test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Really dissapointed that JJverse drek has invaded the game

Comments

• Options
    cirran1cirran1 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    The best part of this will be the salty tears of the Lens Flare fanbois when this is all they get. Their ships will become power creeped just like all the rest of em, and become a rarity. Just play the game, make fun of the Lens Flare parts and move on. It is less than a drop of water in the bucket that is STO. New content will come along and it will be just another minor part of STO. Think of all the epic trolling in sector space chat in about a year. You will see things like "hey Lens Flare fanbois, where is all the stuff you guys said was going to change the game, make it better? Oh you were talking about that 30min of content that was released last year. How's that going for you?"

Cirran
  • Options
    captinjacksparowcaptinjacksparow Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    Cryptic can rest assured not another dime from me. if you are gold and go F2P do you lose any perks other than the Zen Stipend?

You realize all the new Kelvin timeline stuff is optional, right? Just like everything else in the game?
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    yaminigma wrote: »
    really disappointed that this kind of attitude has invaded the game.

I agree. I hope these type of people leave the game all together and never come back

No! I don't want to lose any of my precious dilithium miners! *cracks whip*
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    darakossdarakoss Member Posts: 850 Arc User
    [quote="vetteguy904;1217718"]Cryptic can rest assured not another dime from me. if you are gold and go F2P do you lose any perks other than the Zen Stipend?
    [/quote]

Now now....young minds, fresh ideas. Be tolerant.
    i-dont-always-funny-meme.jpg
    original join date 2010

Member: Team Trekyards. Visit Trekyards today!
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    Get over it, it is part of the Franchise. Don't give into your hate, it will only lead to the Dark Side. Oops, wrong Franchise. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    kamuii2kamuii2 Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Oh boo hoo

Count this long time Trek fan happy to see the Kelvin Timeline added..

Same here. I personally liked the JJ adaptions. If people don't like it DON'T BUY IT or just stop playing. If you buy em and/or keep playing all you are doing is showing them that you actually do like it cause you are still here.
  • Options
    apulseapulse Member Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    I love how Star Trek is about change and to accept the difference. I mean, we have a guy in a skirt in TNG,
    We have same sex relations, bald captain in TNG, we have a black commander / captain in DS9, a Woman captain in Voyager.

But a reboot of Star Trek? Then the thinking comes down to the stone age again.

This is what I hear everytime a see a thread like this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgIrXKpv2gw
    21ajpqt.png
  • Options
    nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    apulse wrote: »

Nobody wants the mask ripped off their certainty that they're just so pseudo-intellectually superior to those unwashed movie-going masses.

Because it would be crime if people watched Star Trek just for fun.

• Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    Go into the graphics options and turn lens flares off. Problem solved.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    OP, the airlock is that way...don't let the explosive decompression hit you in the TRIBBLE on the way out​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    nikeix wrote: »
    apulse wrote: »

Nobody wants the mask ripped off their certainty that they're just so pseudo-intellectually superior to those unwashed movie-going masses.

Because it would be crime if people watched Star Trek just for fun.

The real fans are always hard critics, and whatever happens, they will never be happy.
    Star Trek has never been strong on the big screen (except Undiscovered Country IMO). Star Trek is made for TV to create deep connection with the crew and their adventures.

Movies are just shallow money making media.
    With that said, I loved the Kelvin-Timeline movies, great sci-fi action, but Star Trek for me belongs in series, not movies.
    You never get really attached to characters in movies like in tv series. The movies are about 2 hours, and during that time you have put the character development in the audience face and give us explosions and visual to stimulate.

21ajpqt.png
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    You know as a fan of the orignal ST... i found NG to be total utopian garbage, not to mention a french captain with an english accent... i thought that was one of the most funny and stupid things ever... even if they recast the role... should of taken into account his accent and changed the stupid caps name.
  • Options
    I almost disputed the idea of "real" fans, until I remembered that that's exactly what I refer to myself as when I start ranting about how the old Star Wars EU was better than that A New Hope rip off they call Episode 7, lol.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    I almost disputed the idea of "real" fans, until I remembered that that's exactly what I refer to myself as when I start ranting about how the old Star Wars EU was better than that A New Hope rip off they call Episode 7, lol.

most of it was, and that's why they're readding bits and pieces of it to SW canon (including my favorite race, the shistavanens)​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    I hate JJ Spoof Trek and always will. But to leave the game for it. That is a new one. I will just ignore those ships and mission. Unless they make the AOY do them. If so, i just click and do it as fast as I can. Like I do on the repeat missions to get the other rewards. This way I can burn right on through it and get it over with.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options

I am not a true fan of Star trek.. I think, Star Trek has always been there for me during my childhood with TNG.
    I found the show entertaining and I love Sci-fi and ships so it was win win for me.
    The problem almost every Star Trek show have had is that the first 1-3 seasons of TNG, DS9 and VOY was very hard to watch. It was always at the beginning of season 4 things started to pan out for the actors and story writers and things got interested.

