test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Star Trek Online coming to Xbox One and Playstation 4!

Comments

• Options
    hypnoticbeasthypnoticbeast Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    You guys really think it won't be cross compatible? The reason Neverwinter is not cross compatible is due to the fact it was an experiment to see if it could survive on a console. C'mon guys its the 50th!!! You don't think that with a new show coming that there is not going to be some sort of cross over? Or that CBS will not be pulling out all the stops on promoting the new show and this game as a free to play Star Trek experience? Remember controllers are less intimidating the a keyboard and mouse.
  • Options
    ragemachine551#1629 ragemachine551 Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited May 2016
    A character transfer would be nice.
  • Options
    onemeandragononemeandragon Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    You guys really think it won't be cross compatible? The reason Neverwinter is not cross compatible is due to the fact it was an experiment to see if it could survive on a console. C'mon guys its the 50th!!! You don't think that with a new show coming that there is not going to be some sort of cross over? Or that CBS will not be pulling out all the stops on promoting the new show and this game as a free to play Star Trek experience? Remember controllers are less intimidating the a keyboard and mouse.

Yes however it may take a little bit of time to get used to the controls take Diablo 3 for example, anyone here who has played both pc and console will probably tell you the same story.

I would like to know when the beta will be available though atleast.
  • Options
    dakotadahotnessdakotadahotness Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    The development will follow the money. I wouldn't expect to see much spending on the pc side when this takes off. For many non-console players this will probably be the end of playing it if they can't make the change or investment in a x-box.
  • Options
    thegreathibikithegreathibiki Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    You make it sound like they are shutting down the PC servers when they start up the console versions. PC has gained them 6 years of success, I doubt them removing the core option to play.
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    The more I think about it and let it set in the more I see this as a closure announcement for pc. I would say there will be no further development for pc. The expansion is the first console content - ie it was made with console in mind. Yes, they will keep pc around long enough to fund the console development. I would say at least through next year.

If you think about it coldly and rationally, console will be another way to force all old customers to repurchase everything. Why would they not do that? I even think they would say that lifetime accounts only apply to the pc version and there won't be a lifetime offered for console, or at least it will be separate.

I hope the xbox interface won't be forced on pc with the expansion so that I can continue to play until they shut down the pc. I figure there is at least 18 months to enjoy - give or take maybe 6 months.

I'm actually surprised to be taking the idea of no more STO pretty well. I expected to be crushed, but the upside for me with the console is pretty much a guarantee of a good while left to play so I seem to be approaching it with that outlook. Then when pc no longer is worth their time it will go the way of mac.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    bones1970bones1970 Member Posts: 953 Arc User
    https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/4j187p/star_trek_online_coming_to_xbox_one_and_ps4/d32xr96

–]zeroniusrexZeroniusRex - Producer
    I can't speak with certainty about the current situation, but when we were moving Neverwinter to the XBOne, it was forbidden by Microsoft to allow cross-platform play. That included PC/console.
    At present, the plan is to use Neverwinter's server model, with a separate server per platform. :)

• Options
    starmanjstarmanj Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    I am more interested in this PC game using DirectX 12 since I bought a expensive Graphics card when will this game support it?
  • Options
    richyh2209richyh2209 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    > @pwlaughingtrendy said:
    > We're proud to announce that Star Trek Online will be launching simultaneously on Xbox One and Playstation 4 consoles in Fall 2016!
    >
    > Take a look at our official announcement as well as the new lighting changes coming to Star Trek Online PC!
    >
    > ~Morrigan "LaughingTrendy"

You guys should also make it playable for PS3's because i know i dont want a PS4 people say they sucks u have to pay to play any game so i would and many other people would like it if you made one for PS3.
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    The development will follow the money. I wouldn't expect to see much spending on the pc side when this takes off. For many non-console players this will probably be the end of playing it if they can't make the change or investment in a x-box.

Right - because when Neverwinter took off on the Console (and it did) they COMPLETELY abandoned adding anything to the PC version...oh, wait...

