test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Kelvin Timeline

Comments

• hartzillahartzilla Member Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    kelettes wrote: »
    Starfleet towards a more militaristic ... stance,

No that just being set in the TOS era where the Federation is usually on the verge of war with the Klingons. TNG is where all the utopia Starfleet is not a military stuff is from.
  • captsolcaptsol Member Posts: 921 Arc User
    This isn't working. My world is melting. For YEARS I've been told Cryptic said "no."

Just no. And then hatred for the films.

But now, today, we all learn that Cryptic can say ... "yes" ?

How? Why?

Gah! I. Can't. Even.

Hold it together, man! There's still that Chimi waiting for you!
  • kurgan2001kurgan2001 Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    heh. heh heh. ha. haha. hahaha. HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA.... knew it would happen sooner or later.
  • ekumulumekumulum Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    R.I.P. Last part of Star Trek in STO. Hello JJ-Trek, you are coming and I'll never play yout content. And there is nothing that Craptic can get me, to play this.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Incoming: T6 JJ Abrams 'Enterprise' (Constitution Class) ship with the ability for players to use the T1 Connie model/skin on it.
    ^^^
    That's my prediction...ergo:

TLDR: Incoming T6 Connie confirmed. ;)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • keletteskelettes Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    valoreah wrote: »
    dourif wrote: »
    Cool. And if it's set in the beginning of the JJ verse maybe there should be a mission that prevents Into Darkness from happening.

^ Thread winner!

Taking that thought one step further, maybe the third movie ends with a prime universe ship showing up to fix things :smiley: Going back to the Kelvin and making sure it survives, and things go back the way they were supposed to, as per prime universe history. And that ship happens to be... us?

Just a wild guess ^^
    "Ad astra audacter eamus in alis fidelium."
    -
    "To boldly go to the stars on the wings of the faithful."
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    This isn't working. My world is melting. For YEARS I've been told Cryptic said "no."

How? Why?

Gah! I. Can't. Even.

It's about the money... it's always about money. You can get anything you want in this game if you pay the license fees/development costs... you want X to do a voice over? not a problem if you have the $ to pay em.

CBS doesnt want end game Connie? dump enough suitcases of cash and they will ok it since they are only putting it into a game and not selling it off...

New Trek movie coming out so it works out as cross promotion and there is demand for it... Cryptic thinks folks would buy the new shineys that will be released with this...

if it's a lock box then I will skip like all other lock boxes... but if it's Z-store then yeah I'll buy it.
  • sgtfloydpepper#7911 sgtfloydpepper Member Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    Meh. I'm indifferent on it. JJ-verse isn't my cup of tea, but if it makes other players happy and gives the game a boost, then I suppose that's not a bad thing. I just hope the kelvin ships aren't going to be ridiculously huge in comparison to prime universe ships.
    1xe027q.png
  • albertwesker45albertwesker45 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    going to be funny running around with a prime universe Excelsior in the Alt Reality 23rd Century but all in all i'm rather interest in this move i hope it will pan out.
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,149 Arc User
    hmmm that bridge console is flashing .... so... we'll get some JJ ships mes'sa thinks.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    rtk142 wrote: »
    one strangely similar to our own

And please, don't have a Connie on a planet, JJ/his cronies seem obsessed with it. Also, congrats JJ fans on your win. Though I don't look forward to seeing that ugly Vengeance class all over the place now.

I've been watching Star Trek since 1969 - CAN'T STAND ST:VOY <--- Yet that entry got it's own expansion. I've zero issue with 'JJ Verse' inspired content as I've enjoyed those films quite a bit. YMMV of course ;)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
    edited June 2016
    -
  • apulseapulse Member Posts: 456 Arc User
    I liked the new films, and to be able to have the assets from those films, ships, uniform etc is a real plus.

People should stop see the end of the world, STO is still built on the Prime Universe, we are just taking a peak to the other universe.
    21ajpqt.png
    going to be funny running around with a prime universe Excelsior in the Alt Reality 23rd Century but all in all i'm rather interest in this move i hope it will pan out.

