test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Kelvin Timeline

Comments

• dmtdmt Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    aidy1972uk wrote: »
    JJHaters, I can imagine if Cryptic told you that JJPrise is now and always will be THE best ship in the game but can only use JJ costume you'd buy it. Don't lie.

I'm more of a 'JJ don't care' because everything is optionable and thus ignorable.

I don't play the game to have the 'best' ship, which all comes down to personal preference anyway and is highly subjective (my KDF toon still uses the Corsair Flight-deck Cruiser even though she's level 55), so no. I'm not lying when I say I personally will never use anything from the Abramsverse, regardless of what Cryptic says.
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    captaind3 wrote: »
    but seriously, who convinced Paramount?

qmUoz0T.jpg

Ben Franklin and his clone army.

PWE showed a willingness to share profits with Sony and Microsoft, it stands to reason they'd share a piece of the action with the iotians at Paramount.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    You are aware the ONLY logical way for ToS, ENT, and JJverse stuff to be in-game is via time travel since all of that **** happened so far in the past it would literally have no open plot threads by the time the game is set?

Exactly. But I can see how this is disappointing for people that actually thought STO would attempt at telling original stories set in the 25th century. The signs that this has been abandoned are already visible for a long time now, but now it's official that we just have a huge clusterbuck of every possible Trek memorabilia in one game which's sole purpose it is to rerun queues over and over pig-2.gif A Star Wards game gets away with this since the Star Wars universe is technologically stagnant (the exact same technology is used for millenia I think, from KOTOR to the recent movie). In Star Trek combining the eras like that doesn't work without massive timetravel mumbo jumbo and even then it's weird. Instead of having a TOS themed game or a TNG themed game you have both, but neither fan is really satisfies as the TOS fan most likely doesn't want to shoot Borg and the TNG fan doesn't want constant time travel in the TOS era with their future ships.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • yanayugi#3666 yanayugi Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    Hopefully they can get Karl Urban to voice the JJ Bones. He's the only one I could see them getting.
    I hope that means the Jellyfish and Dreadnought Class ships are coming. I don't really care about the others. Their Conny never looked right to me.
    Traveling from planet to planet should be quick as well with their "transwarp beaming".
  • nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    mhall85 wrote: »
    56643611.jpg

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • captainchaos66captainchaos66 Member Posts: 409 Arc User

My wallet is hiding under my bed protecting my credit card from the beating its about to get!!! I was always a bit * shrug* at JJ trek, although I have to say BEYOND looks EXCELLENT!!!! ( Say what you want, Justin Lin did a GREAT job with the fast and the Furious films, IMO) As for the Kelvin Timeline??? Very interested!!!!! I understand all the naysayers, but at some point even the naysayers need to STOP naying, and be POSITIVE for once! Think about all the possibilities switching timelines adds to the game. Even if its just for ONE mission even though I'm betting it will be MUCH bigger than that, Cryptic has shown recently they CAN do pretty epic things with the resources they have. Granted, having to grind through the same mission 40 times to get the shiny on 12 different toons sort of diminishes the epicness, but that's NOT cryptics fault!!!

TO sum up: Score one for Mr. C. Ryptic, please be expecting $$$ from me in the near future unless you do something AMAZING stupid like put the T6 C****e in a lockbox! >:)
    Fleet Admiral In charge of Bacon
    Fighting 5th Attack Squadron
    The Devils Henchman
  • ares523#1432 ares523 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    So the Rumors that ships from the JJ verse would be arriving in STO has been confirmed. If the Kelvin and JJ Prise are gonna be arriving in STO then perhaps they may intend to bring in the Vengance when the time is right.

Hmmm Barriers between realities broken down. I like the sound of that So in other words the barries between the Prime and JJ Realities are no longer been seperated by a barrier.
  • irm1963irm1963 Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    AR Klingon uniforms. Want NOW !
  • ares523#1432 ares523 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    daveyny wrote: »
    I'm so devestated by this I could eat a chimichanga!

:(

It's like a supernova blew up my entire world and now I just want to go back in time and take revenge on everyone who plotted against me.

Take heart Snoggy, it just means more and varied TOS stuff for the two of us.

13761972508454.jpg

hahah Indeed. So if theyre bringing the JJ verse (Alternate Reality) to STO then perhaps they may get the chance to bring in another ship that appeared in Into Darkness the Section 31 Dreadnought Class USS Vengeance.

Marcus's ship
  • captainchaos66captainchaos66 Member Posts: 409 Arc User
    Perhaps they will be bringing in the Klingon D-4 as well. So you'd have the Romulan Nerada, Fed Vengeance and/or Connie and the D-4. Big question is, will they be a separate pack, included in the AOY pack, or will they be stupid and LockBox them.
    Fleet Admiral In charge of Bacon
    Fighting 5th Attack Squadron
    The Devils Henchman
  • keletteskelettes Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    They'd have to reeeeeally figure out the ship sizes first. For example the JJ-Prise itself can be anywhere between a Prime-Connie and a Prime-Galaxy.

