What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Really dissapointed that JJverse drek has invaded the game

Comments

• Options
    alpharaider47#7707 alpharaider47 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    cirran1 wrote: »
    The best part of this will be the salty tears of the Lens Flare fanbois when this is all they get. Their ships will become power creeped just like all the rest of em, and become a rarity. Just play the game, make fun of the Lens Flare parts and move on. It is less than a drop of water in the bucket that is STO. New content will come along and it will be just another minor part of STO. Think of all the epic trolling in sector space chat in about a year. You will see things like "hey Lens Flare fanbois, where is all the stuff you guys said was going to change the game, make it better? Oh you were talking about that 30min of content that was released last year. How's that going for you?"

Cirran

You seem to think that we won't continue to fly our new toys long into STO's future. If players can make T1 Connies viable for endgame content, imagine what we can do with T6. I think we're going to be enjoying ourselves for quite some time. Brace yourself, the age of the Lens Flare is upon you, and it will be here to stay.
    sFfAcbR.jpg
    STO Beta Test and Launch Veteran
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,043 Community Moderator
    Well... the Reapers from Mass Effect use molten metal projectiles. Not quite lava, but same idea.

As for my favorite EU Star Wars... I think it would have to be the Trawn trilogy. Grand Admiral Thrawn wasn't just some no name Imperial Warlord. He was a strategic genius.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    It's amazing how I can accidentally derail a thread so completely with a simple comment like that, but then on the rare occasion that I actually TRY to derail a thread I get ignored, lol
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    in YOUR opinion, which i am not even REMOTELY close to sharing

and don't EVER 'fix' one of my posts again​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    I almost disputed the idea of "real" fans, until I remembered that that's exactly what I refer to myself as when I start ranting about how the old Star Wars EU was better than that A New Hope rip off they call Episode 7, lol.
    most of it was...
    Most of the old EU was junk - fixed it for you. Lots of god-awful novels written by useless graphomaniacs like Kevin J. Anderson* with rare occasional good fiction from Zahn or Stackpole.
    *(He really should be taken for his very own Walk of Shame for so-called "Dune prequels", one of the most terrible sci-fi out there I was unfortunate to read).

I disagree, no one not even jacen was as big of a whiny ***** as kylo ren. I mean really can he even use the darkside. rey would make a better dark jedi. even emo has limits.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    nightken wrote: »
    I almost disputed the idea of "real" fans, until I remembered that that's exactly what I refer to myself as when I start ranting about how the old Star Wars EU was better than that A New Hope rip off they call Episode 7, lol.
    most of it was...
    Most of the old EU was junk - fixed it for you. Lots of god-awful novels written by useless graphomaniacs like Kevin J. Anderson* with rare occasional good fiction from Zahn or Stackpole.
    *(He really should be taken for his very own Walk of Shame for so-called "Dune prequels", one of the most terrible sci-fi out there I was unfortunate to read).

I disagree, no one not even jacen was as big of a whiny ***** as kylo ren. I mean really can he even use the darkside. rey would make a better dark jedi. even emo has limits.

Darth Caedus could kick Kylo Ren's a## in his sleep, and he failed at almost every evil plan he put in motion in the EU.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    Kylo Ren was rather funny with the property destruction though. Those two stormtroopers actually had a brain cell when they decided discression is the better part of valor and turned around.
    But TFA did honestly feel a bit like a rehash of concepts from ANH.
    • Hero is from a desert planet.
    • Hero gains a mentor and reveals the Force.
    • Evil has a Planet Killer.
    • Anakin's lightsaber. (major plot hole until they reveal how it was recovered in the first place)
    • Trench Run/Attack on Death Star
    • Mentor dies in the presense of Hero
    • Obligatory calling the Falcon Junk line.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    most of it was...

Darth Caedus could kick Kylo Ren's a## in his sleep, and he failed at almost every evil plan he put in motion in the EU.

he did save his illegitimate love child from the darkside and did seduce a warrior princess/queen. granted those weren't evil plans but the former was why he turned to the darkside in the first place.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • Options
    thelordofshadesthelordofshades Member Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Episode 7 is the weakest part of all the new canon (hell, even "SW: Rebels" series is better). But it doesn't make the old EU a shining example of good fiction either.
    TFA had some potential in it, but they seriously scr3wed up character development for most of major heroes, including the new ones. It's pity though - in my view, it could have been seriously improved with some changes to their backgrounds and current positions.

• Options
    I didn't get the 2 shot superweapon. Starkiller Base was literally 2 shots and done. It can't move and once the star was used up... what then? Abandon the planet because it won't be habitable anymore? What if they got the wrong target? WHY DIDN'T THE REPUBLIC EVEN KNEW IT WAS BEING BUILT?!
  • Options
    Episode 7 is the weakest part of all the new canon (hell, even "SW: Rebels" series is better). But it doesn't make the old EU a shining example of good fiction.
    TFA had some potential in it, but they seriously scr3wed up character development for most of major heroes. It's pity though - in my view, it could have been seriously improved with some changes to their backgrounds and current positions.

the earlier stuff was a lot better with character by the dark nest it went all sidewise hell jaina had her teenager years in her 30s for some reason. don;t get me wrong some of the old eu was awful but nothing quite as bad as a notsith who mostly used high level lightside powers and failed the darkside so hard I can't even... enjoyed the moive saw it in theaters and bought it first chance I got but the klyo ren thing really weakens it in my book. but ymmv.

• Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,608 Arc User
    Fwiw, OP did not say he was quitting, just that he is voting with his wallet in protest. a bunch of you ASSumed he was quitting.. and he said gold, not LTS... Reading is fundamental, children
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options
    talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    Love how this thread went totally sideways.

BvbfyLI.gif
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    talonxv wrote: »

BvbfyLI.gif

even bad parts of star wars is more interesting then crying about kelvin timeline trek ruining the star trek that never was. :p

Post edited by nightken on

• Options
    darakossdarakoss Member Posts: 850 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    [quote="nightken;12980302"][quote="talonxv;12980299"]Love how this thread went totally sideways.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/BvbfyLI.gif[/img][/quote]

even bad parts of star wars is more interesting then crying about kevin timeline trek ruining the star trek that never was. :p

[/quote]

Kevin ruined it? Who is Kevin? Lol
    i-dont-always-funny-meme.jpg
    original join date 2010

Member: Team Trekyards. Visit Trekyards today!
  • Options
    darakoss wrote: »
    talonxv wrote: »

BvbfyLI.gif

even bad parts of star wars is more interesting then crying about kevin timeline trek ruining the star trek that never was. :p

ok so I made a typo leave me alone it's late... :p

• Options
    edited July 2016
    and I quoted instead of edited yep time for bed.

• Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    It's amazing how I can accidentally derail a thread so completely with a simple comment like that, but then on the rare occasion that I actually TRY to derail a thread I get ignored, lol

because this one needed to be derailed and killed from the first post....

a 10yr old school yard bully makes a better, and more believable, villain than the character Kylo Ren. I felt bad for the actor.
  • Options
    aphelionmarauderaphelionmarauder Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    The freer the market, the freer the people.
    Also if they can add non canon to the game, then they can add the canon animated series. Yeah, I support this.

Amen brother! #TASforSTO The movement shall prevail!
    Support the movement!
    Come stand with us in supporting Star Trek: The Animated Series content for STO! (It's canon!) #TASforSTO

Time travel and glass-cannon ships hurt my head and is NOT what Trek is about. Trek is exploration, becoming better as a species, and gaining scientific knowledge while holding on to the traditions that got us where were are.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,370 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    nikeix wrote: »
    You act like your head would fall off if you ever met a Korean who spoke with a Texas accent and had a French last name. Gotta warn you, we have those today and all we have shuffling the global deck are airliners, not transporters...
    I wonder if I should introduce him to my cousin, Myong-H.u.i Murphy (nee Bradshaw)... :smile:

(And why did the censor shake its asterisk at her name? It's not that uncommon in Korea.)

(Supplemental: Oh, it's apparently a rude word in Russian. Darmok and Jelad at Tanagra, indeed!)​​
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    I'm probably about as "Old-School Trek" as anybody can get around here and I think it's great They are adding all the new stuff to the game.

The more the merrier, is what I say.... as long as I get my T-6 Connie in some form, I'll be happy.

Minion-Spock-Star-Trek-440x330.jpg
    Post edited by daveyny on
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    vampeiyrevampeiyre Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Ironic thread title, because I was thinking about how I'm really disappointed there are a bunch of moaning man-children who still need a tissue for their issue, and haven't washed the sand out of their vajay-jay yet.
    "I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am."
  • Options
    tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    [quote="darakoss;12980347"] Kevin ruined it? Who is Kevin? Lol [/quote]

Bacon... Kevin Bacon ruined it. Believe me, somewhere along the line, his influence touched it in a vad way...
  • Options

because this one needed to be derailed and killed from the first post....

a 10yr old school yard bully makes a better, and more believable, villain than the character Kylo Ren. I felt bad for the actor.

you got to give the actor credit he did a pretty good job with what he was given.
    personally think snoke needs to be killed and replaced by the force ghost of darth malgus.

• Options
    blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    Your right i dont speak for the majority.

But alot of fans feel that way. Just appreciate i am restraining myself from saying 'real fans'.

I guarantee you its not a minority, but since the forum is not an accurate sample of all player or fans we will never know.
    I will say this: I have seen the JJ Abrams Star Trek movies (the first two) and they weren't too bad, but they weren't the best out there.. having said that, I do think that adding the Kelvin Timeline into the game is a good thing.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • Options
    antiquesroadshowantiquesroadshow Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    They lost money from you. But they gained money from me!! I'm going to buy everything JJ TREK in the game if they let me! It modernized Trek really well!
  • Options
    darakossdarakoss Member Posts: 850 Arc User
    tousseau wrote: »
    darakoss wrote: »

Bacon... Kevin Bacon ruined it. Believe me, somewhere along the line, his influence touched it in a vad way...

No not him..Wait a minute. Kevin is a Minion! He did it! @daveyny has some 'splainin to do.
    i-dont-always-funny-meme.jpg
    original join date 2010

Member: Team Trekyards. Visit Trekyards today!