Install Arc
Options

"We now have an official statement from Cryptic..."

Comments

• Options
    tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    @askray
    "Okay, I do understand that people are quite agitated about this whole giveaway. The wording isn't the best, however it makes those that got it feel good about themselves."

You know, I have gotten one of these mystery give-a-ways over on Neverwinter... I wasn't feeling all that good when I told my rl friends/guildies to be looking forward the the new appreciation package they were giving away... Only to find out they received nothing for their loyalty to the game. Especiaaly when it was because of them, that I started playing...

These kinds of give-a-ways really are a double edged sword...
  • Options
    leceterleceter Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Some ppl are serious enough to spend 1,000s of $ and shrinkbrain to children because of some virtual pixel toy.

Ok, there are two cases, that I could understand them:
    1. You are huge fan of ST + a ship collector or possibly a ferengi rpg player
    2. You won, but missed it because of the lack of info from PWE about it (checkbox in profile)

At least they could announce somewhere to subscribe the newsletter for participating.
    Why email at all and not just unlock it in c-store? And avoiding unhappy loyal supporters?
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    iconians wrote: »
    Al Rivera did mention "owning mistakes". Funny, how we haven't heard from him about this particular topic.

Not that I'd ever equate this blinged out Nagus Marauder with plagiarism.​​

He did on twitter in a response to someone who got the ship, using his usual view on the player base being haters.

Rather ironic considering Cryptic/PWE being the haters towards their player base, in this case..

Just get's better and better ... I was enjoying AoY, but since my support clearly isn't valued or appreciated, and voicing my discontent at the lack of communication makes me a "hater", it's time to start preparing to take on the Burning Legion and leave the Envoy and his allies to do whatever they want with the timeline.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    I just don't understand why they didn't introduce this ship as Cryptic's version of the EVE monocle. A $120 C-Store ship that looks and plays almost identical to a $30 ship.
  • Options
    atomicmunkey#9096 atomicmunkey Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    Glad I didn't buy lifer.. The fact that Rivera basically crapped all over his fan's as "haters" for not having access to this ship. Sums up how Cryptic/PWE sees us less financially endowed folk.
  • Options
    sfdstuff#3558 sfdstuff Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    Hey. People. Let's be fair, ok? Geko didn't say everyone was a "hater". He only thinks you are a "hater" if you have a legitimate complaint, or don't think AOY is the best expansion ever. But if you think the game is perfect and the devs are gods, he thinks you're ok.
  • Options
    Hey. People. Let's be fair, ok? Geko didn't say everyone was a "hater". He only thinks you are a "hater" if you have a legitimate complaint, or don't think AOY is the best expansion ever. But if you think the game is perfect and the devs are gods, he thinks you're ok.

Not exactly, but I guess, he hates the player base anyway.
    What about an "unwavering hater" promo, so he can reward himself?
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    So which do you guys hate the most ... The game, Geko or being called a hater?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    I'm just trying to figure out where Geko referred to the playerbase as haters...
  • Options
    ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    He did say something to that effect in an interview, I think, on STOked a little over a year or so ago. Something along the lines of being "whiners".

One of those podcasts, anyways...
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • Options
    So people are using something he said a year ago, against him...

Just how does this relate to the issue at hand again?
  • Options
    trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    I already got over this issue with their inner circle. Is why when I see their fleets spamming me needing help I just refer them to their inner circle for that. Although that is not what bothers me today what does bother me is accumulation of 5+ years or resources for dilithium collection has been nerfed by cryptic and I don't see myself coming back to STO unless they reverse this change which I am really attempted even with a LTS account to just uninstall because its the same old TRIBBLE of giveth and taketh away when they feel like it. Although if something is their fault they won't lift a finger to help out it just really has turned into abusive relationship between game company and customers which is really sad.
  • Options
    tousseau wrote: »

I agree with you. A year ago is said a year ago, doesn't matter today.
    Cryptic has a long record of that kind from its short STO history ;P

BTW: he called players complaining about a T6 D'akora vid as haters.
    But it's really more the circumstances of this promo.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    Although that is not what bothers me today what does bother me is accumulation of 5+ years or resources for dilithium collection has been nerfed by cryptic and I don't see myself coming back to STO unless they reverse this change which I am really attempted even with a LTS account to just uninstall because its the same old **** of giveth and taketh away when they feel like it.

