What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

^^##**CONGRATS TO STARFLEET DENTAL!!**##^^

Comments

• Options
    blueweakblueweak Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    Dear Starfleet Dental,

I am proud to see the fleet that I brought back from the dead to bring hope to other players once again.

Dear Leader salutes you!
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,401 Arc User
    nabreeki wrote: »
    FUTURE! STO's Public Service Fleet!

Really?, the public service fleet? 99.999% of map invites that come from NoP channel are not sourced from dental prime or associated fleets. Name one thing, other than congratulating yourselves in the forums that you actually do for people

The Dental-affiliated giveaways (18bn worth of ships and gear last Shutup Wesley Holiday Giveaway alone!), and celebration of life events for Star Trek stars passed, specifically Leonard Nimoy and Anton Yelchin.

That was two things!
    Oh yes, I remember the Nimoy celebration.

The Westboro Baptist Church would have been proud.

#TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    blueweakblueweak Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    We were thinking of also giving away the 50k fleet dil prize from the screenshot contest, but we might have an alt storage fleet we can dump it into as well. No use for it in Dental proper. Still talking out the details. Will let people know!

My Academy would need the Dilithium more than anything. Starfleet Dental always gives to the children.
  • Options
    garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    FUTURE! STO's Public Service Fleet!

Really?, the public service fleet? 99.999% of map invites that come from NoP channel are not sourced from dental prime or associated fleets. Name one thing, other than congratulating yourselves in the forums that you actually do for people

in game joining party's and giving out prizes ,
    joining "establishment's" Disguised as party's and make it more "fun"
    created public service ,services
  • Options
    officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    I thought the 50k in dil was prize money for the winner of the screenshot atnquick, but they're discussing on how to use it for a fleet project?
    Either he graciously donated it to his fleet or it got comandeered?
  • Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User

Congrats Dental, Your picture was the only one I enjoyed!
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    atnquickatnquick Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    cidjack wrote: »
    Congrats Dental, Your picture was the only one I enjoyed!
    Atquick did a great job with it!
    Thank you, you always say the nicest things. <3

full_jpg.jpg
  • Options
    staq16staq16 Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    SHUT UP. You know full well they are troll players. Don't even pretend to be naive with your BS

I have to say, while in STO's early days Dental did have a well-deserved reputation for trolling (Bridge of Death anyone?) that is now years ago. In recent years their contribution seems to have been much more positive.
  • Options
    gitmomoneysongitmomoneyson Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited December 2016

Shake off the haters, atquick, that was a fantastic contest entry very much in line with the spirit of Star Trek as we know and love it.

Why did you join the contest if you say you don't need the stuff from it. You do know you can't giveaway Fleet dilithium to someone else like you say you are going to have a contest to do so. TROLOLOLOLOL

The reward isn't the point, making something that people enjoy is far more rewarding than 50k dil.
  • Options
    siliconpsychosiliconpsycho Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    valoreah wrote: »

I'd love to see the data you have collected for this. Mind sharing it with us on the forums?

Creating and managing the NoP channels alone are more than most every other fleet in the game has done and will ever do for the STO community.

takes what, 3mins or so to make a channel, then advertise it in a forum post? Do you have data on where NoP channel map invites come from? every. single. time. I've have a map invite from there its some random person in some random fleet hanging out in the channel.

I don't see a lot of managing going on in there either considering the general level of discussion and chat happening in the channel.
  • Options
    siliconpsychosiliconpsycho Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    valoreah wrote: »
    takes what, 3mins or so to make a channel, then advertise it in a forum post? Do you have data on where NoP channel map invites come from? every. single. time. I've have a map invite from there its some random person in some random fleet hanging out in the channel.

I don't see a lot of managing going on in there either considering the general level of discussion and chat happening in the channel.

I don't need to have any data as I'm not the one making claims about the channel and it's usage. You are. I simply asked if you could share the data you have collected with the rest of us on the forums since you seem to have gone through a lot of empirical research to present facts and not biased opinion.

By your own admission, you're getting value from the channel, regardless of how many keystrokes it took to create it. That's fostering far more good in the game for the community at large than most other fleets do.

Ill admit, I have no data. Perhaps we could start a thread asking others who have used the channel where their map invites come from?

Still haven't answered my other question, what, other than NoP channel and congratulating yourself, do you actually do for people?
  • Options
    ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,677 Community Manager
    Let's get back on topic here, folks.
This discussion has been closed.