test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Star Trek Online: Season 11.5 Coming April 12th!

Comments

• Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    havent a clue who that is, based on the image link, something to do with wh40k but i have not played anything wh before.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    darakossdarakoss Member Posts: 850 Arc User
    valoreah wrote: »
    Players must now travel through time and space to prevent the Na’Kuhl from destroying the present.

Didn't we just travel through time and space to prevent the Iconians from destroying us in the present?

no that was the past! Oh wait....
    i-dont-always-funny-meme.jpg
    original join date 2010

Member: Team Trekyards. Visit Trekyards today!
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    apulse wrote: »
    T6 Connie confirmed?
    Whatever gave you that idea?

STO-USSEnterprise-001.png

The things people come up with and for no good reason. :: rolls eyes ::
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    waldotrekwaldotrek Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    Honestly even if we don't get a T6 Connie, a new episode that puts us fighting alongside it is still worth of the Win column. Hopefully we will get to be on the TOS Bridge with all the original crew standing around. THAT would be EPIC!
    Former Moderator 10-28-16
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    I thought we were going to get the Zedenia out of the Romulan campaign.

And the Connie's not an updated model, according to Reddit, so probably not a T6.

But the biggest violators of temporal regulations in history get to team up with the second-best.

Discuss whether the former or the latter is Kirk's crew or our characters. :D

Neither. No one beats Janeway.

And we are getting the Zdenia from the Romulan Campaign.
    coldjaguar wrote: »
    grtiggy wrote: »
    am i the only one who is just "meh" at the whole new temporal war thing and sick of war after war after war and want to do some sort of exploring that involves you the character actually going there and doing something?

No you are not, but hey the only thing in the story so far always come from the last season. I would welcome doing exploration like they used to in Star Trek, TNG. When i mean new is something really new, not something planted the seed in the season or past episode. Time travel in Star Trek universe is over rated and over and over used.

Agreed on all fronts.

I don't mind an exchange of fire over a miscommunication in first contact, but rather than a long chain of exploration we have a long chain of wars.

Someone once did a breakdown of the types of missions in TOS and TNG on a pie chart, I think it was in Star Trek The Magazine. I might have it. Anyway, Boldly Going was not the majority in any series except Voyager, which didn't have a choice.
    primar13 wrote: »
    sharpie65 wrote: »
    So..will the First Contact/Republic/Day of Hono(u)r mission be giving us a guided tour of the NCC-1701? :smiley:

Now that is an idea!!!

I dig, and would be a good bottle episode for them to get use out of their stellar Constitution class interiors.

tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    stobg2015stobg2015 Member Posts: 800 Arc User
    T5/6 Connie? In your dreams. Much more likely to get the Enterprise 1701 as a temporal Admiralty card. Much cheaper to make, less likely to upset CBS/Paramount.

I'll wait to see a blog on Na'khul Red Alerts, but color me skeptical. We're to believe that the poor, oppressed Na'khul have developed the resources for a full scale invasion?

That makes even less sense than the fact that there were no Iconian Red Alerts. Small scale temporal incursions designed for maximum disruption of the timeline I would believe. But I'll take any half-decent rationale and run with it.
    (The Guy Formerly And Still Known As Bluegeek)
  • Options
    antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    captaind3 wrote: »
    I thought we were going to get the Zedenia out of the Romulan campaign.

And the Connie's not an updated model, according to Reddit, so probably not a T6.

But the biggest violators of temporal regulations in history get to team up with the second-best.

Discuss whether the former or the latter is Kirk's crew or our characters. :D

Neither. No one beats Janeway.

And we are getting the Zdenia from the Romulan Campaign.

Yes - sorry, was patting myself on the back for having guessed Obisek's ship was going to be at our beck and call in advance.

Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    Im betting the 5/5 goodie will give us an A.S.S. Card for Kirk's Enterprise now based on that. I am hoping like hell it will also be the time the Excalibur or other Constitution STYLED vessel makes a debut at T6.

as for saving the Federation from its own stupidity, meh... I wanna help the Na'kuhl after that TRIBBLE episode where we recover the tox uthat then, instead of using it like we did to protect his ancestors, we're forced back in time to hide the TRIBBLE.... lolwut?? AND NO ONE EVEN COMMENTS ON THIS DISPARITY IN GAME!

