test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Announcing the Recon Destroyer Bundle!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
Two brand new ships are coming to Star Trek Online on PC later this week, the Lafayette - an updated New Orleans class - and the Ketha Class! Both will be available in the C-store in a bundle or separately, and this weekend they'll be 20% off!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10984923

Comments

• jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    Both of those looks really nice! It's nice to have something close to the look of the T6 Galaxy X in a two nacelle version.

Edit: I forgot the most important question of all. Can I use the T5 Ambassador parts on it? We really need a T6 Ambassador or a T6 ship that can use the pieces of the T5 Ambassador.
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    I wanted the New Orleans for a while, I'm extremely satisfied that it's finally making its appearance in STO.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    That Ketha Raptor looks fine as hell, one of the traditionally good KDF designs from Cryptic. Finally another worthy Raptor after my bellowed Mat'ha, I will put this one to good use! Qapla'!
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • badgerpants999badgerpants999 Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    Did I read it right? It said the Ketha Class was a Raptor with heavy (dual?) cannons and a Cloak. Then it said it got the Flanking Bonus as it was a Raider. So is it a Raptor or a Raider? Or haven't you decided yet?
  • cervaruscervarus Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    No Romulan variant?
  • tunebreakertunebreaker Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    So, with Romulans (and Jem'hadar too) now being able to fly all of their allied ships, that means no future romulan designs? Sadtimes.
  • harryhausenharryhausen Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    So, what are the chances that players like me who actually live in Lafayette, LA can get a free hometown ship?

BridgeBOPSTIII.jpg

• tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    no Rom or JHD version? no more 3 flavors of a single ship?
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    tigeraries wrote: »
    no Rom or JHD version? no more 3 flavors of a single ship?

I was going to ask the same thing… no Roms?? c'mon!!, or perhaps it will be a jem-Rom bundle...
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • sierrafortunesierrafortune Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    No Romulan Recon Warbird or Jem Vanguard Recon whatever?
  • nacsa76nacsa76 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Nice ships! I'm curious of their stats. Will they be Fleet level?
    it's sad that there are no Romulan counterpart. I wonder, this will be the norm, from now on…

I hope not.
  • nebfabnebfab Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    So, it WAS a way to reduce costs of making new ships by short-shrifting Romulans, after all...
  • steaensteaen Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    Really looking forward to seeing the stats for the Lafayette - based on aesthetics and the description in the blog, it could be an immediate (well, on Thursday) purchase for me.
  • ash352ash352 Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    nacsa76 wrote: »
    Nice ships! I'm curious of their stats. Will they be Fleet level?
    it's sad that there are no Romulan counterpart. I wonder, this will be the norm, from now on…

I hope not.

Why wouldn't it become the norm? Cryptic now gets to cut down on development time for smaller releases like this, pump up the amount of ships and the price of the mega bundles, as well as making future lockbox, lobi, and R&D promo choice boxes more enticing as they won't be releasing as many C-store Rom ships, or really any JH ships. If you didn't expect this when they announced that Rom's could now use their aligned factions ships, with only a few exceptions, you were ignoring some pretty big warning signs.

Maybe now at least all those one off ships that people want will finally come out because they don't need to make a Rom or JH alternative.
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,003 Arc User
    The lack of Romulan and Jem'Hadar variants is massive dish of ointment.
    Er, disappointment.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • lanceandragon#1584 lanceandragon Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    While the highlighter mission pods are kinda is this ship's thing, will there be an option to not display them? If not at release it would be a nice option to have. The new raptor is nice we haven't got one of those in a while.
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    No warbird?
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • nikolunusnikolunus Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    As happy as I am to see the New Orleans class finally coming to game along with an updated class for her. I feel me and the rest of the Romulan Republic are left a little out in the cold on this one.... unless there is a special rom ship you guys are keeping in the wings. I know we can use our factions t6ships now but its not the same as flying something that represents you.
    Space is vast, it's wonderful and maddening. Yet in that madness is some of the greatest beauty I have ever seen.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    Seems a little odd to leave the Romulans out. If this is going to be only a 2 ship bundle the price should probably reflect that as well.

Only thing I can think of is not being able to nail down a design for a Romulan equivelent in time for this release. I think I can see how those pods can really mess things up since there's really no Romulan design that can integrate something like that seemlessly.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    They both look like nice ships, but it's disappointing that Romulans no longer get their own versions. Luckily I have a whole fleet of other Romships to fly.

I'm curious to see what the list price on 2-ship bundles will be since other bundles are 3 ships for 6000. 1/3 off would be 4000, which would make getting the pair attractive to me even before the 20% off intro price.
    They've said that they still intend to make Romulan ships. Its just in this case I think they hit a wall on design they couldn't overcome before release.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    You probably only see one-off Romulans or new Romulan ships as part of a nine pack from now on due to Romulans being able to fly their Allied Factions T5/T6. Jem'Hadar will be the same.

Still no Vanguard Lifetime T5/T6 Heavy Destroyers or Yacht.

You could now (before also due to the way it was released), recreate the Battle of Narenda III, with the Federation and Romulans using Ambassador Class ships. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
    Hey folks,

I understand the concern, so I want to assure you we aren't planning on never making another Romulan or Jem'hadar ship. I was just chatting with our concept artist, Hector, about designs for those guys. That being said, with everything that we're putting together for Age of Discovery in the fall, and the Anniversary in 2019, I wouldn't expect to see those ships right away. As always, we'll keep you updated.
    Thanks for the heads up kael! Should have also figured AoD and Anniversary stuff was also kinda in the way. Probably even some Winter Event stuff.
  • steaensteaen Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    So, what are the chances that players like me who actually live in Lafayette, LA can get a free hometown ship?

Precisely zero.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    1. No Warbird. I guess that's what giving Tier 6 ships of their respective factions would do to Romulans (and Jem'Hadar).

2. Still no Tier 6 Vor'Cha. Come on!
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    I'm glad it's just two ships (Klingon-allied characters getting the recon raptor and the Federation-allied characters getting the recon destroyer).

After the sales, and money kind of tight for me right now, I'm kinda down in the Zen I have available right now. Having to get three, let alone 6 or 9 ship bundle maybe something I'd have to save up for another time.

Edit: I like the look of the ships. Hopefully the New Orleans class ship is shown in the stats blog. Any chance of a 24th Century version of the recon raptor so Klingon-allied characters get as second version to use?
  • cervaruscervarus Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Hey folks,

I understand the concern, so I want to assure you we aren't planning on never making another Romulan or Jem'hadar ship. I was just chatting with our concept artist, Hector, about designs for those guys. That being said, with everything that we're putting together for Age of Discovery in the fall, and the Anniversary in 2019, I wouldn't expect to see those ships right away. As always, we'll keep you updated.

I can see where limited staff time would impact this. That's just the reality of the situation. But it's still a disappointment.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Or before they inevitably bring it up, a T6 Nova. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • roninfelroninfel Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    WTH??? Where is the Romulan version????