test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Your thoughts on TRIBBLE

shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
So what are your thoughts on seeing your first TRIBBLE tonight? I know the show just started so this is for after.

Comments

• Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    Ask me again when it's been aired. :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    reemus#2383 reemus Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    Just watched it on prime time tv....uhhhh man...... If it continues like the first episode this will be a mini-series that lasts about a month. A real face-off with a Klingon would not have gone anything remotely close to this.... despite the story they are trying to portray here.... Watching this episode was like watching the first 20 minutes of Inglorious TRIBBLE....

Aside from an assault already against her superior officer and a mutiny attempt.... I don't see how I could take much more of this series very seriously when compared to traditional Star Trek series.

The visuals are great.... and hoping this series is more true to sci-fi and not some modern day drama show with a linear approach.

Going to take time to adjust to the new Klingon "look".... but so far they seem to be on the right track with their race and culture by the dialogue and actions thus far...

Crossing my fingers here.... can't judge it all by one episode... but so far it has some major events that have already rubbed me the wrong way.
  • Options
    But..... I was all "this is very non-Star Trek" when I saw the first couple episodes of Enterprise.... and it turned out to be one of my favorite series of the franchise.... So we will see
  • Options
    shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
  • Options
    brian334brian334 Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    It seems the world didn't end. The Klingons seemed Klingon enough for me, and here were no major violations of canon to ruin my immersion.

It seemed overall to be a good show, but the story, naturally, was unresolved. As a preferance I like episodic rather than serial stories in which the conflict of the episide is concluded.

I give it a C+ or B-. I'll probably view the series one day.
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    I watched the free episode, if I graded it with an emoji it would be

NNdIHAL.jpg
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    I want a Daft Punk boff.
  • Options
    brian334 wrote: »
    It seems the world didn't end. The Klingons seemed Klingon enough for me, and here were no major violations of canon to ruin my immersion.

It seemed overall to be a good show, but the story, naturally, was unresolved. As a preferance I like episodic rather than serial stories in which the conflict of the episide is concluded.

I give it a C+ or B-. I'll probably view the series one day.

I prefer serial shows, so that's one thing I actually like about it (the only thing so far). Got a 2 day free trial so I'll give the second episode a shot, can't watch it on my 4k smart TV though cause CBS all access apparently isn't available on Samsung TVs ...
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    straha22straha22 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    It was okay, but not worth 5.99 or 9.99 for the monthly sub to keep watching it. I"ll just watch it on Netflix via VPN or maybe wait till its on my Firestick.
  • Options
    ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Wretched tuned in during the albino "Klingon" putting his hand in the flame and watched 15 minutes more and I could not watch anymore. It is worse then I thought it would be. The Klingon makeup is horrible no emotion comes through looks like an unfinished clay sculpture before sponging it to add pores and other fine details. They remind me of some of the bad Vampire makeups. The Armor looks like someone stuffed the actors in a birdcage and the shape of it reminds one of something out of a Three Muskateers film all thats missing are the ruffled collars. It's bad. Far worse then I expected I was really hoping I was wrong about TRIBBLE but sadly I was proven right. RIP Star Trek. The Batleth is a joke looks more like a sheep herders crook then a weapon.
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    I didn't watch it so I have no opinion.
  • Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    Better to accept it as JJ Trek than prime universe. New Klingon armor reminds me of the reptilian Xindi armor. I agree with ssbn655 comments about the Klingon makeup and the Batleth.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    daan2006 wrote: »
    Better to accept it as JJ Trek than prime universe. New Klingon armor reminds me of the reptilian Xindi armor. I agree with ssbn655 comments about the Klingon makeup and the Batleth.

The armor's obviously ceremonial armor. I wouldn't expect anyone outside whatever cult these Klingons belong to have that armor.
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    I wasn't too impressed either. I like the old grumpy grandma Captain. She seems to fit her role well. The First Officer I didn't care much for. If this was a Mirror Universe series, I might think a little differently. I like the cowardly Science Officer. He kind of reminds me a little of Barclay. I don't like the look of the Klingon's or their bridge but the bridge of the Shenzou was nice and kind of reminds me of the free bridge we got with the free Odyssey's. Throwing in a few TOS sounds here and there was nice but also seemed like a novelty. Some of the tech in the show, like the holographic communication, was out of place. I don't recall ever seeing that in the TOS series. Love the Captain's Chair though. :D The whole pew pew start with the weapon effects and such reminds me too much of the JJ-Trek meets Star Wars, both of which I can't stand.
  • Options
    Watched the second episode, didn't improve my thoughts on it at all.

