any further ships because we're greedy and lazy" or anything of the sort.

NOTHING says they won't continue to make ships whatsoever. So where the hell is this idea that "We don't have to anymore because X reason" come from?

You really see "no reason"? I'll give you a really simple one: money. They are going to spend their development time on what makes the most money. Before Roms could use their allies t6 ships, they "had" to make a Rom ship to get those people's money. But now that the Roms can use their alllies ship, they dont have to "bother" with the Rom version to still get that person's money.

No, I'm not saying they will never make another Rom or JH ship. But I AM saying it will be a rarity in comparison with how it used to be. Mark my words. Wait 12 months and compare the number of new Rom ships with how it was done prior to allowing them to use their allies' ships and see who is right.
  • Options
    thatsgottahurtthatsgottahurt Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    "That being said, with everything that we're putting together for Age of Discovery in the fall"

That's not a problem, just dump Discovery so you can put the hours into Jem'hadar and Romulan ships.

Besides, ships with the impulse engines on the outside look pretty silly anyway.
  • Options
    *deadpan look*

You lost your credability when you said "Mark my words" because that instantly puts up a sign that says "I don't care about any other argument that doesn't support my position."

There is literally NO evidence to say they won't continue to make Romulan ships.

Absence of evidence is NOT evidence.
    Just because something doesn't exist doesn't automatically prove the opposite.
    Its just like paranormal investigating. LACK of evidence does not PROVE existance. You go looking to prove, even the absence of evidence is evidence that supports your case. You want credability? Look for evidence and go in to debunk. Anything you can't debunk is potential evidence.
  • Options
    furiontassadarfuriontassadar Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    Yup, as soon as I saw the announcement that Romulan and Jem'hadar commanders would have access to their chosen allies ships, I knew the main reason was so they didn't have to worry about making Romulan and Dominion variants each time they made a new set of ships. Heck, we should probably consider ourselves "lucky" whenever we get any non-Fed, Z-store ships at all, at this point.

In the words of Obisek, "That is regrettable, but not unexpected."
    "There will never be enough blood to wash away my need for vengeance! A single world...I could destroy a million worlds and it would not be enough! Your existence is an insult to the memory of my people! I will continue my fight, even if I must fight alone!"
  • Options
    *deadpan look*

You lost your credability when you said "Mark my words" because that instantly puts up a sign that says "I don't care about any other argument that doesn't support my position."

Listen friend, if you are really interested in having a conversation don't put words in other people's mouths. Pretending I said something I didn't say is just a strawman tactic, and pretty lame. I definitely care about what other people think, but I'm also more than willing to bet it will play out the way I said. Feel free to review the numbers 12 months from now and see which of us is more correct.
    Absence of evidence is NOT evidence.

Let me once again clarify my position: I am NOT saying they will NEVER make another Rom/JH ship. I AM saying they will be much rarer than before the change. So don't break out your strawman again and pretend I said they will "never" make any more Rom/JH ships".

Now, as far as them being much rarer than before, the first "evidence" we have is this very release. This is the first time they released a multi-faction pack without Romulans since the "change" of letting Roms use their allied ships happened. But for some reason you seem to want to ignore the first piece of evidence we have. No, this first evidence does not guarantee a pattern, but it is still evidence and you don't get to just ignore it because you don't like it.
  • Options
    One instance is not evidence. If it is repeated, then you have evidence. Until a trend is shown, single events don't count as evidence because they are just that. SINGLE events. Not policy or anything else.
  • Options
    qqqqiiqqqqii Member Posts: 473 Arc User
    cervarus wrote: »
    No Romulan variant?

The first thing I thought when I read the whole announcement:"Now I know why the Romulan 'faction' is being given access to their allied T6 ships. So they can stop making Romulan ships."
  • Options
    nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    Yup, as soon as I saw the announcement that Romulan and Jem'hadar commanders would have access to their chosen allies ships, I knew the main reason was so they didn't have to worry about making Romulan and Dominion variants each time they made a new set of ships. Heck, we should probably consider ourselves "lucky" whenever we get any non-Fed, Z-store ships at all, at this point.

