test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Pop Culture Hero Coalition

Comments

• Options
    gfreeman98gfreeman98 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    OK ran it again, this time the purchase went through. Took 15-20 minutes for it to show up as "Purchased", and I now I have my Keys. whew!

Now I gotta watch my credit card to make sure I don't get double-charged from the first attempt.
    screenshot_2015-03-01-resize4.png
  • Options
    swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    And We've gotten mirror Leeta, but still no codes.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    jcsww wrote: »
    Amazon payments seem to be instant but still nothing on the first two transactions I made through Visa. Support has yet to respond to my ticket also. The codes I got through my Amazon transaction though... I can't figure out how to claim them!
    I used paypal and that was pretty quick.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    dirlettia wrote: »
    Amazon payments seem to be instant but still nothing on the first two transactions I made through Visa. Support has yet to respond to my ticket also. The codes I got through my Amazon transaction though... I can't figure out how to claim them!

The codes are entered into the Arc launcher. Open Arc and click the arc icon top left and select redeem a code. After that they are in the store in the promotions tab.

that is, if they send you the code...

I think for most people we never got sent any codes at all. The email we got was:
    Thanks for your purchase!
    Your Groupees downloads can always be found on your personal purchases page
    We hate spam as much as you do, so Like us on Facebook or Follow us on Twitter to hear about next sale on games, music, and movies from Groupees .

Enjoy!
    Groupees Team

From that we just clicked the link to our personal page which we had just got for signing up to groupee and the codes sat in there.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • Options
    zellkarrathzellkarrath Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    swamarian wrote: »
    OK, I tried to purchase a $10 bundle using my credit card, and got a receipt, but now it's showing that I didn't purchase anything. What's going on?
    Same deal here. Let's just hope it resolves itself soon. I sent another ticket in with more information to see what happens. My biggest concern is that for some reason I won't get the T6 bundle.
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    where is the code? i went to the personal page, no code
  • Options
    swamarian wrote: »
    OK, I tried to purchase a $10 bundle using my credit card, and got a receipt, but now it's showing that I didn't purchase anything. What's going on?
    Same deal here. Let's just hope it resolves itself soon. I sent another ticket in with more information to see what happens. My biggest concern is that for some reason I won't get the T6 bundle.

me too
  • Options
    tarran61tarran61 Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Just couldn't pass up giving for a good cause, got it all..including her :-)

Just redeemed her code with all the others, I am so happy right now.
    Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    The first transaction with Paypal didn't go through, and the second attempt took 20+ minutes to happen.

Got the $10 pack, but paid substantially more as it is for charity.
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    hatepwehatepwe Member Posts: 252 Arc User
    Yeah I just assume that people using credit cards just lost out. No emails, purchase disappeared from my bundles page and have two pending charges on my card. Oh well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    Looks like we passed 25k easily, grats on that. Also looks like the T6 bundle is now sold out, so hopefully those of you who bought the bundle but are having problems with it can get that sorted out.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    ltcmdjamescoreltcmdjamescore Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    valoreah wrote: »

You need to read the page;
    PayPal and Xsolla are bogged down, and cannot send notifications to the site in a timely fashion. If you have received a receipt from your payment processor, you will get a bundle.

If your bundle disappears from your purchases page after 10 minutes, this is a side effect of the limited bundles system. Your bundle will reappear as soon as payment is processed. Please do not make multiple purchases unless you want multiple bundles, as you will most likely be charged again. Do NOT cancel the bundle if you have made a payment.
    ​​

I hope it will count my PayPal donation/purchase then. BTW, T6 bundle is sold out.
    izNBNFT.jpg
  • Options
    valoreah wrote: »

You need to read the page;
    PayPal and Xsolla are bogged down, and cannot send notifications to the site in a timely fashion. If you have received a receipt from your payment processor, you will get a bundle.

If your bundle disappears from your purchases page after 10 minutes, this is a side effect of the limited bundles system. Your bundle will reappear as soon as payment is processed. Please do not make multiple purchases unless you want multiple bundles, as you will most likely be charged again. Do NOT cancel the bundle if you have made a payment.
    ​​

I didn't use either...
  • Options
    lan451 wrote: »
    Looks like we passed 25k easily, grats on that. Also looks like the T6 bundle is now sold out, so hopefully those of you who bought the bundle but are having problems with it can get that sorted out.

we better...

• Options
    gazurtoidgazurtoid Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    This is a most welcome initiative and I have donated accordingly. Well done Cryptic.

EDIT - Amazon payment worked perfectly fine for me.
    yjkZSeM.gif
  • Options
    nightrunnerxnightrunnerx Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I would have like to purchase the $10 bundle, but it crossed my credit card as fraud. By the time I rectified the issue with VISA, all the bundles were sold out. Too bad there weren't more bundles allotted.
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,812 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    dirlettia wrote: »

The codes are entered into the Arc launcher. Open Arc and click the arc icon top left and select redeem a code. After that they are in the store in the promotions tab.

that is, if they send you the code...

I don't use the ARC launcher! That thing is a load of junk!

