Install Arc
Options

Star Trek: Discovery Uniforms

Comments

• Options
    angarus1angarus1 Member Posts: 684 Arc User
    shadowkosh wrote: »
    now we need color codes for uniforms
    I agree, and maybe improve the current color selection of because no matter which blue I'm choosing, it's either too turquoise or purplish compared to the promo shots.

I do kinda wish they went for the Federation colour palette.

Still a really nice uniform though!
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Free uniforms are always nice.

But 2000 zen for that bridge.......utter insanity. Maybe as part of a pack with other goodies it'd be ok, but for that price that is absolutely not worth it.
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    walligigwalligig Member Posts: 308 Arc User
    shadowkosh wrote: »
    now we need color codes for uniforms
    I agree, and maybe improve the current color selection of because no matter which blue I'm choosing, it's either too turquoise or purplish compared to the promo shots.

Try K3 and K2. That looked pretty close to the Promo shots to me.
    sstosig2.png
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,340 Community Moderator
    edited September 2017
    Ok, the Galaxy Interior thread is that way --> :)
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    fleakillerfleakiller Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    pants are there.. they are under Tight Pants
  • Options
    valarauko43valarauko43 Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    The badges were near the bottom of my badges list. There are different badges for each rank from Admiral to Lt.JG, and the badges from Capt. to Lt.JG also have dept. differences like command, science and operations.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    The Discovery Uniform does indeed come with pants (Tight) and boots.
    Post edited by ltminns on
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    So they have an official News Blog up announcing that the Privateer Lockbox has been added to the Infinity (which they did already do two weeks ago), but now we are dropping the Infinity. That means a new Lockbox on October 3rd. Discovery Lockbox, anybody?
    Post edited by ltminns on
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    Also, the 2,000 Zen price for the Galaxy Interior is NOT a sale price.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    vonestelvonestel Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    lordsteve1 wrote: »

But 2000 zen for that bridge.......utter insanity. Maybe as part of a pack with other goodies it'd be ok, but for that price that is absolutely not worth it.

No, it's expensive and pricey, but not utter insanity. Utter insanity is charging the equivalent of 6,000 Zen for one uniform on one character in the Di store. They've gone out of the business of giving us any ship interiors, so if charging us 2000 Zen for a quality in scale interior gets them back in the interior business, so be it.
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,769 Arc User
    valoreah wrote: »
    Does the uniform come with Michelle Yeoh too? Please say yes.....
    Can we make a Captian that look like her? Well, if we can look like MegaMind then I suppose so. ;)
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    ltminns wrote: »
    The Discovery Uniform does indeed come with pant (Tight) and Boots.

Well, that Hollywood for you. :p I can't remember wearing tight anything in game or in even real life.

• Options
    nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    Well the Discovery cross-marketing was certain to happen.

If I am not mistaken just the debut Discovery episode is on CBS this Sunday & the rest are behind a paywall correct?

The Discovery uniform giveaway is nice, & glad to see those console late-comers will get it as well.

Pertaining to the Galaxy Class Interior I had already posted:

Galaxy Class Interior Now On Sale!

Well done on the recreation for STO from what I've seen.

I hope those that buy it enjoy it.

For me, 2000 Zen, is too steep for a starship interior since bridges & interiors offer very little in quality of life improvement.

If it had included BOFFs &/or DOFFs of the TNG's main crew that would've been a huge seller & possibly worth it!
  • Options
    garaks31 wrote: »
    nothing for the klingons?!

Yet. :wink:
    Most likely...

New Ridge Patterns - Coming Soon!
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    garaks31 wrote: »
    nothing for the klingons?!

Yet. :wink:

Only if your a Fed-Klingon...
  • Options
    anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    ltminns wrote: »
    So they have an official News Blog up announcing that the Privateer Lockbox has been added to the Infinity (which they did already do two weeks ago), but now we are dropping the Infinity. That means a new Lockbox on October 4th. Discovery Lockbox, anybody?

Last week for the change, and October 3rd for Season 14 and thus the new Lockbox. It was posted on the news page yesterday, but no discussion thread for the topic. It's looking like they aren't going to have a reputation with the new season for the 1st time since reputations became a thing, and likely no queues, either. This also would mean that they get to push what to about Competitive Rep, particularly the marks in choice boxes, down the road for at least another 3 months.
    vonestel wrote: »
    lordsteve1 wrote: »

No, it's expensive and pricey, but not utter insanity. Utter insanity is charging the equivalent of 6,000 Zen for one uniform on one character in the Di store. They've gone out of the business of giving us any ship interiors, so if charging us 2000 Zen for a quality in scale interior gets them back in the interior business, so be it.

If you bought keys with that 6000 Zen and opened about 53 boxes for the Lobi, you'd be able to afford roughly 1 Lobi outfit, also unlocked for just 1 character. Granted, that's not considering the value of everything else in those 53 Lockboxes or the 65 extra Lobi.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Discovery Uniforms giveaway inbound...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s

Kidding. ( Or am I? * shifty eyes *)

Anyways, surprised they didn't toss them into a lockbox.

They are "Prime Universe" (I put it in quotes because the artistic direction of TRIBBLE has killed my interest in it), and players would rage if they put a prime uniform in a lockbox.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    They are "Prime Universe" (I put it in quotes because the artistic direction of TRIBBLE has killed my interest in it), and players would rage if they put a prime uniform in a lockbox.

Prime timeline is not dependent on your personal opinion on its artistic merit though.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    captainperkinscaptainperkins Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    Im officially a Star Trek Online collector- I have almost EVERY special item and uniform now. My life was complete with Wrath of Khan weapons and uniforms and I still hope for a TOS Movie interior someday, but I LOVE the Discovery stuff early.

Can't wait for Discovery ships and weapons! It's gettin' good boys n gals! (& invited transgender species)
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    szim wrote: »
    angrytarg wrote: »
    And a Galaxy interior - for 2000 Zen pig-16.gifpig-24.gif​​

And it's not a pack. No additional weapons, or shuttles, or uniforms like in the DS9 and TOS pack. That price is a little bit excessive.

Anyway thanks for the free Discovery uniforms. I hope Cryptic has some additional surprises planned for when the show premiers on Netflix, like the USS Shenzhou, Europa or even Discovery :D Can't wait.

Yeah, I would not buy Discovery Uniforms, but I'll take free ones! ;)
    Galaxy Bridge for $20 is stupid. Should be free also, cause no one goes to bridges.
  • Options
    eltecheltech Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    Discovery Uniforms giveaway inbound...

Doesn't come with pants. Can't mix and match the badges with other uniforms.

Also, the half collar looks stupid - IMO. Can't blame the Devs for this one. Gersha Phillips designed these uniforms for the show.

Pants are under Tight category...
  • Options
    tls1970tls1970 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    Will there be a color guide for the Discovery Uniforms.
  • Options
    I switched one of my Federation Captains and Away Team to the Discovery Outfits.

Admiral Top for the Character and Captain Top for the rest of the Away Team (all Commanders).

Commander Operations for Engineering and Science, Commander Command for Tactical for the Badges.

Color Theme:

Top: B24 B24 A9 (for the Admiral and Tactical) A13 (for Science and Engineering)

Badge: A9 for the Admiral and Tactical, A13 for Engineering and Science.

Pants (Tight Discovery): B24 and A9 or A13 as above.

Boots (Discovery): S1 A16 S1 and A9 or A13 as above.

Simple.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,665 Arc User
    Does the uniform come with Michelle Yeoh too? Please say yes.....

Down, bloodhound! XD
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    Did everyone get STDs today? :p I picked mine up from Promotions. Just glad it's "FREE". :)
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • Options
    claudiusdkclaudiusdk Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    Missing all ensign rank badges, and science commander rank badge, for both player and boffs.
    Also guessing there should also be an ensign uniform? But I am not seeing it anywhere.
    "Please, Captain, not in front of the Klingons."
    Spock to Kirk, as Kirk is about to hug him.
    Star Trek V: "The Final Frontier"