Comments

• Options
    phenomenaut01phenomenaut01 Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    hanover2 wrote: »
    That image is an obvious fake.

yeah, it's really not.
  • Options
    zerokillcf2011zerokillcf2011 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    So just asking, can anyone hop onto tribble to confirm this? Not that I want to doubt the OP, but multiple verification would be comforting that this is a thing that is happening. Thanks in advance!
  • Options
    dragonseye1138dragonseye1138 Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    So just asking, can anyone hop onto tribble to confirm this? Not that I want to doubt the OP, but multiple verification would be comforting that this is a thing that is happening. Thanks in advance!

I've been back and forth on tribble a few times today, and I can confirm that the new sectors are indeed present, but you can't visit them yet. It seems very much in the early stages of development, hence the somewhat haphazard appearance. The current sector map just has copy/pasted placeholders and quite a few new star systems.
    Q is a Magical Girl.
  • Options
    thanks! excitement level just kicked up a gear!
  • Options
    h4p4xh4p4x Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    I too just visited Tribble to confirm, and while it does not yet show on your big map, when you get into AQ and look at your area map, the new sectors appear, looking just like the OP's screenshot.

So yeah, this ain't no lie, people. B)
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    I am all for more space, territory for the Alliance to conquer / colonize / "bring into the Alliance"
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,346 Community Moderator

Just visited Tribble and saw this map:

hHI8vkd.png
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    Very awesome!
  • Options
    hanover2hanover2 Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    The new blocks are an obvious copy and paste of the breen sector with some stars removed. If it's not fake, someone is trying hard to convince me it is.
  • Options
    The new blocks are an obvious copy and paste of the breen sector with some stars removed. If it's not fake, someone is trying hard to convince me it is.

Yes, the new Sectors do appear to use the Breen Sector as a background. Obviously a work in progress. I screenshot my map from Tribble, though, and just cropped out the excess. No alterations were made. It's quite genuine.
    GrWzQke.png
  • Options
    jcsteelejcsteele Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    Fantastic! This'll give my T6 Tac Oddys a chance to stretch their legs, as it were.
  • Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    Cool beans. Looks good...hopefully you also do something about getting stuck inside stars.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    Still think it would be cool to have a mission where we have to visit the Tholian Dyson Sphere.
  • Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    tacofangs wrote: »
    aside from that having ferasa about is great.... does beg the question of WHAT THE HELL they are doing as a Klink "ally" but ok...

wwii-powers-2-728.jpg?cb=1265935845

Just so you guys know, Tacofangs mentioned on Reddit that they're about at the limit to which they can expand the map for the AQ.

Our game starts wigging out when you get more than about 10,000' from the origin of the map. Each Sector is 2500'x2500'. So the hypothetically biggest sector space map we could make would be 8x8 (4 sectors in each direction from 0,0,0.) Beta is currently 6x7, and Alpha is now 5x7.

Actually Taco, the Alpha Quadrant is at a current 4x5 map on holodeck, while on tribble, you guys made it 7x5 map.
    Our game starts wigging out when you get more than about 15,000' from the origin of the map. Each Sector is 2000'x2000'. So the hypothetically biggest sector space map we could make would be 7x7 (or 8x8 if we're pushing our luck). Beta is currently 6x7, and Alpha is now 5x7.
    So what you're saying is that there is very little hope for future map expansions(of the Alpha/Beta quad)?

I'm kinda said. was hoping y'all would expand it down one row to the south so y'all could get Talos in there.

Was also hoping y'all would expand the Beta Quad up by one sector so you could put Nimbus and Romulus in their place..... literally!.

It is sad to know that we can't fit everywhere into the game without resorting to adding map transitions again (the whole point of the new sector space maps was the walls down approach) but they have to work within the limits of the programming they're using. What we can hope for is that they may eventually open up the Gamma Quadrant and maybe extend the Delta Quadrant more for exploration purposes.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    ^Wow, impressive. Nerd alert or good researcher.
  • Options
    tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    Our game starts wigging out when you get more than about 15,000' from the origin of the map. Each Sector is 2000'x2000'. So the hypothetically biggest sector space map we could make would be 7x7 (or 8x8 if we're pushing our luck). Beta is currently 6x7, and Alpha is now 5x7.
    So what you're saying is that there is very little hope for future map expansions(of the Alpha/Beta quad)?

