Install Arc
Options

naj'sov: [Issue Resolved-and in under a year!!]

Comments

• Options
    nebfabnebfab Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    nikeix wrote: »
    It's a fascinating "bug" indeed that not only disables it on the ship, but neatly goes through and trims the text out of the product description...
    What the devs most likely do with those 3-packs is to make the one faction ship first, then copy/paste internal database entries, copy/paste stat texts, then edit in all the differences: 3D model(s) it uses, fluff text, and stats...

So, all it takes is one guy (probably overworked, with several major events in 2 months and 2 ship releases in 2 weeks) thinking about turkeys and in-laws and forgetting Klingons are supposed to cloak.

Again, this isn't exactly the first time for the mess-up almost exactly like that.

That said it might be intentional, but I'd be surprised. There's no reason I could see for pulling the cloak. There are multiple cloaking sci vessels out there already, and no one really cares.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    It's a fascinating "bug" indeed that not only disables it on the ship, but neatly goes through and trims the text out of the product description...

What's so fascinating about that? Having the ship stats copypasted from actual game data is to be expected.
  • Options
    zulisvelzulisvel Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    I can't get in game right now but one way to check if this is intentional or not is to look at the stats. KDF ships get a lower base hull and shield compared to their FED counterparts in exchange for that built in cloaking. If the stats on both ships in game are identical in system space than this was intentional, if the Naj’sov has a lower base shield and hull than the Sutherland and no cloak then something is bugged.
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    zulisvel wrote: »
    I can't get in game right now but one way to check if this is intentional or not is to look at the stats. KDF ships get a lower base hull and shield compared to their FED counterparts in exchange for that built in cloaking. If the stats on both ships in game are identical in system space than this was intentional, if the Naj’sov has a lower base shield and hull than the Sutherland and no cloak then something is bugged.

That's not always the case. Often Romulans get lower hull AND shields while KDF gets slightly higher hull and lower shields.

Either way, if no cloak is intended on the Naj'sov (honestly I'm thinking that's untrue, they probably just forgot to put it on the ship - descriptions are notoriously imprecise/faulty), don't count on them correcting the blog. I remember posting several bug reports on several erroneous blogs/shipstore descriptions/C-store descriptions/ship box descriptions and afaik none were fixed. I stopped caring about three years ago.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    nebfab wrote: »
    What the devs most likely do with those 3-packs is to make the one faction ship first, then copy/paste internal database entries, copy/paste stat texts, then edit in all the differences: 3D model(s) it uses, fluff text, and stats...

So you're thinking they copy pasted the Naj’sov Research Vessel stats from the Sutherland... when they could have copied it from the Naj’sov? The altered text being already done in the blog, assuming it's actually supposed to have a cloak in its final push-to-Live form.

Its a theory, but maybe not a good one.

We'll see. I still find it easier to see one deliberate change where others are hoping they see two perfectly symmetrical goofs. Maybe it will get a cloak, but then I'll also be curious to see the justification for it being equivalent to the Sutherland in every other way and then a free cloak on top of that. At least with the Laeosa there are several other changes at the same time. Singularity abilities are neat, but -10 Aux is always gonna sting on a pure science vessel.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    So you're thinking they copy pasted the Naj’sov Research Vessel stats from the Sutherland... when they could have copied it from the Naj’sov? The altered text being already done in the blog, assuming it's actually supposed to have a cloak in its final push-to-Live form.

We'll see. I still find it easier to see one deliberate change where others are hoping they see two perfectly symmetrical goofs. Maybe it will get a cloak, but then I'll also be curious to see the justification for it being equivalent to the Sutherland in every other way and then a free cloak on top of that. At least with the Laeosa there are several other changes at the same time. Singularity abilities are neat, but -10 Aux is always gonna sting on a pure science vessel.
    One of the key differences between sing and warp cores is that Sing cores give you a power level buff based on Sing charge. Of course for max effect you can't use the sing powers.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,281 Arc User
    that's not hard to do, since singularity powers were TRIBBLE when they were released and they're even more TRIBBLE now after everything got its HP and shields increased 17x​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,413 Arc User
    The Qib is superior to the Eclipse, and it also has battle cloak, while Eclipse only has cloak. KDF getting somewhat more powerful stuff, just like Rom faction, gives added incentive to existing Fed players to expand, play them, and buy more stuff including endless character bound duplicates. The recent faction-bound lockbox ships (T'Laru, Dx4) and other items continue this trend.

Romulans receiving the most advanced stuff is as far as I read into it is intended for advanced players who've played plenty of Fed and KDF to dabble in initially-lower power scenarios with more micro-managing (singularity charge, more battle cloaks and enhanced battle cloaks, singularity abilities, weaker hulls, DHC).