The confusion happens because of the shuttlebay for example. Knowing the size of the shuttles, and the number of them the JJ-Prise can hold, suggests a much larger ship than the Prime-Connies. The size of the bridge deck also hints at a bigger vessel (a much larger one, compared to Prime ships of that era). I'm guessing CG oversight, maybe. Or just JJ going overboard. He wanted to play with oversized Star Destroyers after all.

monsterprise.jpg

And that's just the JJ-Prise. The Vengeance was even larger than that. What did Khan say? Twice as big?

Anyway, without getting the JJ-Prise's size nailed down, we won't know just how big the Vengeance would be.

I shudder to think how a JJ-Galaxy would look like O.o
    "Ad astra audacter eamus in alis fidelium."
    -
    "To boldly go to the stars on the wings of the faithful."
  • aphelionmarauderaphelionmarauder Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    kelettes wrote: »
    What the actual... O.o

So the JJ-Trek android that started popping up on Tribble was no bogus or easter egg after all. Reddit was full of it at the time :smiley:

Okay, so...

TOS content will have film grain.

Kelvin timeline will have lens flare?

Fine, as long as it's just a "visit" and a tie-in to make the picture nice and round, and here's why:

I'm willing to grant that JJ-Trek re-galvanized the audience and drew in more viewers for the older movies and series but as a general direction for our Trek to go on... Feeling a bit (just a weeee bit) recoiling from it. Considering the different opinions out there about JJ-Trek, the STO team is potentially walking on lava. :smiley: Will give it a fair shot though.

PS I'll miss Anton Yelchin's rendition of Chekov though. :/

Also, weren't the Kelvin's the aliens from Andromeda that made the Enterprise cross the barrier? Just a thought.

In respect to the JJ trek, unless they do like the quote about and make a tie in, personally, I am going to uninstall this game in a heartbeat. JJ-Trek is way to coveluded of a alternate reality. Yes, the new movies are technically continuing story-line, but its way to isolated with no other info, and thats why many fans don't want it, because its so unfamiliar. With 3 realities (Normal, Kelvin, and Mirror), it makes the whole temporal thing a head spinning lump of TRIBBLE. To be honest, time travel in Trek is meant to be a study tool, NOT a ground for a repackaged Dr. Who episode with Federation logos tattooed on everything's TRIBBLE and large ships spewing pew-pew at each other. And don't take that opinion from me, take it from the TOS, which laid out the guidelines in essence as to what Trek should be, of which CBS more or less took a TRIBBLE on it.

Still both excited and depress about AOY.

Support the movement!
    Come stand with us in supporting Star Trek: The Animated Series content for STO! (It's canon!) #TASforSTO

Time travel and glass-cannon ships hurt my head and is NOT what Trek is about. Trek is exploration, becoming better as a species, and gaining scientific knowledge while holding on to the traditions that got us where were are.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • cuchulainn74cuchulainn74 Member Posts: 831 Arc User
    If they bring in the AR Enterprise and the Vengeance, I'm curious how large they'll be. Will they really go 730+ meters for the Connie and nearly 1500m for the Vengeance? That would be the size of DS9!
    Fleet Admiral CuChulainn - U.S.S. Aegis KT Intel Dreadnought Cruiser
    vGdvFsX.jpg

• rtk142rtk142 Member Posts: 613 Arc User

Or Episode IV: A New Hope. And I bet he doesn't even know who Mara Jade or Grand Admiral Thrawn are.

Puuuuuhthatic!

Ugh. As awesome as Rey may be, her existence does NOT make it ok that he basically *expletive deleted* away the EU like it was nothing. Mara Jade? Gone. And I'm sorry, but no, it was Luke's kid named Ben, not Leia's. Leia's kids were Jacen, Jaina, and Anakin.

How would he like it if someone messed up Alias or Lost or Felicity? JJ Abrams needs to be held accountable for the destruction of Romulus and Remus.

bridges.jpg
    Let us upgrade the Seleya Ceremonial Lirpa and Kri'stak Blade
    They'd have to reeeeeally figure out the ship sizes first. For example the JJ-Prise itself can be anywhere between a Prime-Connie and a Prime-Galaxy.

The confusion happens because of the shuttlebay for example. Knowing the size of the shuttles, and the number of them the JJ-Prise can store, suggests a much larger ship than the Prime-Connies. The size of the bridge deck also hints at a bigger vessel (a much larger one, compared to Prime ships of that era). I'm guessing CG oversight, maybe.

monsterprise.jpg

And that's just the JJ-Prise. The Vengeance was even larger than that. What did Khan say? Twice as big?

Anyway, without getting the JJ-Prise's size nailed down, we won't know just how big the Vengeance would be.

Heh. Posted while I was typing! I agree, especially as concerns the Enterprise, since they sort of rescaled her between movies.
    vGdvFsX.jpg

tymersto wrote: »
    What concerns me more, isn't that fact that the JJ Trek AU is being included here, but that now we could see a STO tie-in to whatever is being produced as the new Trek series.

Do we really need this kind of unwarranted cross-promotion?

Thank you for the time...