Yeah. I ordered two through my Visa over 3 hours ago and have yet to receive either of those two codes yet. I placed two orders through Amazon about 5 minutes ago and those came through fine. I filed a support ticket over an hour and a half ago and they have been utterly useless and unresponsive! If support doesn't contact me back soon, I am going to call Visa and tell them to cancel those two transactions from Xsolla!
  • Options
    tempus64tempus64 Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Very cool offer. But what really sucks it that there were a couple hundred or so T6 packs left when I got to the site. Struggled to get logged in. Didn't like Steam for some reason. Finally sorted that out, ordered via Paypal. Then waited for it to finally process. T6 offer ran out. Few minutes after that my contribution went through and no T6 bundle for me.

Edit: Oh hold on.. They just added the T6 key to my account!!! Whoop!!!! So odd that all the other ones were there all this time and not that one.
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,110 Arc User
    PayPal sure is taking it's friggin time. 30 minutes now :/
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    ejames127ejames127 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    While this is a nice cause, I'd like to point out that as someone who has to work for a living I had no chance for the T6 bundle. Good job TRIBBLE up what should have been a very feel-good promotion to help a worthy cause.

Thank you Chase, thank you cryptic, for ruining my night and making me feel very discrimated against and bullied.

I am absolutely appaled that someone would use a charity like this to make people feel like the victems the charity is supposed to represent.

Good. Job. Cryptic!
  • Options
    underdose35underdose35 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    I paid through paypal over an hour and a half ago when there were over 1000 T6 packs left, still have not even received a confirmation email from paypal, let alone anything from groupees. Will be a bit peeved if it results in me missing out on the T6 ships.
    Still, at least (most of) the money goes to a good cause!
  • Options
    gazurtoidgazurtoid Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Yes I saw the T6 deal was a nice bonus, lets keep in mind that the most important thing is supporting this charity, rather than worrying about getting T6 ships.

EDIT - and yes, as Chase Masterson was apparantly the founder of this charity, I suspect this initiative may have been her idea. If so - well done! And I fully encourage this - including future Cryptic deals to be linked to charitable causes (I had sworn off spending more real $ on STO, but made exception for this).
    yjkZSeM.gif
  • Options
    jakandarjakandar Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    was the T6 only for those who got keys, or those who payed 10 dollars first?
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,110 Arc User
    jakandar wrote: »
    was the T6 only for those who got keys, or those who payed 10 dollars first?

think it was for the first 2500 people who donated $10 or more.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    It worked OK for me, eventually....

It's a good cause, and I don't mind dropping the money on a good cause.

But, man, the wait was frustrating! - The problem is, I think, the way your "purchased" bundle suddenly vanishes from the page if processing the payment takes more than ten minutes or so. To someone who's not familiar with the site - which, I suspect, is most of us! - it sure as heck looks like it's eaten your money and forgotten about delivering your purchase. This is not what actually happens, at least to me. It just kind of looks that way, and people can pardonably be excused for worrying, I think.

(I mean... this is a piece of bad site design, really; it is something they need to fix. Bad PR, and it gets their customer services people swamped with panicked support tickets, which I suspect just gums the whole process up further. Nothing you, I, Cryptic or PWE can do about any of it, of course.)

Now to see if the codes worked and I have Fancy Shuttle and Psycho Hotpants Lady available for my toons!
    8b6YIel.png?1
  • Options
    hipachilleshipachilles Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    This is a great promotion and a good cause to get behind. Thank you to Chase and Cryptic for putting it together. I doubt anyone could have anticipated the quick and heavy response from our community which overloaded the payment processing servers. It really is unfortunate, but no malice towards anyone for trying to do a good thing.

For those of us who missed out due to the processing errors, it sucks. But let's stay positive and not resort to the most cruel of ironies by bullying Cryptic or anyone else involved in the promotion.
  • Options
    piotrtiberiuspiotrtiberius Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    Let's not forget that the important thing here is that our money supports charity and anti-bullying. The most troubling thing here is not having too few t6 sets to go around, but that they didn't expect so many people to donate.

I mean really, "bullying is bad and must be stopped" is just common sense isn't it? And with a Star Trek Tie in to spread the word...
  • Options
    daltonimperialdaltonimperial Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    Guess my Paypal purchase from this morning (I think the donations were under 10k at that point) didn't go through. I know I got a "success" pop-up overlay in green text that said something like "confirmed: your code will be sent once payment is processed." My fault for assuming it would go through/send me an email that the payment didn't go through, but there is nothing in my Groupee account that I just set up for this nor anything on my Paypal account. I also didn't want to try it again five minutes later only to have both payments then go through at the same time when I made my intended donation the first time.

Disappointing to offer a payment method like that. Why not just do a pop up that says "payment pending" and leave it that way until it goes through?
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,187 Arc User
    The T6 bundle shouldn't be limited for a specific amount, but rather for a set number of days so that all have a chance to get it.
    I got it cos I'm at home, but some might be at work or otherwise unable to get it now because the number has run out.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/