What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Crytpic let's be fair.

Comments

• Options
    wendysue53wendysue53 Member Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    what coldnapalm said...

Lowest going rate of an item is the value of that item. Anything else is profit or price-gouging. In the US, this is an actual federal level crime if you price anything at more than 40% of the price you paid/ or the going rate, whichever is greater.

For rare items, this is dealt with differently and is strictly dealt with from an Action point of view. As everyone has been telling you, what a person is willing to pay is the price of your item - and not a cent more or less.

Now if you had the ONLY ship of that type, it would be priceless. But you don't. you have a VERY common ship. Sad to say, but too many people have it for what you're trying to do.

You're Price gouging if the going rate is that much of a difference. Another term for this is Fraud or Scam.

Econ would teach you this.... but this is my last comment on this thread.

:(
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    wendysue53 wrote: »
    why are we posting to this?

• Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,367 Arc User
    No, Farm. You're asking one billion EC. That does not mean it's worth one billion EC, because no one will pay you that much for it.

Again, the simplest statement of value: "The value of a thing is what that thing will bring." The value of that ship, currently, is apparently around 5 million EC. You can ask for more - but you won't get it. Supply and demand, and either the supply of that ship is more than sufficient, or the demand is low.​​
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    sylveriareldensylveriarelden Member Posts: 531 Arc User
    *snores*

This threadnought will continue to grow on and on and on.... and you know what's going to change?

Nothing.

PWE/C will not make the ship available by any other means because of player whining in the forums. Apparently, their method of distribution was well planned before they released it.

Want the ship? Buy an R&D pack that has the chance to win it, or buy it via the Exchange, if it's available.

Nuff said.
    It's not you- it's me. I just need my space.

Being critical doesn't take skill. Being constructively critical- which is providing alternative solutions or suggestions to a demonstrated problem, however, does.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    farmallm wrote: »
    If you dont tell the truth, how can you expect people to take you seriously?

Your not much telling the truth either.

I have said nothing that is not true, I cannot tell a lie.

Same here, my ship is sitting in my bank.

I sold one of my tos connies for 935m earlier, got two left on me!

What ship did you want to trade for it farmallm?

Mirror Universe Vo'Quv Carrier she is a big one.

That's 5m on the exchange, I will give you 4m in trade credit for it.

You said you had a ship worth 1 billion ec, I was asking about that one.
    I think you're better off coordinating with superchum so you're both on at the same time, then engaging farmalln further. Of course, you can do both.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    This Thread has become so precious. With the kettles and the pots and the black and all sorts of other bizzaro world stuff.

My Temporal Recruit has been selling Keys and Promo Packs on the Exchange and none of it for the Temporal Light Cruiser. No, I decided that the wish list for my Temporal Recruit was going to be:

Wells
    Mobius
    Vengeance
    Paradox
    Kelvin Constitution
    Aeon

Today, I saw one Wells drop to 95 million EC and picked that up. One Vengeance dropped to 275 million EC and picked that up. The others I will pick up as the prices seem to my liking on the Exchange. All except the Kelvin Constitution, that I will probably wait until it is added to the Infinity Lockbox and the price plummets. Right now the prices were jacked back up when the TOS Constitution came out due to the frenzy for all things Constitution.

So I will be able to get six Temporally themed ships for less than the price of one TOS Constitution. For me, no ship is worth a price that you would have to go to the Private Trade Channel. I have a gajillion ships as it is.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    I still want a set of pink shoes...

or maybe wings.

I may have (had - gone now) the only unique ship in the game, but something similar would be nice.

:*
  • Options
    There was nothing quite like blowing things up with my flying box. :blush:
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    If you dont tell the truth, how can you expect people to take you seriously?

Your not much telling the truth either.

I have said nothing that is not true, I cannot tell a lie.

Same here, my ship is sitting in my bank.

I sold one of my tos connies for 935m earlier, got two left on me!

What ship did you want to trade for it farmallm?

Mirror Universe Vo'Quv Carrier she is a big one.

That's 5m on the exchange, I will give you 4m in trade credit for it.

You said you had a ship worth 1 billion ec, I was asking about that one.
    I think you're better off coordinating with superchum so you're both on at the same time, then engaging farmalln further. Of course, you can do both.

Huh?

superchum = @snoggymack22. The guy that is waiting for an endgame Connie since basically the release of the game. I figured you would be able to sell him one, since he was looking for it, but wasn't a member of the Trade Channel and was still looking for a seller at the time I wrote the post (at least to my knowledge). I figured you'd be the guy that could make a trade happen.

But it appears he got his ship now. The story has a happy ending!
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    Yes. A very happy ending! And this thread, and a lot of you in this thread, including repetitiveepic were extremely gracious and helpful in pointing me in the right direction. I can say that in my individual experience the details of this thread played out almost exactly as they were written. Everything about supply and demand and pricing and how to obtain this ship without gambling by opening packs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    whamhammer1whamhammer1 Member Posts: 2,290 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    @wendysue53

I call bravo sierra to your so called Federal law against charging more than 40% markup on an product/service. I can buy an item for one dollar, that is in the market in a fair-and-reasonable price range of 5-7 dollars, and I can ask $100 for it, its all legal. What I cant do is offer it to one person at x price, and then offer it to another person for x(100) because of that persons race/gender/ etc..

There are certain provisions in gov't contracts on profits made off of them in CERTAIN condtitions, especially high dollar contracts, and the buyer is aware of the suppliers cost ranges, per information required to be offered to them per regulations such as in TINA but the is no such, over encompassing prohibition of profit rates, especially in the commercial market.
  • Options
    Ferengi Rules of Acquisition:

• Options
    edited September 2016
    @wendysue53

I call bravo sierra to your so called Federal law against charging more than 40% markup on an product/service. I can buy an item for one dollar, that is in the market in a fair-and-reasonable price range of 5-7 dollars, and I can ask $100 for it, its all legal. What I cant do is offer it to one person at x price, and then offer it to another person for x(100) because of that persons race/gender/ etc..

There are certain provisions in gov't contracts on profits made off of them in CERTAIN condtitions, especially high dollar contracts, and the buyer is aware of the suppliers cost ranges, per information required to be offered to them per regulations such as in TINA but the is no such, over encompassing prohibition of profit rates, especially in the commercial market.

Not really sure if you're agreeing or disagreeing here. You've pretty much said what I did. And everything else you posted sounds right, so no disagreements here other than the 40% part.

The standard with the 40% is that if you're charging a populous 40%+ above the norm (whatever that may be) then it's considered Price Gouging, which in the US is a Federal crime. THis is usually ignored for anything under around $1k, when the Fed laws take a hand in most Fraud and theft cases. Not sure if that cleared anything up or not. But, well, there it is.

For an example, I could tell you about a company in Atlanta who was charging $6 a gallon on gas and increasing this cost with each new customer, when the average for that area was around $2.40. He and his partners are now serving a length of time in Fed prison. I would rather show you the report, but you can probably pull it up somewhere. There are other examples. And Feds don't care unless it's extreme. The 40% is a written rule monitored by the Fair Business Bureau, they then toss it to the Feds if it's serious enough.

Basic Business practices 101 usually covers it in Freshman college. And gawd do the grind it into you there...
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    wendysue53 wrote: »
    what coldnapalm said...

Lowest going rate of an item is the value of that item. Anything else is profit or price-gouging. In the US, this is an actual federal level crime if you price anything at more than 40% of the price you paid/ or the going rate, whichever is greater.
    Well then. Looks like every single store in the US except for Costco is in violation of Federal Law, according to you...
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Really, Druk? You want me to dig into that mess? Okay. If I can find it.

no luck. it was back in 2013-'14. now I wish I'd shut up earlier, since I can't hold it up to show. it happened. similar things happen. but 40% is considered roughly the max. They look at it from a case by case scenerio.

If it's wrong, it's wrong (meaning me), but I just spent 2+ years dealing with this junk in college.

Let's just use the rules of acquisition. those are easier.
  • Options
    whamhammer1whamhammer1 Member Posts: 2,290 Arc User
    null
    @repetitiveepic you are correct. They are state level, cover state of emergency situations, and for critical goods only.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Epipens.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    Lets make it fair, remove the F2P model and make everyone pay.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    People are still griping over this TRIBBLE? Jesus H. Christ on a crutch, give it a rest. Cryptic/PWE did what they did, and made the decisions they did, for their own reasons. Either partake in the promotion. Or don't. That's the only two choices if you don't want to play the Exchange (aka Wall Street Online). Whining, and giving Druk more ammo to troll you with, isn't going to change anything.