I'm also not interested in helping the Federation eventually absorb everything into it or this BS Galactic Union.

How about we go rebuild after that war like we were promised, or ya know explore something other than how fast our weapons burn holes through NPCs....
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    stobg2015 wrote: »
    I'll wait to see a blog on Na'khul Red Alerts, but color me skeptical. We're to believe that the poor, oppressed Na'khul have developed the resources for a full scale invasion?

In regards to the resources... it depends on which time period these forces come from. My guess is Vosk's time period. Yes in the 25th Century of STO, the Na'Khul may not have the resorces, but as we're apparently particiapting in a new front of the TEMPORAL cold war that just heated up... I'd say they're from the future when they DO have the resources.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    darakossdarakoss Member Posts: 850 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Im betting the 5/5 goodie will give us an A.S.S. Card for Kirk's Enterprise now based on that. I am hoping like hell it will also be the time the Excalibur or other Constitution STYLED vessel makes a debut at T6.

as for saving the Federation from its own stupidity, meh... I wanna help the Na'kuhl after that TRIBBLE episode where we recover the tox uthat then, instead of using it like we did to protect his ancestors, we're forced back in time to hide the TRIBBLE.... lolwut?? AND NO ONE EVEN COMMENTS ON THIS DISPARITY IN GAME!

I'm also not interested in helping the Federation eventually absorb everything into it or this BS Galactic Union.

How about we go rebuild after that war like we were promised, or ya know explore something other than how fast our weapons burn holes through NPCs....

I hope its not a card. That would just suck. But I totally agree. The new dawn trailer said we would rebuild and start exploring again....yeah right.
    i-dont-always-funny-meme.jpg
    original join date 2010

Member: Team Trekyards. Visit Trekyards today!
  • Options
    furiontassadarfuriontassadar Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    I see...so the TRIBBLE Time Vampires apparently deserve their own Red Alerts, but not the allegedly greatest threat we've ever faced in STO, during a period of actual full-blown war? No, I mean, that makes perfect sense.

Bitterness aside, I wonder if the flashes of our old missions might be hinting at another Delta Recruitment type event, this time centered around stopping Nak'ul temporal agents? I suppose they would have mentioned or at least hinted about something like that in the blog itself, if that was indeed the case....

And back to your regularly scheduled bitterness for just a moment, I really wouldn't get your hopes up about Cryptic/Paramount changing their minds in regards to an endgame Constitution, guys....
    "There will never be enough blood to wash away my need for vengeance! A single world...I could destroy a million worlds and it would not be enough! Your existence is an insult to the memory of my people! I will continue my fight, even if I must fight alone!"
  • Options
    darakoss wrote: »
    The new dawn trailer said we would rebuild and start exploring again....yeah right.

Technically it is a Post War period, and the galaxy is rebuilding. Don't forget that the events of the game are from the point of view of our individual characters. None of the other players factor into it. Also consider that this time period is perfect for a strike, as the Federation, Klingon Empire, and Romulan Republic are in a weakened state from the recent Iconian War. While we may not be in open war with the Na'khul, they seek to disrupt the timeline. And guess who's job it is to clean up the mess?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User

I hope its not a card. That would just suck. But I totally agree. The new dawn trailer said we would rebuild and start exploring again....yeah right.

but we are exploring, new ways to kill bad guys in new timelines.. thats also exploration, the spin is incredible for one word.
    when you want actual exploration it has gone walkies, but when you dont want it, it will likely be there in the living room with muddy paw prints on the carpet looking at you all innocent like.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    Teyr 6 Connie CONFREM!!! :smiley::smiley::smiley:

:trollface::trollface::trollface:
    Teir 7 ships COMFROMT!!!
    :trollface::trollface::trollface:

"Sorry mate, had to do it!" - Captain Jack Sparrow
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    rattler2 wrote: »
    The new dawn trailer said we would rebuild and start exploring again....yeah right.

Technically it is a Post War period, and the galaxy is rebuilding. Don't forget that the events of the game are from the point of view of our individual characters. None of the other players factor into it. Also consider that this time period is perfect for a strike, as the Federation, Klingon Empire, and Romulan Republic are in a weakened state from the recent Iconian War. While we may not be in open war with the Na'khul, they seek to disrupt the timeline. And guess who's job it is to clean up the mess?

Couldn't we have redone First City on Qo'nos? It got frakked up pretty good during the war.
    Couldn't we have seen some progress in construction on Mol'Rihan? It's certainly been long enough and again, there was some major fighting there at the onset of the war.
    How about travelling to a couple worlds, seeing the devastation, and helping people to rebuild those worlds? There was a whole season worth of cross-faction content to be had here!

But noooo, OFF TO THE NEXT BIG BAD!
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    if there is a t6 connie then i expect to see a t6 miranda, nothing short of that. you cant have one without the other, both of them are from the same era even if the miranda is younger than the connie by a few decades, and the miranda is basically a connie saucer with nacelles and a mission pod attached to it. for that matter the excel is t5 and t5u, the centaur is the same, a excel saucer with nacelles and an engineering and torpedo pod attached to the underneath. i cant see any reason what so ever not to see these ships get an update nor for that matter be added as carrier pets as well.

Constitution=hero ship.... Mirandas are just fodder. :p

I seem to recall a Miranda with an overdeveloped captain carving up a Constitution hero ship like Thanksgiving Turkey once upon a time in the Regula System.
    anodynes wrote: »
    valoreah wrote: »
    sisteric wrote: »
    Yep. What's one more trip?
    Maybe we can gain the rep that Kirk has with the Time Police?

Heh, true. Don't we already have enough violations to make Kirk look like an amateur?

Our list is actually pretty short, though not without some pretty high repercussions. Every character travels back in time twice during the Devidian arc, once in Midnight. once in Stormbound and once in Time and Tide, and causes 2 temporal rewrites from the present in Butterfly. Starfleet characters have an additional trip backward in Past Imperfect. In the Devidian episodes and Past Imperfect, we are trying to clean up contamination by somebody else mucking about with time. In Midnight and Stormbound we are, though we may be unaware of it when we make the trip, playing our own part in making the timeline right (according to what happened in canon or in the game storyline) by our presence or actions. Time and Tide's trip was apparently directly authorized by our respective governments. That pretty much leaves the temporal meddling with the timeship in Butterfly, the first of which was also authorized, and the second of which apparently had to happen to turn the Tuterians into the Sphere Builders, which was one of the more significant antecedent events that led to the Temporal Accords in the first place. Even counting them all as violations of the rules, except for the one in Time and Tide, which was authorized through proper channels in both our own time and the destination time, that's 6 violations for everyone, and 7 for Starfleet officers.

Honorable mention goes to Temporal Ambassador, where we instead travel to an alternate present and then alter the timeline back to our current one by sending the 1701-C back to its place in history.

This is in episodes, of course, there are some temporal shenanigans in the older Borg STFs, too.

Thank you for taking the time to compile that. Too bad we can't save it individually for posterity.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    This is good news. I love the trailer. And the teaser of the Connie at the end too.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    captaind3 wrote: »
    if there is a t6 connie then i expect to see a t6 miranda, nothing short of that. you cant have one without the other, both of them are from the same era even if the miranda is younger than the connie by a few decades, and the miranda is basically a connie saucer with nacelles and a mission pod attached to it. for that matter the excel is t5 and t5u, the centaur is the same, a excel saucer with nacelles and an engineering and torpedo pod attached to the underneath. i cant see any reason what so ever not to see these ships get an update nor for that matter be added as carrier pets as well.

I seem to recall a Miranda with an overdeveloped captain carving up a Constitution hero ship like Thanksgiving Turkey once upon a time in the Regula System.

