test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The hate for the Kelvin ships is ridiculous...

Comments

• Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    PBS is a non profit isn't it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    hmkc wrote: »
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    The Kelvin Timeline Heavy Command Cruiser [T6] is a Constitution Class vessel. And with NCC-1701 on its hull, you could, with a little bit of good will, say it's an endgame Connie. However, a 'Connie' is generally believed to be the original starship flown by Kirk; and, as such, the Kelvin ship is not the long sought-after T6 Connie.

Apart from CBS prohibiting endgame Connies, a true T6 Connie would be weird, as it could not possible be on par with the T6 ships we have now. It would, canon-wise, make no sense. An alternate timeline Connie, however, from an era in which the focus was more on heavy weaponry, *does* make sense, and becomes a plausible endgame Connie. I believe Cryptic did good, and kept CBS happy at the same time too.

Yet we got T6 Excelsiors, T6 Tvaro, T6 Daedalus, T6 Galaxies, etc, etc

^And there, ends the argument @ WE GOT all of these T6 versions (FLEET); but still NO T6 Constitution that isn't a clever sub (bait and switch) for - THE TOS 2260's era ship that began it ALL.

Nor, a method to update and / or, use it's TOS era skin by graphing onto a T6 class level ship!

And No plausible reason as to why? (Unless you are trying to parley, monetize this beyond anything the game
    has ever seen and are not ready to unveil those plans as of yet?)

All of this is epicenter of frustration, what ever legal mumbo-jumbo, I know not of....The only thing that is certain is.... that the people are not getting what they specifically have been asking for a very long time!

Yep, it's like PBS/Paramount are run by a bunch angry neckbeards, like comic book guy from the Simpsons, who's got Canon so far up their you know what, that they can't see or think straight.
    I don't think "canon" has anything to do with it. There are two ship in game fated to be "never t6". the original model of Connie, and the T'Liss. what do they have in common? who built the original studio models? that probably has more to do with why they're never to be t6.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    highlord83highlord83 Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    farmallm wrote: »
    ccs46 wrote: »

Nope, it boils down to how JJ ruined Trek to make a mockery out of it. That is equal to something from the Comedy TV channel and other spoof shows.
    This translates to: WHAAAA! THE MOVIE WAS SUCCESSFUL AND DIFFERENT FROM WHAT I THINK TREK IS IS! JUST BECAUSE I HATE IT MAKES IT HORRIBLE AND IT RUINED TREK. I don't see how he ruined trek. Both Trek Movies are very successful. The 2nd wasn't as the first but its that way with all movie sagas. I expect the 3rd to be profitable and the 4th as well. Ok while you stay in your bubble and only version of trek and never see any new stories. We'll be actually supporting what WE love. Which is completely fine.

This goes for the same ones, saying Whaaaa! Nemesis ruined it! Enterprise ruined it!

Yes we will get new stories. This is why they doing the TV show to correct the damages for JJ Spoof Trek. When JJ went to produce the movie. He only saw 2 things. He was wanted the $. And he was stuck on his lost series. So he didn't have a clue cause he was ..... lost.

I sincerely hope that the new series is based in the Kelvin timeline. One, because it'd be great, fun and enjoyable. Two, it would make people like you squeal like stuck pigs and throw public tantrums akin to those of spoiled children. Even better, it'd also likely chase you away back into your holes so the rest of us could enjoy it in peace.

Now go back to beating your fists on the floor and screaming tears over people liking what you don't like.
    "So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again."
    -Dedication plaque of the Federation Starship U.S.S. Merkava
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    talonxv wrote: »

All this boils down to "I don't like it, PWE didn't give me what I want WHAAAAA!!!"

Nope, it boils down to how TNG ruined the original Star Trek to make a mockery out of it. That is equal to something from the Comedy TV channel and other spoof shows.
    ^^^
    Fixed that for you. ;)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User

All this boils down to "I don't like it, PWE didn't give me what I want WHAAAAA!!!"

Nope, it boils down to how JJ ruined Trek to make a mockery out of it. That is equal to something from the Comedy TV channel and other spoof shows.

Star trek does that on it's own long before the KT time line came along. And contradicts itself CONSTANTLY.

I was going to do a long indepth look at how convoluted and hysterically wrong the Spock Sacrifice scene inTWOK is compared to what Kirk does in Beyond but I'm just going to boil it down to this.

Spock literally puts his hands in warp plasma, re arranges god knows what and gets the mains fixed without severely burning himself or burning his arms off and you don't even bat an eyelash.

Kirk kicks a misaligned reactor core back into position and you lose your freaking mind.

Yeah...uh huh.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options

Nope, it boils down to how TNG ruined the original Star Trek to make a mockery out of it. That is equal to something from the Comedy TV channel and other spoof shows.
    ^^^
    Fixed that for you. ;)

highest-of-fives.gif
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    ccs46ccs46 Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    The Kelvin Timeline Heavy Command Cruiser [T6] is a Constitution Class vessel. And with NCC-1701 on its hull, you could, with a little bit of good will, say it's an endgame Connie. However, a 'Connie' is generally believed to be the original starship flown by Kirk; and, as such, the Kelvin ship is not the long sought-after T6 Connie.

Apart from CBS prohibiting endgame Connies, a true T6 Connie would be weird, as it could not possible be on par with the T6 ships we have now. It would, canon-wise, make no sense. An alternate timeline Connie, however, from an era in which the focus was more on heavy weaponry, *does* make sense, and becomes a plausible endgame Connie. I believe Cryptic did good, and kept CBS happy at the same time too.

Yet we got T6 Excelsiors, T6 Tvaro, T6 Daedalus, T6 Galaxies, etc, etc

^And there, ends the argument @ WE GOT all of these T6 versions (FLEET); but still NO T6 Constitution that isn't a clever sub (bait and switch) for - THE TOS 2260's era ship that began it ALL.

Nor, a method to update and / or, use it's TOS era skin by graphing onto a T6 class level ship!

And No plausible reason as to why? (Unless you are trying to parley, monetize this beyond anything the game

All of this is epicenter of frustration, what ever legal mumbo-jumbo, I know not of....The only thing that is certain is.... that the people are not getting what they specifically have been asking for a very long time!
    You know what ends your argument? CBS/Paramount Said no. They hold the copyright, they make the rules what can be done with the Star Trek name. End of story.

To Recap: CBS is our new overlords, the second star to the right, cheese, puppies, bacon, KHAN!!!!!...

Thank You.

• Options
    ccs46ccs46 Member Posts: 117 Arc User

^^^
    Fixed that for you. ;)

highest-of-fives.gif
    Is that Super Sentai?

• Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User

People all over the world consistently 'are not getting what they specifically have been asking for.' That's because self-entitlement doesn't mean anything in the real world. CBS said no. Period. And the way Geko handled this, what with working around the injunction, via an alternate timeline, and all, is nothing short of sheer awesome! Ya'll got as close to an endgame Connie as you'll ever get. Personally, I am grateful for that.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options

People all over the world consistently 'are not getting what they specifically have been asking for.' That's because self-entitlement doesn't mean anything in the real world. PBS said no. Period. And the way Geko handled this, what with working around the injunction, via an alternate timeline, and all, is nothing short of sheer awesome! Ya'll got as close to an endgame Connie as you'll ever get. Personally, I am grateful for that.

Had to correct your typo as it was revealed in a separate thread that PBS said no. Which makes a lot more sense now that we all take a moment to think about it.

1- Big Bird can't fit in a TOS Connie.
    2- Snuffy is FROM the Kelvin Timeline, and that's why no one else on the block can see him.
    3- Oscar pilots his own Excelsior Class garbage scow.
    4- Two of my Boffs are named Burt and Ernie.

So in conclusion: It was PBS all along people! P! B! S! Said no!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    redeyedravenredeyedraven Member Posts: 1,297 Arc User
    So in conclusion: It was PBS all along people! P! B! S! Said no!

KFC and NBC said no, too. Even though they didn't know to what o.o

• Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Just say no!
  • Options
    hmkchmkc Member Posts: 79 Arc User

People all over the world consistently 'are not getting what they specifically have been asking for.' That's because self-entitlement doesn't mean anything in the real world. CBS said no. Period. And the way Geko handled this, what with working around the injunction, via an alternate timeline, and all, is nothing short of sheer awesome! Ya'll got as close to an endgame Connie as you'll ever get. Personally, I am grateful for that.

YES......And this being a simple request to CBS (for a game) makes it even more ridiculous that this can not be honored - all the while, giving a rather child like explanation of "NO" with no other plausible statement to support this position, makes the whole "magila" seem very petty.

(Unless, they have some great plans for further monetization of this product to parley a T6 - TOS - (Constitution) version to community)
    Kirk out!
  • Options
    sylveriareldensylveriarelden Member Posts: 531 Arc User
    (Unless, they have some great plans for further monetization of this product to parley a T6 - TOS - (Constitution) version to community)

Actually, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest- combined with the fact they put the KT Constitution in the lockbox, it means they're now free to release the T6 Connie as a C-Store item instead, too.

I'm glad I have no pony in this race, I can just imagine the amount of crow being eaten by people who are gloating at present.
    It's not you- it's me. I just need my space.

Being critical doesn't take skill. Being constructively critical- which is providing alternative solutions or suggestions to a demonstrated problem, however, does.
  • Options
    redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
    I was going to do a long indepth look at how convoluted and hysterically wrong the Spock Sacrifice scene inTWOK is compared to what Kirk does in Beyond but I'm just going to boil it down to this.

Spock literally puts his hands in warp plasma, re arranges god knows what and gets the mains fixed without severely burning himself or burning his arms off and you don't even bat an eyelash.

Kirk kicks a misaligned reactor core back into position and you lose your freaking mind.

Yeah...uh huh.
    Look, that gas cannot be plasma, nor is it ever implied that it is. While Star Trek has alot of silly stuff, I doubt it has warp drive controls exposed to freaking plasma.

Scotty says he has to "take the mains offline because of radiation". The reason Kirk cannot goto Spock is because that magic glass is keeping "teh radiations" out of the people space (except when "teh radiations" leak into the people space to make Scotty pass out). As far as we know, Spock did not do anything to reduce "teh radiations", he just turned the freakin warp drive back on.

If you want to get nitpicky, who turned the warp drive off? Like, did some poor shmuck go futzing in the radiation death-chamber before Spock got there (cuz Scotty is busy being unconscious)? If someone just pushed a couple of buttons, why didn't Spock just push a few buttons too? Why go into the radiation death-chamber?
  • Options
    @redvenge

It has to be. The power mains HAVE to be tied directly to the warp core. Which pushes energy in the form of highly charged plasma.

Otherwise that gas is a gigantic plot hole in of itself of what the hell that actually was Spock was fiddling around with.

And to top it off, how in the name of hell did he know what the problem was when scotty, aka gods gift to engineering couldn't figure it out when he had those few hours to fix the Enterprise?
    afMSv4g.jpg

• Options
    Actually, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest- combined with the fact they put the KT Constitution in the lockbox, it means they're now free to release the T6 Connie as a C-Store item instead, too.

I'm glad I have no pony in this race, I can just imagine the amount of crow being eaten by people who are gloating at present.
    Like I said before, I think the reason is due to out of universe reasons related to the ownership status of the original studio model. Basically it's possible that CBS has to pay royalties to use the TOS Connie. It kinda explains why they replaced it in the TOS movies.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options

Like I said before, I think the reason is due to out of universe reasons related to the ownership status of the original studio model. Basically it's possible that CBS has to pay royalties to use the TOS Connie. It kinda explains why they replaced it in the TOS movies.

The model is already in the game. And the ship is already part of the store. So any royalties are already being paid.

:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    gothkid1972gothkid1972 Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Post removed ~Askray
    Post edited by askray on
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Post removed ~Askray
    Post edited by askray on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Yeah...edited
    Post edited by askray on
  • Options
    And I still see the hate train moving along. God all you "purists" who want to hold onto the past make me sick. Again think this is what Gene Roddenberry wanted?

I thought the whole premise of Star Trek was "infinite possibilities in infinite combinations". Or did all of you who are screaming, crying and stamping your feet over the KT Constitution forget that? HMMM?

