What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Kelvin Lock Box

Comments

• Options
    sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    Your T6 Connie has arrived.

Itll cost you about a few hundred dollars of gambling minimum and up to a thousand.
    Itll cost 1 Billon EC on the exchange.

Im gonna laugh hard whenever i see one in game.
    Thanks for funding the game space whales.
    Enjoy your ships!

Don't worry, we'll enjoy them.

I hope.
  • Options
    officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    I dont care for those things, there is no jealousy here. I dont observe JJTrek.

Like i said, thank you for funding the game for people, im genuine.

The devs will be able to put food on the table and make their mortgage off of this lockbox.
    Post edited by officerbatman81 on
  • Options
    jabofneurospinejabofneurospine Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Seems interesting. Won't be opening any lockboxes on principal, but the ships look great. The art team really outdid themselves on the Kelvin Constitution, the Vengence, and the BOP.

I'm a little confused about the T'Laru though. Is it an original design? I don't recall seeing anything of that design in the movies. (no romulan ships at all in fact besides the Narada) Also, what would an intel carrier warbird be doing with a mining laser? Or is that just there so it has some thing to tie it into the movie?

Really appreciate the cross-faction support in this box though. Wish there was more of that throughout the game, especially with the strongly biased selection of c-store ships that exist now.

Edit:Removed complaint about single hangar on T'laru. Also, turns out the T'laru looks absolutely amazing, the screenshot in the blog post just didn't do it justice.
    Post edited by jabofneurospine on
  • Options
    captsolcaptsol Member Posts: 921 Arc User
    I dont care for those things, there is no jealousy here. I dont observe JJTrek.

Like i said, thank you for funding the game for people, im genuine.

The devs will about the put food on the table and make their mortgage off of this lockbox.

Now, now, they have to split the profits with China and CBS.
  • Options
    vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    Really Sad about this Cryptic.

I really believe that if you had put these items into the CStore, you guys would have made decent money, (I for one would have bought the pack), but you and PW wanted insane money instead.

I know you have to make money, I really get that, but as an earlier poster out it: "Still, 50th anniversary and they stick the only Holy Grail T6 Connie in the Lobi store...that's coooold blooded."

Pretty sure this will put everything straight out of my reach, again, really sad about that, but I'll get over it. Still you've lost a tad of the goodwill and excitement I had developed here for the AOY launch, if that still means anything at all anymore.
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Hey look i get to save my money, ty cryptic now i dont feel compelled to spend on this game, but hey you guys like to patronise the whales so idk why its stil F2P tbh :/
  • Options
    crash490rcrash490r Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    Really hyped for this.
    LTS Since 2012
    do1ao9.jpg
  • Options
    teknesiateknesia Member Posts: 860 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Watch their be a real T6 style Connie in the pipeline for the actual anniversary. Then... then the people who bought into the t6 Kelvin Heavy Cruiser can really get up in arms about this.

I was always sad that this ship didn't make it any further into Cryptic's selection
    ent-f_final_small.jpg
    edbf9204-c725-4dab-a35a-46626a4cb978.jpg
  • Options
    teknesia wrote: »
    Watch their be a real T6 style Connie in the pipeline for the actual anniversary. Then... then the people who bought into the t6 Kelvin Heavy Cruiser can really get up in arms about this.

But that would upset their patron whales, and cryptic cant have that now can they, probably will wind up in a R&D pack like the annorax.
  • Options
    tymerstotymersto Member Posts: 433 Arc User

I sure hope so.
    That would be so sweet, so long as it doesn't get Boxed or Lobied...

Thank you for the time...

STO CBT Player - 400 day+ Vet, Currently Silver
    Cryptic, would you actulaly like me to spend actual Money? It's Simple:
    • Full, Story-driven, select from start 1-50 Klingon Side
    • Scrap current Lock Box & Lobi system for something more reasonable
    • Expand Dil and Rep/Fleet Marks to regular story content
  • Options
    tymersto wrote: »

I sure hope so.

Tbh i would lay a bottom dollar bet, that a t6 connie would be either a R&D pack, Lobi ship, or in another damn box, cryptic is now patronising the whales of the game, and to hell with the rest of the players.
  • Options
    "Still, 50th anniversary and they stick the only Holy Grail T6 Connie in the Lobi store...that's coooold blooded."

They didn't stick it in the Lobi Store. That's the Vengeance. The T6 Connie is in a lockbox. :)
  • Options
    cuchulainn74cuchulainn74 Member Posts: 831 Arc User

I sure hope so.

Tbh i would lay a bottom dollar bet, that a t6 connie would be either a R&D pack, Lobi ship, or in another damn box, cryptic is now patronising the whales of the game, and to hell with the rest of the players.

