test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Kelvin Timeline

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
Universes collide! You'll soon be able to journey to the alternate reality of Star Trek!

Explore the other side in our newest blog!

~Morrigan "LaughingTrendy"

Comments

• dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    So JJ Trek has finally arrived and we meet alternate Kirks dad maybe?

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,404 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Some hats are gonna be eaten and heads are gonna be blown.

Puuuuuurrfect. Now, to save up for the Vengeance and grab some pop corn.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    It's only... logical pig-47.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • neos472neos472 Member Posts: 580 Arc User

Puuuuuurrfect.

indeed. I however am curious as to how they go about introducing it into our timeline.
    manipulator of time and long time space traveler
  • gregbgregb Member Posts: 47 Arc User

Puuuuuurrfect.

It shall be glorious
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    Here we go... :D

*grabs popcorn*
  • auckaaucka Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    And behold, a pale starship, and his name who captained him was death, and doom followed with him!
  • mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    So excited for this.

But, that excitement is dampened today by the real life passing of Anton Yelchin yesterday. :( This announcement is supposed to be fun, and that cast should be celebrating the upcoming release of their new movie. Both are diminished today. :(

Thoughts & prayers to his friends & family, and glad to hear that STO will tribute Yelchin this week... we can get back to fun in due time.
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • cuchulainn74cuchulainn74 Member Posts: 831 Arc User
    Hoo boy is it getting interesting around here! Cannot wait to see this content.
    <humor>Just know, guys, that if you put the Vengeance in a lock box as the super rare grand prize, a la the Acheros or Vonph, you will decimate my bank account and probably be directly responsible for my wife leaving me and taking away my house and children. You wouldn't want that on your collective conscience, would you?! </humor>
    Fleet Admiral CuChulainn - U.S.S. Aegis KT Intel Dreadnought Cruiser
    vGdvFsX.jpg

• tunebreakertunebreaker Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
  • keletteskelettes Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    What the actual... O.o

So the JJ-Trek android that started popping up on Tribble was no bogus or easter egg after all. Reddit was full of it at the time :smiley:

Okay, so...

TOS content will have film grain.

Kelvin timeline will have lens flare?

Fine, as long as it's just a "visit" and a tie-in to make the picture nice and round, and here's why:

I'm willing to grant that JJ-Trek re-galvanized the audience and drew in more viewers for the older movies and series but as a general direction for our Trek to go on... Feeling a bit (just a weeee bit) recoiling from it. Considering the different opinions out there about JJ-Trek, the STO team is potentially walking on lava. :smiley: Will give it a fair shot though.

PS I'll miss Anton Yelchin's rendition of Chekov though. :/
    Post edited by kelettes on
    "Ad astra audacter eamus in alis fidelium."
    -
    "To boldly go to the stars on the wings of the faithful."
  • themetalstickmanthemetalstickman Member Posts: 1,010 Arc User
    YES!

Never thought I'd see the day. Too bad it happened so soon after such a tragic occurrence.
    Og12TbC.jpg

Your father was captain of a starship for twelve minutes. He saved 800 lives, including your mother's, and yours.

I dare you to do better.
  • dourifdourif Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    Cool. And if it's set in the beginning of the JJ verse maybe there should be a mission that prevents Into Darkness from happening.
  • dmtdmt Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    I'm going to skip this as quickly as I skipped the Delta Quadrant patrol missions.

Having everything in the game completely optionable is the best part about the game!
    Post edited by dmt on
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    I'm so devestated by this I could eat a chimichanga!

:(

It's like a supernova blew up my entire world and now I just want to go back in time and take revenge on everyone who plotted against me.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
    Fascinating.

This'll be both loved and hated.

I'll hold my opinion about it until I see it live, admittedly some of that Alternate Timeline stuff does look spiffy.

Hope Cryptic knows what they're getting into... Lol.
  • bberge1701bberge1701 Member Posts: 726 Bug Hunter
    And now we know the real reason for the lighting revamp!

I kid....

Definitely excited for this! Hope we can get those uniforms in some way, shape, or form.
  • orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
    bberge1701 wrote: »
    And now we know the real reason for the lighting revamp!

I kid....

Definitely excited for this! Hope we can get those uniforms in some way, shape, or form.

HAHA!! Lens flares...

Give this guy a cookie. :p
  • angarus1angarus1 Member Posts: 684 Arc User
    Aww hell yeah, I'm excited for this!
  • mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1

It's like a supernova blew up my entire world and now I just want to go back in time and take revenge on everyone who plotted against me.

Commence Attack Pattern: Victory Lap III...
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • tessaravejgantessaravejgan Member Posts: 276
    Great news, really looking forward to this. I hope it will be more than one mission. I also can't wait to see Vengeance and Narada in game.
  • nadiezjanadiezja Member Posts: 629 Arc User
    Yay. :)

This sounds actively interesting.
  • jasonyeefongjasonyeefong Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    It's the happening!
  • allyoftheforceallyoftheforce Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    Not happy.
  • rogue6800rogue6800 Member Posts: 213 Arc User
    As much as I hate the new movies (and I don't use the word lightly), I am willing to give it a try in game format and see if Cryptic can pull off a good story.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    Boo.
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    So, does this mean that the possibility is there that humans with advanced cybernetic implants (like 0718) could be a potential LTS exclusive?

No surprise really that the AR is crossing over into STO. Star Trek has always dealt with alternate realities and some of the better episodes of the various series deal with them. While I'm not the biggest fan of the new Trek movies to this point, they are not the worst movies I've paid to see.

I look forward to seeing what this cross-over may bring us.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    dmt wrote: »
    I'm going to skip this as quickly as I skipped the DQ patrol missions.

Having everything in the game completely optionable is the best part about the game!

Why would you need to patrol a Dairy Queen?
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User

Take heart Snoggy, it just means more and varied TOS stuff for the two of us.

13761972508454.jpg
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • haurianthauriant Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    I like the description implying the Kelvin Timeline is a pre-existing alternate universe, not a split in the timeline. That justifies any difference between the pre-incursion universes as not a problem. Though I do hope that there are similarities such that we could get Keener's species, the Nibirans (if they survived), the Franklin's class (as well as the Kelvins's and other JJ ships), and whatever planet Beyond takes place on in game.

Also, since its safe to say now that we'll get 0718 in the game, I even more want to get Brent Spiner in. Not only to have a stand alone Data mission, but to have one with him, 0718, and the Doctor. Maybe have them deal with the Automated Personnel Units, or the STO timeline's version of the alien force that made 0718, or some other appropriate thing.

The Kelvin Timeline (good name) seems now to be taking its place as an addition to Star Trek, rather than a replacement going forward. And it feels better to me that way.

Also, as a Foundry Author, I'm going to want to know whether we can make missions in that timeline or not.