test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Pop Culture Hero Coalition

Comments

• Options
    yonan#1068 yonan Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Count me in for hoping more $10 tiers open up. I picked up two sets of small ships, for some to gift out later.
  • Options
    amayakitsuneamayakitsune Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    As far as I can tell, the ONLY way to redeem the codes is to do it through the Arc Client.

Sounds like another "Hey try our latest bloatware to get the cool stuff!" ploy.

Sorry - not going to work. I'll install the client JUST long enough to redeem this and then I'm uninstalling it as fast as I can. I play the game through Steam. I don't need Arc. And I never intend to need it.
    You use steam and are complaining about "bloatware" O_o'

The difference between Steam and Arc (and what makes Arc bloatware, while Steam isnt):

Steam has more than just Valve games. Arc has only PWE games.
    7NGGeUP.png

• Options
    rossrobertsonrossrobertson Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    Bought a bundle when there were over 1500 T6s left. Paid by paypal. Now hours later, still no email, no codes and the groupees site saying i haven't bought anything. What a complete farse.
  • Options
    hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    Well. I got a receipt, but going on 9 hours since my purchase (I bought it at 11:39 PST, it's now 8:05 PST), and still no key. I am happy to donate to a good cause, but I would like for them to give me my promised compensation. But hey, they say wait 24 hours, fine, I'll wait 24 hours.

But if it hits 24 hours and I don't receive my bundle, I will be that guy, and ask for a refund.
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    I am really disappointed! Out of the 4 I purchased, I only got 2. When i purchased the second 2, there were still 500 or so T6 bundles left as well. If this TRIBBLE isn't resolved in the morning, I will be placing a call to my credit card company to have those transactions reversed!
  • Options
    kirimuffinkirimuffin Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    kirimuffin wrote: »
    Wow... I missed out on the Guardian... *sigh* Got a mirror danube though...

So while I'm on hour 5 of waiting for my code, anyone know if there is anything different about the mirror danube, or is it just cosmetic?

And what do the abilities on he Leeta BOff look like?

I had to buy a regular Danube just to check, lol. The mirror Danube sacrifices its science console slot for another tac slot, and its admiralty card has higher stats (the regular one has 3/2/1; the mirror one has 4/5/1).
    That sounds like the difference in ship card rarity.

I still wish the KDF and RRF got mirror ships too. :/

Yeah, that's probably it. The mirror Danube is blue, and the regular one is white.

And same here. :/ I hope we all get new, T6 mirror ships.
  • Options
    whiteknight1xwhiteknight1x Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    I hope you will add more T6 Bundles. Wasn't able to login until now so I miss out on the T6 bundle.
  • Options
    hadleybhadleyb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    So just get home from work and no Tier 6s are left. Typical that they don't think of different time zones. Once again great job... not.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    In the picture of Leeta on the c-store, it shows two costumes... what's up with that?
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    hadleyb wrote: »
    So just get home from work and no Tier 6s are left. Typical that they don't think of different time zones. Once again great job... not.

Maybe this was a (not so well executed by Groupees) attempt to compensate for all the times the Europeans have their play time interrupted by maintenance and claim no one thinks of them. O_O

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    amayakitsuneamayakitsune Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    ruinthefun wrote: »
    The difference between Steam and Arc (and what makes Arc bloatware, while Steam isnt):

And adding more things doesn't make something MORE bloatware than something that exists for a singular, if itself bloated, purpose?

No. Because Steam is a way to access many many things. Arc exists for one purpose: to push PWE games only. If Steam only had Valve games, it too would be bloatware, but it provides a wide variety of games.
    7NGGeUP.png

• Options
    gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
    For those that are saying nothing is showing up under the groupees bundle window. Double check you PayPal account/ credit card account/ bank account. Chances are it never went through, is still processing, or you where charged back.

Charge backs or cancelations do to error can take up too 24 hours for them to be listed
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
  • Options
    blazeritterblazeritter Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    hadleyb wrote: »

It'd be nice if they'd let people who work for a living benefit from these for once. This is at least the third time in recent memory that I've missed promotions because I actually work for a living and don't live at my computer. Just makes you feel like they really don't want you as a customer.

