What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

---NEW SECTOR MAP ON TRIBBLE---

Comments

• Options
    zerokillcf2011zerokillcf2011 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    In the Star Fleet Battles gaming universe, the Tholian Holdfast is depicted as having migrated to our galaxy by transporting their home world which is described to be similar to a mobile Dyson sphere.
  • Options
    tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    I'm gonna be upset if we have Ferasa on the map and not Cait. WE DEMAND KITTY EQUALITY!

...and purchasable tails and ears in the tailor for our Alien kitties...
    Cait is likely never going to be on the map. It's like 5 sectors south of the current Alpha Quadrant map, and theres nothing for like 2-3 sector in all directions from it.

It is, quite literally, in the middle of nowhere.

So move it. I'm pretty sure players would prefer the planet be in the wrong spot than not in the game at all.​​

ORLY?

:::cough:::Earth:::cough:::Nimbus:::cough:::

I'm gonna be upset if we have Ferasa on the map and not Cait. WE DEMAND KITTY EQUALITY!

Cait is likely never going to be on the map. It's like 5 sectors south of the current Alpha Quadrant map, and theres nothing for like 2-3 sector in all directions from it.

So move it. I'm pretty sure players would prefer the planet be in the wrong spot than not in the game at all.​​

depends... put it there just to have a pip on a map? no... don't bother. Something pointless like andoria? Again, waste of dev time.

Yeah, this. If we had a story/mission reason to see Cait, we'd find a way to work it into the map. But without that, I'm not going to go around moving entire systems out of place, just so people can look at it in sector space.
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ORLY?

This.

If it's gonna be in the wrong place, might as well not even have it in the game. It's bad enough the devs are willing to move stuff around for the sake of "gameplay" as it is.​​
  • Options
    storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    There are lots of cats (ferrasan) people here but so are those that hate cats.

If there are thought of having Ferrasan ever expand could you at least develop Antica and Beta Renna? To counterbalance cat people there should be developed the canine Anticans species. I'm hoping this expansion is more geared to k-13 than Ferrasan but if not you people need to have some balance to the kitties running amok.

tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • Options
    nyzam45nyzam45 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    I agree with a few points people have made here so far. I love Star Trek and STO, but I'm obviously not as knowledgeable to everything in its lore as some people are, especially when it comes to things like system location. If most players, like at the very least 60-70% of players are in the same boat as me, seeing Cait on the map at all would be good enough I'd say. I know some people would be upset about it's location, but as you've mentioned before Taco, it's literally impossible to place every system where it's supposed to be without making many more sector maps.

And while yes mission/purpose-wise it wouldn't serve any immediate goal, it would leave it open for future possibilities, and a foundry door for a lot of devoted players. Not to mention an avenue for possible patrol missions or something like that in the future too.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    Sirius has always been known at the Dog Star. Have them chase the Ferrasan back home.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    kN7z7hT.png

I was expecting this. since the Tzenkethi were mentioned in the last FE. And they are up to no good. I expect them to show up at some point in STO.

• Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,455 Community Moderator

ORLY?

I LOL'd at this, @tacofangs

depends... put it there just to have a pip on a map? no... don't bother. Something pointless like andoria? Again, waste of dev time.

Yeah, this. If we had a story/mission reason to see Cait, we'd find a way to work it into the map. But without that, I'm not going to go around moving entire systems out of place, just so people can look at it in sector space.

I would love to see Cait in Sector Space as well, but adding it in the "wrong" place and without a mission doesn't seem worth it. That being said... is this a hint that there will be a mission to Ferasa?? :)

And speaking of Ferasa, it would seem that according to the Caitian/Ferasan DOFF mission chain that the Caitians originated on Ferasa at some point in their history. Perhaps they can share the "homeworld" as a compromise?

storules wrote: »
    There are lots of cats (ferrasan) people here but so are those that hate cats.

If there are thought of having Ferrasan ever expand could you at least develop Antica and Beta Renna? To counterbalance cat people there should be developed the canine Anticans species. I'm hoping this expansion is more geared to k-13 than Ferrasan but if not you people need to have some balance to the kitties running amok.

I would love to see the Anticans and Selay in the game as playable species. It would be equally cool to give them to the Romulans, since they are woefully lacking in race options.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    I would love to see the Anticans and Selay in the game as playable species. It would be equally cool to give them to the Romulans, since they are woefully lacking in race options.

Yes please! to the races, but not sure about RR specific.
  • Options
    h4p4xh4p4x Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    I think maybe Gorn could be anti-cat; after all, I have a cat and no he is no friend of the lizard.

Wow -- maybe here's the hook you've been looking for, story-wise, to get Cait in here: "GORN CAT-TASTROPHE." Make it a daily. Oh, and have a new Caitian weapon that slings kitties at them, that would be awesome too.
  • Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,336 Arc User

ORLY?

Taco, I can easily disprove what you said by stating that you've technically already did this with one system: Cestus.

Cestus, using the Star Chart is 5 sectors farther down than where you guys have placed it. It also has no real use other than a Foundry door, other than to be looked at.

