test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Star Trek Online: Season 11.5 Coming April 12th!

12345679»

Comments

• bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    OK... then I'm gonna guess that the teaser is an indication that PWE/Cryptic has acquired a license to add the JJ-Trek Universe to the game.

Obviously, They used the original Enterprise to throw us off the track.

<chuckle>

doubtful since that Star Trek is a alt timeline and we are playing the Prime timeline.
  • kemchakemcha Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    I have to agree in regards to the Galaxy starships. The Jem'Hadar fleets from the Gamma Quadrant cut through those Galaxy class starships like they were swiss cheese. Hell, even the Borg managed to cut through the Galaxy classes like they were swiss cheese. I think the only reason the U.S.S. Enterprise was even able to stand up to the Borg was because that's how the writer's wrote those episodes. I seem to recall that the Jem'Hadar destroyed that Galaxy class fleet when it left DS9, went through the wormhole, and met up with the Jem'Hadar. Even the Tal Shiar was destroyed as an organization when it tried going up against the Dominion.
    possibilities are a thing of hope, sometimes it drives us toward something better
  • jtoon74jtoon74 Member Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    I'm disappointed that the crew stat is being removed, not as a game mechanic, but as a way to try to gauge actual comparisons in ship scale.
  • mckurland91mckurland91 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    As the threat posed by Noye and the Na'kuhl starts to escalate, the Federation might have to throw the Temporal Prime Directive out the window (for now). Hopefully featuring special guest voices like Sir Patrick Stewart, Jonathan Frakes, Avery Brooks, Kate Mulgrew, Scott Bakula, George Takei, and William Shatner as Capt. James Tiberius Kirk. "The Human Adventure is Just Beginning."-Gene Roddenberry, 1979.
  • storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,257 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    goodscotch wrote: »
    All this can't come soon enough for me! This past season seemed a bit light. But after having seen what's in store, I understand why...they've been busy behind the scenes. Exploration system in the works is the best news I've heard in a while...that and the visual slots.

If you think last one was light...this one would be even lighter than that one. There is actually no new "real" content. Just a few eye candy redesigns and a measly FE. It Shouldn't be counted as a half season but just a patch IMO. Oh well, beggars can't be choosers....at least its FREE.​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    May we give this mmo a proper star trek burial. On a positive note though it wasn't until these T6 ships came out that stuff KDF wanted/needed came to us so theres that.
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    storules wrote: »
    goodscotch wrote: »
    All this can't come soon enough for me! This past season seemed a bit light. But after having seen what's in store, I understand why...they've been busy behind the scenes. Exploration system in the works is the best news I've heard in a while...that and the visual slots.

If you think last one was light...this one would be even lighter than that one. There is actually no new "real" content. Just a few eye candy redesigns and a measly FE. It Shouldn't be counted as a half season but just a patch IMO. Oh well, beggars can't be choosers....at least its FREE.​​

It's as large as or larger than any of the .5 seasons recently. It would be a full season with just 2 or 3 queues and a reputation.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • glenn#1579 glenn Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    Can I just say that I wasted an hour of my life watching the 11.5 livestream. I was hoping for information about the new skills system and not some stuff about lock box ships.

Can we have a proper livestream about 11.5?
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,980 Arc User
    glenn#1579 wrote: »
    Can I just say that I wasted an hour of my life watching the 11.5 livestream. I was hoping for information about the new skills system and not some stuff about lock box ships.

Can we have a proper livestream about 11.5?

You mean like the last one they did?

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1212967/skill-system-revamp-developer-livestream/p1
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    Tomorrow is the big day! New visual slots!
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    Bye bye crew, off to the protein banks with you!
    Q9BWcdD.png
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Buy it or not, there were only 12 ships at the time and you cant prove otherwise through TOS. so thats the end of that wasted effort. im sure you will attempt to dismiss my comment again, but you also have no valid basis to argue it either.

Oh please - that was a line from very early in TOS' run. If you're styating that line is 'unarguable' because it was uttered in an episode - there's more egregious things that have been violated/retconned in later episodes:

From TOS - "Tomorrow is Yesterday":
    The 1701 is in the late 1960ies:

FELLINI: "I am going to lock you up for two hundred years. "
    KIRK: "That ought to be just about right."

From TOS - "Space Seed"

KHAN: "How long?"
    KIRK: "How long have you been sleeping? Two centuries we estimate."

^^^
    So, in TOS was set in the 22nd Century at first, oh wait...

From "The Squire of Gothos"

TRELANE: "Ah, yes. I've been looking in on the doings on your lively little Earth."
    KIRK: "Then you've been looking in on the doings nine hundred years past."
    TRELANE: "Oh, really? Have I made an error in time? How fallible of me. Oh, I did so want to make you feel at home. I'm quite proud of the detail."

and later
    TRELANE: "Ah, monsieur. Vive la gloire. Vive Napoleon. You know, I admire your Napoleon very much."
    ^^^
    (I include that line because from real history Napoleon lived 1769 -1821 making the TOS era in the late 27th to early 28th century)

My point? Nothing from early Star Trek was really set in stone and if tyou look at this screencap from the episode "Court Martial" where the Enterprise goes for repair after an Ion storm:

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Court_Martial_(episode)?file=Starbase11_chart.jpg

Their are ten (10) starships (including the Enterprise) on that list. What? Was all but two ships of the Federation Fleet all at ONE Starbase for repair? ;)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • whamhammer1whamhammer1 Member Posts: 2,290 Arc User
    If one looks at that chart in Court Martial, the USS Reliants registry is on the repair progress chart (NCC 1864) which is most certainly not a Constitution class, so we not only know that there are more than 12 ships in the fleet but that there are more than one class of ship in the fleet too.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    He says "...there are only a dozen like her in the Fleet...."
    (meaning 12 Constitution Starships)

He doesn't say there are only twelve starships in the fleet.
    smh
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • crazypaladin1crazypaladin1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Hmm im just comming back after 6-8 months so alot of catching up to do. Btw thanks devs for a new season on my birthday. Gives me a present ill be busy with for a good while ;)
  • kovabombkovabomb Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    (Post made 5/2/2016) Just by way of reminder: 5.5.16 is this coming Thursday. We should be expecting whatever the TOS hook at the end of trailer was to appear with this week's patch! B) I'm looking forward to it.