test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Agents of Yesterday Announcement

Comments

• bernatkbernatk Member Posts: 1,089 Bug Hunter
    Represent.
    Tck7dQ2.jpg
    Dahar Master Mary Sue                                               Fleet Admiral Bloody Mary
  • mrlizardomrlizardo Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    I think you'll be able to play the content with an existing captain, but to get most of the perks I think you need to create a new character. Of course, to get the whole kibosh you'll have to plunk down some ducats for the pack.
    sarkasmo_by_spacepope13-d9rcbjs.jpg

"You seem to have gotten some of your blood in my raktajino. This is unfortunate."
  • comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
    @jim625 where is this $99 discount you speak of... Can't find it.
    6tviTDx.png

• technical42ndtechnical42nd Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    My guess is it's going to be a subfaction of the Feds. Giving the feds access to all those ships and skins. As a fed player, I don't mind at all.
    MywB2KU.gif
    Official STARFLEET DENTAL Bug Hunter
  • themartianthemartian Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    The lack of KDF content is bothersome. I wouldn't mind starting a TOS Gorn.
    My alt army:
    K'ymara, Orion Engineer. Caedera of Borg, Liberated Borg Tactical, Elyza Vix, Joined Trill Scientist. Christina Bellona, Augmented Human Tactical.
    T'Lana, Vulcan Scientist. Arbol, Martian Tactical. Ayzer Bryn, Joined Trill Engineer. Hawke, Betazoid Scientist. Karna Valkras, Klingon Engineer. Beth Parker, Human Tactical
    Sarel, Romulan Engineer (Federation). Yazuri, Reman Scientist (KDF)
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    sophlogimo wrote: »
    "Summer", I guess, means before September. Looking forward to it.

Yeah, can't see it overlapping with Risa, so after that I'd assume. /shrug
  • shurkhemolightshurkhemolight Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    mrlizardo wrote: »
    I think you'll be able to play the content with an existing captain, but to get most of the perks I think you need to create a new character. Of course, to get the whole kibosh you'll have to plunk down some ducats for the pack.

It will be interesting to see how they manage this, considering i would be flying a fleet admiral tac in an Arbiter cruiser through these missions, getting lvled down while an obvious approach doesn't explain what a fleet adm. in an Arbiter is doing there in the first place.

And where do my Dahar Master and Rommy Fleet admirals fit in.

I dont see this happening.

• sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    hope this isnt a one sided facion expansion otheriwse it will be just incomplete, if the roms and klinks are not included

I think you'll be disappointed, sadly...

All I want to know is if my current Fed characters can use all those temporal ships?
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

edited May 2016
    @reyan01 I still can't find it... I see $129 when trying to buy it...
    6tviTDx.png

• khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    Of course you guys put in the one thing I have been begging for since beta...after I can't play because you discontinued the MAC version
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • blitzy4blitzy4 Member Posts: 839 Arc User
    I'm guessing its like the delta rising event. You play a unique set of level 1-10 events that where you end up in 2410, and you play though the rest of the game with Na’kuhl agents and objects scattered throughout the existing missions. Really I wish instead of forcing an alt, I wish they'd let us 'convert' our existing characters to the new format and probably re-level them. Probably with spec points held in reserve somehow, but it is wishful thinking.
    jKixCmJ.jpg
    "..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino

• dragnridrdragnridr Member Posts: 671 Arc User
    Or what if we already own the Connie, can we use it? What about using the NX-01?

Really, the devs need a better announcement other than "Hey, here is 2 packs you can buy and a new TOS era recruit, info will come later".

Would have been better as just a teaser, with a date for the ACTUAL announcement, then follow that with the announcement with the DATE OF THE RELEASE. Hate to say it, but my wallet will stay closed till more info is released. Just because it's TOS era doesn't mean anything. Details are what will open my wallet.
    latest?cb=20141230104800&path-prefix=en
  • frasier13frasier13 Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    From what I could gather from the announcement blog there are two parts to this (one for leveling new toons and another reputation story arc for max level). So I would assume then that the reputation will be for all factions but the leveling will be ToS Federation. May be wrong though.
    And there you go...

£99 - $130 :/ welp
    6tviTDx.png

• jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    My hopes are as follows:

#1 - This does not start until after the Risa Summer Event ends.
    #2 - Everyone gets a free captain slot (like Delta Recruit).
    #3 - The expansion is not only for the Fed faction. I suppose this gives me an excuse to finally create a Romulan Engineer.
    #4 - I find the time to actually play a new captain...

I could not force myself to start the Cardassian Struggle story arc for my KDF Delta Recruit so I still have that to do.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    Be nice if They would include links to all the packs in the announcement.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »

$99 IS the discounted price. The pack contains contents worth $270.50.

$270.50/£186.74. that is a lot of money for virtual items!
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • jtoon74jtoon74 Member Posts: 409 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »

$99 IS the discounted price. The pack contains contents worth $270.50.

$270.50/£186.74. that is a lot of money for virtual items!

Its £99.99 on discount I think.

• mobiusjurassicmobiusjurassic Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Everyone whines about the 130 buck pack for ships when they have the less useful Starter kit with just the Constitution and the 31st Century Akira... I mean 31st Century NX.... I mean, Paladin class T6. Less than 20 bucks to boot.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/game-pack/detail/926-temporal-agent-starter-pack
  • cidstormcidstorm Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    If this new temporal/delta recruit thing can't be applied to old characters this will be moment that business model snaps.

The expansion could be pretty great. Still waiting for my tier 6 connie refit though.
    I don't see anyone whining!
    6tviTDx.png

• frenchtoasterfrenchtoaster Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    I'm wondering if this new TOS temporal character will be similar to the RR characters, with their own story arc that joins with the 25th century story, but will have access to both Fed and Kling sides at the same time. Since in the 29th-31st centuries everyone is in the Federation. So you get recruited to be a temporal agent, join the 31st century federation, and have access to certain klingon and federation missions/ships.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Cool story @pwlaughingtrendy, but where do you keep the nuclear wessels?

Glad to hear Chechov will be joining us :)
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • shurkhemolightshurkhemolight Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    cidstorm wrote: »
    If this new temporal/delta recruit thing can't be applied to old characters this will be moment that business model snaps.

The expansion could be pretty great. Still waiting for my tier 6 connie refit though.

Quite honestly, if this leaves older characters completely out of the loop Cryptic has stepped in a large pile with a very foul odor.

Availability of the TOS era isn't going to dodge a lot of ill temper over it either.

I find it absolutely typical that they haven't said anything at all regarding it, and also very foreboding.

"IF"this is what has been done, it is an "obvious" tactic to get people to begin at square one and dump 6 tiers of cash into a new character while abandoning everthing thats been spent, and all the time as well on all the old characters.

If.

• adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    I'm not convinced.
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    cidstorm wrote: »

Quite honestly, if this leaves older characters completely out of the loop Cryptic has stepped in a large pile with a very foul odor.

Availability of the TOS era isn't going to dodge a lot of ill temper over it either.

I find it absolutely typical that they haven't said anything at all regarding it, and also very foreboding.

Sorry but what's the point playing through LvL 1- ~60 (Story-Arcs) ... with new T1 - T5 Ships ... using an "old" toon ?
    -> So of course you'll have to start a new toon ...

... the only real question is if those T6 Ships are also going to be available to "regular" FEDs ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • lnbladelnblade Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    Geeze Cryptic, you couldn't have thrown in a couple of KDF and Romulan sci ships? Sigh, whatever.
  • philipalexanderphilipalexander Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I am SO excited about this development. However, can't help but notice; the OS era was famous because of Enterprise - and that's still the tier 1 Light Cruiser we can already have. That's a let down. No OS era T6 ship? Seriously? Do I detect the stink of purchasable extra ships? Otherwise, this made my day. :)
  • nickcastletonnickcastleton Member Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    im curious is the price of the pack a sale or permanent.
    i ask as id like to get it but dont get paid till next week.
    0bzJyzP.gif

"It appears we have lost our sex appeal, captain."- Tuvok