As I've said before in other threads, the decision to retcon the appearance of one of the most iconic alien races was just idiotic imo. On top of that, you have:
    * Frequent use of holographic communication, something that was not developed and deployed until 2373 in the Prime Universe (there's no way this is Prime, I'd say we are looking at a fourth universe, the TRIBBLE Universe).

* Type 2 phasers now fire blaster bolts rather than phaser beams.

* A first officer left her post during a potential combat situation to call a diplomat.

* An entire bridge crew seemed more than happy to follow an obvious attempt at mutiny.

* A previous mind-meld somehow allowed real-time telepathic communication from Vulcan to the edge of Federation space.

* One Klingon house makes significant use of cloaking technology, even though the Klingons do not have such technology for another decade in the Prime Universe.

* First Officer explicitly states they need to capture the Klingon leader alive, then takes it upon herself to kill him anyway.

I know there were other things that bothered me during the two episodes, but those are all I can remember.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    The real question that remains.....how was she able to run into his batleth with the suit thrusters and actually shove it through him that clean? I mean.....did they not look at the thing before they wrote this part? She should have been impaled as well and both be floating through space in a duo-kling-eration-a-bob fashion.... Game over...end of her career...
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    The real question that remains.....how was she able to run into his batleth with the suit thrusters and actually shove it through him that clean? I mean.....did they not look at the thing before they wrote this part? She should have been impaled as well and both be floating through space in a duo-kling-eration-a-bob fashion.... Game over...end of her career...

I don't think they looked at a lot of things before they wrote it.
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    I watched the free episode, if I graded it with an emoji it would be

NNdIHAL.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbYWhdLO43Q
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    jrdobbsjr#3264 jrdobbsjr Member Posts: 431 Arc User

Aside from an assault already against her superior officer and a mutiny attempt.... I don't see how I could take much more of this series very seriously when compared to traditional Star Trek series.

She committed at least two, and possibly three crimes that would be capital crimes under the UCMJ....it depends on whether her violations of both sections of Article 90 (ASSAULTING OR WILLFULLY DISOBEYING SUPERIOR COMMISSIONED OFFICER) were considered to be in time of war or not. Granted, the Federation only has the Death Penalty for one thing (going to Talos IV), but Burnham would have never seen the inside of a Federation starship again....except for the brig in the vessel taking her to prison.

The most laughable thing about it is that it would have made no difference if she had gotten her way.....they had come there to declare War on the Federation. All she would have done is pre-empt it by attacking first, which would have caused the Federation untold difficulty with the "peacenik" factions.

• Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    A real face-off with a Klingon would not have gone anything remotely close to this....
    Define "real."
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    swamarian wrote: »
    I want a Daft Punk boff.

I thought it was the sentient toaster race!
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    A real face-off with a Klingon would not have gone anything remotely close to this....
    Define "real."

Klingon decloaks behind you, fires some torps and disruptors. You blow up and the Klingons toast their epic victory with made up battle stories. :D

But a Klingon ship sitting there doing nothing and waiting for reinforcements before attacking ONE ship?!?! Yeah, that's a 'real' Klingon.
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    Define "real."

Klingon decloaks behind you, fires some torps and disruptors. You blow up and the Klingons toast their epic victory with made up battle stories. :D

But a Klingon ship sitting there doing nothing and waiting for reinforcements before attacking ONE ship?!?! Yeah, that's a 'real' Klingon.
    But who is the arbiter for determining what a "real" Klingon attack is? Truth be told, both episodes were fantastic. They're definitely on the right track here.

When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    Define "real."

But who is the arbiter for determining what a "real" Klingon attack is? Truth be told, both episodes were fantastic. They're definitely on the right track here.

Well if you think they were fantastic, then that leaves you out of judging anything! o:)
  • Options
    jrdobbsjr#3264 jrdobbsjr Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    > @dracounguis said:
    > salazarraze wrote: »
    >
    > reemus#2383 wrote:
    >
    > A real face-off with a Klingon would not have gone anything remotely close to this....
    >
    >
    >
    > Define "real."
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Klingon decloaks behind you, fires some torps and disruptors. You blow up and the Klingons toast their epic victory with made up battle stories. :D
    >
    > But a Klingon ship sitting there doing nothing and waiting for reinforcements before attacking ONE ship?!?! Yeah, that's a 'real' Klingon.

Haven't seen Ep 2 but it was clear they were there to deliver a message, and wanted to make sure there would be surviving witnesses before they delivered that message, which was their declaration of War against the Federation.