Even if you guys don't use it official missions, the very least you guys could do is add Cait down to the edge of the Dubhe sector so that Cait and Ferasa can be on the same map for the moment. It could still be used as a Foundry door and that would make people happy.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,455 Community Moderator

Yes please! to the races, but not sure about RR specific.

I said Romulans, because of their lack of options mostly. Plus, it would give them something akin to Caitians and Ferasans. Otherwise, I could suggest the Skorr, Ursinoids, or Vedala, all from TAS, to give Romulans some "furry" options. ;)
    But both of those species are part of the Federation.

The only species that really makes sense to give to the Romulans are the Suliban, which SHOULD have been part of LoR since the beginning IMO.

Especially since you meet the Suliban in an early Rom mission as well.

I know that they applied for Federation membership, but I cannot find anywhere in canon that they were officially granted membership. If they weren't given membership, then that leaves them open for use by any faction. And yes, I know that their homeworld is way out of the way to be considered for Romulan inclusion, and therefore doesn't really make sense. See above again for alternate "furry" options for Romulans. Perhaps Antican and Selay parts could be added to the Alien-gen options as a compromise.

I agree that Suliban should be a Romulan option. Same could probably be said of Acamarians. All have that sort of refugee status.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    Is there some ERP aspect to these cat species? Is it the tail?
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Is there some ERP aspect to these cat species? Is it the tail?

No, the tail is DERP. :P
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    As a slightly off-topic, mild observation, I find it funny (in a good way) how much all y'all know about Trek. In my circles, knowing the difference between Star Wars and Star Trek is already considered a huge accomplishment. :) And yet, if this thread shows anything, then it shows I know absolutely nothing! I know we have 4 Quadrants, that were're in Alpha sector (or Beta, according to some weird Dev logic), that the Klink is in Beta, the Rom in Gamma, and the Dominion in Delta. That's pretty much the sum total of my topological Trek knowledge. :)

Same with ships: y'all know all these class types, what saucer goes on what, etc. Me? I can tell Fed apart from Klink or Rom. And I know Picard's ship, and the TOS Connie, and the Defiant, and maybe a few others, but that's it. The rest I need to look up, LOL.

I find it bewildering y'all know so much about canon. To continue the cat jokes (are they gonna be the new Gorn?), I know when the cat's out of the bag, whereas you actually know where said bag is located. :)

As you were!
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    You got some of the Quadrants wrong. ;)
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    And yet, if this thread shows anything, then it shows I know absolutely nothing! I know we have 4 Quadrants, that were're in Alpha Quadrant sector (or Beta, according to some weird Dev logic), that the Klink is in Beta, the Rom in Gamma Beta, and the Dominion in Delta Gamma. That's pretty much the sum total of my topological Trek knowledge. :)

FIFY. :P
  • Options

ORLY?

Isn't that was 99.5% of the game is pips on a map that people can see in sector space that serve zero function or purpose

Uh, no. . .

The vast majority of systems in Sector Space have SOME content associated with them. The only ones that are just icons, are things like Betazed & Trill, which were added when we rebuilt Sector Space and they were the most prominent system in the sector they were in, and it seemed dumb to leave them out, and name the sector something else.

There are more of those in the expanded AQ (and I'm afraid Ferasa is one of them), but the majority of systems in the game have something to do there.

ORLY?

Taco, I can easily disprove what you said by stating that you've technically already did this with one system: Cestus.

Cestus, using the Star Chart is 5 sectors farther down than where you guys have placed it.

Correct, Cestus is WAY out of place. The difference is that Cestus was ALREADY in old Sector Space, and we weren't going to get rid of it (and rewrite missions, and hose Foundry authors) just to get rid of it. Same with the Mutara Nebula.

Cait was not in old Sector Space, so it doesn't have the same precedent.
  • Options
    And yet, if this thread shows anything, then it shows I know absolutely nothing! I know we have 4 Quadrants, that were're in Alpha Quadrant sector (or Beta, according to some weird Dev logic), that the Klink is in Beta, the Rom in Gamma Beta, and the Dominion in Delta Gamma. That's pretty much the sum total of my topological Trek knowledge. :)

FIFY. :P

Hahaha! :) Guess that shows how much I know.

P.S. Now that you mention it, I kinda knew Dominion was in the Gamma Quadrant (and Janeway in Delta). But I'm surprised to hear Roms are in Beta too. So, is Gamma just empty then?!
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    So, is Gamma just empty then?!
    The Gamma Quadrant is the least explored in the shows, but it has The Dominion, as well as a number of non Dominion races.

Here is a map of the known Gamma quadrant
    fLJovHo.jpg

Thanks. :) Iconians were apparently in there too.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    The Iconian visited all areas of the Milky Way, their home world is in the beta quadrant, and they mostly live in the andromeda galaxy.

Andromeda is the biggest galaxy near us with an estimated 1 trillion stars compared to the milky way's 200-400 billion. In trek andromeda was referenced twice, in cats paw some "old ones" were said to come from it, and in the infamous original "its green" scene with Scotty (not the homage with data) it is the home of a race called the kelvans.