test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Kelvin Timeline

Comments

• zebulongileszebulongiles Member Posts: 335 Arc User
    Didn't the USS Kelvin get destroyed in the movie though? Exploded and stuff?
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited June 2016

Yes, but in this case it's the shorthand term for the Alternate Reality. Aka "The timeline we knew first through the USS Kelvin"

Similarly, "The Manhattan Project" started in Manhattan, even though the majority of the work was done elsewhere.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • keletteskelettes Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited June 2016

Well they had to call it something :smile: JJ-Verse would've sounded... awkward, if it showed up in an in-game dialogue :smiley: Might as well call it Kelvin-timeline, after the ship which the whole "incident" starts with.
    "Ad astra audacter eamus in alis fidelium."
    -
    "To boldly go to the stars on the wings of the faithful."
  • tymerstotymersto Member Posts: 433 Arc User
    What concerns me more, isn't that fact that the JJ Trek AU is being included here, but that now we could see a STO tie-in to whatever is being produced as the new Trek series.

Do we really need this kind of unwarranted cross-promotion?

Thank you for the time...
    STO CBT Player - 400 day+ Vet, Currently Silver
    Cryptic, would you actulaly like me to spend actual Money? It's Simple:
    • Full, Story-driven, select from start 1-50 Klingon Side
    • Scrap current Lock Box & Lobi system for something more reasonable
    • Expand Dil and Rep/Fleet Marks to regular story content
  • captsolcaptsol Member Posts: 921 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    captsol wrote: »
    rtk142 wrote: »
    kelettes wrote: »
    valoreah wrote: »
    dourif wrote: »
    Cool. And if it's set in the beginning of the JJ verse maybe there should be a mission that prevents Into Darkness from happening.

^ Thread winner!

Taking that thought one step further, maybe the third movie ends with a prime universe ship showing up to fix things :smiley: Going back to the Kelvin and making sure it survives, and things go back the way they were supposed to, as per prime universe history. And that ship happens to be... us?

Just a wild guess ^^

Still don't know why they didn't just slingshot around the Sun, go back and stop the Narada in the first place in JJTrek. ;)

Please, like Abrams has seen Voyage Home

Or TOS for that matter. ;)

Or Episode IV: A New Hope. And I bet he doesn't even know who Mara Jade or Grand Admiral Thrawn are.

Puuuuuhthatic!

After seeing the Prequels I'm not sure Lucas saw A New Hope, either. >:)
    tymersto wrote: »
    What concerns me more, isn't that fact that the JJ Trek AU is being included here, but that now we could see a STO tie-in to whatever is being produced as the new Trek series.

Thank you for the time...

It was stated recently on an interview on Tribbles in Ecstacy that Cryptic is already in talks for using the new series in STO. How that will happen and even if it will be possible are still up in the air at the moment, though.
    tymersto wrote: »

Yes, yes we do. It's Star Trek Online. Star Trek in its entirety. Even the parts we hate and loathe.

If I have to put up with Enterprise, everybody else can put up with JJTrek.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • yanayugi#3666 yanayugi Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    JJ universe ships have terrible shields. They should be easy to destroy. They are a lot faster though. They can get to Qo'noS and back in a day.
  • shawho1shawho1 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    I just had better not see a galaxy class sized jj-prise. That will really upset me.
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    at last, something interesting in this new expansion with the new specialization. if we had the possibility to create a kelvin timeline toon, the world would be perfect :p those kelvin timeline klingons are so badass.
    shawho1 wrote: »
    I just had better not see a galaxy class sized jj-prise. That will really upset me.

Well, I won't be the bearer of bad news. I know somebody will. But it won't be me.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • yanayugi#3666 yanayugi Member Posts: 30 Arc User

That's true. The JJPrise is bigger than the Enterprise E.

• mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    iconians wrote: »
    If I have to put up with Enterprise, everybody else can put up with JJTrek.​​

I like the cut of your jib, @iconians. :smile:
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    It's not the ships from the alternate JJ universe that concern me. Think about it...the STO developers have been making ships up as they go along for quite some time now. Most of them are NOT canon ships. At least the ships from the JJ movies kinda look like canon ships.
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    kelettes wrote: »
    valoreah wrote: »
    dourif wrote: »
    Cool. And if it's set in the beginning of the JJ verse maybe there should be a mission that prevents Into Darkness from happening.

^ Thread winner!

Taking that thought one step further, maybe the third movie ends with a prime universe ship showing up to fix things :smiley: Going back to the Kelvin and making sure it survives, and things go back the way they were supposed to, as per prime universe history. And that ship happens to be... us?

Just a wild guess ^^

Still don't know why they didn't just slingshot around the Sun, go back and stop the Narada in the first place in JJTrek. ;)
    Hmm. I think the first canonical use of the slingshot is in the 3rd 5 year mission of the USS Enterprise...
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • khregkhreg Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    Gawd.
  • captsolcaptsol Member Posts: 921 Arc User

Well, I won't be the bearer of bad news. I know somebody will. But it won't be me.​​

Galaxy-sized JJ-prise in STO? Iconians.
  • doubleohninedoubleohnine Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    4 pages in, and no one is thinking 4th dimensionally.

Going to call my shot, see if Im right.

Look over the science officer's left shoulder in the article picture, thats Kirk's ship, a Constitution class starship. When they say that the USS Kelvin found out to its dismay, Im betting they are talking about a NEW Kelvin, NCC 0514-A, a Conny class ship, built after the Enterprise (Kirk's ship). Because we obviously arent in George Kirk's time, based on the picture of a bridge in James Kirk's time. And remember in TOS, nearly every ship was a Conny class, so its logical to say there are a bunch of Conny classes in the JJ Fleet after the first movie at least. All this probably is is a cute little JJ Trek cameo for ONE mission in Agents of Yesterday. Unless I missed it, there is no mention of a new Kelvin in James Kirk's day. So it would be easy for Cryptic to make up an entirely new crew for it, and say the USS Kelvin A is out on patrol, during the time that the Enterprise has started its 5 year mission for movie 3, and the new Kelvin crew is the crew we interact with in the mission cameo. Also, its the cheapest, because now they can give us the JJ prize, without any likeness cameos from the JJ Trek cast. Its the most logical and cheapest play STO can make, now that Paramount wants in on the STO action. If they built the JJ prize bridge, they probably made the ship to fly out in space next to us. Whether we are allowed to BUY that ship remains to be seen. Paramount may be like, players can look at it, visit the bridge, but cant buy the JJ Prize.

One thing is for sure, even if its one mission cameo in Agents of Yesterday, this expansion is going to make BANK. If they get to sell the JJ Prize, its likely going to be the best all time seller, or Top 5 at least.

Im giving my away team orders to steal a barcode scanner as a souvenir if we get to walk around on that bridge during the mission. ;)
    STO: @AGNT009 Since Dec 2010
    Capt. Will Conquest of the U.S.S. Crusader
  • adorkabledoriadorkabledori Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    From all that ToS, TNG, DS9, Voyager, Enterprise and the JJ Abhrams universe has to offer in Star Trek, once again Cryptic is opting for a dreadful, boring temporal displacement, alternative timeline, time travel mombojombo. Geezes, it's boring, no longer interesting, far from captivating. It's about time that you guys start to find another tap to get the beer, coz this barrel is more then empty.
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User

I'd rather there be an ENT-J sized JJ-Prize as the top prize from JJ-Insired Lockbox prizes of enterprises. But that's just me. 2 miles long and warping!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Well, I won't be the bearer of bad news. I know somebody will. But it won't be me.

Galaxy-sized JJ-prise in STO? Iconians.

If the Iconian virus destroyed the Enterprise, it would have killed Geordi LaForge who built the Jellyfish for Spock.

Thus, JJTrek? Iconians.

0DJI8lN.gif​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,404 Arc User
    edited June 2016

Thus, JJTrek? Iconians.
    I was saying that before it became cool. :tongue: *points at own sig*
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • grifithrkvgrifithrkv Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    i only wait crypt dont destroy the game changing all to ridiculous jj-verse.
    BprT6L8.jpg

This picture is going to get a lot of use in the coming days, I think.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    Though I'm not personally a big fan of the JJ reboot films, I am intrigued as to how this will be pulled off in the STO universe and I'm pretty excited. ​​
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,449 Community Moderator

That's true. The JJPrise is bigger than the Enterprise E.

I headcanon her as only a bit bigger than the refit Enterprise-A.

BRING IT ON! If they are making a lockbox as well... you know the phasers will be popular. Slap them on TMP era ships and have fun.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    It sounds like it might be a one-off mission which I will happily skip and ignore.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    56643611.jpg
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • aidy1972ukaidy1972uk Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    All I see, over the last few months, here and Facebook is something along the lines of:

Wahh we want more content!!!!!!!!

and now...?

Wahh JJVerse content!!!!!!!!!

It's pathetic... I hate TOS, hasn't stopped me looking forward to that content, nor has it put me in a rage fit over various media platforms. It's a game, an MMO based of arguably one of the biggest franchises ever... There will be stuff you like and dislike about it, throwing a hissy fit and "leaving" game or ignoring content is pathetic at best.

JJHaters, I can imagine if Cryptic told you that JJPrise is now and always will be THE best ship in the game but can only use JJ costume you'd buy it. Don't lie.
  • khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    Yessssss
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    Who coughed up the money? Or is CBS just saying TRIBBLE it let's bring together the whole family!

It's the 50th, so it's cool, but seriously, who convinced Paramount?

Are we also gonna be getting access to the film music as well? The Klingon theme? If we're gonna get stuff from JJ Trek, let's get some of the other good stuff that Paramount has imprisoned like Fox holds the film rights to the X-Men franchise.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"