Hyperbole much?! Geez, they extended the cooldown on that contraband assignment to 20 hours. Big deal! In what universe is that nerfing your '+ years or resources for dilithium collection'?!

And now ppl are so hating on everything, they even bring up an old, completely unrelated, incident, in which Geko said people on the forum are whiners (or words to that effect). Haters are gonna hate. Give it a rest, ppl; and don't prove him right on every count.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    aphelionmarauderaphelionmarauder Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    tousseau wrote: »

People on the forums have nothing better to TRIBBLE about. For example:
    huskerklg wrote: »
    When I heard the rumors about the ship, was excited at the chance to get it as the summer event ship especially for my FERENGI character. Then heard the Vorgon ship was for that. So thought, must be some Star Trek Anniversary event they'll include it in.

Now, I'm just disgusted. Won't spend any money on a Cryptic game ever again. Not even the Temporal ship I had been planning to buy. I'll F2P grub this game out from now on if I don't just quit playing it.

Prime example. Oh, and this one too:
    Glad I didn't buy lifer.. The fact that Rivera basically crapped all over his fan's as "haters" for not having access to this ship. Sums up how Cryptic/PWE sees us less financially endowed folk.

People think because they didn't get something they should turn on the butthurt.
    It seems to have been a spontaneous giveaway with no advertisement of any kind and very little explanation.

Unless I'm misreading things; didn't they break California law by not following these laws on giveaway?
    1. All the rules, regulations, terms and conditions of the contest.
    2. The maximum number of puzzles or games which may be necessary to complete the contest and determine winners.
    3. The maximum amount of money, including postage and handling fees, which a participant may be asked to pay to win each of the prizes offered.
    4. The date(s) upon which the contest will terminate, and upon which all prizes will be awarded.
    5. Whether future contests or tie-breakers, if any, will be significantly more difficult than the initial contest, and the method of determining prize-winners if a tie remains after completion of the last tie-breaker.5

(State of California page I used)

I will admit that the page is hard to follow *legal jargon is fun to watch, not read* so according to this blog which has the rules for giveaways/sweepstakes, but given they are the same that are under the contest laws in the above state website I've been lead to believe that the rules for contests (mainly the rules of a contest) apply to sweepstakes as well.

For the official record I'm not native of the State of California, thus I'm unfamiliar with all the laws of the state that STO in based in and I'm an not a lawyer in trade, but I'm inclined to think that something is amiss here. Please, feel free to point out my errors.

And you are a prime example of someone who thinks they can run around with "the law" and think's your an entitled social justice warrior.

/soapbox_on

Cryptic is a INDEPENDENT and PRIVATELY OWNED company. They are in a FREE MARKET and follow the principles of FREE ENTERPRISE. If you do not like there business practices, complaining about it and getting butt-hurt and stating laws does nothing. If you do not like a business/product/service/corporation/contractor ect., go somewhere else if it means that much to you that you will erupt in fits of rage over things not going your way.

You all missed the give away, myself included. We all have to move on and SUCK IT UP. I know, it hurts, I want the ship too because I have no money to spend on the game and I really want to get a decent Tier 6 ship collection so I am stuck with getting the free hand outs. But for crying out loud, this has to stop. The community understands, this was not a well thought out affair. But crying and calling Cryptic stupid and saying they broke the law is just as productive as giving someone with no legs a treadmill. Deal with the fact that you missed something. YES, it would be nice for Cryptic to take some IMMEDIATE action, but how about we give this 24, eh?

Think about all the free give aways that happen DAILY for STO on various websites that you never participate in. Better yet, OUTSIDE of STO. Free gas events held for people searching for jobs, free food from food banks, monetary assistance for those that need it (those that ACTUALLY need it). All of that is free stuff given away on a daily basis that YOU NEVER EVEN GET TO SEE.

So get over yourselves as a collective whole (talking to the butt-hurt in this thread here, and those who can relate to them), and forget about all of this. Immediately the minute something DOESN'T go your way suddenly you get the self-entitled right to complain and be nasty to a company offering a service. Cryptic owe's you NOTHING unless you pay them money, in which they owe you the product you purchased with money that you got from a job that you work at. Otherwise, they are off the hook.

/soapbox_off​​
    Support the movement!
    Come stand with us in supporting Star Trek: The Animated Series content for STO! (It's canon!) #TASforSTO

Time travel and glass-cannon ships hurt my head and is NOT what Trek is about. Trek is exploration, becoming better as a species, and gaining scientific knowledge while holding on to the traditions that got us where were are.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    leceter wrote: »
    Some ppl are serious enough to spend 1,000s of $ and shrinkbrain to children because of some virtual pixel toy.

