test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Really dissapointed that JJverse drek has invaded the game

Cryptic can rest assured not another dime from me. if you are gold and go F2P do you lose any perks other than the Zen Stipend?
Spock.jpg

Comments

• Options
    khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    IDIC
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • Options
    chozoelder2ndchozoelder2nd Member Posts: 440 Arc User
    Live footage of Cryptic and PWE
    718.gif
    SP9Pu.gif
  • Options
    Your pain runs deep. Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • Options
    yaminigmayaminigma Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    really disappointed that this kind of attitude has invaded the game.
  • Options
    officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    You cant withdraw your LTS....you have it forever.

But i agree, i am disappointed they had to do that knowing how most old school fans feel. It was a money grab they saw and couldn't resist.
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Cryptic can't hear you now. They're busy playing hide the salamiinferno.

Look at it this way: there is only so much material of the old stuff to go by. Eventually they would run out of ideas and the game would stagnate. JJ Trek gives them new opportunities to expand on the story and content.

Edit: Stupid typo!
  • Options
    As a long term Star Trek fan I can't wait for it
    Your pain runs deep.
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    Cryptic can rest assured not another dime from me. if you are gold and go F2P do you lose any perks other than the Zen Stipend?
    hey, I felt the same way when they devoted an entire expansion to "Star Trek: Voyager" - oh well.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    dmtdmt Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    Just ignore it and move on. That's what I plan on doing.

Everything is optionable and if it is optionable it is ignorable.
  • Options
    nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    Live footage of Cryptic and PWE
    718.gif

I laughed really hard, even knowing $200 of those dollars were mine :).

• Options
    kavasekavase Member Posts: 771 Arc User
    They're adding as much possible content from the Star Trek realm as they can to capitalize on as many customers as possible and to generate as much revenue as possible. They are a company like every other, you can hardly blame them to do that.

If you don't agree, vote with your wallet and call it a day.
    Retired. I'm now in search for that perfect space anomaly.
  • Options
    lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,407 Arc User
    Oki bai! Take care kitten. Ill think of you as I fly my dread around. :D
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    khan5000 wrote: »
    Your pain runs deep. Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.

Oh, you so didn't bring Sybok and Star Trek 5 into this thread!?!

Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    ec limit decrease to 10m max ,veteran count stops and no free spec points for leveling toons
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    yaminigma wrote: »

I agree. I hope these type of people leave the game all together and never come back
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User

... the JJ-verse stuff amounts to one mission (which has a "skip" button), a boff that can either not be purchased or (if you got the mega bundle) not be commisioned, and four new ships that you do not have to obtain. The addition of this stuff has literally no impact on you if you just choose not to get/play any of it.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    But i agree, i am disappointed they had to do that knowing how the minority of old school fans feel.

Fixed that for ya.

You don't speak for the majority.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Your right i dont speak for the majority.

But alot of fans feel that way. Just appreciate i am restraining myself from saying 'real fans'.

I guarantee you its not a minority, but since the forum is not an accurate sample of all player or fans we will never know.
  • Options
    You guys dont speak for anyone either, just so you know. ;)
  • Options
    nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    yaminigma wrote: »
    I agree. I hope these type of people leave the game all together and never come back

Oh no. If they left where would we be without the sad-sack hypocrisy that they really DON'T hate it enough to make good on any of their outlandish threats?

Sorry guys. Cryptic is calling your bluff, and that's ALL IT EVER WAS.

Now go buy some discounted zeni and enjoy your ship and key sale.

• Options
    johnnymo1johnnymo1 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    new stuff is always good, the limited jjtrek stuff doesn't bother me at all, I want more new stuff, like the maco gear from enterprise, i have never regretted my lifetime sub, and can I have your stuff?
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Your right i dont speak for the majority.

But alot of fans feel that way. Just appreciate i am restraining myself from saying 'real fans'.

I guarantee you its not a minority, but since the forum is not an accurate sample of all player or fans we will never know.

Fair enough.

All opinions are valid, personally.. I'm happy about the inclusion of the 'new stuff,' but I get it.. not everyone is.

Still, to me it seems like the natural course of action for the game and story line to progress. I'm 'all inclusive' when it comes to my Trek, each has it's merit and I like each for different reasons.

But I don't claim to speak for the majority either, it's just me personally.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    But i agree, i am disappointed they had to do that knowing how the minority of old school fans feel.

Fixed that for ya.

You don't speak for the majority.

Ever go to a convention?

But seriously folks what's this about the Kelvin scale? Absolute zero? Oh My!!

I watched the mission. Eh, it seemed okay. I probably won't play it unless it's required for the temporal recruit.
    I don't mind the ships being added at all. The character in the mission seemed fine. I just am waiting and hoping this will be the end of it. The mission felt very ambiguous in that regard. Though that could be part of the sales pitch.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    Just know that i love you guys, everyone is special.
  • Options
    storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    P1070759.JPG​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • Options
    shurkhemolightshurkhemolight Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    The movies weren't great, i watched them anyway, they were "ok".

Leaving the game over this if you have a LTS is just well nvm.