test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

STO Holodeck Connection Issues

Comments

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,183 Community Moderator
    Yea iconians. the prick's a childish shtako alright.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,407 Arc User
    jowolf18 wrote: »
    He Who Must Not Be Named on Twitter is basically saying it will happen every 20 minutes or so if No One provokes him.
    So how often will he kick his heels and cry if he is "provoked"?
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    mushariagainmushariagain Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    I have never actively wanted to go after someone before but I'm starting to feel differently in this guy's case, for now I'm just hoping he'll run out of money to pay for the DDOS soon, why exactly is he doing this? -.-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm not THAT difficult to please, I just have a very low tolerance threshold for stupid BS! - George Carlin.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    why exactly is he doing this? -.-

As someone pointed out last page:
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Dude's got a grudge against Neverwinter because he can't exploit something to make lots of pixel monies anymore. So he wants to Scorched Earth it. He can't have his way, no one can play.

• Options
    sov42 wrote: »
    why exactly is he doing this? -.-

As someone pointed out last page:
    Dude's got a grudge against Neverwinter because he can't exploit something to make lots of pixel monies anymore. So he wants to Scorched Earth it. He can't have his way, no one can play.

Ah, I must have missed that post, thanks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm not THAT difficult to please, I just have a very low tolerance threshold for stupid BS! - George Carlin.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,183 Community Moderator
    I just paid the Neverwinter forums a visit. Place is a ghost town and I didn't see an official thread like this one over there. I expected the place to be nuclear...
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    I'm investigating. Again.
  • Options
    @pwlaughingtrendy Might wanna get a hot chocolate and some relaxing music. Or maybe your favorite game that you can vent on "innocent" enemy NPCs in.
  • Options
    @pwlaughingtrendy Might wanna get a hot chocolate and some relaxing music. Or maybe your favorite game that you can vent on "innocent" enemy NPCs in.
    I recommend GTA: San Andreas, with the Invulnerability cheat on. And a rocket launcher.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    For frame of reference, I know that "We are investigating" sounds like a generic message. One of the things is every time something like this happens, we inspect our network and security to establish multiple variables. It's due to the complex and inherent nature of it that I don't disclose further what is going on in the back end.

That being said, I'm fighting this with every possible email I can muster.
  • Options
    dwwolfedwwolfe Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    @pwlaughingtrendy I pray you have a large cup of strong coffee and nerves of stuff stronger than tritanium right now. I know folks are griefing you and the network team. I speak for myself and I hope others as well in saying we appreciate you and your teams efforts in trying to make this right, and we hope that one day soon something can be done to help make this a thing of the distant past.
    Too many characters to list but still adding more.......The addiction to this game is real
  • Options
    alkorahil#4022 alkorahil Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    > rattler2 wrote: »
    >
    > Dude's got a grudge against Neverwinter because he can't exploit something to make lots of pixel monies anymore. So he wants to Scorched Earth it. He can't have his way, no one can play.
    >

That line of reasoning makes about as much sense as "Ferrari wont give me a car, so I am going to go and bash all my neighbors cars on the street with a sledge hammer."
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User

I recommend Slap Kirk.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    shawnypshawnyp Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    sorry you gotta deal with the grief from this guy Trendy! He needs to get a life in a bad way.... Some of us look forward to coming on STO after a brutal day... This just makes a bad day suck even worse lol. Thank you and your team for your help!
  • Options
    >
    > Dude's got a grudge against Neverwinter because he can't exploit something to make lots of pixel monies anymore. So he wants to Scorched Earth it. He can't have his way, no one can play.
    >

That line of reasoning makes about as much sense as "Ferrari wont give me a car, so I am going to go and bash all my neighbors cars on the street with a sledge hammer."

I agree with you. However some people are that stupid and shortsighted. Its like the Joker from The Dark Knight. Don't care about money or power. Some people just want to see the world burn.
    For frame of reference, I know that "We are investigating" sounds like a generic message. One of the things is every time something like this happens, we inspect our network and security to establish multiple variables. It's due to the complex and inherent nature of it that I don't disclose further what is going on in the back end.

That being said, I'm fighting this with every possible email I can muster.

We're rooting for you Trendy.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    I'm investigating. Again.

If I may be so bold as to speak on behalf of the entire community (which I will regardless of permission because I just am that arrogant), we do appreciate the hard work you guys are doing. We know that you want to sleep and we are grateful that you are staying up to keep us informed. Don't mind the frustrated quotes, it's just proof that we're passionate about the game. :)

Thank you for going so far out of your way for us (now stop working yourself to death and get some sleep, you amazing thing you ;)).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    >
    >

I agree with you. However some people are that stupid and shortsighted. Its like the Joker from The Dark Knight. Don't care about money or power. Some people just want to see the world burn.

Heh, the simile I used to explain the current 'situation' to someone was "Trashing the Coca-Cola truck because the store isn't stocking Pepsi anymore."
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    xraiderv1xraiderv1 Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    trendy? here, you can draw from the zorah's torpedo magazines to help fight this battle...she's got a full inventory loadout of torpedoes.
    *slides over padd with access codes to torpedo magazines*
    Murphy's laws:
    1- Murphy’s Law tells us that anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
    2- And anything that does go wrong will get progressively worse.
    3- And if you survive the first two laws it’s time to panic.
  • Options
    I did suggest Hot Chocolate and relaxing music...
    I especially find this track from Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles to be nice.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNRHO2pY97I
  • Options
    alkorahil#4022 alkorahil Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    >
    > I recommend Slap Kirk.​​

Never gets old!
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    >
    > I recommend Slap Kirk.

Never gets old!

I said give me the brandy!​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member Posts: 471 Arc User
    slap Kirk, if only jethro leroy gibbs give backhead slap :) LOL! can someone make photoshop with Gibbs and Kirk in GIF mode?
  • Options
    tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    LOL at th idea of a Jethro/Kirk "Gibbs Slap" gif...
  • Options
    tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    Well.. if he's back again with his shenanigans ... does that mean I'll be play Archeage when I get home?
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    captain-kirk-slaps-spock.gif

tumblr_mqg6azxfY91rfbf9jo4_250.gif
  • Options
    Does it have to land? Can we just crash it into him at full speed?
  • Options
    Does it have to land? Can we just crash it into him at full speed?
    I'm going to have to dismiss RRW Susse'thrai to make room for new ships - sounds like a grand way to send the old girl off.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    caleb143caleb143 Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    I recommend bringing the collective weight of every ship used by the players. Also, Trendy, there will be eggs and Bacon waiting for you tomorrow, as well as a plate of your favorite sweets
    tumblr_o0xkrlVud21uuxsqjo1_1280.png