Options

^^##**CONGRATS TO STARFLEET DENTAL!!**##^^

124»

Comments

• Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,395 Arc User
    buschmako wrote: »
    null
    Just another loser disgracing his fleet by being so rude. Thank Q that Starfleet Dental's strict recruiting standards mean outbursts like this never happen and enough creativity is fostered to handily win these contests.

Now now now there's no need to insult people ... There reason this contest turned salty was not because Dental won... It was because this thread was created to shove the winning in other people's face, even if it was not intentional. This resulted in players voicing there opinions towards it, however Dental in it's almighty omnipotence came in and posted their pride over their Fleet... Which imo comes across as having an ego so high (nothing wrong with having a healthy dose of ego towards oneself and ones fleet) that just makes you come across as a troll and really immature...

Also just because someone voted for a fleet that did not win does not mean they are associated with it... It was a public voting after all...

So next time let's try not to insult those who are voicing their opinions and let's bring down our ego a tad bit lower to not come across as immature people...

As for this thread... Wow so much salty people from both sides Dental and Non-Dental (myself included)

Can we get back to topic now?!?! Congratulating Dental for their win, even if we don't like it!?!?

Congrats Dental!!!!
    ^This.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Memorial spheres eh? Omg.....really.
    Aren't your "memorial spheres" bought with gpl?
    What was being memorialized in the fleet action queue?
  • Options
    garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    lsegn wrote: »
    Perhaps it has to do with the low voter turnout. Barely a hundred players voted which could fill SFD and affiliated fleets several times over im sure. I helped create one of the other screenshots and campaigned for my friend who took it and i can say that it would be much easier to accept this as the will of the players if there had been a lot more votes.

There's certainly nothing wrong with campaigning but i don't see how any of the other entries had a chance when SFD has armies of voters at their disposal.

There's also the fact that you didn't really follow the instructions for the contest, we worked hard to create an authentic battle scene with fully canon starfleet ships fighting klingons and its ever so slightly annoying to have some strange looking alien creatures dancing in front of a disco ball come out ahead. I don't mean to imply you didn't put any effort into the screenshot at all but it doesn't differ much from your usual pictures except that it technically takes place in a PVE queue.

So, playing loose with the rules, apparent favoritism from the DEV's, very little creativity or originality, engaging in behavior commonly considered trolling by most of the playerbase, and winning with a very small amount of player votes.... You might see where the frustration stems from. If you'd taken an authentic battle screenshot things might be a lot different.

I try not to beat y'all up, for one thing it's like kicking a disabled person which isn't really fair and second because i can be an **** too sometimes. The difference is, im not in denial about my behavior and I try to make amends when i **** up.

join a bigger community in sto
    peng peng is not very creativ or original
    nabreeki wrote: »
    We were thinking of also giving away the 50k fleet dil prize from the screenshot contest, but we might have an alt storage fleet we can dump it into as well. No use for it in Dental proper. Still talking out the details. Will let people know!

Sorry Troll but you can't give or trade dill in this game.

Sorry ignorant Troll but you can ..

• Options
    comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
    I'll have enough salt to salt my popcorn by the end of the day with this thread...

Geezus!!!
    6tviTDx.png

• Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    Well it seems that all this back and forth will be ongoing for some time. I will pass the time by playing a little game of solitaire.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    I love you Nabreeki, i dont understand why everyone gives you a hard time. Its just a difference of beliefs. You go.
  • Options
    blueweakblueweak Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    I love you Nabreeki, i dont understand why everyone gives you a hard time. Its just a difference of beliefs. You go.

Dear Leader honors you.

Butts
  • Options
    gazurtoidgazurtoid Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    I am not going to mention names, but shame on some people who have posted in this thread. Shame on you!

This was one of the first initiatives by the new Community Manager - a quick and fun little contest allowing people to share images of them and their friends in action. It was a chance to focus the community around the things that many of us like - having fun with friends and fleetmates in PVEs - and to show off pics of this to the forum.

But yet some people cannot control themselves and have to spoil things by complaining and generally being sour, simply because for real or imagined reasons they dislike the winner. This is neither the time nor the place to rehash years' old grudges or prejudices (most of which seem to be based around rumors and events they themselves weren't present at). And in any event, its quite hard to argue that atnquick's entry was not fun nor original - it definitely stood out.

It was also a chance for AmbassadorKael to test the waters and get a feel of what the community is like during contests/events, for whatever initiatives he has planned in future. Disappointingly, the behaviour of some people in this thread will not have given him a good first impression...
    yjkZSeM.gif
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    gazurtoid wrote: »
    I am not going to mention names, but shame on some people who have posted in this thread. Shame on you!

This was one of the first initiatives by the new Community Manager - a quick and fun little contest allowing people to share images of them and their friends in action. It was a chance to focus the community around the things that many of us like - having fun with friends and fleetmates in PVEs - and to show off pics of this to the forum.

But yet some people cannot control themselves and have to spoil things by complaining and generally being sour, simply because for real or imagined reasons they dislike the winner. This is neither the time nor the place to rehash years' old grudges or prejudices (most of which seem to be based around rumors and events they themselves weren't present at). And in any event, its quite hard to argue that atnquick's entry was not fun nor original - it definitely stood out.

It was also a chance for AmbassadorKael to test the waters and get a feel of what the community is like during contests/events, for whatever initiatives he has planned in future. Disappointingly, the behaviour of some people in this thread will not have given him a good first impression...

you do relise this is like an after win celebration right?
  • Options
    technical42ndtechnical42nd Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    Yes, it is. And in proper sto forums tradition, the trolls have come out of the woodwork to disturb the celebrations.
    MywB2KU.gif
    Official STARFLEET DENTAL Bug Hunter
  • Options
    shren#1472 shren Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXcYnWdN_A4
    Starfleet dental getting there sh*t pushed in. I guess they need to win at something ;)
    " Live Long And Assimilate "
  • Options
    technical42ndtechnical42nd Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    That's a video of the false starfleet dental. A group of other goons that have been unsuccessfully attempting to troll us for years by using our name.
    MywB2KU.gif
    Official STARFLEET DENTAL Bug Hunter
  • Options
    Dear Leader had abandoned the false Starfleet Dental because He had known of their corruption and poor gaming skills. Dear Leader had appointed a Successor that had been embroiled in controversy for relations with other members. Dear Leader had appointed me to maintain the purity and sanctity that is Starfleet Dental in the truest form: On Star Trek Online. I led my people to salvation and brought a new era of hope and prosperity to the magnificent fleet known as Starfleet Dental, "World's First Fleet™".

Starfleet Dental honors all who wish to follow the path to true enlightenment. I had appointed Nbreeki as Honorable Chancellor upon my return from my ascension to Dear Leader's realm. I was graced as the prophet and I shall grace all who wish to be enlightened. Join Starfleet Dental Academy and experience what it truly means to play Star Trek Online!

Butts
    Prophet of Starfleet Dental
  • Options
    And some people say they despise Bajorans for their religious views despite doing the exact same thing in their own fleet.
    #TASforSTO
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    nabreeki wrote: »
    Thanks for your passion (if misguided) and your frequent posting!
    You're welcome. Always a pleasure. I intend to keep going, of course, for your own pleasure (within the rules, of course).
    Post edited by saurializard on
    #TASforSTO
  • Options
    STRIKE FIRMLY AGAINST FALSE DENTAL
    “And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy My brothers. And you will know I am Dear Leader when I lay my vengeance upon you”

― Swiss Knight, Book of Butts: Dear Leader Version
  • Options
    chadhughes145chadhughes145 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    I, the FABULOUS Traarbot and devoted member of Nerds of Prey and Starfleet Dental, am proud to serve along side these noble and devoted players. Well done to my brothers and sisters of Starfleet Dental!
  • Options
    byozuma#0956 byozuma Member Posts: 502 Arc User
    I'm neither in any of the fleets involved nor a PC player... and I think the Starfleet Dental screenshot is the better one. What better way to end a queue than with an impromptu dance party? Makes me wish there was something like the discoball for space. I also didn't vote so my opinion counts for a hill of beans, but it does make me an entirely outside voice to the discussion and I find the whole argument silly.

But why not, lets break the screenshots down. The first one doesn't really feel fun, more like a scene from an overly serious part of a ground mission. The Crystalline Entity screenshot looks more like from an event queue than a fleet action. The one with the two Gravity Wells looks interesting, would be more interesting if you had a captain standing in the bottom to complete the 'out a window' feel. And the last one could have been any queue in deepest space where you have a lack of environmental objects. But the Starfleet Dental one looks fun, and would have definitely gotten my vote.
    oldracesbanner.jpg
  • Options
    I'm neither in any of the fleets involved nor a PC player... and I think the Starfleet Dental screenshot is the better one. What better way to end a queue than with an impromptu dance party? Makes me wish there was something like the discoball for space. I also didn't vote so my opinion counts for a hill of beans, but it does make me an entirely outside voice to the discussion and I find the whole argument silly.

But why not, lets break the screenshots down. The first one doesn't really feel fun, more like a scene from an overly serious part of a ground mission. The Crystalline Entity screenshot looks more like from an event queue than a fleet action. The one with the two Gravity Wells looks interesting, would be more interesting if you had a captain standing in the bottom to complete the 'out a window' feel. And the last one could have been any queue in deepest space where you have a lack of environmental objects. But the Starfleet Dental one looks fun, and would have definitely gotten my vote.

It's good to have an outside view on the whole situation. Gives this thread a change of heart for once. Thanks for your input!

-Butts
  • Options
    jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    ... okay I think this went for long enough. <.<
    Closing this.
    Congratulations to the winners.
    /Closed
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

This discussion has been closed.