The only real problem I had with ENT was that we were going back in time instead of forward, never liked that idea. The transporter was scary, photon torpedo didn't exist, we had to explore the entire Quadrant yet again when we already knew everything existed from a audience stand point.

21ajpqt.png
  • Options
    tigeraries wrote: »
    You know as a fan of the orignal ST... i found NG to be total utopian garbage, not to mention a french captain with an english accent... i thought that was one of the most funny and stupid things ever... even if they recast the role... should of taken into account his accent and changed the stupid caps name.

Always a fine day when a Star Trek fan announces as loudly as possible they have no imagination whatsoever.

Its not about France or England... Picard's from EARTH. One tiny planet where travel and the mingling of family names, ethnicity, and accents is absolutely trivial.

You act like your head would fall off if you ever met a Korean who spoke with a Texas accent and had a French last name. Gotta warn you, we have those today and all we have shuffling the global deck are airliners, not transporters...

• Options
    talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    If anyone seriously though this was an "if" subject and not a "when" subject, you were living in a dream world. Now it's come crashing down.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options

most of it was, and that's why they're readding bits and pieces of it to SW canon (including my favorite race, the shistavanens)​​

My favorite Star Wars aliens probably won't be readded, they were somewhat controversial among fans. That would be the Yuuzhan Vong.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    My favorite Star Wars aliens probably won't be readded, they were somewhat controversial among fans. That would be the Yuuzhan Vong.

BURN THE HERRETIC!!!!

:) More seriously I hated those novels and take the utmost glee in their having been rendered entirely moot, but if you enjoyed them more power to you. Star Wars is a big place. We can all live on different branches of the tree without having to try and poison the roots for spite.

• Options
    edited July 2016

I think it was added. Not to put any spoilers but snoke from FA looks a lot like the drawings of the yuuzhan from the books.

• Options
    he may look like a yuuzhan vong, but he can't be, since he's force sensitive​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    nikeix wrote: »

BURN THE HERRETIC!!!!

:) More seriously I hated those novels and take the utmost glee in their having been rendered entirely moot, but if you enjoyed them more power to you. Star Wars is a big place. We can all live on different branches of the tree without having to try and poison the roots for spite.

I mostly just liked that they were different than generic sith or imperial warlord of the month. Only one I have trouble rereading is the one where Jacen is a prisoner.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    he may look like a yuuzhan vong, but he can't be, since he's force sensitive​​

They still could be affected by some aspects of the force according to the books. Just sayin. But anyways thats a topic for another conversation. :smile:
  • Options
    I mostly just liked that they were different than generic sith or imperial warlord of the month.

I do appreciate that in principle and I do approve of them at least trying to actually break away from the zero sum game status quo. But they lost all those points and more when the Yuuzhan Vong were presented with all the breathless enthusiasm of an 11 year old who thinks they've created the greatest aliens ev-ar. "Cuze they're from another galaxy! ...and immune to the Force! ...and their ship shoot lava! ...and they're actually alive like big space whales!"

I just wanted to roll my eyes, pat the kid on the head, and say "That would all be great if I'd never read another sci-fi story in my life. But I have, and you're trying Way Too Hard." It was like being bludgeoned with every cockamamie thought about super-neato-keen aliens that went through someone's head with no filter at all. Equal parts juvenile and desperate.

But damn if it didn't add a ton of new worlds to the setting. As something to mine for an MMO expansion STO-nostalgia-style it would be a goldmine.

• Options
    i have yet to see any other race in sci-fi with lava weapons or black hole shields...other parts might've been harvested from other parts of sci-fi, but until i see otherwise, those remain uniquely vong​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    i have yet to see any other race in sci-fi with lava weapons or black hole shields...other parts might've been harvested from other parts of sci-fi, but until i see otherwise, those remain uniquely vong​​

Ah but the Romulans use black holes to power their ships. :wink:
  • Options
    yeah, black holes as a power source is one thing...using them as SHIELDING is something i've only seen with the vong​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    edited July 2016
    You need more anime in your diet :). I recommend Outlanders and Lost Universe. You can probably find clips of the space combat on YouTube.

Actually one of the super-tech badguy ships in Lost Universe not only deflected incoming fire with singularities but had all of its weapons mounted on the back and whipped the beams around to hit targets in any direction by bending the shots around micro-black holes.

Which looked amazing with CGI animation :).
  • Options
    thelordofshadesthelordofshades Member Posts: 258 Arc User
    most of it was...
    Most of the old EU was junk - fixed it for you. Lots of god-awful novels written by useless graphomaniacs like Kevin J. Anderson* with rare occasional good fiction from Zahn or Stackpole.
    *(He really should be taken for his very own Walk of Shame for so-called "Dune prequels", one of the most terrible sci-fi out there I was unfortunate to read).