What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

STO Holodeck Connection Issues [2/13]

Comments

• Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    shadow1766 wrote: »
    well if his beef is with neverwinter can we get a dedicated server for sto? If head honcho's won't approve the funds crowd fund that sucker....i would donate a couple dollars for that

I've been wondering the same thing myself the last couple times that this has happened. If not a dedicated server for STO then, as cold as it may sound, maybe one for Neverwinter so that attacks on it don't affect other Cryptic/PWE games...

It probably wouldn't be much, but I, too, would be willing to help pay for it.. For that matter, they could put something in the C-Store (Red Squad combadge or something else simple like that) and note "All proceeds will go to providing STO with a stand-alone server" and most of the players would probably help...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,070 Community Moderator
    Maybe we should call Anonymous and them take care of him.

Word is they already know, and warned him.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User

LOLOLOLOL :D:D:D

I went ahead and edited your post, but that really made me laugh :D

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    This a reminder that I still expect people to follow the Community Rules and Policies. Frustration is understandable, but flaming and outright threats or comments of violence are not.

This in a nutshell. Besides...by voicing your frustrations, you are make it clear to this sad individual that they are affecting you and have power over you. The best way to win is to not engage or give them the attention that they so crave. to make up for his ability to be a decent Human being. Prove yourself above this actions of this person by not letting their antics upset you. :)
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • Options
    scoobybluesscoobyblues Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    *sigh
    You are forcing me to do the right thing and go start my taxes!
    ugh there goes my diversion ;(
  • Options
    I'm not sure what is more sad: a guy that feels the need to cyber attack a video game for some imagined slight, or people who act like it is the end of the world. Both are pretty sad TBH :/

Thank you for covering the important thing.

The really funny thing is, that cartoon is actually doing the very thing it is making fun of. I wonder if the artist realized that? :D

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    nikkobrisbanenikkobrisbane Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    This a reminder that I still expect people to follow the Community Rules and Policies. Frustration is understandable, but flaming and outright threats or comments of violence are not.

Yeah but come on....when its been happening for this long, its get very very frustrating. I haven't said anything to threaten or what not but some people are getting over frustrated. Surely the tech guys can do something. Some people have a small amount of time to play and this Small little kid is making it hard for people. Your end up loosing players.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,070 Community Moderator
    raventomoe wrote: »

This in a nutshell. Besides...by voicing your frustrations, you are make it clear to this sad individual that they are affecting you and have power over you. The best way to win is to not engage or give them the attention that they so crave. to make up for his ability to be a decent Human being. Prove yourself above this actions of this person by not letting their antics upset you. :)

While I agree... there is no indication he even pays attention to the forums. Or at least the STO forums. Got a feeling he focuses on Twitter.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    kekvinkekvin Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    Time to kick back put on some startrek, put ur feet up and relax I say
  • Options
    kblskbls Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    asdf
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    minmacdougalminmacdougal Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    Here's their response: Not your personal army.

• Options
    starfleetb1#9233 starfleetb1 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    YabSAou.jpg
  • Options

Surely the tech guys can do something.

Every minute the server is down Cryptic is losing money. They have every motivation to do anything they can to fix it as quickly as possible. That being said, what exactly do you think they should be doing that they probably aren't already?

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    kblskbls Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    asdf
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kbls wrote: »
    Expect us to follow the rules... I expect you to do your job.

Trendy's job is to manage the community. Her job has *NOTHING* to do with fixing the servers.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    torrynwoodsrunnertorrynwoodsrunner Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    I'm a little confused as to why this situation hasn't been definitively handled by now. The perpetrator has not only identified himself, but bragged of his accomplishment. Notify the proper authorities, have them contact Twitter for his IP and other identifying information, and bust him. Why is it not just that easy?

He's an admitted (though low-end) cyber-terrorist. Treat him as such, and -end- him.

Some of us would like to play our games with just the inherent problems they come with, thanks very much. :)
  • Options
    kekvinkekvin Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    com'on they r doing there best to sort it out u kno.
  • Options
    kbls wrote: »
    Expect us to follow the rules... I expect you to do your job.

Uncalled for dude. She IS doing her job. Keeping us informed as the Community Manager.
  • Options
    ccs46ccs46 Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    Is a legal response in the works?
  • Options
    scarlet0nescarlet0ne Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    I'm guessing having multiple games share servers is a cost saving strategy. I get that. I'm also willing to bet that PWE isn't blind and are aware of this individual, but just can't/won't comment on him for various reasons.

That all being said, still not happy over this and very little short of a news article saying he's been stopped and penalized will change that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »

Word is they already know, and warned him.

It was just someone pretending to be Anonymous to try and scare him. If it really was Anon, they'd have done something by now.
  • Options
    ccs46 wrote: »
    Is a legal response in the works?

If it were, they wouldn't be telling us about it.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    My explorer crashed, had to relog. Could the forums servers also being affected?
  • Options
    minmacdougalminmacdougal Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Statement withdrawn from this post.
  • Options
    torrynwoodsrunnertorrynwoodsrunner Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Not that simple. Not by any stretch of the imagination.
    Then please explain -why- it's not that simple. Without reasoning, the answer given has no weight.
  • Options
    nikkobrisbanenikkobrisbane Member Posts: 70 Arc User

Surely the tech guys can do something.

Every minute the server is down Cryptic is losing money. They have every motivation to do anything they can to fix it as quickly as possible. That being said, what exactly do you think they should be doing that they probably aren't already?

People have said it over and over, contact local authorities. Its not hard. This small child is annoucing to the world...he is not hiding it. The evidence is enough to bust him for low end Cyber terroism. However people telling trendy to do there job are kinda dumb, Trendy is doing there job. Laughingtrendy has been doing an awesome job.
  • Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Launcher is borked. This looks to be far more serious than a DDoS attack.

Edit: Just to be clear, it's a weird text instead of images, etc. Looks like the program's being attacked.
  • Options
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Not that simple. Not by any stretch of the imagination.
    Then please explain -why- it's not that simple. Without reasoning, the answer given has no weight.

International most likely. Meaning lots of red tape.