My point? They're not going to abandon anything that's bringing in profit; and the PC version is VERY profitable - or we wouldn't be seeing another Expansion like we are now in addition to the Console versions being made. If you really think "Oh, once the Console version is out ALL the PC players will flock to it" - you don't know the PC gamer market (which contrary to a few badly sourced articles is neither dead, nor declining. Cryptic isn't looking to abandon the PC market; they're hoping to get money from the Console market.

Remember - back in 2009 when Champions launched - they wanted to launch ALL their games on the PC AND the Console; but the way both Sony and Microsoft required updates and patches to be vetted and tested prior to them being deployed for a Console game made that unprofitable. Obviously that's changed.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    I wonder if there will be PS4/Xbox 1 cross play?
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    I'm curious if the STO Xbox One server is going to be cloud based and well that would work. I was very impressed by how smooth Titanfall ran. Is it going to be hosted by Microsoft or by Cryptic?

As for the overarching question, if they allow me to transfer my characters and gear to the Box, I'll play it on the Box. If not, I'll just keep playing on PC. I got my new PC last year with the express purpose of playing STO on it. So I'm perfectly happy to keep playing STO on it.

Here's a question that hasn't been asked. How is dilithium to zen purchase going to be handled on the console versions? Will we need to purchase Playstation/Xbox Points instead? Is that even possible with dilithium since it's an in game currency?

If Dilithium to Zen is still going to be viable then wouldn't that mean the zen store is going to be alive and well, and thus we should be able to access everything already on our accounts?
    jaturnley wrote: »
    lucho80 wrote: »
    I hope by the time they release this they allow crossplay. Microsoft opened up the door, Cryptic just has to take advantage of the feature and use it.

Game would look so much better on my XBOX One.

In order to move the game into the place where MS opened up that door, Cryptic would need to move the game into the Windows 10 XBox app and their Win10 app store. The cross play option MS has presented requires all transactions to be done on their cash system.

Actually...I wouldn't have been mad if Microsoft had purchased Cryptic instead of PerfectWorld.
    stobg2015 wrote: »
    scarling wrote: »
    I'm already seeing comments on twitter about how bad this game looks graphically and that it's a failed pc mmo. Also the console plebs are already spouting homophobic slurs at each other in the replies to the ps4/xbox twitter accounts that just announced this. Wonderful stuff, coming to an sto near you.
    Yep, welcome to the "community" that comes free with every multiplayer game on consoles. Pubescent tweens and teens with no filters, greifers, racists, homophobes, mysogynists. That's just a taste of what's the standard on console multiplayer games!

Edit: Did I say free? I forgot, you get to pay a subscription fee to PSN or XBL to join!

You guys must not watch zone chat. Our current little community is not entirely free of people spewing offensive nonsense of all kinds into the chat window. I tend to ignore it completely but occasionally see junk scroll up even so.

Good ole Earth Spacedock Zone. It's an STO institution. It's the kind of place an Obi Wan Kenobi would bring an impressionable young teenager.
    stobg2015 wrote: »
    scarling wrote: »
    I'm already seeing comments on twitter about how bad this game looks graphically and that it's a failed pc mmo. Also the console plebs are already spouting homophobic slurs at each other in the replies to the ps4/xbox twitter accounts that just announced this. Wonderful stuff, coming to an sto near you.
    Yep, welcome to the "community" that comes free with every multiplayer game on consoles. Pubescent tweens and teens with no filters, greifers, racists, homophobes, mysogynists. That's just a taste of what's the standard on console multiplayer games!

Edit: Did I say free? I forgot, you get to pay a subscription fee to PSN or XBL to join!

You guys must not watch zone chat. Our current little community is not entirely free of people spewing offensive nonsense of all kinds into the chat window. I tend to ignore it completely but occasionally see junk scroll up even so.

The difference is that voice chat is the norm on consoles. So every time you queue up, you get to listen to a stream of trash from the other players. You can turn it off, but....

