test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Pop Culture Hero Coalition

Comments

• kajofolfkajofolf Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    Wanted to buy this package yesterday. What happened was, Groupees put my payment on hold. Today my order isn't even in my profile anymore. The T6 package is gone now, thanks for nothing....

If Groupees should decide to try to get the money from my paypal now I will instantly get that back -.-
  • velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    velqua wrote: »
    Admiral Leeta as a BOFF...ooo...so tempting. :)

I have Admiral Leeta! ...or at least a photonic version of her. lol I am definitely enjoying my T6 ship bundle. :smile:
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • alexvio1alexvio1 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »
    It's the exact same ship coming with the T5 trait, the console and all customization options (including I.S.S. prefix) albeit trading intel hybrid for a command hybrid (which in my opinion makes more sense than intel). So if you want a new killer ship you won't get it, but it's a very solid ship.​​

Not exactly the same. Fleet version or fleet ship modules discount for the standard version aren't available.
  • magolosomagoloso Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Can anyone confirm if groupées webpage is down?
  • xylylxylyl Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    My keys arrived in 13 hours. I ordered the T6 bundle plus all the lesser ships EXCEPT the klingon ships.

So what did I get? All the lesser ships PLUS the klingon ships AND NO T6 BUNDLE. When I was approved, there were were still 1600+ bundles.

Don't get me wrong, the donation went to a worthy cause. However the promised rewards came too little, too late. Will be a lot more skeptical of such future causes such as this one.

Woman-scorned cheers ... Admiral Cybyl
    Thus spake Admiral Cybyl:  Alea iacta est. Ibis redibis,numquam per bello peribis. Ergo, per aspera ad astra!
  • bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    I applaud Cryptic for being proactive, and getting the community motivated. And I applaud the giving spirit by members of the community itself. However, I've never heard of this charity, and thus, am wary. Too many scam "charities" have operated under the air of legitimacy, or celebrity endorsement, in the past. So, I'm going to have to pass.

In any case, I've already made my monthly donations to St. Judes Children's Hospital, American Cancer Society, and the NRA-ILA.

actually if you watch the STLV 2015 announcement of STO: New Dawn someone ask Chase about her charity and she explained it in detail, doubtful she would go into such detail and then it be a scam I applaud her for doing it, because someone had too. there are too many incidents that I hear about people/kids being bullied even on the internet it's a sad thing but it does happen and something needs to be done and this is just the thing to fight it.
  • bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    well 12 hours later, but I got my bundle and leeta BOff
  • deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    got them now, wheee
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    alexvio1 wrote: »
    Not exactly the same. Fleet version or fleet ship modules discount for the standard version aren't available.

That's true, I forgot.

The promotional ships will not unlock the c-store versions. You get new ones in your "Promotion" tab, account wide and reclaimable if dismissed but they do not count for the fleet discount. They are not the same ships in game-logic, but they are carbon copies of ther c-store counterparts.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • lordbrowaruslordbrowarus Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    Well my stuff is in, although the T6 bundle appears without any redemption key. Is there something special I need to do for that one, or should I just wait on it?

Same here. I send ticket again... and wait....
  • sanokskyratsanokskyrat Member Posts: 479 Media Corps
    Well my stuff is in, although the T6 bundle appears without any redemption key. Is there something special I need to do for that one, or should I just wait on it?

^
    Same problem. They took my money out right away but took them 14 hours for the code to appear but there is no t6 code. What do i do!?
    1368747308047.cached_zpsl4joalbs.jpg
  • hravikhravik Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    I hope they add more of the T6 bundle later, I didn't find out about it until it was already gone. :'(
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    Woo! Got my codes this morning.
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,818 Arc User
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    That's true, I forgot.