Lower overall power from a singularity core isn't a limitation that can't be overcome. Aux overcapping was recently nerfed so that gains are somewhat less than they used to be. Science abilities don't drain Aux subsystem power, unlike energy weapons which do pull from invisible overcap and do require fast replenishing to feed their damage. Singularity cores come in many varieties too, each adding subsystem power boosts to where you want it, except for weapons power. Recently the temporal rep core also has added exotic damage boost, making it superior to regular warp cores for that purpose. There are also two consoles from the C-store that can be chained together to keep singularity online and charged real fast if receiving energy damage not to mention doffs and item bonuses. Of course that consumes previous slots and aren't worth it, but for newer characters these can help leveling and to overcome limitations where they do make an impact.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • Options
    There are also two consoles from the C-store that can be chained together to keep singularity online and charged real fast if receiving energy damage not to mention doffs and item bonuses. Of course that consumes previous slots and aren't worth it, but for newer characters these can help leveling and to overcome limitations where they do make an impact.
    They are more useful if you have the other parts of the set. The best part of cross-faction lockbox consoles was that they yanked Projected Singularity from the D'D. Why is that GOOD? Well it used to be that Romulans could only use it on the D'd. Now Romulans can pull the console from the D'd and use it on whatever they want. :D IIRC one of the singularity recharge consoles has a set bonus with it.

The OTHER one... Not as generic. The set bonus buffs the T'Varo hyper torpedo.
    latest?cb=20060927175615&path-prefix=en
    So if you're flying a Malem, maybe, otherwise, no.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    "that style of ship"? Methinks you drank a few too many cups of haterade.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    admiralkogaradmiralkogar Member Posts: 875 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Good thing I love my K'tinga so much.

Qapla'!
    I haven't spent a lot of time tinkering yet, but the Naj'sov definitely seems like a solid science ship so far.

That may well be. I will not rush to judgement on that part. I will say that from almost day one of my time in this game, it has served me well enough to find one or two solid, and common ships, and go with them by default.

I'd like to see more things getting released for the KDF. I love the other factions also (don't tell anyone) but I am first a Klingon, and it takes a lot to drag me away from my K'tinga for very long. For my Fed I found something to drag me away from my Recon Sci with the T6 Connie. My main Klingon is still waiting to find that 'special' ship. This is in spite of having my share of T6 across the board. Maybe I'm stubborn?

I already have the Varanus. I'm not sure I need to have it twice. ;)

Well, tomorrow is another future.

For what it's worth, I could probably live without the cloak (in spite of just skipping this).

I am prone to ignore the cloak a lot of the time with my K'tinga anyway. :)

Qapla'!
  • Options
    stofskstofsk Member Posts: 1,744 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    The DC issue isn't a deal breaker. I'd have used a torp/sciboat hybrid anyway.

The cloak issue is very close to being a deal breaker though. I see no earthly reason for it not to have a cloak.

I am really hoping this is a bug and not a late design choice. I swear to god if I hear in a month's time Geko get onto a podcast and smug it up and say 'See I told you KDF science vessels don't sell' I will scream
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    stofsk wrote: »
    I am really hoping this is a bug and not a late design choice. I swear to god if I hear in a month's time Geko get onto a podcast and smug it up and say 'See I told you KDF science vessels don't sell' I will scream

That's funny because that was my first thought as well when I saw this. That they would pull something like this so people don't buy it and then use it later as an excuse to not make Klingon Ships.

I certainly hope it's a bug because it's a completely unnecessary and nonsensical change. I would be willing to bet that most people who buy this ship will assume it has a cloak and honestly.. so would I. It's something that's just part of every KDF ship, not something people usually check first to verify.

The ship absolutely should have a cloak. Does the Romulan one still cloak?
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    patrickngo wrote: »

That's funny because that was my first thought as well when I saw this. That they would pull something like this so people don't buy it and then use it later as an excuse to not make Klingon Ships.

I certainly hope it's a bug because it's a completely unnecessary and nonsensical change. I would be willing to bet that most people who buy this ship will assume it has a cloak and honestly.. so would I. It's something that's just part of every KDF ship, not something people usually check first to verify.

per early reports the Romulan one indeed cloaks. IN fact, it has a Battle Cloak, and unlike the KDF, you can mount dual cannons on the romulan ship.

I'm going to assume it's a bug then. There is no reason why they should remove it from the KDF ship, especially if the Romulan one still cloaks. Every KDF and Romulan ship should be able to cloak it's one of their basic features for all ships. Hopefully, it's addressed soon, but right now my money is on it being a bug.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    Ignore pat's Varanus comparison. This ship is a lot more flexible in layout than the Varanus ever will be, at least until they make it T6. Also it gets temporal space magic to go with the regular space magic.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    admiralkogaradmiralkogar Member Posts: 875 Arc User
    For what it's worth, I could probably live without the cloak (in spite of just skipping this).

I am prone to ignore the cloak a lot of the time with my K'tinga anyway. :)

Qapla'!
    Ignore pat's Varanus comparison. This ship is a lot more flexible in layout than the Varanus ever will be, at least until they make it T6. Also it gets temporal space magic to go with the regular space magic.

Fair, I do intend to study it. I may still buy it, even without the cloak.

