test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Season 11.5 Giveaways!

Comments

• Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,772 Arc User
    Tank you for the Cook-kies, Miss Trendy. Just waiting for the next batch.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCbWyYr82BM
    Waiting is so hard!
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    sanokskyratsanokskyrat Member Posts: 479 Media Corps
    Thank you STO! FREE STUFF IS ALWAYS A WINNER!
    1368747308047.cached_zpsl4joalbs.jpg
  • Options
    johnnyray14#4257 johnnyray14 Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    Can you please give some sort of signal in-game that these rewards are available? Some of us don't check the forum and Promotions tab every day. Thank you :).
  • Options
    stormstryke2stormstryke2 Member Posts: 252 Arc User
    Can you please give some sort of signal in-game that these rewards are available? Some of us don't check the forum and Promotions tab every day. Thank you :).

I found out in the non-Arc launcher.
  • Options
    johnnyray14#4257 johnnyray14 Member Posts: 188 Arc User

Well I have two more obstacles here then: I don't exit the application every day, and my launcher is still bugged (says "The website is experiencing technical difficulties. Normal game play is not affected"). It's weird because I can see the three news blurbs for a few milliseconds, but then they disappear. Doesn't happen on a second computer running the same version of everything, very strange. I'm not sure which launcher I'm using though---it's just the default one after installing the game from Steam.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User

Well I have two more obstacles here then: I don't exit the application every day, and my launcher is still bugged (says "The website is experiencing technical difficulties. Normal game play is not affected"). It's weird because I can see the three news blurbs for a few milliseconds, but then they disappear. Doesn't happen on a second computer running the same version of everything, very strange. I'm not sure which launcher I'm using though---it's just the default one after installing the game from Steam.
    You're in the habit of leaving STO running for several days at a time? okay.... But yeah, the launcher showed a news ticker item about it.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    stormstryke2stormstryke2 Member Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited April 2016

So far, Cryptic lets Steam use the non-Arc launcher. And it was in the news item. But if you go in the game then exit, you will see the launcher even with Steam. You would have to leave the game running to not see the launcher. Right now there are two ways to avoid Arc: Steam or have access to the original launcher to install the game which makes having the old Atari disks or pre-ARC installer so great. Steam pulls up a version like the "old" launcher.

Edit: I don't use Steam for any games I don't need it. Because their family share is unavailable while using it even for F2P games.
  • Options
    valboomer74valboomer74 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Last thing i've heard is that trendy is handing out free forum bans as well, if you disagree with her.

Update: 2nd delay, this time +1 hour
  • Options
    tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    When launching STO today I got so sidetracked by the patch notes that I completely missed the giveaway posting. Nearly missed it. I may have hit the cosmic powerball or something because I have 13 extra spec points and this moves me up to 15 so i can crush out the new specialization tomorrow which is a very nice gift indeed. I was trying to crush out another fed admiralty chain for some spec points but failed at the worst time so this has just made my day! I had the 10 out of 10 tour of duty mission set with a 99 percent chance of success and it failed and I was so fuming mad but this has truly made my day in a big way!
    Isn't RNG fickle?

When you want that 1% chance, it never hits... but you can be darn sure, that when you don't... it will land.

• Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    YAY! Today's giveaway: Free inventory slots for every singnle one of your chars!

Thank you very much!
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,348 Arc User
    szim wrote: »
    YAY! Today's giveaway: Free inventory slots for every singnle one of your chars!

Thank you very much!

Always useful.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    COOKIES ARE DONE!
    AbcQGd.gif
    Umm-umm-umm.
    And a place to keep the cookies Me don't eat.
    Me just kidding. Me eat all da cookies. :smiley::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie:
  • Options
    astara#9216 astara Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    Yay more free stuff! I approve. ^_^
    tumblr_nukpjkRfvP1rjkjhfo9_500.gif

• Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    Today's are 12 Inventory Slots per character.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    keletteskelettes Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Space?

/e rubs eyes

Space!

*q*

SPAAAACE!

One can never have enough space! Thanks! :smiley:
    "Ad astra audacter eamus in alis fidelium."
    -
    "To boldly go to the stars on the wings of the faithful."
  • Options
    :: SWISH ::
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    Oh thanks I needed this.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    zorander6zorander6 Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    Nice, thanks. :)
  • Options
    eiledoneiledon Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    Freebies Good. :smiley:

Patching is slow going today - hopefully it finishes in time for me to claim the inventory slots m8ufiyH.png​​
  • Options
    centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    It's a cunning ploy on Cryptic's part, giving away some inexpensive freebies, in order to get more players online to pre-patch their client files early... :) Even so, I appreciate the gesture!
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,198 Arc User
    Please tell me that the 2 free spec points was the first item, I wasn't even aware of there being a full give away when I got them, I hope I didn't miss a previous item.
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    You're good.
    The Spec. Points were the start.
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    Cycling through all my toons to pick up the free inventory slots. I think if I hear the sentence "You have just earned your first skill points. Click here to learn more." once more I may shoot myself in the face.​​
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,379 Arc User
    Thanks! Inventory slots are always welcome.
    C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
    -Captain James T. Kirk
  • Options
    fluffymooffluffymoof Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    YAY for more slots. I keep getting full bags and my BOFFs are sick of being pack mules.
    One of the many Tellarite Goddesses of Beauty!

If there are posts here that do not appeal to you, or opinions you disagree with, the best way to deal with that is to resist the urge to add comments. Instead, engage with the content you like! Don't feed the trolls!
  • Options
    shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    Inventory slots are particularly welcome today.... (Goes back to emptying random things out of the overflow bags.)
    8b6YIel.png?1
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    shevet wrote: »
    Inventory slots are particularly welcome today.... (Goes back to emptying random things out of the overflow bags.)

tT4R22o.gif​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    Well, now I have to cycle through all my Characters today to get the Inventory Slots. I claimed the Spec Points on one Character Yesterday, assuming like they always do that, that will unlock that Promotion on the Promotions Tab for the remaining Characters. Wrong. It is nowhere to be found on any other Character.

Please make it clear on the Blogs that the freebies must be grabbed on ALL Characters on the Account you want it on, on the day it is available otherwise it is lost. There is no unlock.

Please no posts about entitlement, gratitude, etc. I am not and I am (respectively) but if the normal operational rules change, please let us know.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    shevet wrote: »
    Yeah, I found that particularly odd. I took things that I'd left in my inventory and dropped them into the overflow bags. :p

• Options
    warpaint21warpaint21 Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    Just in time. I need some more inventory slots.
This discussion has been closed.