I'm not sure that makes sense. Even a whale would rather save money and get an account-wide item, surely. Putting something in a lock box or R&D pack doesn't make anybody happier than putting it in the C-Store. It just makes more money. I'm sure there are tons of metrics on these things that get analyzed all the time. The bottom line remains the bottom line. It's a for-profit gig. Sometimes it kinda sucks.
    Fleet Admiral CuChulainn - U.S.S. Aegis KT Intel Dreadnought Cruiser
    vGdvFsX.jpg

• Options
    edited July 2016

I sure hope so.

I'm not sure that makes sense. Even a whale would rather save money and get an account-wide item, surely. Putting something in a lock box or R&D pack doesn't make anybody happier than putting it in the C-Store. It just makes more money. I'm sure there are tons of metrics on these things that get analyzed all the time. The bottom line remains the bottom line. It's a for-profit gig. Sometimes it kinda sucks.

All it means is that people will have to open box after box after box for a chance of getting it or wait until someone else does who is willing to sell it on the Exchange. Which means more money for Cryptic.
  • Options

I sure hope so.

Think about it who can afford to play this little gambling game they got with boxes, someone with deep pockets and with the dil exchang as it is? no way in hell anyone besides a whale can afford to put up that many keys for what they want.

and as far as the exhcange dont make me laugh man, the prices on either the KT Connie or the Vengeance will be so high only the elite player class could ever hope to get one.

so yeah cryptic really are patronising the whales who can spend a frak load of cash on zen and keys.
  • Options

I sure hope so.

Think about it who can afford to play this little gambling game they got with boxes, someone with deep pockets and with the dil exchang as it is? no way in hell anyone besides a whale can afford to put up that many keys for what they want.

and as far as the exhcange dont make me laugh man, the prices on either the KT Connie or the Vengeance will be so high only the elite player class could ever hope to get one.

so yeah cryptic really are patronising the whales who can spend a frak load of cash on zen and keys.

You forget that there are other ways to get Zen and thus Keys in this game.
  • Options
    keletteskelettes Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    "Ad astra audacter eamus in alis fidelium."
    -
    "To boldly go to the stars on the wings of the faithful."
  • Options
    captsol wrote: »

I sure hope so.

The dil exchange would like to have of word with you, at the prices right now it would take forever and a day to get enough dil to get the zen to buy a single key, and with the less then 1% chance of the box dropping the ship you want its just a waste.

And exchange keys since they nerfed the vendors way back when, its about the same grind to get even close to the ec needed for enough keys to even attempt it.
  • Options
    borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    kelettes wrote: »

Thanks! I was just coming by to post this information.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • Options

I sure hope so.

The dil exchange would like to have of word with you, at the prices right now it would take forever and a day to get enough dil to get the zen to buy a single key, and with the less then 1% chance of the box dropping the ship you want its just a waste.

And exchange keys since they nerfed the vendors way back when, its about the same grind to get even close to the ec needed for enough keys to even attempt it.

Yes, but that doesn't mean there aren't people with insane levels of in-game money/zen already.
  • Options

I sure hope so.

Yes, but that doesn't mean there aren't people with insane levels of in-game money/zen already.

But what of the players who dont, i guess they can just what bugger off?
  • Options
    edited July 2016

I sure hope so.

But what of the players who dont, i guess they can just what bugger off?

Pretty much. Cryptic puts money where they can get it back. The Federation gets them the most money which is why they get the most attention because it's worth it to spend time creating things. The Klingons and the Romulans don't make them money so they don't make as many things for them because it isn't worth the investment.
  • Options
    Lockbox ships are like 100-200m ec its not expensive guys get a grip.

Ah, but these will be. Believe me.
  • Options
    blitzy4blitzy4 Member Posts: 839 Arc User
    Lockbox ships are like 100-200m ec its not expensive guys get a grip.

I sure hope so.
    jKixCmJ.jpg
    "..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino

• Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    captaind3 wrote: »
    Anyone know how to get this goddamn smiley drop down list to go away....and die a horrible death?

Get folks to stop using the old smileys and use the double-colon format that pops up. It's a result of Vanilla getting confused by a space followed by a colon anywhere in a post. That bit does include one quoted by the post you're quoting, etc.
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • Options
    themetalstickmanthemetalstickman Member Posts: 1,010 Arc User
    Well if you want it on day 1 you pay day 1 prices, otherwise, as with every other lockbox in history, its a 'wait your turn' thing.

Exactly. I'm not gonna be getting a Vengeance or a KTC right away. I need to wait for a good price for the KTC, and it'll be a while before I get enough Lobi for a Vengeance
    Og12TbC.jpg

Your father was captain of a starship for twelve minutes. He saved 800 lives, including your mother's, and yours.

I dare you to do better.
  • Options
    rjoy79rjoy79 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    I really want the Constitution-class, but knowing my luck, will be a definite NO! and the Vengeance-Class would require too many lobi crystals, which I don't have. So all-in-all, two ships I really would like, but have ZERO chance of getting. Thanks again devs.