Now as it was brought up on page 2, I'll bring it up here. A ship like this, love it or hate it brings a problem. Tying it to a lockbox when many people do want it is a very frightening trend. I mean tying the Vengeance to a lock-box I get that.

But come on the KT Constitution, should of been in the Zen store.

Actually if you know Star Trek "IDIC" was tossed in so Gene could sell necklaces to cash in on Star Treks popularity.

In fact both Shatner and Nimoy wanted nothing to do with the obvious cash grab scene the way it was written, and refused to come on set, until its obvious commercialism was reduced. Thats what IDIC's about, making money....

So, please dont try that IDIC TRIBBLE...and if you want to bring up Rodenberry, you do realize this TRIBBLE that is JJTrek would have nauseated him...Besides his many shortcoming's, he didnt want an Action/Adventure show...cause is there a plot in Craptrek besides blow TRIBBLE up?
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Also don't quote it either.
    Post edited by askray on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    whamhammer1whamhammer1 Member Posts: 2,290 Arc User
    For me, it feels live the reboot scripts and concepts were just phoned in. I gave 2009 the benefit of the doubt but Into the Darkness really was a letdown for me. In one fell swoop, they managed to make ship travel obsolete, when one can travel from Earth-to-Q'onos via transporter. I think "How it Should Have Ended" got it right on thier parody of the flick.
  • Options

The model is already in the game. And the ship is already part of the store. So any royalties are already being paid.

I don't know about that.... You're assuming royalties are a flat fee. We don't know if this one is.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Edited.
    Post edited by askray on
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options

I don't know about that.... You're assuming royalties are a flat fee. We don't know if this one is.

But the ship first appeared as a reward for buying the box from a specific outlet. So whatever deal was needed, had to cover those terms. Then it was offered in the store itself for purchase. So if the terms had to change, they changed then. Then it got made part of a TOS pack. Again, if terms had to change, they changed again. Then it got made a part of the AoY pack and AoY starter pack. AND the model got redone for AoY. Again, if terms had to change, they just recently got changed again.

And whatever the criteria are for the ship to be in the game, I'm confident in my guesstimation that it's already been covered. The ship model exists, and was recently updated by the art team. The ship is being sold in the store and has been integrated into the game's purchasing model in a variety of ways over the years.

It's my hot take that we will get something available to us using this model. We just don't know it yet, as it's not September. And just like their super secret terms and criteria for giveaways, there really isn't a need to reveal any of this to us in general let alone on the forums. And there's not really much data to "mine" since all of those elements already exist.

So if I had quatloos to bet, I'd bet that we do in the next month or two get a TOS Constitution skin available to us on a later tier vessel in some way. And that this is tied into the 50th anniversary. And that the details haven't been revealed because it's a surprise. And if I'm wrong. Oh well. But if I'm right, then thank the great bird of the galaxy that this hate filled debate between fans of one Enterprise and fans of a different Enterprise can finally level up.

;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2016
    Edited
    Post edited by askray on
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
    @redvenge

It has to be. The power mains HAVE to be tied directly to the warp core. Which pushes energy in the form of highly charged plasma.

Otherwise that gas is a gigantic plot hole in of itself of what the hell that actually was Spock was fiddling around with.

And to top it off, how in the name of hell did he know what the problem was when scotty, aka gods gift to engineering couldn't figure it out when he had those few hours to fix the Enterprise?
    You can have any number of controls between the operator and the mains which tie into whatever space-magic makes the Enterprise get the heck away from the Reliant.

I believe the vapors Spock was exposed to was some sort of visual representation of "teh radiations" so the casual movie-going audience could see the danger Spock was in. Everyone was screaming about "teh radiations", not super-heated gas.

Scotty turned off the mains because of "teh radiations". Spock didn't do anything about "teh radiations", he just turned the silly engines back on. So the plot hole is "uh... what about them radiations?". Keep in mind Spock's corpse would very likely be lethal to anyone standing a few feet away. They must have magic radiation removing cleaner, or else everyone at his funeral just got leukemia. Unless they can cure leukemia with space magic. Maybe they had some of Khan's blood lying around?
This discussion has been closed.