test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Star Trek: Discovery Uniforms

Comments

• shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    velqua wrote: »
    Did everyone get STDs today? :p I picked mine up from Promotions. Just glad it's "FREE". :)

OH DEAR GOD
    anyone missing the Discovery com badge on female boffs or toons
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    No, Lieutenant, Captain, and Admiral only.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • maniac20#5251 maniac20 Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    FED BOFF's minus rom have full uniform but the KDF-Kobali BOFF has access to the uniform minus the badges. Also except for coloring on the shoulders there is very little difference in the 3 jackets.
  • peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    So I might just be being a little dense, but I can't tell if there is any actual difference between the captain and lieutenant uniform tops.
    Are they actually identical or is there some subtle difference I am missing?
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I noted that the Uppers had no real differences.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    shadowkosh wrote: »
    none of my fed boffs and use the comm badges

My Saurian BOFF on my Andorian sci officer is currently wearing the discovery LT. operations badge same with my FED-Kobali BOFF wearing the discovery Commander badge
    So I might just be being a little dense, but I can't tell if there is any actual difference between the captain and lieutenant uniform tops.

There is very little difference between the 3 jackets, it is mostly some coloring in the shoulders.
  • peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User

There is very little difference between the 3 jackets, it is mostly some coloring in the shoulders.

Yeah, I could see the difference in the admiral jacket, but the other two just look indistinguishable to me.
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    anyone know if they have to be claimed by each char or just claimed once per acct?
    Spock.jpg

• poisonpoison Member Posts: 255 Arc User

Yeah, I could see the difference in the admiral jacket, but the other two just look indistinguishable to me.

Zoom in on the top of the shoulder, Captain has gold stripes on it, LT does not. Admiral includes gold on the outside of the shoulders too
    jfsig02.png
  • mystarlite#1876 mystarlite Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    valoreah wrote: »
    Does the uniform come with Michelle Yeoh too? Please say yes.....

You can use this if you just want a character to look similar.
    Do people still use TRIBBLE? I've been using STI for years now.

My Saurian BOFF on my Andorian sci officer is currently wearing the discovery LT. operations badge same with my FED-Kobali BOFF wearing the discovery Commander badge

strange when I click on com badge none show up with the ability to add it what rank is your Saurian mine is not LT yet

strange when I click on com badge none show up with the ability to add it what rank is your Saurian mine is not LT yet
    All of my BOFF's are Commanders

It says on the C-Store: "Note: Purchase of this option unlocks these costumes for every TOS and Starfleet character on an account." I think i'll use this for colours until someone figures out the default values.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    I really hope they didn't give us these ugly pieces of fabric instead of the TNG skant.1
    lianthelia wrote: »
    I really hope they didn't give us these ugly pieces of fabric instead of the TNG skant.1

The Skant and type 7 shuttle giveaway hasn't started yet, Supposedly starts next week
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    I noted that the Uppers had no real differences.

I noticed two very subtle differences. The pattern on the collarbone portion is very slightly different, and they seem to have slightly different reflective qualities.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
    I found this infograph on the uniform. Did a search for boots and from ComicCon pics the flap looks darker than the main part.

Here's what i'm using for my Admiral Captain right now:

Upper: Discovery Admiral K1 A3 A9
    Badge: Discovery Captain Command A9
    Lower: Tight - Discovery K1 A9
    Feet: Boot Discovery S24 A9 S1 A9

For BOffs i'm debating on Discovery Lieutenant upper with silvery accents as they're not Captains yet.
  • locutusofcactuslocutusofcactus Member Posts: 651 Arc User
    It's not STO's fault, but I don't really like the Discovery uniform design. The Orville's uniforms were better. With that said, FREE uniforms woot! :):)
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    Other than the super shiny metallics all over the place, the whole gold/silver/bronze thing makes you think Olympics and that means that Gold is better than Silver and Silver is better than Bronze. So if you are Ops, you suck and are a 3rd rate officer! ;)
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,360 Arc User
    Makes YOU think Olympics, maybe. Around here, the Olympics are a mountain range, and don't have any gold, silver, copper, or tin worth speaking of.

I dunno, maybe there's something off about my monitor or summat, but none of the colors available look very metallic to me. More muddy.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,303 Community Moderator
    edited September 2017
    Thread: DISCOVERY UNIFORM.. NICE @vetteguy904
    Thread: ST DISCOVERY UNIFORMS @ixionveridian

tUxKHgA.png
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    The show may turn out to be utter drek, but the uniforms are snazzy as hell.

LzOHa1C.jpg
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    edited September 2017

Just going to leave this here ... it's a link to a thread that already exists on this topic ...

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1234547/discovery-uniforms/p1

Edit: and threads have been merged

Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • badgerpants999badgerpants999 Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    I just hope some of the ships make it into the game, Just NOT the Discovery! That thing is UGLY!
  • angarus1angarus1 Member Posts: 684 Arc User
    velqua wrote: »
    Did everyone get STDs today? :p I picked mine up from Promotions. Just glad it's "FREE". :)

I got a DSC, whatever that is. ;)