I still donated a little anyway, but this would be a great opportunity for Cryptic to show themselves as magnanymous and offer the same bundle to everyone who donated a the right level. It'd be easy to do - just get a list of purchasers from the site.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    As far as I can tell, the ONLY way to redeem the codes is to do it through the Arc Client.

Sorry - not going to work. I'll install the client JUST long enough to redeem this and then I'm uninstalling it as fast as I can. I play the game through Steam. I don't need Arc. And I never intend to need it.

True, but I only runs Arc if I actually want to. I don't need it to play the games.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 587 Arc User
    edited November 2015

been using Steam for years and had no problem with this "bloatware" you talk about. and as for Arc you don't have to install it to get the items you can redeem the codes thru the web site since it is part of Arc but in the web browser form (or just click on the ship in the donation page where the ships are shown click on the ship and there will be a link that takes to a redeem page that is where you put the code if you don't use Arc) easy as that and you don't have to install it if you choose not too, again have had Arc on my PC since it was formed had no problems think some just have issues with having stuff on there computer and if that the case what are you doing on the internet.
  • Options
    oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    I applaud Cryptic for being proactive, and getting the community motivated. And I applaud the giving spirit by members of the community itself. However, I've never heard of this charity, and thus, am wary. Too many scam "charities" have operated under the air of legitimacy, or celebrity endorsement, in the past. So, I'm going to have to pass.

In any case, I've already made my monthly donations to St. Judes Children's Hospital, American Cancer Society, and the NRA-ILA.

• Options
    gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
    For every one complaining about missing it becuase they work. I am 3rd shift in a physical job I work for a living and I miss a lot of promotions do to the time they happen at. I got lucky on this one.
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    sov42 wrote: »
    In the picture of Leeta on the c-store, it shows two costumes... what's up with that?

^^ once again... what's up with that?
  • Options
    swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    Bought a bundle when there were over 1500 T6s left. Paid by paypal. Now hours later, still no email, no codes and the groupees site saying i haven't bought anything. What a complete farse.

According to groupee, that's a quirk in their system, when the payment providers don't respond fast enough. Your charge will (hopefully) still go through.
  • Options
    swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    The giveaway page has been updated.

PayPal and Xsolla are bogged down, and cannot send notifications to the site in a timely fashion. If you have received a receipt from your payment processor, you will get a bundle.

If your bundle disappears from your purchases page after 10 minutes, this is a side effect of the limited bundles system. Your bundle will reappear as soon as payment is processed. Please do not make multiple purchases unless you want multiple bundles, as you will most likely be charged again. Do NOT cancel the bundle if you have made a payment.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    ^^ once again... what's up with that?
    One is prime Leeta, the other Mirror. but why? I wish I knew....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    szymborskaszymborska Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    How do I redeem the codes?
  • Options

actually not true there is at least one game on Arc that is not PWE that's not saying much but it still proves that Arc is not all Perfect World games.
  • Options
    titansupremetitansupreme Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    Ten hours after I sent off my $10, and still no email with any code. I'm starting to wonder if I've been had.
    2821j4m.jpg
  • Options
    szymborska wrote: »
    How do I redeem the codes?

one of two ways if you don't have or don't want arc you can click on any of the ships on the page where they show and there will be a link that will redirect you to a redeem page enter the code there or install Arc and start it then on the Arc Icon (with the lil down arrow) click there and go to redeem a code. hope this helps.
  • Options
    apedilbertapedilbert Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    Good bundle for a good cause. I might've been too late to get the limited edition ships but the important thing is someone's taking a stand against bullying.
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,395 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Finally got my bundle from the second try 11 hours later and with the T6. Still no news about the paypal try, but at least, I know one went through and will go to this good cause.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    sahtaisahtai Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    How is the mirror gardian. Same as usual one? Trait/ console/ Bo layout/ weapon layout
  • Options
    sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    I finally got 2 keys, but not the one for the t6 bundle, when I made my donation 2800 T6 bundles were still available. so?