test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How to make Elisa Flores look a bit prettier...

I know, she's been around a while, but the facial work done on Miral Paris shows just how good these characters can be made to look (especially if the devs have customizing options with greater subtlety or more options than we have as players...) and to be honest, I've always thought that Elisa's face was a bit 'harsh' and angular...

Well, I've played around with the sliders and softened things up to what I think looks much softer and more feminine, but still recognizably Elisa Flores...

Here're the slider positions if anyone (devs) wants them:

IMG_0467_zpshhji8rye.jpg

IMG_0468_zps0l3gfjv8.jpg

IMG_0470_zpsisrpljql.jpg

I'll let y'all judge the results for yourself...

IMG_0483_zpsctrs2jbr.jpg

IMG_0482_zps6lmdcaxg.jpg

IMG_0484_zpseiw9cvhi.jpg

Comments

• Options
    byozuma#0956 byozuma Member Posts: 502 Arc User
    The best way I've found to make her prettier... is to hand her her pink slip and hire someone else.
    oldracesbanner.jpg
  • Options
    xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    What makes somebody look pretty will really lie in the eye of the beholder. Running around in one of the academies, I noticed a lot of female captains who were obviously modeled after what their player considers "good looking" which I didn't find attractive at all. And even minor differences can make or break a deal. I consider the haircut you're using as not fitting her personality.
    The best way I've found to make her prettier... is to hand her her pink slip and hire someone else.

Well, you can't do that anymore. The four "first boffs" cannot be dismissed anymore, since quite a while already (It was a result of Tovan Khev being made "essential").
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • Options
    marcusdkanemarcusdkane Member Posts: 7,439 Arc User
    :D
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    My first Fed Bridge Officer has to be an Andorian. That's how it used to be for me, since I always picked the Andorian. At least as TOS Agent I can get my Andorian back.

Not that I have anything against Flores.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    That's it! My next toon will be Elisa Flores. Based on the original model.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    captainwellscaptainwells Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    xyquarze wrote: »
    What makes somebody look pretty will really lie in the eye of the beholder. Running around in one of the academies, I noticed a lot of female captains who were obviously modeled after what their player considers "good looking" which I didn't find attractive at all. And even minor differences can make or break a deal. I consider the haircut you're using as not fitting her personality.

Well, you can't do that anymore. The four "first boffs" cannot be dismissed anymore, since quite a while already (It was a result of Tovan Khev being made "essential").

WRONG!

I always dismiss Kolez immediately, as I just don't like the appearance of the Saurian race. And as of yesterday evening, I dismissed all of the starter bridge crew members after the first couple of missions and replaced them with choices from Elsa Mora at Earth Spacedock.
  • Options
    I was about to say, I've dismissed each and every one of my starting bridge officers, Federation and Klingon. My Klingon, a kaminoan I designed on the Alien template, has an all kaminoan crew (save for one who is my Federation captain remade on the Alien template). As for my Federation captain, I had played around with some ideas before settling on using my bridge officers to recreate aliens from other franchises.
    oldracesbanner.jpg
  • Options
    What makes somebody look pretty will really lie in the eye of the beholder. Running around in one of the academies, I noticed a lot of female captains who were obviously modeled after what their player considers "good looking" which I didn't find attractive at all.
    Yes, that is very true, beauty certainly is in the eye of the beholder.

However, as a study of aesthetics, I think it's a fair observation that Elisa's default, has very heavy-features, which are almost masculine, compared to the subtlety of Miral's features, which are much more delicate (ie the character generator is capable of making subtle results, not just characters that look like they got their code ported from GTA:San Andreas)
    And even minor differences can make or break a deal. I consider the haircut you're using as not fitting her personality.
    Absolutely so... By choice, I would have brought her eyes slightly closer together, maybe if only by the width of the slider's indicator, maybe even half that, but the slider's range doesn't facilitate it.

If you don't like the haircut I assigned, well, that's your call. You don't have to use that haircut. Or my character refinement at all if you don't want to... B) I consider the haircut as being more fitting from someone who has gone from being a cadet (not a student, but a military cadet) to a commissioned officer in a position of responsibility, and thus with a certain professional image to maintain... B)
    Last I checked, all the first four BOFFs can be dismissed...
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    My first Fed Bridge Officer has to be an Andorian. That's how it used to be for me, since I always picked the Andorian. At least as TOS Agent I can get my Andorian back.

Not that I have anything against Flores.
    I have quite a few Andorian BOFFs, especially on T'Karra's ship, as that is a porting of the crew I gave her in Trexels. Infact, her senior staff is almost entirely composed of Andorians... B)

IMG_0487_zps08utami6.png
  • Options
    bergins wrote: »
    That's it! My next toon will be Elisa Flores. Based on the original model.
    :D
  • Options
    rogue6800rogue6800 Member Posts: 213 Arc User
    I remember when Elisa has the "Short Hair" hair as default, rather than the Punk. I don't know when it changed, but the new Flores doesn't feel right.
  • Options
    stobg2015stobg2015 Member Posts: 800 Arc User

I believe he was referring to the initial purple BOFF for each of the four factions: Fed, KDF, Romulan, 23C Starfleet.

Last I knew, you couldn't delete any of them but it's not like I've experimented with it lately.
    (The Guy Formerly And Still Known As Bluegeek)
  • Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    rogue6800 wrote: »
    I remember when Elisa has the "Short Hair" hair as default, rather than the Punk. I don't know when it changed, but the new Flores doesn't feel right.

Yeah, I always change it back to the original haircut. Other than that, though... *shrugs*

@marcusdkane When do you intend to fix your screenshot key? Aesthetical changes are much harder to judge from photos of a monitor. :tongue:

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    stobg2015 wrote: »

I believe he was referring to the initial purple BOFF for each of the four factions: Fed, KDF, Romulan, 23C Starfleet.

