Comments

• Options
    bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    Cool​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • Options
    byozuma#0956 byozuma Member Posts: 502 Arc User
    Ah, expanding on Alpha. Always did feel small, maybe Delta will be next?
    oldracesbanner.jpg
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,359 Community Moderator
    Awesome. I've been hoping that they'd expand Alpha to the size of Beta.
    Ah, expanding on Alpha. Always did feel small, maybe Delta will be next?

I always felt that they should've done the Delta Quadrant the way Sector Space originally was, except utilizing transwarp gates to get from one sector map to another to give the illusion that you were actually travelling across great distances. As it is, the Delta Quadrant seems small compared to the show since they seem to have crammed all of Voyager's journey into it.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    aurigas7aurigas7 Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    Well, I have a sneaking suspicion where this leads... Remember echos of light ? Kuumaarke: This is Tzenketi technology !

We have a new baddy !
    Vorcha_forward.jpg
  • Options
    nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    Mmm. Fesarius Sector...
  • Options
    sorceror01sorceror01 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    aurigas7 wrote: »
    Well, I have a sneaking suspicion where this leads... Remember echos of light ? Kuumaarke: This is Tzenketi technology !

We have a new baddy !

That much was obvious, though.

I am glad to see where Ferasa is, finally. Though wow, they are certainly out there.
    ".... you're gonna have a bad time."
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,395 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    sorceror01 wrote: »
    I am glad to see where Ferasa is, finally. Though wow, they are certainly out there.
    The Caitian homeworld is even further out.

Its like 5 sectors south of the current Alpha Quadrant map, in the literal middle of nowhere, right on the border of the Tholian Assembly.
    Cat people near arachnid people making giant balls of threads... Oh my.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    boachevboachev Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    Sauria sector! It really is the Christmas season!
  • Options
    officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    This is nice, happy to see this.

Maybe someday we can get a gamma quadrant because as of now we dont actually have quadrants but triads/trisections.
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited December 2016
    Am I the only one that saw the first federation area in the expanded zone and thought 'plot hook?' esp for TOS characters

aside from that having ferasa about is great.... does beg the question of WHAT THE HELL they are doing as a Klink "ally" but ok...

now wheres my t6 ferasan dreadnever carrier?
  • Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    Just so you guys know, Tacofangs mentioned on Reddit that they're about at the limit to which they can expand the map for the AQ.

Also, travel via the edge of the current old border is currently not possible via normal means due to Taco forgeting to move the boundary volume for that section of the map, making K13's new location inaccessable without using transwarp if you're in a fleet, or exiting the map after you've reached that area going through the mission.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    staq16staq16 Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    Well, the Ferasans are certainly in the right place to be Kzinit expys who fought a war with Earth in the 22nd century.

• Options
    plaztikman64plaztikman64 Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    Thanks for sharing all the intel guys, can't wait to explore this! New stuffz ftw!! :)
  • Options
    askatusaskatus Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    So am I the only one who looked at this and thought:

"It's a faaaake!"
    You shoot me down
    But I respawn
    I am duranium!
  • Options
    zerokillcf2011zerokillcf2011 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    Ok....this is badarse. GIMME GIMME GIMME!
  • Options
    zerokillcf2011zerokillcf2011 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    Although speaking of the Kzinti....I do really really really miss drones as a weapon. Here, meet my swarm of missiles......and didn't Voyager have that episode with the cloaking cardassian missile thing?
  • Options
    tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited December 2016
    aside from that having ferasa about is great.... does beg the question of WHAT THE HELL they are doing as a Klink "ally" but ok...

wwii-powers-2-728.jpg?cb=1265935845

Just so you guys know, Tacofangs mentioned on Reddit that they're about at the limit to which they can expand the map for the AQ.

Our game starts wigging out when you get more than about 10,000' from the origin of the map. Each Sector is 2500'x2500'. So the hypothetically biggest sector space map we could make would be 8x8 (4 sectors in each direction from 0,0,0.) Beta is currently 6x7, and Alpha is now 5x7.
    Post edited by tacofangs on
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • Options
    captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,627 Arc User
    Yay! More space to explore and make stories for in the Foundry! (Ferasa is terrific, as well as a couple other sectors that would be great story lead-ins!)

Does this mean 20 Draconis (K-13) will be moved? I sure hope so. I understand it should be in a remote area, but I don't think having RIGHT NEXT to the Breen homeworld was a good idea.
  • Options
    hanover2hanover2 Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    That image is an obvious fake.
  • Options
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Our game starts wigging out when you get more than about 15,000' from the origin of the map. Each Sector is 2000'x2000'. So the hypothetically biggest sector space map we could make would be 7x7 (or 8x8 if we're pushing our luck). Beta is currently 6x7, and Alpha is now 5x7.
    So what you're saying is that there is very little hope for future map expansions(of the Alpha/Beta quad)?

I'm kinda said. was hoping y'all would expand it down one row to the south so y'all could get Talos in there.

Was also hoping y'all would expand the Beta Quad up by one sector so you could put Nimbus and Romulus in their place..... literally!.

Maybe they can't expand the map beyond 8x8, but they could always add more 8x8 maps. :D
    GrWzQke.png
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    tacofangs wrote: »

wwii-powers-2-728.jpg?cb=1265935845

Our game starts wigging out when you get more than about 10,000' from the origin of the map. Each Sector is 2500'x2500'. So the hypothetically biggest sector space map we could make would be 8x8 (4 sectors in each direction from 0,0,0.) Beta is currently 6x7, and Alpha is now 5x7.
    ^^^^
    Time to go for 64bit precision on your game engine, eh? ;)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    Maybe they can't expand the map beyond 8x8, but they could always add more 8x8 maps. :D
    Well, they could fit those places in there if it was 8x8.

But given the way he talked about "pushing their luck" with an 8x8 map, i found it unlikely they would take it so far just to move a few places to their right spots.

And while I get that what you said was a joke. I doubt they will add more 8x8 maps to the Alpha or Beta Quads. As it is, with the maps they have now, they cover like 90% of everything from the Star charts that is in the Alpha/Beta quads, that isn't some far flung system in the middle of nowhere at least.

There really isn't enough to justify another actual map IMO.

Not really a joke. I'd love to see them map the whole galaxy, but I also realize that's not likely to happen, as even in canon only a fraction of the galaxy has been explored.

If 8x8 is pushing it, then maybe 7x7 is would be safe. My OCD demands a perfect square. LOL :D

I had hoped they'd do the Delta Quadrant as mulitple large maps like old Sector Space with the map transitions being done using transwarp gates to simulate the vast distances that Voyager transversed.
    GrWzQke.png
  • Options
    Not really a joke. I'd love to see them map the whole galaxy, but I also realize that's not likely to happen, as even in canon only a fraction of the galaxy has been explored.

If 8x8 is pushing it, then maybe 7x7 is would be safe. My OCD demands a perfect square. LOL :D

I had hoped they'd do the Delta Quadrant as mulitple large maps like old Sector Space with the map transitions being done using transwarp gates to simulate the vast distances that Voyager transversed.
    I can understand why they wouldn't do the Delta Quad like that.

While it would be more fitting with the TV show, it would make it an utter pain to travel through in-game as some of the areas Voyager visited weren't even half a sector long.

Perhaps those smaller areas could've been included in one map or another, or left out entirely if they weren't that significant. My point is that the Delta Quadrant map in game, seems ridiculously small when compared to Alpha and Beta, especially when considering the size of the area it's supposed to represent from the show.
    GrWzQke.png