In the words of Obisek, "That is regrettable, but not unexpected."

if they could get away with not making kdf ships and still make enough money to get all the actors they want, they would, hell they did spend two years not making kdf ships. or if they could sell fed ships to kdf and have them actually buy em, they'ld stop making kdf ships in a heartbeat. so actually there is a small chance if this pack fails, and I mean dyson science destroyer level fails. they may realise romulan fans want romulan ships, and keep the no roms in current release to a minimal. otherwise I'ld get used to it, though I'ld guess you have two or three release, not counting the TRIBBLE content, before they stop completely after all they wouldn't want to seem to be lying would they?

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • Options
    One instance is not evidence. If it is repeated, then you have evidence. Until a trend is shown, single events don't count as evidence because they are just that. SINGLE events. Not policy or anything else.

You are confusing the words "evidence" and "pattern". They do not mean the same thing. But yes, like I said in my previous post:
    No, this first evidence does not guarantee a pattern, but it is still evidence and you don't get to just ignore it because you don't like it.

I agree one case is not a pattern. But the next time this happens you will have to come up with some new excuse, because the pattern will have started.

And now let me be very specific with you: I am NOT saying there won't be any more faction packs with Rom or JH ships. I'm NOT saying that. What I AM saying is that we will start to see MORE packs without Rom ships than we did before. I am saying that 12 months from now the number of new Rom ships released will be significantly less than in the past 12 months.
  • Options
    Oh, and let me add something else to this discussion: I'm not even saying I have a problem with them releasing less Rom ships. It's a business decision, and I get that. It is what it is. But let's just be honest about the situation and accept it, not try to pretend it isn't going to happen.
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,197 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    Although I have been waiting for ages for a T6 Oberth, I do find the New Orleans class interesting.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User

Wow.. I honestly can't believe you typed that. Please, I urge you.. go back and re read what you just typed.. if you don't see why that's one of the silliest things ever said then you should be very worried. You're obviously a lot smarter then this.
    ruinthefun wrote: »
    Wouldn't matter. Never, ever, buy Fleet Ship Modules from the C-Store. They're such a lousy deal that you'd be better off buying keys, selling the keys, and using the EC to buy the FSMs, which would cost you less Zen and leave you with a surplus in EC.

Yes! I have been saying for quite a while now that 500 Zen is an outrageous cost for a FSM, it's just stupid to buy one at that price. At current EC Values, you could use that Zen to instead by 4 master keys, buy the FSM off the exchange and have almost 3M EC left. FSM are a complete rip off at 500 Zen.

coldnapalm wrote: »
    So...TRIBBLE is the reason why romulans don't get a new ship...

Okay so one more reason for me to dislike TRIBBLE.

And seriously...with that ship design, you didn't make it the T6 vor'cha? REALLY?!?

TRIBBLE is a convenient excuse.. it's laziness plain and simple. They sat down and said 'Romulan Feds can use the federation version, KDF Romulans can use the KDF version.. sweet.. we don't have to make a Romulan version!." It's something many of us feared would be a side effect of allowing Romulans to use allied faction ships and they have just taken a big step toward re-enforcing the validity of that fear.

I am really interested in these ships, but I am also very disappointed by the exclusion of a Romulan Variant. It's evidence of confirmation of our fears, now let us see if it becomes a pattern. Things are not looking great for the future of the Romulan Faction.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    gunstar1a#5253 gunstar1a Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Wish they would come up with a Saladin class type of ship, love the look of the new ships
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,197 Arc User
    Will the New Orleans get its classic look as well?
  • Options
    slifox#0768 slifox Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    I’m sold it looks good and I like the idea. But am very disappointed that there isn’t a Romulan and Jem’Hadar counterpart.
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    Looks like I was right. RIP Romulan ships.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.