test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

^^##**CONGRATS TO STARFLEET DENTAL!!**##^^

Comments

• Options
    comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
    I really don't think this thread was necessary to begin with... And Dental winning that can be strange as it shows that we approve exploitation of bugs in game... *Cough* invisible Man, risan swimwear outside of Risa...

But hey, you won so Congrats for that... Deserved? Doubtful, but congrats! :smiley:
    6tviTDx.png

• Options
    lsegnlsegn Member Posts: 594 Arc User
    I find it hilarious that Starfleet Dental acts so shocked when they get such negative responses on the forums.

You reap what you sow.
  • Options
    Perhaps it has to do with the low voter turnout. Barely a hundred players voted which could fill SFD and affiliated fleets several times over im sure. I helped create one of the other screenshots and campaigned for my friend who took it and i can say that it would be much easier to accept this as the will of the players if there had been a lot more votes.

There's certainly nothing wrong with campaigning but i don't see how any of the other entries had a chance when SFD has armies of voters at their disposal.

There's also the fact that you didn't really follow the instructions for the contest, we worked hard to create an authentic battle scene with fully canon starfleet ships fighting klingons and its ever so slightly annoying to have some strange looking alien creatures dancing in front of a disco ball come out ahead. I don't mean to imply you didn't put any effort into the screenshot at all but it doesn't differ much from your usual pictures except that it technically takes place in a PVE queue.

So, playing loose with the rules, apparent favoritism from the DEV's, very little creativity or originality, engaging in behavior commonly considered trolling by most of the playerbase, and winning with a very small amount of player votes.... You might see where the frustration stems from. If you'd taken an authentic battle screenshot things might be a lot different.

I try not to beat y'all up, for one thing it's like kicking a disabled person which isn't really fair and second because i can be an TRIBBLE too sometimes. The difference is, im not in denial about my behavior and I try to make amends when i TRIBBLE up.
  • Options
    Just make sure you don't take your ego to far Nabreeki
    6tviTDx.png

• Options
    All of that being said, i believe everyone deserves a second chance and although i cant speak for everyone im more then willing to give it. But you need to ask first.

It's more then possible everything thats gone wrong between SFD and the general playerbase over the years has mostly been misunderstandings, maybe you just didn't realize how your actions were being taken by others, but you seem to have more or less gotten a better grip on social matters in the last couple years.

However, changing ones behavior isn't enough you still need to make amends. Now theres nothing at all wrong with having a carefree goofy attitude while playing games and im sure most people here might join you in that, but theres a line between being silly and being a troll. Some jokes should only be made in private.
  • Options
    zoerp3zoerp3 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    lsegn wrote: »
    All of that being said, i believe everyone deserves a second chance and although i cant speak for everyone im more then willing to give it. But you need to ask first.

It's more then possible everything thats gone wrong between SFD and the general playerbase over the years has mostly been misunderstandings, maybe you just didn't realize how your actions were being taken by others, but you seem to have more or less gotten a better grip on social matters in the last couple years.

Pretty sure no one from our fleet has asked for your forgiveness, or from the general playerbase for which you don't speak.

rVbcXmk.gif
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    You haters. Nabreeki is the kindest, bravest, warmest, most wonderful human being I've ever known in my life!
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    contrarydecisioncontrarydecision Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    It's only a contest for a very modest amount of resource in an online game. Why do you have to be mad?
  • Options
    psycholandlordpsycholandlord Member Posts: 56 Arc User

However, changing ones behavior isn't enough you still need to make amends. Now theres nothing at all wrong with having a carefree goofy attitude while playing games and im sure most people here might join you in that, but theres a line between being silly and being a troll. Some jokes should only be made in private.

Who are you again?
    4KCfG9C.gif
  • Options
    buschmakobuschmako Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    null
    Just another loser disgracing his fleet by being so rude. Thank Q that Starfleet Dental's strict recruiting standards mean outbursts like this never happen and enough creativity is fostered to handily win these contests.
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Well, I missed the polling entirely....busy, holidays. Congrats, atnquick!
    I enjoy your take on it...keeping it fun. :)
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    Kudos to the forum community for keeping this going long enough that I was able to notice it!

And congratulations to atnquick for the winning picture!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    buschmako wrote: »
    null
    Just another loser disgracing his fleet by being so rude. Thank Q that Starfleet Dental's strict recruiting standards mean outbursts like this never happen and enough creativity is fostered to handily win these contests.

Now now now there's no need to insult people ... There reason this contest turned salty was not because Dental won... It was because this thread was created to shove the winning in other people's face, even if it was not intentional. This resulted in players voicing there opinions towards it, however Dental in it's almighty omnipotence came in and posted their pride over their Fleet... Which imo comes across as having an ego so high (nothing wrong with having a healthy dose of ego towards oneself and ones fleet) that just makes you come across as a troll and really immature...

Also just because someone voted for a fleet that did not win does not mean they are associated with it... It was a public voting after all...

So next time let's try not to insult those who are voicing their opinions and let's bring down our ego a tad bit lower to not come across as immature people...

As for this thread... Wow so much salty people from both sides Dental and Non-Dental (myself included)

Can we get back to topic now?!?! Congratulating Dental for their win, even if we don't like it!?!?

Congrats Dental!!!!
    6tviTDx.png

• Options
    blueweakblueweak Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    Praise the Floss!
  • Options
    atnquickatnquick Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »
    Well, I missed the polling entirely....busy, holidays. Congrats, atnquick!
    I enjoy your take on it...keeping it fun. :)
    And congratulations to atnquick for the winning picture!
    Thank you both for your kind words. :blush:
    coolbatman wrote: »
    huh ? , what contest ?????
    It was a bit unfortunate that the contest was only posted in the news section. I think we'd seen a few more entries it it had been posted or referenced in the General Discussion or Art sections of the forum.
    Maybe something to consider for the next event, @ambassadorkael#6946?
    ltminns wrote: »
    You haters. Nabreeki is the kindest, bravest, warmest, most wonderful human being I've ever known in my life!
    He is, isn't he? :)
    full_jpg.jpg
  • Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 3,032 Arc User

Very well chosen words in your posts this thread and politely said. You speak for many.

Congrats to the fleet who won the contest.
This discussion has been closed.