Last I knew, you couldn't delete any of them but it's not like I've experimented with it lately.
    So was I, actually. My Elisa Flores, the Elisa Flores given just for doing the tutorials, has been off trying to get the First Officer chair of other captains' ships for a while now. My current First Officer is a KDF ex-patriot kaminoan technician (see what I did there?).
    oldracesbanner.jpg
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    Personally, I've found that even the angular face isn't too bad as long as you replace the 'drowned rat' hairstyle (or whatever the official name of the straight and limp default she has is) with something different. I've had 'Floreses' with Close, Short and Long hairstyles and they all looked okay even with her standard features.

On the other side of the topic, most of my 'Theme Crews' are KDF or Romulan; I've got a Gorn/Voth crew, an Orion crew, a Reman/Lethean crew (inspired by NPC chatter in First City about the two races' similarities)...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    Personally, I've found that even the angular face isn't too bad as long as you replace the 'drowned rat' hairstyle (or whatever the official name of the straight and limp default she has is) with something different. I've had 'Floreses' with Close, Short and Long hairstyles and they all looked okay even with her standard features.

Yeah, I certainly didn't feel the face needed changing, just had to dump the hairstyle. (It's called 'Punk', IIRC.)

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    This was my thought as well...

I know the idea is for us to be able to customize our characters as we want, but at the end of the day, these are supposed to be Officers, and thus, to paraphrase Captain Jellico, maintain a certailevel of professionalism. I'm sure that modern militaries have a guideline against 'eccentric haircuts', and the Punk style, definitely qualifies as thus ;)
  • Options

I'd have to roll a new toon to be sure, I might do that after the server comes back up, but when I rolled Cara, maybe not eight weeks ago, Elisa was dischargable, and I did discharge her (only to feel guilty and re-skin an Exchange toon with her slider settings from another account...) B)
  • Options
    dalolorn wrote: »

Yeah, I always change it back to the original haircut. Other than that, though... *shrugs*

@marcusdkane When do you intend to fix your screenshot key? Aesthetical changes are much harder to judge from photos of a monitor. :tongue:

Whenever it starts working... :tongue: Of course, feel free to replicate the slider positioning, and then judge for yourself directly ;)

Yeah, I certainly didn't feel the face needed changing, just had to dump the hairstyle. (It's called 'Punk', IIRC.)
    Maybe not a case of needed changing, more a case of feeling that things could be further refined B)
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    I gave her a short hair style...because I thought it looked better on her face shape.

Oh, she came with that? I changed something with her hair. I can't remember what, now.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    What was wrong with it, anyway? Not doing anything, or just not saving it anywhere you can find? :confused:

• Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User

Actually, I think you can (with the exception of Tovan. I dismissed K'Gan (KDF faction) who is the default very rare Boff you will receive. I will have to verify tonight though because I simply assign Boffs to Bridge and Ground slots and leave them there once I am satisfied.

I am pretty sure there is a Klingon Warrior standing near the Exchange in the KDF Academy that gave me the option to retrieve K'Gan.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    jaguarskx wrote: »

Actually, I think you can (with the exception of Tovan. I dismissed K'Gan (KDF faction) who is the default very rare Boff you will receive. I will have to verify tonight though because I simply assign Boffs to Bridge and Ground slots and leave them there once I am satisfied.

I am pretty sure there is a Klingon Warrior standing near the Exchange in the KDF Academy that gave me the option to retrieve K'Gan.

Yes, you can dismiss Tarsi, Flores or K'Gan - not sure where you can retrieve Tarsi, but I think Flores is also available in a similar way at SFA.

• Options
    What was wrong with it, anyway? Not doing anything, or just not saving it anywhere you can find? :confused:
    Either/both... :confused: If it is taking screenshots, they're not going anywhere I can find... :confused:
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    Either/both... :confused: If it is taking screenshots, they're not going anywhere I can find... :confused:

So not in STO's screenshot folder?
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    edited November 2016

Well, Print Screen should either tell the game to save into a screenshot folder (see below), or put a picture of the entire screen (as opposed to just the game) into your clipboard where you can then paste it into any image viewer or editor.

Then there's Steam's screenshot system, which saves somewhere in Steam/userdata, and /screenshot should save into the game's screenshot folder. (Star Trek Online/ServerName (presumably Live)/screenshots)

Mind you, if you've installed the game into Program Files, it is possible that it'll go somewhere into YourUserName/AppData - I know the KOTOR games had issues with that, and there's probably a bunch of other programs that do the same thing. Steam, thankfully, isn't one of them.

• Options

So not in STO's screenshot folder?

Well, Print Screen should either tell the game to save into a screenshot folder (see below), or put a picture of the entire screen (as opposed to just the game) into your clipboard where you can then paste it into any image viewer or editor.

Then there's Steam's screenshot system, which saves somewhere in Steam/userdata, and /screenshot should save into the game's screenshot folder. (Star Trek Online/ServerName (presumably Live)/screenshots)

Mind you, if you've installed the game into Program Files, it is possible that it'll go somewhere into YourUserName/AppData - I know the KOTOR games had issues with that, and there's probably a bunch of other programs that do the same thing. Steam, thankfully, isn't one of them.
    So far, I've not even found an STO screenshot folder... :-\ I've looked, but just not seen one... :-\ I'll look again at some point B)

• Options
    valoreah wrote: »
    I don't believe she looked bad to begin with.
    As above, not bad per se, but IMHO definitely room for further 'polishing and refining', which is what I tried to do... B)
This discussion has been closed.