But the new Trek series is sounding more and more like it's going to be set in the main universe, so we kind of want tie-ins.
    bridges.jpg
    rtk142 wrote: »

Or Episode IV: A New Hope. And I bet he doesn't even know who Mara Jade or Grand Admiral Thrawn are.

Puuuuuhthatic!

Ugh. As awesome as Rey may be, her existence does NOT make it ok that he basically *expletive deleted* away the EU like it was nothing. Mara Jade? Gone. And I'm sorry, but no, it was Luke's kid named Ben, not Leia's. Leia's kids were Jacen, Jaina, and Anakin.

How would he like it if someone messed up Alias or Lost or Felicity? JJ Abrams needs to be held accountable for the destruction of Romulus and Remus.

I don't think any of those decisions were really his to make, were they? Pretty sure Disney itself put the nails in the EU coffin.
    vGdvFsX.jpg

• duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,980 Arc User
    Give me the AU Klingon helmet and I'll be happy. :tongue:
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!

The EU WAS nothing. Lucas said many times only the movies were actually canon.

The EU stuff for Star Wars was only ever as canon as the EU stuff for Star Trek is.... which is to say not at all.

People make too muss fuss on what's canon or not. If you like the story, that's all that matters.

• mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    But the new Trek series is sounding more and more like it's going to be set in the main universe, so we kind of want tie-ins.

No, it's not.

We know nothing about the new series. You're only accepting rumor and speculation as fact.

Shoot, Mike Hinnman over at 1701News wrote a story about a large contingent at CBS that want the Primeverse "closed for business."

It's anyone's guess, at this point.
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Disney/Lucasfilm made the call to scrap the EU (thankfully) not JJ. JJ had not even been hired yet when that decision was made.

Ah ok, it had been my understanding that it got canned because JJ whined that he couldn't tell the story he wanted to tell with the EU being cannon. Canon? I can never recall which is which. Regardless, with Trek he still did what he wanted with little respect of what came before, so, yeah, still a little not ok with them.
    bridges.jpg
    Disney/Lucasfilm made the call to scrap the EU (thankfully) not JJ. JJ had not even been hired yet when that decision was made.

I still think that was a mistake. They could have streamlined it to a extent.
    I still it would have been possible to make a seventh movie from it. Many of the EU characters are dead and they wouldn't have to refer to any of the stuff that came before if the story was very different. We got IV to VI before the prequels after all.
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    Im looking forward to it, sure its not my trek the trek i grew up watching and loving, but its a new trek and it is still trek regadless, so hats off to who ever sold their soul to make this happen :)
  • vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    Enterprise J size ? :D

tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    Give me the AU Klingon helmet and I'll be happy. :tongue:
    Me too, I'd actually like one of those Birds of Prey too :p

tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• aphelionmarauderaphelionmarauder Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    Marauder the Kelvans are the aliens from the Andromeda galaxy. As for CBS, they can do whatever they want with their own property.

I know, i was being retorical. And just because they can do what they want with there own property doesn't make them any less autistic.

Support the movement!
    Come stand with us in supporting Star Trek: The Animated Series content for STO! (It's canon!) #TASforSTO

Time travel and glass-cannon ships hurt my head and is NOT what Trek is about. Trek is exploration, becoming better as a species, and gaining scientific knowledge while holding on to the traditions that got us where were are.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    hauriant wrote: »
    Also, since its safe to say now that we'll get 0718 in the game, I even more want to get Brent Spiner in. Not only to have a stand alone Data mission, but to have one with him, 0718, and the Doctor. Maybe have them deal with the Automated Personnel Units, or the STO timeline's version of the alien force that made 0718, or some other appropriate thing.

Just thought about three artificial (or partially artificial) characters being in one mission together, and in my head I heard all 3 of them say things like:

"Why not ask about Enterprise's safety protocols?"

"Running causes accidents"

"You're carrying some very dangerous items"

"I'm just trying to help"

"I'm going to catch you"

I now have the urge to crawl to a locker, lock myself inside, and cry ...
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • jtoon74jtoon74 Member Posts: 409 Arc User

If alternate realities are blending together can we have Daleks and Imperial Star Destroyers ?
  • icsairgunsicsairguns Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    Ok so you feddy bears will probably be able to get an Enterprise soon enough that can visit risa and pretend its a submarine. congrats.
    Trophies for killing FEDS ahh those were the days. Ch'ar%20POST%20LoR.JPG

• jtoon74jtoon74 Member Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    aidy1972uk wrote: »
    All I see, over the last few months, here and Facebook is something along the lines of:

Wahh we want more content!!!!!!!!

and now...?

Wahh JJVerse content!!!!!!!!!

It's pathetic... I hate TOS, hasn't stopped me looking forward to that content, nor has it put me in a rage fit over various media platforms. It's a game, an MMO based of arguably one of the biggest franchises ever... There will be stuff you like and dislike about it, throwing a hissy fit and "leaving" game or ignoring content is pathetic at best.

JJHaters, I can imagine if Cryptic told you that JJPrise is now and always will be THE best ship in the game but can only use JJ costume you'd buy it. Don't lie.

I wanted a playable Cardassian faction, we got JJ and Dr Who, I don't believe either should be meshed with STO.