I'm kinda said. was hoping y'all would expand it down one row to the south so y'all could get Talos in there.

Was also hoping y'all would expand the Beta Quad up by one sector so you could put Nimbus and Romulus in their place..... literally!.

I updated my numbers, but even with our 5x7 & 6x7 quadrants, there is room to grow. . . a bit more.

That said, this is just the limitations we're working within at the moment. It would take some coding to change that, but it's not out of the realm of possibility.

For now. . . let's just enjoy the expanded AQ. . .

Not fake, just a super quick, placeholder overhead map until we get UI time.
    Remember folks, this is Tribble. It's not finished.

aside from that having ferasa about is great.... does beg the question of WHAT THE HELL they are doing as a Klink "ally" but ok...

Just so you guys know, Tacofangs mentioned on Reddit that they're about at the limit to which they can expand the map for the AQ.

Our game starts wigging out when you get more than about 10,000' from the origin of the map. Each Sector is 2500'x2500'. So the hypothetically biggest sector space map we could make would be 8x8 (4 sectors in each direction from 0,0,0.) Beta is currently 6x7, and Alpha is now 5x7.

Actually Taco, the Alpha Quadrant is at a current 4x5 map on holodeck, while on tribble, you guys made it 7x5 map.

. . . isn't that what I said. . . ?

Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    edited December 2016

I updated my numbers, but even with our 5x7 & 6x7 quadrants, there is room to grow. . . a bit more.

That said, this is just the limitations we're working within at the moment. It would take some coding to change that, but it's not out of the realm of possibility.

Agreed. The Beta Quadrant has had enough attention for most of the game. Let's focus on the quadrant that has a merely 9 missions to do pre-level 60, and 5 missions post level 60 that take place there.

]

Not fake, just a super quick, placeholder overhead map until we get UI time.
    Remember folks, this is Tribble. It's not finished.

. . . isn't that what I said. . . ?

To most people who don't go on tribble or have no idea about this, they may get confused. That's why I stated the difference between holodeck and tribble. ;)

Whenever this update is coming out (probably since we're due in February for the next lock box, the anniversary), we'll be at that point.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options

I have no doubt that we will enjoy the expanded AQ. Your work is always appreciated, @tacofangs
    GrWzQke.png
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    *Waves tacofangs iz #1 giant foam finger*

I don't have anything constructive to add, just being a cheerleader. ^.^
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,043 Community Moderator
    HAIL TACOFANGS! OUR FORUM OVERLORD!

Lookin' good as always man! Since K-13 was right next to Breen space in the current map, some of my fleet had been wondering how the Breen would react to a Fed presence so close to their border after the Deferi Incident (Breen arc).
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1

Kind of a bad analogy since most of the "allies" were subject states of the colonial empires, or just a laughable addition. But the axis powers kinda shows my point, exactly how many japanese troops aided germany or vice versa? They were just too far apart physically(lets just not get into ideology) to support each other. Ferasa/Qo'nos is a similar situation.

On the flip side, this kills that popular forum argument against adding disgusting spoonheads to the RR...
  • Options
    nebfabnebfab Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Hm... Out of nowhere, spontaneously and without knowing the news I've bought the Ferasan unlock yesterday and made a Ferasan alt. (Actually, not quite out of nowhere... The plan was to do it on Black Friday, but I've ended up being short some zen after going for the full sci bundle, instead of just the warbird.)

Anyway, it's really exciting news, and not only for cat people.
  • Options
    officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    Ferasan/Tzenkethi ships coming?
    Hope theyre not a science loving people.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    I don't get this at all. We have the 23rd Century map, which is small. Then we have Kirk's Enterprise running into the First Federation on these new maps in the Alpha Quadrant way off out of 23rd Century map.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns