test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The hate for the Kelvin ships is ridiculous...

Comments

• Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited July 2016

I've seen people complain that the 'new old' Enterprise is more modern than the Enterprise E. They say that's not right and blabla.

I've told them that's because the Enterprise E was actually not very sci-fi for modern standards anymore anyways and in order to present the new movies to a modern audience, they *had* to make it look reminiscent of the original but yet as modern as possible. Imagine if they just had used a CGI-recreation of the original sheetwood+metal-studio-model alongside the original interior...

KU Connie isn't modern. Brewery for an engine, needs a good kick to get the core going, parking brake, turrets for weapons, letting people swim in the coolant pipes cause it brews water. Another note is the nacelle pylons are coming out of the shuttle bay. Where the Prime ships has it coming out of engineering to allow the power flow to them. Coming out of the shuttle bay like the KU ship, well it just shows it was for looks only.

The NX-01 was very much modern compared to a ship that makes no sense.

Brewery - It don't match the ship layout, and looks horrible compared to the engineering that was built to show it fits on the ship.

Turrets for phasers. The NX-01 used beams showing they was already past that.

Kick the core to get it going. That is about idiotic I ever saw. This goes with the parking brake too.

Swimming in the coolant pipes. Try swimming in real coolant like from an car or truck. You will be dead that is stuff is harmful to you.

So why would you want to film all of this? Cause you needed a laugh at the moment.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    It's a shame I'm on my mobile because all of that nonsense has been adressed before.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    farmallm wrote: »

I've seen people complain that the 'new old' Enterprise is more modern than the Enterprise E. They say that's not right and blabla.

I've told them that's because the Enterprise E was actually not very sci-fi for modern standards anymore anyways and in order to present the new movies to a modern audience, they *had* to make it look reminiscent of the original but yet as modern as possible. Imagine if they just had used a CGI-recreation of the original sheetwood+metal-studio-model alongside the original interior...

KU Connie isn't modern. Brewery for an engine, needs a good kick to get the core going, parking brake, turrets for weapons, letting people swim in the coolant pipes cause it brews water. Another note is the nacelle pylons are coming out of the shuttle bay. Where the Prime ships has it coming out of engineering to allow the power flow to them. Coming out of the shuttle bay like the KU ship, well it just shows it was for looks only.

The NX-01 was very much modern compared to a ship that makes no sense.

Brewery - It don't match the ship layout, and looks horrible compared to the engineering that was built to show it fits on the ship.

Turrets for phasers. The NX-01 used beams showing they was already past that.

Kick the core to get it going. That is about idiotic I ever saw. This goes with the parking brake too.

Swimming in the coolant pipes. Try swimming in real coolant like from an car or truck. You will be dead that is stuff is harmful to you.

So why would you want to film all of this? Cause you needed a laugh at the moment.

All this boils down to "I don't like it, PWE didn't give me what I want WHAAAAA!!!"
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    ccs46ccs46 Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    gHuykjdl.png

:3
  • Options
    potencethe1stpotencethe1st Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    This entire thread is a whole shitload of arguing semantics.

Keep up the good work
  • Options
    sinn74sinn74 Member Posts: 1,149 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    The Kelvin Timeline Heavy Command Cruiser [T6] is a Constitution Class vessel. And with NCC-1701 on its hull, you could, with a little bit of good will, say it's an endgame Connie. However, a 'Connie' is generally believed to be the original starship flown by Kirk; and, as such, the Kelvin ship is not the long sought-after T6 Connie.

Apart from CBS prohibiting endgame Connies, a true T6 Connie would be weird, as it could not possible be on par with the T6 ships we have now. It would, canon-wise, make no sense. An alternate timeline Connie, however, from an era in which the focus was more on heavy weaponry, *does* make sense, and becomes a plausible endgame Connie. I believe Cryptic did good, and kept CBS happy at the same time too.

I don't care either way, but if the Lobi Consortium can salvage future ships and make them viable as current ships, they can salvage old ships and make them viable as current ships. /shrug
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    Ok, I apologize for only reading the first page before jumping in, but:

1. I hate how the Galaxy Class looks. Hate it. Not only do I not skip out on queues when I see one, I ended up buying the Gal-X bundle when it came out. Why? It was fun to fly. Saucer sep, cloak, BFG, hangar pets... Just fun toys. Got the Yamato when it came out, too. Fun. Still hate the looks of the Galaxy (although the 3rd nacelle somehow balanced the ugly out some).

2. Anyone leaving a queue or sending mean messages over the choice of the pixels you choose to use in a game needs to either reevaluate their perspective or be evaluated by a psychologist, and shouldn't be in contact with the general public until they have done so. Wow, sad.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    orondisorondis Member Posts: 1,447 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    We fly about in 31c time ships that really should be f'ing godlike compared to 25c starships. Gameplay wise though they're the same (and they're time ships, they time travel!).

Just remember, this game's gameplay is very much disconnected from the narrative. Like how they keep trying to pretend the Borg are a major threat and the Iconians bring doom to us all...

Seriously, if the narrative matched the gameplay the Federation/KDF/Romulan-Republic would be the ancient all-powerful empires that had just awakened. I'm actually thinking about making the most alien evil looking starship possible and roleplaying as an ancient evil, mercilessly destroying Terran(Borg) installations and starships.

Hmm... In fact I may just do that.
    Previously Alendiak
    Daizen - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
    Selia - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
  • Options
    huskerklghuskerklg Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    bengahl wrote: »
    It's an Alternate timeline, thus setting up different circumstances for characters to exist upon..

This excuse for bad writing is getting old. How does a change in Kirks history completely change how Vulcans and Spock are?
    Same as Mirror Universe, possibly even the alt future "all good things" set up, and a few other alternate reality snippets that has happened here and there throughout Trek in its entirety.. Heck STO can be seen as its own little altverse.

Mirror universe isn't an alternate timeline per say, it is more a purposeful change in the nature of that existence. You can't justify the changes there by saying it was just a change in history. More a reverse reality than an alternate time line because of a change in history.
    The Kelvin Timeline's had what? 3 movies so far with a smattering of assorted other media?
    With glaring plot holes in all three. Plot holes. Not character changes based on a time line. Abrams and his writing team were lazy.

Again I don't mind the ships. I don't mind how JJ altenate is used in the game either.

I do take issue that the quality of the JJ movies is on par with the rest of the shows even if ignoring the timeline alteration.

I do take issue that once again, a TOS constitution isn't on the table, and they throw this at us, and in a lock box.
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    Here's a fun question for the haters ... how many of you who loathe the "alternate" timeline of the Kelvin, really dig the All Good Things timeline? How many folks who hate the abomination that is the "KT Enterprise" ... hypocritically LOVE the three nacelled abomination that is the Galaxy X?

I'm curious to see how strong the convictions actually are.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    talonxv wrote: »

All this boils down to "I don't like it, PWE didn't give me what I want WHAAAAA!!!"

Nope, it boils down to how JJ ruined Trek to make a mockery out of it. That is equal to something from the Comedy TV channel and other spoof shows.

• Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User

Nope, it boils down to how JJ ruined Trek to make a mockery out of it. That is equal to something from the Comedy TV channel and other spoof shows.

SyFy wasn't always the Comedy TV Channel.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options

SyFy wasn't always the Comedy TV Channel.

For JJ Trek it is on the Comedy Channel.

• Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,667 Arc User
    The Kelvin Timeline Heavy Command Cruiser [T6] is a Constitution Class vessel. And with NCC-1701 on its hull, you could, with a little bit of good will, say it's an endgame Connie. However, a 'Connie' is generally believed to be the original starship flown by Kirk; and, as such, the Kelvin ship is not the long sought-after T6 Connie.

Apart from CBS prohibiting endgame Connies, a true T6 Connie would be weird, as it could not possible be on par with the T6 ships we have now. It would, canon-wise, make no sense. An alternate timeline Connie, however, from an era in which the focus was more on heavy weaponry, *does* make sense, and becomes a plausible endgame Connie. I believe Cryptic did good, and kept CBS happy at the same time too.

Yet we got T6 Excelsiors, T6 Tvaro, T6 Daedalus, T6 Galaxies, etc, etc
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    ccs46ccs46 Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited July 2016

This translates to: WHAAAA! THE MOVIE WAS SUCCESSFUL AND DIFFERENT FROM WHAT I THINK TREK IS IS! JUST BECAUSE I HATE IT MAKES IT HORRIBLE AND IT RUINED TREK. I don't see how he ruined trek. Both Trek Movies are very successful. The 2nd wasn't as the first but its that way with all movie sagas. I expect the 3rd to be profitable and the 4th as well. Ok while you stay in your bubble and only version of trek and never see any new stories. We'll be actually supporting what WE love. Which is completely fine.

• Options
    i2hellfirei2hellfire Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Nope, it boils down to how JJ ruined Trek to make a mockery out of it.

That's a pretty ridiculous statement and you know it. Maybe JJ ruined it for you, but I'm pretty sure he did the opposite for alot of new fans. You can cling all you want to your personal idea of what Star Trek was and should be always, but really, that's just myopic. And at the end of the day, to be completely honest, inconsequential. You'll be left behind as a new generation of Trek fans come on board.
  • Options
    daendaedaendae Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    artan42 wrote: »
    calidhris wrote: »
    , a shaky camera, excessive lens flares and a plethora of mindless action sequences (something especially Nemesis was guilty of, too) and you get a very bad mix.

You'd prefer two ships hung from strings a metre from each other with drawn on lasers? I can see why you'd hate excitement.

Strawman. No one ever said that.

Without action sequences, the action becomes stale. 'Mindless' is generally a substitute for exciting when somebody doesn't want to say that. I didn't like the story of 'Nemesis', but I'm not daft enough to pretend it wasn't a spectacle to watch. And I don't even like the choices made in 09. I hated the lense flare, dutch angles, shaky cam, and zoom shoots because it made it so hard to appreciate all the astonishing detail and care that went into the construction of the ships, sets, locations and the whole piece.

Quite. I have no problem with having more action, but it can't be used to obfuscate the lack of a story or the irrational behaviour of the characters. I can't be blinded by shiny explosions and lens flare.

Apparently people can because they ignore the plots and pretend they don't exist building a strawman of the film they can hate.
    And the worst of it all is: Previous re-imaginings of the Trek universe respected what came before. Previous series always added to what was there before. Even Enterprise came out and 'fixed' most discrepancies by saying they were later corrected in the timeline.

This did add to what was there before, what came before was ENT. the KT builds on that. It's an alternate timeline.

This is debatable, for some of the reasons I cited before. Part of the issue is that Enterprise was so badly written too.

Still, the KT does not contradict or disrespect anything in ENT. It's completely unrelated to any of the other shows.

Not directly, no. Enterprise was troubled by the same kinds of problems JJ's films are, though. Weak stories, bad characterization, contrived plot elements, etc. Sure, it had its moments (as did Voyager, and as did JJ's films), but it was pretty bad too. You might argue that JJ just followed up on THAT!

It's no better or worse than ENT take that as you will.
    Abrams Trek does not respect what came before.

Bollocks.

No, it's true. Abrams even said Star Trek fans would hate the movie, that he wasn't a Star Trek fan.

Oh, sorry, I forgot JJ was the only person involved in the film. Starship Class, Delta Vega, Pike, Cardassians, Section 31, the Daystrom Institute, Sulu's sword fighting skills. The films are full of detailed beneath the surface that you ignore because you don't want to know.

Much of what's there references the original material, but it's been distorted. Calling the ship a "Starship" isn't an homage, it's just what it is. Delta Vega wasn't a moon of Vulcan, it was a planet near the EDGE OF THE GALAXY. Pike was a character in TOS, but his personality is totally different in JJTrek. I saw no Cardassians, Section 31 or Daystrom institute references in JJTrek, but I might have missed those. Sulu was a FENCER, not a samurai or ninja; Douglas Fairbanks, not Toshiro Mifune.

Nope, it's a direct homage to the original dedication plaque. Delta Vega isn't a moon of Vulcan in the film, Pike's characterisation is spot on, Cardassian drinks were ordered in 09, the Daystrom institute was bombed in ID, s31 were the main badguys of ID! And Sulu had fencing training, that's the line he says in the film.
    It's a mean-spirited parody. Its creators have admitted as much.

Not even slightly

Actually, totally.

[ Citation needed ]

Again, JJ did say he wasn't a fan of Star Trek. Saying he was mean spirited might be a bit much, so I'll give you this one.

Sometimes franchises need creative forces that can take a step back. Contrast with B&B.
    It portrays a timeline incursion at a pivotal point in the Trek storyline simply so they can completely disregard anything that was released before, and they do it with a vengeance. Into Darkness was not one wee bit better

Correct. So what's your point? If you understand it's a alternate timeline why are you bothered?

Because its BAD STORYTELLING. Nothing makes sense and the characters act like idiots. I mean, Spock maroons Kirk on a planet/moon apparently in orbit around a planet being consumed by a black hole. What did he thing would happen to that planet? Why not simply throw Kirk in the BRIG? It was a brainless contrivance to further the vapid plot, and one of many.

In orbit aro... what? Delta Vega is not in the Vulcan system. Are you seriously trying to use coincidence as a argument as to how the KT films are against the spirit of 'True Trek TM'. Are you seriously suggesting that?

If Delta Vega wasn't in the Vulcan system, how was old Spock able to watch the destruction of Vulcan from there? For Vulcan to appear in the sky as large as it did in the film, it HAD to be in orbit of Vulcan (or Vulcan was orbitting IT).

I duno. It's been suggested this was a sort of vision thing which would be quite nice piece of Vulcan worldbuilding.
    If you look at it closely, the temporal incursion in Abrams Trek does not explain most differences. Abrams Trek does not feel like it's Star Trek at all. The Kelvin alone, a ship supposedly from the prime universe into which the incursion from the prime universe future took place... it should have been a Daedalus class or something, not this monstrosity. The Nerada is equally horrible. Looks like a bad attempt at doing a Shadow vessel from Babylon 5. Certainly not like a Romulan ship.

A Daedalus? I don't think you can count. The Kelvin is a perfect example of a future version of an ENT era ship. All bare metal, turreted weapons, an industrial look, and realistic bridge. And the Nerada ia a Romulan ship with borg bits. Even if you don't accept that bit it's a civilian mining ship. It's not going to look like a military ship is it?

I didn't mind the Kelvin. However, why would they go back to little turrets when they had beam weapons in Enterprise? Otherwise, it was a good looking ship. Nerada, on the other hand was an idiotic design, and no, you don't get to say it's part Borg, because that never appeared in the film. It isn't in the film, you don't get credit for it. A mining ship is a WORKING ship, it's going to be utilitarian. Nerada is decidedly NOT. The interior is as bad, with tiny walkways and no railings, and whatnot.

They didn't go back to them, they went to them. Just earlier. ENT had beams fired from turrets, the Kelvin had pulses fired from turrets, TOS had beams fired from emitters, the TOS films pulses fired from emitters and TNG onwards beams fired from arrays.
    The Nerada is a mining ship, it full of space, where else would it fit all the ore? Asteroids are pretty big things you know.

Yeah, I suppose I can see similarities to the phasers from Wrath of Khan. The Nerada was not constructed in any kind of utilitarian way. All those spines on the front of the ship, what were they FOR? I didn't see anything on that ship that suggested it was built to mine.

Grabbing asteroids and tearing them apart at a guess.
    No other change in or to the Trek universe has ever been this divisive, no other change has ever been this destructive.

That's cute. Every new series had undergone the same amount of hate.

Not true. They all cause a bit of controversy, but nothing like this.

That's observational bias. You're seeing this first hand on the internet. A system of bitching that just didn't exist back when TMP destroyed TOS, or when TNG destroyed TOS, or when DS9 destroyed TNG, or when VOY destroyed ST in general. Hell, even ENTwas on the fringes of the explosion of the internet, it predates Youtube for goodness sake.

Sure, there's been disagreement, and people who vehemently dislike each of the new series. My own parents have no interest in anything but the TOS. However, I've never seen ANY division of the fanbase as deep as this, and I've been around a while now.

Again, the internet has never been this large or mainstream.

So, long story short, the hatred for the ships stems from a hatred of those films.

That's true.
    The ships themselves are despised because of what they replace.

Alternate Timeline, they don't replace anything.

They replace the ship(s) the fans have been asking for for YEARS.

No it doesn't, it's a different ship.

Yes, yes it does. We wanted the TOS Constitution, they gave us something else. They replaced what we wanted with something else.

No. You haven't got your TOS Conni yet. The KT one isn't replacing anything.
    Because they're trying to tell us (as you has in your intro post) that we've go an endgame Connie now - which we don't because that ship does not deserve to be called that.

It's dedication plaque states Constitution Class.

A giant purple bubble with pink wings and a dedication plaque that says Constitution class would also be a Constitution class, but clearly NOT the one we were asking for.

I'd fly one.

With good stats, I'm sure some people would fly anything. However, most of those people are not here for the Star Trek, they're just here for the GAME. It's a subtle distinction.
    The ships themselves are despised because of what they represent. Because they're the symbol for all that is wrong with Abrams Trek - which we don't want to see in the game as it constantly reminds us of it.

There's nothing wrong with the KT and the ships least of all.

See everything I said above. Bad writing, bad characterization, ignorance of known science, disregard for the existing canon, disregard for the existing fans, etc.

Oh look, you're describing all of Star Trek. So vague. So general.

No, not really. Sure, there were some contradictions that slipped through the cracks, but they were always careful to be as consistent as they could be, especially by the time of TNG. The science was kept as realistic and accurate as possible. Characters behaved in consistent ways (until Janeway came along, at least). Stories followed logical paths and didn't employ gratuitous plot contrivances (generally).

No, no they really weren't. Seriously, ST is narrative first, since, continuity, logic second. That's how it's always been, that's how it always will be.
    and thus they've moved away from trying to please Trekkies. That is not the fault of those players who happen to like Abrams Trek, it's the fault of those who decided to put these vessels into the game in the first place.

I can hear the bagpipes of the True Scotsman warming up.

On this point, I can understand them putting them in the game. People did want them. However people ALSO wanted the REAL Star Trek ships. (Oh, and I'm of Scottish heritage)

These are real Star trek ships. Unless you mean the ships of 'True Trek TM'? It's a good job they're in the game then. Not T6 yet, but a TOS Constitution will no doubt be on the cards, it's not the 50th yet.

We're still hoping. As I say, all they really need do is make it a variant for the JJConnie.
    This is the reason I asked for a graphics mod in an earlier thread, to allow those of us to have a visual alternative who do not constantly want to be reminded of Abrams Trek through the visuals of the ships, that new uniform pack and (I fear) more stuff to come, without trying to force it on those players who happen to like it.

Really? Do you think we can do that with the TNG visuals as well because some of us really don't want to see the Galaxy at all. I don't see why we should have TNG shoved down out throats in this ST game. Everybody knows TNG is not 'True Star Trek TM'.

Actually, I suggested this when the game launched, a client side mod that would let each player play in the era they want.

Pointless waste of resources.

To YOU. Many of us would think otherwise.

A minority thankfully.

Your formating has me completely and totally confused.

^ But it is interesting to read, I will give you that.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    i2hellfire wrote: »
    That's a pretty ridiculous statement and you know it. Maybe JJ ruined it for you, but I'm pretty sure he did the opposite for alot of new fans. You can cling all you want to your personal idea of what Star Trek was and should be always, but really, that's just myopic. And at the end of the day, to be completely honest, inconsequential. You'll be left behind as a new generation of Trek fans come on board.
    Agreed. Every Star Trek has been derided as the worst ever by the "purists" and if CBS and Paramount had listened to them Star Trek would be a dead franchise.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    I'm gone a few months and right back where we left off...Except JJ Trek in game WTF!! when??? HOW!? WHY?? my head hurts already
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    highlord83highlord83 Member Posts: 229 Arc User

"JJ ruined trek!!1111oneonelelventyoneone!!11221!!!" Yup. Ruined it to the ground. Went into archives and destroyed the Holy TOS reels, sends stormtroopers out to smash memrobilia and everything.

Get over yourself.

ub1smht.jpg
    "So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again."
    -Dedication plaque of the Federation Starship U.S.S. Merkava
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    ccs46 wrote: »

This translates to: WHAAAA! THE MOVIE WAS SUCCESSFUL AND DIFFERENT FROM WHAT I THINK TREK IS IS! JUST BECAUSE I HATE IT MAKES IT HORRIBLE AND IT RUINED TREK. I don't see how he ruined trek. Both Trek Movies are very successful. The 2nd wasn't as the first but its that way with all movie sagas. I expect the 3rd to be profitable and the 4th as well. Ok while you stay in your bubble and only version of trek and never see any new stories. We'll be actually supporting what WE love. Which is completely fine.

This goes for the same ones, saying Whaaaa! Nemesis ruined it! Enterprise ruined it!

Yes we will get new stories. This is why they doing the TV show to correct the damages for JJ Spoof Trek. When JJ went to produce the movie. He only saw 2 things. He was wanted the $. And he was stuck on his lost series. So he didn't have a clue cause he was ..... lost.
    Post edited by farmallm on

• Options
    i2hellfire wrote: »

Its not ridiculous, your ridiculous. Cause someone hates it and you don't know why.

• Options
    edited July 2016
    highlord83 wrote: »

"JJ ruined trek!!1111oneonelelventyoneone!!11221!!!" Yup. Ruined it to the ground. Went into archives and destroyed the Holy TOS reels, sends stormtroopers out to smash memrobilia and everything.

Get over yourself.

ub1smht.jpg

Hope you enjoy the new spoof movie. Cute kid, now I see what you look like.

• Options
    baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited July 2016

Its not ridiculous, your ridiculous. Cause someone hates it and you don't know why.

"You're" and "your", learn the difference... also, I hate that ship in your signature, and you don't know why.
    This is why they doing the TV show to correct the damages for Jar Jar Spoof Trek.

again, "they're" ...you definately need to figure out a few things in that regard.

But think about this: Are they making a new TV series because the movies did so well? Isn't that more likely than your abstruse idea? Maybe the fact that the JJ-films revitalized the whole franchise is the reason there still is any Trek?
    I know, goes completely against your ignorant, hateful narrative, but on the otherhand is 10 times more likely.
    Go pro or go home
  • Options
    baudl wrote: »

"You're" and "your", learn the difference... also, I hate that ship in your signature, and you don't know why.

We all have our differences. Some like it, some don't.

• Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    orondis wrote: »
    We fly about in 31c time ships that really should be f'ing godlike compared to 25c starships. Gameplay wise though they're the same (and they're time ships, they time travel!).

All our ships time travel all the time in the new episodes.
  • Options
    nrobbiecnrobbiec Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    I don't like the reboot timeline, don't like OG TOS either so I just don't watch them. This is a game it doesn't need to make sense regarding ships and uniforms but hey Star Trek is a multiverse so anything goes. Technically STO is a multiverse since every captain is doing the same thing it's like each character is their own universe.
  • Options
    hmkchmkc Member Posts: 79 Arc User

^And there, ends the argument @ WE GOT all of these T6 versions (FLEET); but still NO T6 Constitution that isn't a clever sub (bait and switch) for - THE TOS 2260's era ship that began it ALL.

Nor, a method to update and / or, use it's TOS era skin by graphing onto a T6 class level ship!

And No plausible reason as to why? (Unless you are trying to parley, monetize this beyond anything the game
    has ever seen and are not ready to unveil those plans as of yet?)

All of this is epicenter of frustration, what ever legal mumbo-jumbo, I know not of....The only thing that is certain is.... that the people are not getting what they specifically have been asking for a very long time!
    Kirk out!
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    This is what I love about STO. Something for everyone to enjoy. Fans of all ages.

• Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,667 Arc User
    hmkc wrote: »

^And there, ends the argument @ WE GOT all of these T6 versions (FLEET); but still NO T6 Constitution that isn't a clever sub (bait and switch) for - THE TOS 2260's era ship that began it ALL.

Nor, a method to update and / or, use it's TOS era skin by graphing onto a T6 class level ship!

And No plausible reason as to why? (Unless you are trying to parley, monetize this beyond anything the game
    has ever seen and are not ready to unveil those plans as of yet?)

All of this is epicenter of frustration, what ever legal mumbo-jumbo, I know not of....The only thing that is certain is.... that the people are not getting what they specifically have been asking for a very long time!

Yep, it's like PBS/Paramount are run by a bunch angry neckbeards, like comic book guy from the Simpsons, who's got Canon so far up their you know what, that they can't see or think straight.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
This discussion has been closed.