What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Crytpic let's be fair.

Comments

• Options
    wendysue53wendysue53 Member Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    I feel like I'm listening to a 3rd grader argue with a bunch of college-level adults, not because he wants to UNDERSTAND or COMPREHEND what's being taught to him - but because THAT piece of candy costs one penny more than the one he can buy and "Everyone else has one, too!"

TRIBBLE and complain, moan and groan, stand on your head and hold your breath til you're blue - you can't change laws of economics.

If you throw a rock exactly straight up - guess what? - If you're too stubborn to move, you're going to get hit with a rock.

Here. Let us help. Stand over there and the rest of us will test this theory by throwing rocks to see if you move.

Rock = Law of Econ. You can tweek what is bought and sold, you can fix the prices and inflation to a single point, but you can't change how it works.

Don't believe me? Save your 5cent allowance and go to college. -.-

...then YOU can moan and groan as another doofus tries telling you the same thing...
  • Options
    hartzillahartzilla Member Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    wendysue53 wrote: »
    "Everyone else has one, too!"

More like that one guy down the street has one.

• Options
    you get the picture? alright, nuff said...
    If my aunt was a man, he'd be my uncle!

And if my dog said meow, I'd have a cat! ;)
  • Options
    azrael605 wrote: »
    I've been logged in for about 10 minutes today & I've seen at least 5 of the 23rd century ships won along with 3 of the Kelvin ships.

And I've seen zilch.

• Options
    I've lost count of the number of Ship rewards I've seen go across the screen today. If you're in battle, you probably either won't see it, notice it, or even be given the notice. I don't recall the notice ever going across the screen in battle.

Open 9 million boxes, if you gamble, you may not win any ships. That's how it works. Gambling has nothing to do with Econ, though.

*shrug*
  • Options
    They do show up in combat, just saw 2 during a mirror run, turn on system messages in chat options & they will show in the chat window.

I've seen a total of one outside Earth Space Dock as opposed to the several Kelvin Connies and Vengeances running around.
  • Options
    They do show up in combat, just saw 2 during a mirror run, turn on system messages in chat options & they will show in the chat window.

Thanks. I did wonder, but was too busy blowing stuff up to pay attention.
    Pretty sure that guy is just trolling the forums tbh.

who? Hartz? ah... I'll shut up then. *goes in search of dark chocolate munchies*
  • Options
    Here's a pic to prove a point. People are getting ships. may not be what you're complaining about, but this was in a 2 minute period.

oYzWTb7.jpg
  • Options
    I still think my one-of-a-kind U.S.S. Brazil is the best ship in STO.

NcM8FSs.jpg
  • Options
    foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,481 Arc User
    wendysue53 wrote: »
    I still think my one-of-a-kind U.S.S. Brazil is the best ship in STO.

NcM8FSs.jpg

OK, that gave me a laugh. Thank you Wendy :)
    pjxgwS8.jpg
  • Options
    Here's the link if you want to see the thread on it.

Had a playable one for a couple of hours, but forgot to take any other screenshots before it corrected itself.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1221008/cargo-ship-to-the-max
  • Options
    thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    The story of how Thlaylie earned his T6 Connie:

Thlaylie loves all things TOS so when Cryptic added a T6 Connie to the game he was determined to earn one.

Thlaylie is not a gambler and after seeing all the scary forum stories about people spending thousands of $$ and not getting a ship, he decided to spend his allowance he had earned in RL to buy zen, then keys and sell them on the Exchange.

While reading the forums however Thlaylie found a formula a kind alien had posted that showed selling RnD packs were more profitable. Thanks kind alien.

Thlaylie used his allowance to buy the zen, then the RnD packs and posted them on the Exchange, but the packs were not selling for the price in the kind alien's formula :open_mouth:

Thlaylie then remembered "limited time promo" from the blog description and sold all his packs for $14 mil to make $780 mil. Now to wait for the ship to pop up on the Exchange.

Two days later there was still no ship on the Exchange :open_mouth:

What to do!? Further forum reading found the kind alien advising an in game trade.

Thlaylie was not sure but remembered "limited time promo" and put his uncertainties aside. The forums showed his ship going for $900 mil so he put $20 into packs and raised his ec to $925 mil.

He watched the chat until a seller appeared, made his offer and won the bid :smiley:

And that is how Thlaylie and everyone can earn their very own T6 Connie!
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,370 Arc User
    If my aunt was a man, he'd be my uncle!
    "And if me grandmother had wheels, she'd be a wagon."​​
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    "Good man!

People could learn a lesson from you about earning what they want instead of just whining they cant have it for free."

Thank You Kind Alien ;)
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    "Good man!

People could learn a lesson from you about earning what they want instead of just whining they cant have it for free."

Thank You Kind Alien ;)

Most isn't crying wanting it for free. Even myself will pay if it was in the C store or Lobi. That way I have a proper chance to build up the funds for it. So that isn't for free. Cause then I will use zen promotions to buy with $ and use the Dil exchange as well, which uses other player's $. Until I got enough to get the ship.

The reason why most are fussing over it. Is cause they announced it in little time, so you can't build up funds. They stuffed in in a gimmick lottery box. Where the odds are not in favor to get. That even a Vulcan wouldn't attempt, since the odds are Astronomical. Bottom line, this was not done for the fans of Trek or players in mind. It was done for a select group in the game. With tons of EC or have tons of $ to throw at it.

Happy 50th Anniversary indeed by TRIBBLE most of your player base.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    The moral of the story isn't that Thlaylie approved of the way the ship was marketed.

It was that he adapted to what needed to be done to reach his goal.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    coldnapalm wrote: »

Actually...you were demanding it be free because you refused to accept that collecting ec for it earning it. So while most may not be demanding it be free...you certainly were...or making the stupidest argument ever.

Why bother when they won't keep the same price. So a seller is willing to hang on the item until the person gets enough to buy it, even it takes a few years? No, I highly doubt it. I never wanted it for free. I wanted it for everyone to enjoy. And I never told I wanted it for free.

And I actually offered to do a fair trade for my 1 billion EC ship for one. Yet the person didn't even respond.

• Options
    farmallm wrote: »
    coldnapalm wrote: »

Actually...you were demanding it be free because you refused to accept that collecting ec for it earning it. So while most may not be demanding it be free...you certainly were...or making the stupidest argument ever.

Why bother when they won't keep the same price. So a seller is willing to hang on the item until the person gets enough to buy it, even it takes a few years? No, I highly doubt it. I never wanted it for free. I wanted it for everyone to enjoy. And I never told I wanted it for free.

And I actually offered to do a fair trade for my 1 billion EC ship for one. Yet the person didn't even respond.

If you spent half the time you do complaining and talking nonsense on this forum actually playing sto and earning EC, you'd already have one like so many other people do!

Acutally your the one crying and speaking nonsense. Perhaps you can have your own too!

• Options
    Ummm I think he said he had 3, one of which he offered to sell you for 1 bill.

Remember the story "limited time promo."
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Ummm I think he said he had 3, one of which he offered to sell you for 1 bill.

Remember the story "limited time promo."

I countered his offer with a 1 billion ship of my own that I earned. So its a fair trade. He refuses, so he don't own those ships.

• Options
    nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    What other 1 billion ship is there? You sitting on a voth promo ship? Because the Sheshar and Annorax don't command those prices anymore.
  • Options
    delliboydelliboy Member Posts: 288 Arc User
    I think some people complain just to complain