The promotional ships will not unlock the c-store versions. You get new ones in your "Promotion" tab, account wide and reclaimable if dismissed but they do not count for the fleet discount. They are not the same ships in game-logic, but they are carbon copies of ther c-store counterparts.​​
    Can you have both active at once?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 936 Arc User
    Yes you can have both Guardians at once.
  • cem3212cem3212 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    Well I haven't contributed any money to Cryptic since the Summer of 2014 when they yanked the dilithium store & reverted a few of my items, but yesterday I think they did a great service so I plunked down $40 to spread across my family's 3 accounts. Well done Cryptic & Pop Culture Hero Coalition.

Still bummed I wasn't able to log-in soon enough to take advantage of that Star Trek Enterprise Package giveaway, though it's advertisement was still present for days after it was valid even after the patch, & still perplexed why I wasn't one of the chosen, did they ever release any official criteria why some got & some not, for the free Andromeda giveaway like it would've hurt to offer it to everyone.

Nevertheless, well done on this giveaway & I understand this wasn't a giveaway, but a great cause & a great effort nonetheless.
  • alexvio1alexvio1 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    The promotional ships will not unlock the c-store versions.

Actually they do (save mirror Guardian, of course).

f06a3f446776193.jpg
    9d1d72446773385.jpg

17a195446776202.jpg
    d5d1fb446775052.jpg
  • hatepwehatepwe Member Posts: 252 Arc User
    Yeah T6 bundle unlocked but no codes on my end either. Atleast the tiny ships unlocked and leeta unlocked finally. But I did get double charged even though I cancelled a bundle purchase.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    Yes you can have both Guardians at once.

Well, the Guardian and Danube have different boff layouts, so that makes sense. What about the other ships?
  • daltonimperialdaltonimperial Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    Support reply this morning showing that I "tried" to make a Paypal payment but it didn't go through, despite the overlay making it seem successful with payment pending (which typically takes a few minutes for Paypal, so I - naively, I guess - assumed that nothing was wrong).

Disappointing experience with Groupees (first - and likely last - time I've ever used their site) and STO for choosing them.

Happy for all who (eventually) received their codes.
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,151 Arc User
    GP019 - the smeg does this stand for?

Tryin to get a leeta boff for a buddy who is out of town.
    zx2t8tuj4i10.png
    Thank you for the Typhoon!
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Actually they do (save mirror Guardian, of course).

Oh, seriously? I just found them under "promotions". Do they grant the fleet discount, then? If so, the Feds are in disadvantage for a change pig-2.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • rossrobertsonrossrobertson Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    Well still no codes, email or anything from Groupees. Bundles tab on groupees site still says 0.
    If it wasn't a time/quantity limited offer for the T6 then no prob, use a different payment but whats the point now? No T6 left. Not really worth it for a bunch of T1 ships and shuttles and a single doff.
    Very disappointed. Will never use Groupees for anything again. What a waste of time.
  • morbious01morbious01 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2015

I'm the same received all my ships except the t6

on the bundles page at the bottom theres sto chat theres a red bar saying there awaiting new keys no eta so just check back
  • tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    So jazzed at how well this is going. We've almost reached TWICE the original goal! Keep it going guys!
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • gazurtoidgazurtoid Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Indeed. This was a commendable initiative and kudos to Chase, PWE, Cryptic and everyone else involved, especially all who dug deep to donate. Awesome that almost $50,000 has been raised by players!
    yjkZSeM.gif
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    I am also one of the select few who had no issues, except for waiting for the text reply from my wife giving me permission... :wink:

Love the charity as I have children who were bullied in their youth. Also love the perks and the support that Cryptic offered as a bonus for those who participated. I hope those who also participated and wetter less fortunate than me will eventually get their rewards...

CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • tolwyn21tolwyn21 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Hi guys, I was able to make my purchase yesterday, but it took 20 hours to actually get the codes. No issues though! I don't mind the wait, its for a good cause and I got some new ships for a steal of a price! Just be patient folks!
  • lance1967lance1967 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    tacofangs wrote: »
    So jazzed at how well this is going. We've almost reached TWICE the original goal! Keep it going guys!

I'm sure we could easily make it 3-4 times the original goal if you open up some more T6 ships! :wink: