test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Kelvin Timeline

Comments

• gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    rogue6800 wrote: »
    As much as I hate the new movies (and I don't use the word lightly), I am willing to give it a try in game format and see if Cryptic can pull off a good story.

If they do that it would be a first and I'd be genuinely impressed.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • rimmarierimmarie Member Posts: 418 Arc User
    rogue6800 wrote: »
    As much as I hate the new movies (and I don't use the word lightly), I am willing to give it a try in game format and see if Cryptic can pull off a good story.
    this^

• antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    Well, the Prime Universe gets to find what happened to Nero - should be an interesting meeting between alternate universes.
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    Ugh.
    Oh well, it's their game after all. I'll give it a fair shot.
    I need a beer.

• gothkid1972gothkid1972 Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    Wow...they seriously throw in this TRIBBLE, and I still cant get FASA, or Star Fleet Battles ships...Please

Got enough douchebags on ESD now, you wanna bring in JJ fans...Joy...
  • anjc#8825 anjc Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    Three universes now (Prime, Mirror, LensFlare).
    Cryptic, if you need more money, make a t6 voth bulwark.
  • dragonhef01dragonhef01 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    So this will be the alternate parts to the T6 Connie(red collectors please) and straighten the CGI shuttle bay size screwup? And we'll have a 23rd century engineering? Might well be interesting...
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    This certainly brings player's full circle from that original STO Klingons trailer from 2009. Which had the '09 film starship in it. At this point, I just wish Cryptic would yank the endgame Constitution-class bandage off instead of sadistically peeling it off the raw skin of the interested player's. :P
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • rcassandrasaturnrcassandrasaturn Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    that sounds amazing! i'm excited for it to happen!
    Fleet commander of Slippery When Wet.
    i am Deaf Transgender girl. i'm Known to others as Korra.
    you can find me on Tumblr, Twitter, Twitch
  • rtk142rtk142 Member Posts: 613 Arc User
    one strangely similar to our own

And yet, if Robert Orci is to be believed, Caitains look NOTHING like they're supposed to look. Nor do Klingons. JJ presented as a Back to the Future 2-esque timeline skew, and even in the mirror universe species things such as effects and what not look the same. I get wanting it in there and I'll admit I'm one of those people who said (and was glad) it was never going to happen. I'll accept I was not right, and be comforted that I have confidence Cryptic will make sure things work like they're supposed to.

And please, don't have a Connie on a planet, JJ/his cronies seem obsessed with it. Also, congrats JJ fans on your win. Though I don't look forward to seeing that ugly Vengeance class all over the place now.
    bridges.jpg
    Let us upgrade the Seleya Ceremonial Lirpa and Kri'stak Blade
  • forthegamerforthegamer Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    Honestly, I may not be happy with the Kelvin Timeline, but I think I'll enjoy it.

It is something new after all.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    I am looking forward to this, even though I prefer the Prime Universe.

I just wonder... will the helm on the AR Enterprise bridge always be left empty? :'(
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • captsolcaptsol Member Posts: 921 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    rtk142 wrote: »
    one strangely similar to our own

And yet, if Robert Orci is to be believed, Caitains look NOTHING like they're supposed to look. Nor do Klingons. JJ presented as a Back to the Future 2-esque timeline skew, and even in the mirror universe species things such as effects and what not look the same. I get wanting it in there and I'll admit I'm one of those people who said (and was glad) it was never going to happen. I'll accept I was not right, and be comforted that I have confidence Cryptic will make sure things work like they're supposed to.

And please, don't have a Connie on a planet, JJ/his cronies seem obsessed with it. Also, congrats JJ fans on your win. Though I don't look forward to seeing that ugly Vengeance class all over the place now.

Eh, the Klingons at least can be explained by having found a cure to the Augment virus from when they captured the Narada. I'm sure info about it was in there, somewhere in the same way the rest of the JJ Universe got a tech boost from the Narada. The Caitians are harder to explain, but, one can always assume they were hybrids or a subspecies.

The Gorn being from Andromeda is a lot harder to explain in my book.
  • awlaforgeawlaforge Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    Color me intrigued.
  • hartzillahartzilla Member Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    Nor do Klingons.

Huh?
  • keletteskelettes Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    captsol wrote: »
    Eh, the Klingons at least can be explained by having found a cure to the Augment virus from when they captured the Narada. I'm sure info about it was in there, somewhere in the same way the rest of the JJ Universe got a tech boost from the Narada.

AFAIK the KDF didn't capture anything. Instead, the Narada pwned one of their entire fleets single-handed.

As for the "tech boost", the destruction of the Kelvin in the AR sent history off-course, pushing Starfleet towards a more militaristic (and aggressive?) stance, and adjusting its R&D priorities in the process. Still remember Pike calling it "a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada". And then there was Adm. Marcus and his crazy plan with Khan.
    "Ad astra audacter eamus in alis fidelium."
    -
    "To boldly go to the stars on the wings of the faithful."
  • chozoelder2ndchozoelder2nd Member Posts: 440 Arc User
    Some hats are gonna be eaten and heads are gonna be blown.

giphy.gif
    SP9Pu.gif
    edited June 2016
    kelettes wrote: »
    Eh, the Klingons at least can be explained by having found a cure to the Augment virus from when they captured the Narada. I'm sure info about it was in there, somewhere in the same way the rest of the JJ Universe got a tech boost from the Narada.

AFAIK the KDF didn't capture anything. Instead, the Narada pwned one of their entire fleets single-handed.

As for the "tech boost", the destruction of the Kelvin in the AR sent history off-course, pushing Starfleet towards a more militaristic (and aggressive?) stance. And then there was Adm. Marcus and his crazy plan with Khan.

After the Kelvin rammed the Narada it was disabled which allowed the shuttles from the Kelvin to escape. A bunch of Klingon ships decloak around it and Nero and co are taken prisoner for 25 years and then escape which is when that Klingon fleet gets trashed.

Even if you don't believe that happened because it wasn't shown in the film except for in deleted scenes it's still possible that information trickled back to the Klingons via the Federation that allowed them to cure the virus earlier.
  • apulseapulse Member Posts: 456 Arc User
    This is going to be awesome. JJ Enterprise T6 plz!
    21ajpqt.png
  • keletteskelettes Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    After the Kelvin rammed the Narada it was disabled which allowed the shuttles from the Kelvin to escape. A bunch of Klingon ships decloak around it and Nero and co are taken prisoner for 25 years and then escape which is when that Klingon fleet gets trashed.

Even if you don't believe that happened because it wasn't shown in the film except for in deleted scenes it's still possible that information trickled back to the Klingons to the Federation that allowed them to cure the virus earlier.

*raises hands*

I only saw the movie, none of the deleted scenes :smile: If it was indeed mentioned somewhere that the Narada was captured by the Klingons for a period of time, then I stand corrected. :smile:
    "Ad astra audacter eamus in alis fidelium."
    -
    "To boldly go to the stars on the wings of the faithful."

Even if you don't believe that happened because it wasn't shown in the film except for in deleted scenes it's still possible that information trickled back to the Klingons to the Federation that allowed them to cure the virus earlier.

*raises hands*

I only saw the movie, none of the deleted scenes :smile: If it was indeed mentioned somewhere that the Narada was captured by the Klingons for a period of time, then I stand corrected. :smile:

Heheh, fair enough. :) I'm not saying that's the answer but it works for me to explain the Klingons, at least. Some of the other things are harder to swallow.
  • alcmaeonidaealcmaeonidae Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    A stupid contradiction with the rest of the Agents of Yesterday arc. Now Star Trek has had this problem since the original series. Is there only one timeline which has to be preserved, as in "Tomorrow is Yesterday"? Or is the many-universe concept correct and alternate timelines get created, as in "Mirror Mirror"? The various series have gone back and forth on this in a contradictory manner. This game itself is based on the many-worlds premise, since the original universe was not destroyed by the 2009 movie's time travel. Then we get Agents of Yesterday, with Daniels, Walker, and others constantly working to 'defend the timeline'. Yet if the many-worlds premise is true, the timeline doesn't need to be defended. All these characters devoting their lives to that end are just self-important fools.

While the various TV series have gone both ways, I can't recall Trek ever mixing them in the same episode. Yet that appears to be what will happen here. This contradiction better be addressed in the story.
  • rtk142rtk142 Member Posts: 613 Arc User
    The Caitians are harder to explain, but, one can always assume they were hybrids or a subspecies.

Well one explanation could be that they actually AREN'T Caitians and Orci was talking out of the opposite end of his digestive tract than he normally does. They never onscreen say they are so that's one option. I must have missed/forgotten the bit about Gorn and Andromeda
    bridges.jpg
    Let us upgrade the Seleya Ceremonial Lirpa and Kri'stak Blade
  • amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User

As for the "tech boost", the destruction of the Kelvin in the AR sent history off-course, pushing Starfleet towards a more militaristic (and aggressive?) stance. And then there was Adm. Marcus and his crazy plan with Khan.

Even if you don't believe that happened because it wasn't shown in the film except for in deleted scenes it's still possible that information trickled back to the Klingons via the Federation that allowed them to cure the virus earlier.

The Narada destroying 47 Klingon ships was still mentioned in the film, so either way the Narada and its crew still had an encounter with the KDF.
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited June 2016

As for the "tech boost", the destruction of the Kelvin in the AR sent history off-course, pushing Starfleet towards a more militaristic (and aggressive?) stance, and adjusting its R&D priorities in the process. Still remember Pike calling it "a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada". And then there was Adm. Marcus and his crazy plan with Khan.

Nothing in the AR really makes sense, though.
    Admiral Marcus has a starship design lineage on display in his office, which includes the Vengeance as the latest model. He has a top secret starship openly on display?

There are far more severe goofs, but this one made me laugh out loud so I post it for comedic effect pig-2.gif

For more, read this bit​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
    The Caitians are harder to explain, but, one can always assume they were hybrids or a subspecies.

Well one explanation could be that they actually AREN'T Caitians and Orci was talking out of the opposite end of his digestive tract than he normally does. They never onscreen say they are so that's one option. I must have missed/forgotten the bit about Gorn and Andromeda

That's true, though, I think the head of Paramount still insists the Andromeda bit is canon. Though that has about as much weight as you let it.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,462 Arc User
    It's the end of the world as we know it..
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0GFRcFm-aY
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
    amosov78 wrote: »

The Narada destroying 47 Klingon ships was still mentioned in the film, so either way the Narada and its crew still had an encounter with the KDF.

Oh, yeah. I'm not arguing that at all. Totally happened.
  • dmtdmt Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    A stupid contradiction with the rest of the Agents of Yesterday arc. Now Star Trek has had this problem since the original series. Is there only one timeline which has to be preserved, as in "Tomorrow is Yesterday"? Or is the many-universe concept correct and alternate timelines get created, as in "Mirror Mirror"? The various series have gone back and forth on this in a contradictory manner. This game itself is based on the many-worlds premise, since the original universe was not destroyed by the 2009 movie's time travel. Then we get Agents of Yesterday, with Daniels, Walker, and others constantly working to 'defend the timeline'. Yet if the many-worlds premise is true, the timeline doesn't need to be defended. All these characters devoting their lives to that end are just self-important fools.

While the various TV series have gone both ways, I can't recall Trek ever mixing them in the same episode. Yet that appears to be what will happen here. This contradiction better be addressed in the story.

Read this: http://arstechnica.com/the-multiverse/2016/02/how-time-travel-works-in-star-trek/
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    This isn't working. My world is melting. For YEARS I've been told Cryptic said "no."

Just no. And then hatred for the films.

But now, today, we all learn that Cryptic can say ... "yes" ?

How? Why?

Gah! I. Can't. Even.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]