Qapla'!
  • Options
    edited November 2016

per early reports the Romulan one indeed cloaks. IN fact, it has a Battle Cloak, and unlike the KDF, you can mount dual cannons on the romulan ship.

I can confirm it battle cloaks just fine. Didn't notice whether or not it accepts cannons.
  • Options

I have no great hopes or fears about it either way, TBH, I just think you have a quite elevated notion of what a dev company looks like during the holiday season.

Nebfab's razor: "never attribute to careful design and logic that what could be adequately explained by holiday-induced crunch and chaos."
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Cryptic doing Copy & Paste of ship stats is nothing new. The first, most obvious one was years ago when LOR released. With that big update, the Elachi Monbosh was released. However, I was quick to notice how similar the stats the Monbosh were to the KDF's T5 Fleet Vor'Cha.
    http://sto.gamepedia.com/Elachi_Monbosh_Battleship
    http://sto.gamepedia.com/Fleet_Tor'Kaht_Battle_Cruiser_Retrofit

The Monbosh's stats were so close to the Fleet Vor'Cha that it included the Klingon' ship's standard cloak, which Cryptic promptly removed from the Elachi ship a few days after LOR released.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    I had read the blog and assumed it had cloak when I bought the bundle. False advertising comes to mind when I think about this but I'll give Cryptic the benefit of the doubt and give them some time to fix this error.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    The missing cloak has to be a mistake, as does the (for me more important) missing Tier 6 ship material. But will the fix it? Before or after the Bird of Prey gets its missing costume options? The Nebula has now 4 full hull variants with an extra option for center pylon and mission module, and the Klingons got one hull material less than they should have?

Anyway, this isn't a Tier 6 Varanus.
    It has Lt.Cmdr Universal slot. It also has a Lt.Cmdr Engineering|Temporal. This allows you to genuinely build the ship in different directions.

Quite frankly, patrickngo, if you don't play Fed and refuse to spend money on them, chances are you have flown extremely few Tier 6 Science Vessels. I fly Science Vessels all the time, and I own them all.
    Yes, the Tier 6 Multi-Mission Science Vessel will probably be better, but many full-spec ship 3-packs are better than their non-full-spec cousins. I am not going to stick on the MMSV for long, since it just doesn't like anything to me.

Annoying, nothing new, and something the Intrepid and Pathfinder also share.
    But a Lt.Cmdr Temporal is still a great boon, it enables you to use one or two of the several damage increasing science-style powers. That doesn't make it better than the available (Fed) T6 Science Vessels, but it makes it an equal.

Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    knuhteb5 wrote: »
    I had read the blog and assumed it had cloak when I bought the bundle. False advertising comes to mind when I think about this but I'll give Cryptic the benefit of the doubt and give them some time to fix this error.

Yes. Just like when peeps got all worked up, thinking Cryptic would forego on Black Friday sales, you can safely assume they're not going to let your Klink ship remain without a cloak. :) It's all good. Report it, and maybe they put the fix on for the next patch, even.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    staq16staq16 Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    Um, what was it I said, Mark? a Tier Six Varanus?? hmmm?
    Look at the stat and seating profile again in context. Is it NOT the logical direction of the Varanus, given that iirc, you were the one pointed out to ME that the T5 Varanus ran like the T5 Nebula?

If by "logical direction" you mean "make it an interesting and attractive endgame ship", I'd agree.

The thing sports a freaking LtC Uni and the option to replace all its fixed-Eng slots with Temporal powers. That gives it an exotic damage seating potential that hasn't been seen since the Wells / Korath; It's potentially got a Cdr and 2 x LTCs sporting sci/temporal powers. Granted it'd be a hell of a glass cannon but still...

Equally it could sport a Cdr Sci, LtC Eng/Temp, LtC + Lt Tac and load as a torp/sci bomber. That's pretty G'dayt Klingon.

I admit it would be nice if it was more distinctive - I was actually a big fan of the hybrid approach of the DSDs, as that's exactly the sort of demented compromise I can see Klingon shipwrights cooking up: "No, General, this is not a "science" ship. As you can see, when necessary it can convert itself into a full-fledged Destroyer" [/Klingon marketing spin]. But the new ships are all rather nasty exotic damage monsters - you only need to look at the utter pasting given to the hapless individual who complained about "only two tac consoles" elsewhere on these forums.

Yes, it's a copypasta of the T6 Nebula with or without the cloak. OTOH it's a neat design - I have a nice mental image of a vexed Klingon ship designer, told to rush an exotic warfare ship into production, bolting oversize deflectors onto a Vor'cha skeleton - with plenty of options to play aggressively if desired.
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    even without the cloak its a really solid ship, Ive yet to wade my sutherland class into anything but KDF/RR versions tank insanely well for a science ship and still manage to put out a healthy hurt, with either space magic or weapons.

on a slightly odd note, I'm honestly just happy to be flying a WARBIRD again on my Romulans not a Krenim/Breen/whatever