What does that sound like anyway? I mean I imagine Zone chat would sound like the background murmur at a mall.
    phrg wrote: »
    lyanaar wrote: »
    The question is: What happens to my Lifetime Membership or my store purchases? I will not buy everything again...

It is going to be a separate STO from what they say.

Please let this be true...

That way I can, hopefully, continue playing STO on my PC in the Prime Universe whilst the Console crew play the JJ-Version.

B)

I know several PC gamers and I know several console gamers. By and large each group wants very different things out of the gaming experience. Will STO effectively become two games under one name?

Frankly STO is as much a single player game as a console game. They have enough material to make a very long single player/co-op game on consoles that isn't necessarily an MMO and build and tailor it for the PC using all of STO's assets.
    farmallm wrote: »
    aesica wrote: »
    snipe048 wrote: »
    As long as the PC UI setup is not Dumbed down do to the console players, i'm fine with this because i will not continue playing if our control system gets "Streamlined" on PC. I like clicking my powers and setting them up the way they are currently.
    Some streamlining would actually be nice. For example, my current setup has me using TT1 x2, which takes up two slots on the tray. If that kind of thing gets streamlined to only take up a single slot, I'd be quite happy.

My main concern though would be how Neverwinter gameplay feels like "STO ground combat that's stuck in shooter mode." I DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES want to be forced to use shooter mode for ground content, just for the sake of bringing PC and console gameplay closer together.

I loath "Shooter Mode". Hate it so bad, I don't even use it. I would hate to be forced to use it all the time. That would kill ground combat for me. And I love ground combat.

Now if there were something like Dragon Age's party member Tactics setup for our BOffs in Ground/Space, that could save tons of UI interaction. That was probably my favorite aspect of the game, since it meant that if my party members were acting stupid it was because I'd told them to. Plus, it meant that obvious things like "Ally: Health < 25%, Heal" would keep your team alive; applied to things like EP2x pairs... you get the idea.

This is something I've been saying for years. I first encountered it in Final Fantasy XII with the gambit system where you had the same thing. A way to tell your party members "If this, Then that" automatically. It's perfect for STO, I imagine it reduces strain on the AI and means I wouldn't have to wait for my officers to revive people in battle, when they're standing right next to them.

On a ship, that could be something done by the ship's computer. It would basically replace the need for macros and make what were handled by macros function more intelligently.
    eldarion79 wrote: »
    A lot of you guys really need to look at how they transitioned Neverwinter over to console. I imagine that STO will get a very similar transition. I, also, see a lot of butt hurt for no other reason than STO on the console. If you are really upset about not account transfers, then don't play on the console. The PC version will not die. Neverwinter is still running strong on both platforms and PC gets all the stuff first. As of typing this, per various devs, no cross-platform playing.

However, if there was some account items that can be transferred over, that would be awesome and if PS4 and Xbox 1 played together that would be equally awesome. Granted a larger server capacity would be needed.

What you should be asking is what/if they learned anything from that port and how this trek into a new space will be different.

tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    captaind3 wrote: »

What you should be asking is what/if they learned anything from that port and how this trek into a new space will be different.

Because, I am hoping that they learned from that experience with the fans.
  • Options
    eldarion79 wrote: »
    captaind3 wrote: »

Because, I am hoping that they learned from that experience with the fans.

Exactly. There's no reason they can't improve.
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    The more I think about it and let it set in the more I see this as a closure announcement for pc. I would say there will be no further development for pc. The expansion is the first console content - ie it was made with console in mind. Yes, they will keep pc around long enough to fund the console development. I would say at least through next year.

If you think about it coldly and rationally, console will be another way to force all old customers to repurchase everything. Why would they not do that? I even think they would say that lifetime accounts only apply to the pc version and there won't be a lifetime offered for console, or at least it will be separate.

I hope the xbox interface won't be forced on pc with the expansion so that I can continue to play until they shut down the pc. I figure there is at least 18 months to enjoy - give or take maybe 6 months.

I'm actually surprised to be taking the idea of no more STO pretty well. I expected to be crushed, but the upside for me with the console is pretty much a guarantee of a good while left to play so I seem to be approaching it with that outlook. Then when pc no longer is worth their time it will go the way of mac.
    Same here.

Sure some ppl may argue that it will improve PC version too, but that's only superficial IMO.

What they really do is to create more options for themselves.
    It doesn't have to be tomorrow or in a year, but as soon as PC or any other system isn't as profitable as expected, they'll dump it for sure. (let's not forget that PC and Console players seem to have very different wishes for a game (sorry bad english))
    Of course certain decisions can also directly determine whether it happens soon or a bit later.
    (for ex. if PC version should console UI, some PC players will definitely quit playing STO. which would be understandable, IMO) So i think it depends on what the ppl in charge really want and what they think will be most profitable for them.
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • Options
    mindforgedmindforged Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I would definitely make a return to STO if I could play on my XBOX with friends that are not PC gamers. I just don't want to spend the $500+ I have spent on this game again. I just won't play it if I cannot convert over to the xbox with my account. It's a good way to get more money off me :)
  • Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Have to admit I am thrilled by this news. My laptop is somewhat tired after three years of playing STO several hours per day on a daily basis.

A PS4/Xbox One is FAR less expensive than a gaming laptop. BONUS!!!

I think you can also get a keyboard and mouse for consoles, as well, so you could have the cake and eat it!

All of the sudden, I get a flashback to Weird Al's "Eat It!" video....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcJjMnHoIBI
  • Options
    starmanjstarmanj Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    If there is not going to be a cross over from PC to console this will save me from buying a PS4 or Xboxone
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    Well I for one do not see this as a improvement to the game in the slightest =. I have a console but will not shell out to get a Ps4 or xboxone when I can play on the PC and even that has become less fun due to the mindless grind I find I am only one for a hour. But I will be waiting when it is released and people realise they have to pay for there equipment as I can't see them make the game cross compatible with PC to xbox/ps. And how will getting zen work as microsoft and sony have there own point system.

What I see is them making a game which will only work across the console standalone from the PC version Players will have to make new toons and repurchase any equipment they had in the past. Any PC content will then slowly be reduced while consoles get the bulk of content and then when pc has got less profitble they will announce the closure of the PC servers.

For the players that still love this game I pray I am wrong and I hope Cryptic can pull there fingers out and make the transition to console as painless as possible for the PC players. But it seems that in a few years there may be only one system playing STO and that will be console and PC will be a memory
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jtoon74jtoon74 Member Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    From what I've seen this is exciting for PC users because.?

They can barely handle one out of three factions on the PC. Unless they have a load of money put into the game and bring in new programers, etc. I have a sinking feeling.

In the latest edition of Custom PC magazine in the UK, there is an articale about a recent shindig in europe by Intel saying the usual PC is dying etc, even though on the US last year PC gaming counted for $32 Billion sales, the rest $29 Billion, which was for all other gaming platforms, Xbox, Mobile, Playstation,etc.

My concerns is that even though that is a fact, game companys still talk as if consoles are the holy of holys and PC gamers get stiffed. Will PWE/Cryptic still support the PC version to the same level as it is now, of course I would prefer alot more attention to the PC version, like bettter/more no Fed faction content, but I'ma realist.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    jtoon74 wrote: »
    From what I've seen this is exciting for PC users because.?

They can barely handle one out of three factions on the PC. Unless they have a load of money put into the game and bring in new programers, etc. I have a sinking feeling.

In the latest edition of Custom PC magazine in the UK, there is an articale about a recent shindig in europe by Intel saying the usual PC is dying etc, even though on the US last year PC gaming counted for $32 Billion sales, the rest $29 Billion, which was for all other gaming platforms, Xbox, Mobile, Playstation,etc.

My concerns is that even though that is a fact, game companys still talk as if consoles are the holy of holys and PC gamers get stiffed. Will PWE/Cryptic still support the PC version to the same level as it is now, of course I would prefer alot more attention to the PC version, like bettter/more no Fed faction content, but I'ma realist.

intel is talking about PC sales. PC sales are dropping because 5 year old PCs are still fast enough for Word. Even for gaming, I still use an intel i5-2500 from 2012 because it's good enough for all games I play and the newest processors are only 20% faster.

Cryptic/PWE doesn't care about "the PC game market" they care about how much PC players are spending to play STO. They seem to be spending enough for new story episodes and expansions so they are making Cryptic/PWE good money. They only dropped the Mac version because there are 1/15 as many Mac owners. Tiny numbers mean tiny money so Mac lost them money.

Adding consoles means (they hope) adding two new piles of new money on top of the PC money. Cryptic likes money. They have no reason to give up one pile of money just because they have two other piles.

In short: Your DOOOM is nonsense.
  • Options
    jtoon74jtoon74 Member Posts: 409 Arc User
    I'm not saying doom, I just don't know how they gonna be able to run console and/pc versions without more devs etc.
  • Options
    thomaselkinsthomaselkins Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    A couple of things on my mind.

1. Will the starship models in the game be updated before the Xbox/PS release? I mean the canon ships in the game have been getting updated one by one but there are still a couple that need an update. It would be weird to play in an updated version of the game, but you still go from the gorgeous Galaxy model to the crappy outdated Sovereign model. I just wonder if this means we will be getting a new Sovereign and Nebula class before the Fall release?

2. I know there won't be any cross platform play, which is a shame but understandable, but I do wonder if we'll at least be able to duplicate our current characters. Right now you can go to your profile, pick a character, click on tribble or redshirt and then make a duplicate of your character for use on those servers. Would it be too difficult to update that so you can duplicate your holodeck character and send it to the Xbox or PS server? I know I would greatly appreciate that because while I'm extremely excited to play on the Xbox One, I've invested a lot of time into my PC character and it would suck if I couldn't use them here or had to divide my time between so many characters.

3. If we can't make duplicates of our characters, I would hope that we could at least register our Xbox/PS gamertags with our Arc accounts. That way Arc knows we're playing on both and when we buy something on the PC, it becomes an account wide unlock and is available on the Xbox/PS as well. I bought a few T5 and T6 ships on the PC for example and it would be nice if my new character on Xbox One has access to those ships. Or maybe someday they introduce a new ship and I buy it while playing on the Xbox, but when I return to the PC my characters have access to that ship now too. Account wide unlocks would be fair, IMO.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    I'm not saying doom, I just don't know how they gonna be able to run console and/pc versions without more devs etc.

Simple. They are investing more money into STO in the hope of generating more income. Just like if PWE or Cryptic added an entirely new game.

They had X employees in the budget for the PC version based on the current and expected future PC income so that they would make a profit.

They will have (PC + Xa + Pa) employees in the budget for the PC + Xbox + PS4 versions. This is based on them budgeting for the initial startup costs. Longer term they will have ongoing staff of (PC + Xb + Pb) for ongoing maintenance and development.

If the X1 or PS4 sales are not good enough, they will eventually let go the Xb or Pb group of employees and shut down that version.

That's a simplification in that story editors and artists are not tied to any specific version. If they hire more of them to pump out more story episodes more quickly they might or might not be let go if (say) just the Xbox One version gets dropped.
  • Options
    vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Can't say I like the graphical changes in the weekly Before and After, either. The Elachi in that scene looks even more like a D&D goblin in the new lighting than it did before. Darker does not necessarily mean more atmospheric.

Oops! Sorry, I had them backwards. Apologies and kudos to the graphical Devs! The new lighting is awesome, and I just hope my video card doesn't explode.

Nothing else to see here. Move along, citizen.
    Post edited by vorwoda on
  • Options
    nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    From what I've seen this is exciting for PC users because?

The faint possibility that there's enough money coming in that the tide raises all ships. That's about it.

And Star Citizen has brought in well over 100million dollars on the promise that it'll never be for consoles. One game. Not even out yet. The market IS there, you just have to do something PC gamers want.

Honestly, I don't see this engine/content being well received by console gamers. Its dated, and turning up the brightness with a new shader just shines a light on how primitive some of the assets are. Its directly up against games with deep interstellar exploration -- a gameplay style a Star Trek MMO should be the uncontested king of. The pizza-box space environments are quaint at best in a realm accustomed to true 3d environments.

STO needs to grab more customers, but I'm unconvinced this will be the masterstroke that achieves that. And I sincerely hope they aren't overextending themselves, because I don't want to see the PC side crumble because of a bad bet.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    How about... they don't?
    Instead they hire more devs, because they have more players, and more people buying subscriptions and Zen?

The current number of players can finance the programmers, artists and designers so that the game is running on PC and releases the content it does. The artists and designers don't need to worry about the PC or console specific parts, they just build their content. They will however probably need additional programmers for the platform specific parts. But if, say, they can get as many paying console players as paying PC players, that means they have a net surplus which they either use to make themselves richer or to invest back into the game in form of more artists and designers to get more players thanks to all the content.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    narsussnarsuss Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    orion0029 wrote: »
    On a general note I see this as a good thing, as a player who makes frequent use of the fps counter I know first hand that the UI is a real pain on performance and in need of some back-end improvements. So, yay!

As for STO coming to Xbox/PS4, it should definately increase the number of active players, which is also good.

I'm just hoping that it'll be cross-platform (which apparently Microsoft is allowing now), or at the very least allow players to transfer characters/accounts from PC to console. *Fingers crossed*

You ever play Neverwinter on the consoles? yea what goign to happen is a seprate game for those consoles. with their own servers, own economy and your lifetime sub Not counting for TRIBBLE. they goign to have a revamped dilitium economy prorbaly very much similiar to neverwinter. im hopeing it WONT effect the way things are on the PC version.. i could be wrong and they trying to link the two but as i see it i can almost garantee our account activitiy wont count at all for the console version. this is a new way for them to make more money on this game.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    A couple of things on my mind.

1. Will the starship models in the game be updated before the Xbox/PS release? I mean the canon ships in the game have been getting updated one by one but there are still a couple that need an update. It would be weird to play in an updated version of the game, but you still go from the gorgeous Galaxy model to the crappy outdated Sovereign model. I just wonder if this means we will be getting a new Sovereign and Nebula class before the Fall release?

I don't think they're going to go out of their way to improve individual models, they seem to be focusing on making sure the engine is performing as high as possible
    2. I know there won't be any cross platform play, which is a shame but understandable, but I do wonder if we'll at least be able to duplicate our current characters. Right now you can go to your profile, pick a character, click on tribble or redshirt and then make a duplicate of your character for use on those servers. Would it be too difficult to update that so you can duplicate your holodeck character and send it to the Xbox or PS server? I know I would greatly appreciate that because while I'm extremely excited to play on the Xbox One, I've invested a lot of time into my PC character and it would suck if I couldn't use them here or had to divide my time between so many characters.

That's an interesting thing because copying a character would also perhaps require the option to copy back. I mean if I'm playing my main on PC, copying him to XboxOne is fine...but if I want to play on my PC again...do I get to copy him back? I don't want to lose progress on either platform. A linked option would be optimal.
    3. If we can't make duplicates of our characters, I would hope that we could at least register our Xbox/PS gamertags with our Arc accounts. That way Arc knows we're playing on both and when we buy something on the PC, it becomes an account wide unlock and is available on the Xbox/PS as well. I bought a few T5 and T6 ships on the PC for example and it would be nice if my new character on Xbox One has access to those ships. Or maybe someday they introduce a new ship and I buy it while playing on the Xbox, but when I return to the PC my characters have access to that ship now too. Account wide unlocks would be fair, IMO.

Agreed. Associating accounts on each platform so any C-store purchases all go to the same account would likely allay many of the fears expressed here.

The account bank is the same, so we can move things like Rep Sponsorship tokens over.