If we get more of the Alt Universe than just a mission and some lockbox ships, that is.
  • jtoon74jtoon74 Member Posts: 409 Arc User
    aucka wrote: »
    And behold, a pale starship, and his name who captained him was death, and doom followed with him!

On your side mate.
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    captsol wrote: »

If we get more of the Alt Universe than just a mission and some lockbox ships, that is.

As long as that's all it is they may be able to avoid a disaster.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
    edited June 2016
    jtoon74 wrote: »
    aucka wrote: »
    And behold, a pale starship, and his name who captained him was death, and doom followed with him!

On your side mate.

"... for the love of God, do not use those torpedoes!" ^^
    -
  • ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    Universes collide! You'll soon be able to journey to the alternate reality of Star Trek!

Explore the other side in our newest blog!

~Morrigan "LaughingTrendy"
    What a freaking bad move! Sorry JJ Trek has no business in this game! You want to have JJ trek make it it's own game but keep that TRIBBLE out of this one bad enough certian things had to be changed thanks to the destroyer of canon's film's blatent disregard for 50 years of history. Sorry I have lost all respect for you Devs now. Unreal how you are listening to the minority of players and bringing that TRIBBLE in.
  • daviesdaviesdaviesdavies Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    That is not a bridge, but a cleanroom LOL

why are you not in a bunny suit crewman!

Mzd8i1c.gif
    Cool. And if it's set in the beginning of the JJ verse maybe there should be a mission that prevents Into Darkness from happening.

^ Thread winner!

Taking that thought one step further, maybe the third movie ends with a prime universe ship showing up to fix things :smiley: Going back to the Kelvin and making sure it survives, and things go back the way they were supposed to, as per prime universe history. And that ship happens to be... us?

Just a wild guess ^^

Still don't know why they didn't just slingshot around the Sun, go back and stop the Narada in the first place in JJTrek. ;)
  • giliongilion Member Posts: 686 Arc User
    While I am very much intrigued by this, anyone else remember when the devs said this would "Never happen?"
    Also, this is another prime example of something that would have been better as a surprise. :/
    I swear they need to add a "spoilers" section in the news page for people who dont want to know what every new ep is going to be and who is going to be in them.

STXI_KlingonWarbird_FR_001.jpg
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• yanayugi#3666 yanayugi Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    So we can go to the universe where all the ships have brewerys. It should be fun destroying everything with our proper ships.
    It's about time that universe got a damn good thrashing.
    So we can go to the universe where all the ships have brewerys. It should be fun destroying everything with our proper ships.
    It's about time that universe got a damn good thrashing.

That was the only thing I liked about that JJ-verse Cover Shooter game. At least they gave the Enterprise a proper warp core.
  • rtk142rtk142 Member Posts: 613 Arc User

^ Thread winner!

Just a wild guess ^^

Still don't know why they didn't just slingshot around the Sun, go back and stop the Narada in the first place in JJTrek. ;)

Please, like Abrams has seen Voyage Home
    bridges.jpg
    Let us upgrade the Seleya Ceremonial Lirpa and Kri'stak Blade
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User

How? Why?

Gah! I. Can't. Even.

Get your chimichanga ready.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg

^ Thread winner!

Just a wild guess ^^

Or TOS for that matter. ;)
    sRetX2b.png

EvMnejV.jpg

blz7T9u.jpg​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User

^ Thread winner!

Just a wild guess ^^

Or Episode IV: A New Hope. And I bet he doesn't even know who Mara Jade or Grand Admiral Thrawn are.

Puuuuuhthatic!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

^ Thread winner!

Just a wild guess ^^

Or Episode IV: A New Hope. And I bet he doesn't even know who Mara Jade or Grand Admiral Thrawn are.

Puuuuuhthatic!

Even Timothy Zahn has been telling people to get over it.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg