test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

^^##**CONGRATS TO STARFLEET DENTAL!!**##^^

Comments

• officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Looks like they have the invisible man in their fleet.

Btw, i thought it had to be a fleet action queue? Unless its a disco dance off queue.
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    THE VOTE WAS RIGGED AND WE DEMAND A RECOUNT!!! lol

Congrats dental :)
  • nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    Grats, that's some fearsome boogikido on display. :)
  • chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    It had to be rigged. That dance-dance TRIBBLE is the least good of the five finalists; all the other four were better.
  • atnquickatnquick Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    Congrats dental :)
    Thanks!
    full_jpg.jpg
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,462 Arc User
    Dental, as much fun as a root canal treatment.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    That dance pic shouldn't have even qualified for the vote, it has absolutely nothing to do with a fleet action queue ... also IMHO finalist 1 is the only decent one
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    yBuv5o4.gif​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • tandeloutandelou Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    That dance pic shouldn't have even qualified for the vote, it has absolutely nothing to do with a fleet action queue ... also IMHO finalist 1 is the only decent one

The photo was clearly taken in the central area of the Starbase Incursion PVE - which is very much a fleet action.

• saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,404 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    valoreah wrote: »
    Actually, if that is the map I believe it is, then it is indeed from a fleet queue. I don't believe the rules expressly stated the pic had to be combat related.
    Actually:
    You came out in force for our first ever Fleet Photo Contest, and gave us some great pictures of your fleets together, fighting to defend the galaxy.

But well, it can be interpreted differently, c'est la vie.

#TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    No surprise, a whole poll was bribed by Starflee Demented
  • risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    I didn't really like any of the photo's. I've seen much better screenshots like the ones in the T6 Assault cruiser threads.

Perhaps it's due to the weird lines and special effects of abilities that tends to have a negative impact on the aestethics of space pics. And the ground weapon visuals are in need of an update as well.
    I never make my weapon clearly visible when I'm taking screenshots, certainly not the front part of the duck-like MACO rifle.

So I guess Dental's pic was the best one then after all - at least it was unique. Congrats.
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    sad...the ugliest won...
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo1_400.gif
    tacofangs wrote: »
    STO isn't canon, and neither are any of the books.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    You came out in force for our first ever Fleet Photo Contest, and gave us some great pictures of your fleets together, fighting to defend the galaxy.

But well, it can be interpreted differently, c'est la vie.

"Fighting" does not necessarily involve physical combat with weapons. As you said, it can be interpreted any number of ways.

Perhaps the aliens they encountered challenged them to a dance-off.

Dance-offs and other interesting methods of combat should be implemented in the game. It is egocentric to think that alien races will settle disagreements in the same way that we do. Some might use mud wrestling, dance-offs, Karaoke, or some weird method that we haven't seen before to settle disagreements instead of killing each other or yelling at them.
  • siliconpsychosiliconpsycho Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    FUTURE! STO's Public Service Fleet!

Really?, the public service fleet? 99.999% of map invites that come from NoP channel are not sourced from dental prime or associated fleets. Name one thing, other than congratulating yourselves in the forums that you actually do for people
  • capnspankycapnspanky Member Posts: 8 Arc User

Really?, the public service fleet? 99.999% of map invites that come from NoP channel are not sourced from dental prime or associated fleets. Name one thing, other than congratulating yourselves in the forums that you actually do for people
    Declare victory after losing the popular vote
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    Doesn't matter about the popular vote, it is the Electoral Vote that matters, which doesn't really matter in this case.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    edited December 2016
    All the voters must have been from SD or NoP, i would venture their membership roster is great.

"Name one thing, other than congratulating yourselves in the forums that you actually do for people"
    +1
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    How could anyone say a bad thing about a Fleet that has Glorious Democratic People's Republic in it? For shame, for shame.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • blueweakblueweak Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    Dear Starfleet Dental,

I am proud to see the fleet that I brought back from the dead to bring hope to other players once again.

Dear Leader salutes you!
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,404 Arc User
    nabreeki wrote: »

The Dental-affiliated giveaways (18bn worth of ships and gear last Shutup Wesley Holiday Giveaway alone!), and celebration of life events for Star Trek stars passed, specifically Leonard Nimoy and Anton Yelchin.

That was two things!
    Oh yes, I remember the Nimoy celebration.

The Westboro Baptist Church would have been proud.

#TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • blueweakblueweak Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    We were thinking of also giving away the 50k fleet dil prize from the screenshot contest, but we might have an alt storage fleet we can dump it into as well. No use for it in Dental proper. Still talking out the details. Will let people know!

My Academy would need the Dilithium more than anything. Starfleet Dental always gives to the children.
  • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User

in game joining party's and giving out prizes ,
    joining "establishment's" Disguised as party's and make it more "fun"
    created public service ,services
    I thought the 50k in dil was prize money for the winner of the screenshot atnquick, but they're discussing on how to use it for a fleet project?
    Either he graciously donated it to his fleet or it got comandeered?
  • cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User

Congrats Dental, Your picture was the only one I enjoyed!
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • atnquickatnquick Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    cidjack wrote: »
    Congrats Dental, Your picture was the only one I enjoyed!
    Atquick did a great job with it!
    Thank you, you always say the nicest things. <3

full_jpg.jpg
  • staq16staq16 Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    SHUT UP. You know full well they are troll players. Don't even pretend to be naive with your BS

I have to say, while in STO's early days Dental did have a well-deserved reputation for trolling (Bridge of Death anyone?) that is now years ago. In recent years their contribution seems to have been much more positive.
  • gitmomoneysongitmomoneyson Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited December 2016

Shake off the haters, atquick, that was a fantastic contest entry very much in line with the spirit of Star Trek as we know and love it.

Why did you join the contest if you say you don't need the stuff from it. You do know you can't giveaway Fleet dilithium to someone else like you say you are going to have a contest to do so. TROLOLOLOLOL

The reward isn't the point, making something that people enjoy is far more rewarding than 50k dil.

I'd love to see the data you have collected for this. Mind sharing it with us on the forums?

Creating and managing the NoP channels alone are more than most every other fleet in the game has done and will ever do for the STO community.

takes what, 3mins or so to make a channel, then advertise it in a forum post? Do you have data on where NoP channel map invites come from? every. single. time. I've have a map invite from there its some random person in some random fleet hanging out in the channel.

I don't see a lot of managing going on in there either considering the general level of discussion and chat happening in the channel.
    takes what, 3mins or so to make a channel, then advertise it in a forum post? Do you have data on where NoP channel map invites come from? every. single. time. I've have a map invite from there its some random person in some random fleet hanging out in the channel.

I don't see a lot of managing going on in there either considering the general level of discussion and chat happening in the channel.

I don't need to have any data as I'm not the one making claims about the channel and it's usage. You are. I simply asked if you could share the data you have collected with the rest of us on the forums since you seem to have gone through a lot of empirical research to present facts and not biased opinion.

By your own admission, you're getting value from the channel, regardless of how many keystrokes it took to create it. That's fostering far more good in the game for the community at large than most other fleets do.

Ill admit, I have no data. Perhaps we could start a thread asking others who have used the channel where their map invites come from?

Still haven't answered my other question, what, other than NoP channel and congratulating yourself, do you actually do for people?
This discussion has been closed.