Because the Constitution II ship didn't have deflectors up and the opponent knew exactly which areas to shoot.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    What begins as a peaceful summit quickly turns into chaos

You'd think we'd have learned our lesson by now. Avoid peaceful summits at all costs!
    Just to be safe I always bring extra ammo. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    daveyny wrote: »
    Called it.
    (which is a Tuesday, BTW)

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1213193/season-11-5-release-date-speculations

5cb4a0aaf5e81da0f9fde4b34b50aabe.jpg

Cool, Na’Kuhl Red Alerts.

Also, Do my eyes deceive me, or did I see a T-6 Connie at the end of the 11.5 video!!!!

(heh... I know, it's just the TOS Enterprise upgraded for the game, but I like to dream BIG)

Yeah looked like a connie but I am guessing the destruction of the federation is going to involve that ship lol(dream big but I think its probably just for the setting of the mission).

Yeah I always did like the red alerts a little more over the queues and battlezones. One thing I hope is coming is something to tear down the walls between players with content where your all on a map but no way to communicate unless you are in a premade/private queue. A lot more interested in this than DR or the iconian stuff lol.
  • Options
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    Those wishing for a T6 Connie will most likely be bitterly disappointed!

but what happens if it comes though? xD
    Then the bitterly disappointed will faint dead away.

• Options
    tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    So Season 11.5 pn the 12, and a new Connie on the 5th?
  • Options
    tousseau wrote: »
    So Season 11.5 pn the 12, and a new Connie on the 5th?

It doesn't look like the T1 Connie model got revamped to me. Just used the same engine trails as the T'liss.
  • Options
    stobg2015stobg2015 Member Posts: 800 Arc User

In regards to the resources... it depends on which time period these forces come from. My guess is Vosk's time period. Yes in the 25th Century of STO, the Na'Khul may not have the resorces, but as we're apparently particiapting in a new front of the TEMPORAL cold war that just heated up... I'd say they're from the future when they DO have the resources.

Based on the events in Time and Tide, I'd say they still didn't have the resources in the 28th century when they attacked the Accords. If they didn't have them by then, they weren't ever going to. I will allow that I will accept any half-reasonable rationale the Devs care to offer. A token attempt at an immersive role-play experience will suffice.

But if it boils down to "Oh noes, a bunch of angry Na'khul showed up!" I will not be impressed. If you could insert any random faction in place of the Na'khul and the scenario doesn't completely break down as nonsense, I will not be impressed. If that's the case, then it's just another un-special random encounter with the next "alien of the month" and I think we deserve better at this point.
    (The Guy Formerly And Still Known As Bluegeek)
  • Options
    We know that the Na'khul were major players in the Temporal Cold War though. Daniels even said something about them. There's also Noye and the Annorax on the loose.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User

Based on the events in Time and Tide, I'd say they still didn't have the resources in the 28th century when they attacked the Accords. If they didn't have them by then, they weren't ever going to. I will allow that I will accept any half-reasonable rationale the Devs care to offer. A token attempt at an immersive role-play experience will suffice.

But if it boils down to "Oh noes, a bunch of angry Na'khul showed up!" I will not be impressed. If you could insert any random faction in place of the Na'khul and the scenario doesn't completely break down as nonsense, I will not be impressed. If that's the case, then it's just another un-special random encounter with the next "alien of the month" and I think we deserve better at this point.
    Didn't the Blog say something to the effect that the Na'khul in Time and Tide were just a handful of random Na'khul and not even Na'khul affiliated with Vosk?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User

You'd think we'd have learned our lesson by now. Avoid peaceful summits at all costs!

Seriously, stop inviting our captains to conferences. From the Romulan perspective, I think the most peaceful involved hidden bombs to kill the delegates, and the Federation's most successful peace initiative ended in a deep strike on Vulcan.
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • Options

Seriously, stop inviting our captains to conferences. From the Romulan perspective, I think the most peaceful involved hidden bombs to kill the delegates, and the Federation's most successful peace initiative ended in a deep strike on Vulcan.

And the most successful JOINT conference was probably the one about the Undine threat at Jenolan, which ended in attacks on Earth and Qo'Nos.
  • Options
    edited March 2016

HERETIC! miranda class hero ships ftw.
    Heroes: One and All!
    DS9battlerageson-001.gif
    :: removes hat, bows head ::
    Post edited by zedbrightlander1 on