test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Black Friday Mega-Ultra Sales Extravaganza

Comments

• Options
    omegaher0omegaher0 Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    Will using a Perfect World card to charge zen work for the bonus?
    "Suffer the little ones, lest they rise up and beat you senseless." Druid's Call, from Magic: The Gathering
  • Options
    thehnthehn Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    Finally got a response to my ticket:
    _____
    Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I'm sorry to hear that you did not receive your charge reward points for purchasing Zen. Rest assured, this is being investigated by the proper team. Please keep an eye out on our website, forums, and social media channels for further updates regarding this issue. We appreciate your kind understanding regarding this issue.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at any time.

Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Regards,
    Feishing
    Game Master
    Perfect World Entertainment
    _____

So at least they know and are working on it.
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Y'know what, TRIBBLE it.

Cryptic, you guys are really lucky that I feel you deserve my money for this science bundle regardless of whether or not I get a little extra for my dollar.

Don't make me regret this.

*pulls the trigger*
  • Options
    scarrnscarrn Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    Three fleet mates and myself have bought through the website after clicking the in game [Buy Zen] box.

We got our Zen and bonus Zen, but none of us got ARC points, even though we clearly have the purchase history transaction showing on the ARC page.

Directions unclear, ARC Points stuck in nebula.

ARC, please advise!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    got it to go thru... $200 nets ya 28,000 zen (20,000 plus 25% bonus of 5k and 3k Bonus) and 28,000 points. Spent 20k points on T6 Hestia... now left with 8k points... probably will buy 2k more zen $20? and get the extra 2k+ points to claim the T5 since it's console is needed for the T6.
  • Options
    centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    Best. Sale. Ever. Think about it: 5000 bonus Zen when you plunk down the $200; the cross-faction T6 science ship bundle is free @ 4500 Zen. Then, the Key ring 20-master key bundle is the same (reduced) price as 2 10-packs; the Ultimate upgrade is free. And everything else is 25% off! This will prove to be the most profitable weekend Cryptic has ever seen... :D
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • Options
    kaarruukaarruu Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    Words of warning: claiming the tier rewards costs reward points. It's not that you charge 50 € worth of zen and claim tiers 1, 2 and 3, but that nets you 5000 reward points and claiming each tier eats up points.

A bit shady and runs counter to common sense as well as every tiered promotion I've seen before, but not really rantworthy either. Just pick your rewards with greater care than I did.
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    Yay, Leeta BOFFs for all my toons to go with their Leeta DOFFs. Plus a discount on the new science ship bundle. Happy times. ​​
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    dlano#5559 dlano Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Sent a ticket about the missing RP, don't expect it to be resolved before the promotion ends though. Just glad I still got the bonus Zen.
  • Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    A holo dabo leeta!?! Interesting.
    I assumed it was the Holo Mirror leeta tac. But that made another?

Hope itll be available again through a different means.
    and you can dismiss and switch between the two.. at least i was able to because i grabbed daboleeta in error

Spock.jpg

• Options
    usskentuckyusskentucky Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    Still not seeing the points available from my $100 purchase yesterday. Should I contact customer service or continue waiting?
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    I have to admit, this was an awesome Black Friday sale! And had to chuckle a bit at folks who thought they were gonna get nothing (as if Cryptic would really do that). Honestly, I think they really went all-out on this. Kudos!
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    An update on this. I just bought a smaller amount of zen. And got the RP points then. It still has not counted the big purchase. Which is unsettling, as by rights I should have 6000 rp at the moment.

This don't look good for any of us that bought zen earlier.
    I think a lot of people rushed to buy as soon as they saw the announcement... which was too early.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    That Dabo one was originally available if you attended some Convention/Expo in the past. You have your choice of which one you want, but if you already have say Mirror Leeta in your possession (Boxed or in the Bridge) you cannot claim her again from the Promotions Tab in the C-Store.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    As I already have the Hestia, I was going to claim a bunch of the 1,000 Point Rewards. While you can, you WILL NOT be given the Rewards. ONE Claim for each Tier ONLY.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    panzergreypanzergrey Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    An update on this. I just bought a smaller amount of zen. And got the RP points then. It still has not counted the big purchase. Which is unsettling, as by rights I should have 6000 rp at the moment.

This don't look good for any of us that bought zen earlier.
    I think a lot of people rushed to buy as soon as they saw the announcement... which was too early.

The announcement posted at 7:00am PT didn't mention any start time for this promotion, contained the statement "From now until 11/28", and had a direct link to purchase Zen. Anyone who didn't receive their reward points because they purchased Zen before some other switch was flipped, need to be taken care of.

• Options
    mrsmitty81mrsmitty81 Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    Loved this sale had been waiting a while for it. Had alot of zen saved up. Got the Delta rising pack, the new science bundle, the pathfinder bundle. And still have over 3k zen to spare. Was tempted to pull the trigger on the new T6 sovereign but I figured I would wait it out till its in a bundle with some more ships when there is a good sale again. I probably own 80% or more of the cstore t6 ships now. :)
  • Options
    alex475#7263 alex475 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    I haven't got the reward points thing for buying Zen, I bought 5300 zen yesterday afternoon, I bought some ships with it. How do I get the reward points now?
  • Options
    thegaffer65thegaffer65 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Ok, I have looked everywhere you folks have talked about. I bought my zen Friday night after wife reluctantly allowed me to spend this month. Still no points or anyway to purchase the items i should get for a $50 purchase. WTF. Lied to? Cheated? I am not a happy camper!!!
  • Options
    Ok, I have looked everywhere you folks have talked about. I bought my zen Friday night after wife reluctantly allowed me to spend this month. Still no points or anyway to purchase the items i should get for a $50 purchase. WTF. Lied to? Cheated? I am not a happy camper!!!
    The points are only listed on this page: https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/rewards
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    thegaffer65thegaffer65 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    OK guys,
    Since my first post and after reading much deeper into the forum go to page: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/rewards and at bottom of page click on "View RP redemption history". then click on "current balance" then claim your reward. Go to C store Promo tab and claim your Leeta and/or whatever else you are entitled to.

Now, if someone can explain to me why I can't activate Leeta: I get the following, "You have reached the number of officers of this type that you can have". I've deleted a tactical officer but that had no effect. I don't have another Leeta, nor photonic officer, so I don't know what to do next.

Gaffer
  • Options
    thehnthehn Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    OK guys,
    Since my first post and after reading much deeper into the forum go to page: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/rewards and at bottom of page click on "View RP redemption history". then click on "current balance" then claim your reward. Go to C store Promo tab and claim your Leeta and/or whatever else you are entitled to.

Now, if someone can explain to me why I can't activate Leeta: I get the following, "You have reached the number of officers of this type that you can have". I've deleted a tactical officer but that had no effect. I don't have another Leeta, nor photonic officer, so I don't know what to do next.

Gaffer

Glad you got sorted.
    Unfortunatly for many of us we simply didn't get the points at all.
    They are aware of the issue and I hope we get resolution before the time is up or at the very least they can get us the rewards we are due.
  • Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    if you have either the dabo leeta from the convention or the admiral leeta from the other givaway you cannot claim her
    Spock.jpg

• Options
    if you have either the dabo leeta from the convention or the admiral leeta from the other givaway you cannot claim her
    Also true if you have her as a candidate but not commisioned.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    Also true if you have her tucked away in a box somewhere. She gets very angry when you do that. :)
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    tenghiltenghil Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    WARNING! Repeat as other mentioned before me: You can only claim a tier thing ONCE!!
    One claim per tier is NOT listed! This is something you should CLEARLY state that each tier is only claimable once! I feel tricked, especially since the system allows me to claim continously since I would definately have made other choices IF I had known that each tier is a one shot thing.
  • Options
    captainchaos66captainchaos66 Member Posts: 409 Arc User
    So can someone clarify/verify that the Holo Leeta Boff is A) Account wide B) Single character only. I thought I read it was for a single character, but I may have been mistaken.
    Also, the " Can only claim each tier 1 time " is pretty lame. If the Leeta Boff is character only, and I have the points, why cant I get her on a couple of different characters?
    Fleet Admiral In charge of Bacon
    Fighting 5th Attack Squadron
    The Devils Henchman
  • Options
    tigeraries wrote: »
    keep getting credit card errors... saying problem with credit cards. NW for $20 went thru. After unlock confirmed to be account I tried $200 on Visa and declined... checked email and yeah I got a fraud alert and I cleared it saying it was from me. Says cc is good and to try again... I try again and still declined by PW. Tried different cc and still no good. PITA

clear the cache on your browser or use a different browser Anne did hers on Puffin on her tablet it did what you said. she did it on safari after an hour and it went thru

to be clear on the rewards page there is nothing that indicates your balance. but I selected the tier 3 and it worked

Tried clearing cache on Firefox, did not work... last night I had to talk to a CS rep and use PayPal. $200 went thru last night... just tried for $20 with CC and didnt go thru on firefox after clearing cache... no email from bank... just this site saying cc errors. Tried Dis card, no good. Tried MS browser, no good. Use paypal again on MS browser, went thru. /shrug
  • Options
    A holo dabo leeta!?! Interesting.
    I assumed it was the Holo Mirror leeta tac. But that made another?

Hope itll be available again through a different means.

same boff, just outfit is different. I think now you can choose which outfit she is wearing. both have same traits and abilities, intel tac officer.
  • Options
    redrickyredricky Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    Purchasing Zen through Steam doesn't result in bonus Zen but, this is the second time it's happened so I didn't freak out and it was resolved within about 5 minutes same as last time.

Use the Live Chat on the Arc Support page. Tell them what's up and they will fix it.

The tier rewards thing is also non-functional but they couldn't help with that. They put a ticket in for me and they didn't give me the run around. They fixed what they could and they were straight with me about the rest, which I appreciated because they didn't patronize or refuse to acknowledge a problem.

Time will tell about the rewards thing but for bonus Zen at least Steam isn't dead if you want to avoid Arc.