Ok, there are two cases, that I could understand them:
    1. You are huge fan of ST + a ship collector or possibly a ferengi rpg player
    2. You won, but missed it because of the lack of info from PWE about it (checkbox in profile)

At least they could announce somewhere to subscribe the newsletter for participating.
    Why email at all and not just unlock it in c-store? And avoiding unhappy loyal supporters?
    That's what made me puzzled.... They could have used just as easily used in-game mail for this.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    And now ppl are so hating on everything, they even bring up an old, completely unrelated, incident, in which Geko said people on the forum are whiners (or words to that effect). Haters are gonna hate. Give it a rest, ppl; and don't prove him right on every count.

Am I right in assuming, you got your golden shiny?
    You are really loyal then and deserve it LOL
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User

Yup, got it. It's indeed very shiny! And very golden! And the players love it!

Other ships I didn't get. Like the T6 Avenger, or the T6 Defiant, that got tossed other people's way. Was I annoyed about that? Sure, for all of 5 minutes. Then I moved on. Why can't you? The T6 D'Kora is sweet, but no uebership, by any means. In fact, I already shelved it again, LOL (and bought a Na'kuhl Daemosh Science Vessel to play with today).

The self-entitlement is simply too strong in this thread.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    Could Cryptic just give the rest of us a normal t6 ferengi ship? At least put it on the store...Jesus, this is just horrible PR on their part. Are they trying to make people mad?

It worked.
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    If you're gonna be a hater why get upset when you get named?

Because they're professionals and people who get paid to do a job are there to be abused and treated like garbage instead of human beings, and they should not only enjoy being given insults and death threats over the internet anonymously, they should be fired for the mere suggestion people should be less toxic, and if they call anybody out on their childish behavior, it's the exact same thing (if not worse) as the person who started it because shut up that's why.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    I hope the gold ferengi ship also comes with a 'one finger salute' ship emote. Just in case the shiny gold uber-rare ship doesn't get the message across by itself. ;)
  • Options
    I hope the gold ferengi ship also comes with a 'one finger salute' ship emote. Just in case the shiny gold uber-rare ship doesn't get the message across by itself. ;)

*omg-rofl* the uber emote
    => Grind peeps, grind! Now for half the rate, while I get free ships I dont need.
  • Options
    scrooge69scrooge69 Member Posts: 1,108 Arc User
    hmm maybe I deleted that mail
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tessaravejgantessaravejgan Member Posts: 276
    So a giveaway was held but there was no announcement and only some people got it without knowing what criteria and... yeah. I decided to delete the game before this bs so I'll just add it to the list of reasons.
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User

Heh, also with a nice global message in chat saying, "Sucks to be you" ;)
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    redeyedravenredeyedraven Member Posts: 1,297 Arc User
    So which do you guys hate the most ... The game, Geko or being called a hater?

Are you the Emperor? Can you *feel* their hate? :D

• Options
    phulescompany#4772 phulescompany Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    So basically this "promotion" is the equivalent of the new Ghostbusters movie. Cryptic/PWE is Sony, Geko is Paul Feig, and the customers expressing themselves with calm rational complaints are the out of control haters.
  • Options
    officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    To me being called a whiner is about the worse thing i could be called in this game or subject. Being called a hater is darn near being cute these days. But i am neither.

Congratulations on those lucky people whom the RNG choosen, im happy for you. And im just disappointed i didnt get RNG blessed. I have a contingency plan though ;)
  • Options
    storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User

Yup, got it. It's indeed very shiny! And very golden! And the players love it!

Other ships I didn't get. Like the T6 Avenger, or the T6 Defiant, that got tossed other people's way. Was I annoyed about that? Sure, for all of 5 minutes. Then I moved on. Why can't you? The T6 D'Kora is sweet, but no uebership, by any means. In fact, I already shelved it again, LOL (and bought a Na'kuhl Daemosh Science Vessel to play with today).

The self-entitlement is simply too strong in this thread.

Please stop rubbing it off...don't think I have seen you in Beta testing or prior to F2P at these forums at STO...yet I'm happy for your accomplishment. What some of us (veterans) are discussing here is the lack of communication from Cryptic "not" entitlement.​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
This discussion has been closed.